Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8727901 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) ... (14147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:33am On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:
There is no perspective in this issue, people should educate themselves. George Best and Bobby Charlton were greater players than Ronaldo for United and it is not even close. Whatever Ronaldo did later in his career does not count in his United resume.

Bobby Charlton won the champions league/european cup, scored 2 goals in the final, was in 3 consecutive Ballon d'Or podiums, won the Ballon d'Or, was world class for almost TEN YEARS at United and you think Ronaldo's 3 years is near him. 199 league goals from midfield including 8 double digit seasons.

George Best also won the Ballon d'Or, was on 2 podiums, scored in the champs/european cup final and had about 6 world class years scoring double league figures and countless assists. 137 league goals including 7 double digit seasons.

Denis Law won the Ballon d'Or, 3rd top scorer in United history, won the European cup, champs league, about 7 world class seasons.

They all played longer for United, were great for United for more years, and scored more goals for United than Lord Ororo.

Overall Ronaldo is obviously the better player but for United those 3 were greater.

Raul is a greater Madrid player than Zidane and Ronaldo de Lima though we know Zidane and Ronaldo were better players overall.

Del Piero is a greater Juventus player than Zidane.

Xavi and Eto'o are greater Barca players than Maradona.

I don't even understand why United fans are debating this. This is the first time I'm seeing a United fan placing Ororo over our Holy Trinity. It's preposterous to say the least. Ororo never created the impact or legacy those three did for us. It's not about winning the Balon D'or. The impact and legacy over many years are important criteria to consider.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 11:53am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:
I really don't mind us signing this Shaqiri. Anyother person with me on this?.
seconded!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:

No, it is not. Any Liverpool fan that rates Owen ahead of Gerrard in "Liverpool greatest player" category needs a lobotomy ASAP.

An uneducated Liverpool fan might do it, same way uneducated United fans can say Ronaldo is the greatest United player.

Gerrard is so highly rated at Liverpool the only player that is definitely ahead of him is Kenny Dalglish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:

I don't even understand why United fans are debating this. This is the first time I'm seeing a United fan placing Ororo over our Holy Trinity. It's preposterous to say the least. Ororo never created the impact or legacy those three did for us. It's not about winning the Balon D'or. The impact and legacy over many years are important criteria to consider.

Quite surprising. That is why in my first post i asked that people educate themselves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:

An uneducated Liverpool fan might do it, same way uneducated United fans can say Ronaldo is the greatest United player.

Gerrard is so highly rated at Liverpool the only player that is definitely ahead of him is Kenny Dalglish.

E never reach fight na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2018
dopeJemi:

E never reach fight na

No be fight, na advice. If you don't know enough about something you have to educate yourself before making proclamations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:

No be fight, na advice. If you don't know enough about something you have to educate yourself before making proclamations.

You should understand why their choice is Ronaldo, because it is something they, we all witnessed, no be hear say, or history books. Though I do not agree that he is our greatest ever player, but I'm not surprised his name is coming up, We all witnessed it, we all saw it and seeing what he has turned out to become(though not in our colors) really makes their point quite valid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
dopeJemi:

You should understand why their choice is Ronaldo, because it is something they, we all witnessed, no be hear say, or history books. Though I do not agree that he is our greatest ever player, but I'm not surprised his name is coming up, We all witnessed it, we all saw it and seeing what he has turned out to become(though not in our colors) really makes their point quite valid

There is no validity here, just ignorance. What he became after he left United has no bearing in the debate. All you just said is why i said people should educate themselves and you thought it was an insult.

Those that are ignorant can say he is the greatest United player THEY EVER SAW, and there won't be any argument. The fact that you didn't watch Charlton, Best, Law does not mean they never happened.

Otherwise another indomie generation fan will come out tomorrow and say Zlatan is the greatest United player ever because he never saw anybody before 2016.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:

There is no validity here, just ignorance. What he became after he left United has no bearing in the debate. All you just said is why i said people should educate themselves and you thought it was an insult.
Those that are ignorant can say he is the greatest United player THEY EVER SAW, and there won't be any argument. The fact that you didn't watch Charlton, Best, Law does not mean they never happened.

Chineke me! We are on the same side nwanne. I am just trying to see reasons why they think Ronaldo is United's greatest ever player

Biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
dopeJemi:

Chineke me! We are on the same side nwanne. I am just trying to see reasons why they think Ronaldo is United's greatest ever player

Biko

LMAO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 1:19pm On Jun 23, 2018
Jambody Alhaji doing the lords work

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2018
Una dey see world class finishing ?
I hope Morata is somewhere taking notes and no just dey drink him pain away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:
Una dey see world class finishing ?
I hope Morata is somewhere taking notes and no just dey drink him pain away.

I'm not taking anything away from the world-class finish of Ukaku, but you're missing an important factor - Ukaku's supporting casts.

Just imagine Mourinho plays attacking football and we have a supporting cast of Hazard and KDB behind Ukaku. Mehn!! Ukaku go miss and score tire. No wonder Aguero and City players were just scoring and seeing chances like say na ABC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ukaku without the burden to track back and defend is untouchable. Mourinho, please, I beg you, go for an attacking setup. Ukaku shouldn't be encumbered with the task of tracking back. This ideology must end last season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2018
Lukaku doing what he knows best!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:

I'm not taking anything away from the world-class finish of Ukaku, but you're missing an important factor - Ukaku's supporting casts.

Just imagine Mourinho plays attacking football and we have a supporting cast of Hazard and KDB behind Ukaku. Mehn!! Ukaku go miss and score tire. No wonder Aguero and City players were just scoring and seeing chances like say na ABC.
Exactly what we were saying here some months back when people were attacking Lukaku. No striker will thrive in our present set up.

Hopefully we get the right attacking supporting cast to play behind Lukaku at United. Swift and accurate passing of the ball not all those try your luck dem dey do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:

I just dey focus on the positive mehn.
Though a Jose fan would say that bolingoal's finishing and overall general play as increase since dem join together.

This World Cup na good way to watch how all our players perform outside Jose's influence. pogba for me in particular.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
Martinez is a bastard, Fellaini for Lukaku Seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
larride:
Martinez is a bastard, Fellaini for Lukaku Seriously?
Lol fellain go complete the lukaku hattrick grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
weedtaker:
Lol fellain go complete the lukaku hattrick grin

He don comot Hazard sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:

You are the one who is off course. Go back a few pages to the origin of the debate, it was an assertion that Ronaldo was the greatest United player ever.

I disagree! The fact that he won the world footballer of the
year as a United player puts him ahead of both players.

This was my argument bro. I never mentioned him being our best player ever. That's why I asked you to stay on course.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:

I just dey focus on the positive mehn.
Though a Jose fan would say that bolingoal's finishing and overall general play as increase since dem join together.

This World Cup na good way to watch how all our players perform outside Jose's influence. pogba for me in particular.

Pogba has been one of France's standout players even though France football has been uninspiring at best. United players in general haven't been doing badly this tournament. The likes of Rojo missed out on their country's humiliation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
eph12:

Exactly what we were saying here some months back when people were attacking Lukaku. No striker will thrive in our present set up.

Hopefully we get the right attacking supporting cast to play behind Lukaku at United. Swift and accurate passing of the ball not all those try your luck dem dey do

Even Aguero for struggle at United last season. Mourinho better be taking notes o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

I disagree! The fact that he won the world footballer of the
year as a United player puts him ahead of both players.

This was my argument bro. I never mentioned him being our best player ever. That's why I asked you to stay on course.

I keep saying you are the one who should stay on course. You can’t join a debate midway and dictate the terms. This debate started with someone claiming Ronaldo was United’s greatest ever player, and that is what we were debating before you went on your own tangent.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:
Ukaku without the burden to track back and defend is untouchable. Mourinho, please, I beg you, go for an attacking setup. Ukaku shouldn't be encumbered with the task of tracking back. This ideology must end last season.

Since I have been banned from mentioning Mourinho in here, I won't say anything.

I just hope people are watching our players play under different setups and managers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MoR2(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
sinizia:

so Sanchez and Pogba can not support the "cast" grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:

I keep saying you are the one who should stay on course. You can’t join a debate midway and dictate the terms. This debate started with someone claiming Ronaldo was United’s greatest ever player, and that is what we were debating before you went on your own tangent.

Oya no vex. continue the original argument with the person.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

Oya no vex. continue the original argument with the person.

Thanks. Next time stay in your lane.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 3:38pm On Jun 23, 2018
raumdeuter:
Jambody Alhaji doing the lords work

I think he will nick the golden boot ahead of Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

I think he will nick the golden boot ahead of Ronaldo.

I think so too. You can now see what Lukaku can do when he gets decent service and not at left back to defend
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
I disagree. Lukaku needs to improve

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
raumdeuter:

I think so too. You can no see what Lukaku can do when he gets decent service and not at left back to defend

Lol. I have bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) (5668) ... (14147) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: delkuf(m), a4turitoroman, stulp16, Jodera and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.