Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,453 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739867 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5661) (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) ... (14150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
sinizia:

Same here. Let him be magnificent for England, but let Mourinho not be deceived into settling for Young as first choice.

Weird as this might sound, I think we can win Iceland. Iceland players are always in defensive beast mode when they see any top team, but they may consider us as no threat and come out to attack us, leaving a room for us to shock them.

Just like I predicted, Slimghost, still doubting the Nostradamus in me? tongue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
sinizia:

Just like I predicted, Slimghost, still doubting the Nostradamus in me? tongue grin

My Niggur!!!!! I can't shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure getting drunk this night.
Shout out to Omeruo,Leon,Ndidi, Uzoho,Etebo and Of course, the main man Musa!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
slimghost:

My Niggur!!!!! I can't shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure getting drunk this night.
Shout out to Omeruo,Leon,Ndidi, Uzoho,Etebo and Of course, the main man Musa!

Uziho, Omeruo, Balogun Ekong Ndidi Etebo Musa

The mediocres were Moses and Iheanacho. I think Mikel did well in his withdrawn role

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
raumdeuter:

Uziho, Omeruo, Balogun Ekong Ndidi Etebo Musa

The mediocres were Moses and Iheanacho. I think Mikel did well in his withdrawn role

Mikel did just ok today, I don't have much criticism for him but you see that Plonker called Moses eeh, Dude was a waste.
He should thank his stars he got an assist, useless player.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
That was a good win. so happy. Atleast we gave ourselves a chance to qualify.

I still feel like our players like too many touches on the ball before they pass sometimes.

Moses needs to improve his crossing and ihenacho taking corners was also a very bad idea.

Looking forward to knocking out Argentina.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
slimghost:

Mikel did just ok today, I don't have much criticism for him but you see that Plonker called Moses eeh, Dude was a waste.
He should thank his stars he got an assist, useless player.

The worst be say the coach has deemed him untouchable. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
sinizia:
We need about 2 more goals to stand a good chance of qualifying.
We just need a draw to qualify irrespective of result elsewhere
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2018
sinizia:

The worst be say the coach has deemed him untouchable. cry
Well, me I have tapped into your optimism. lol. We are beating Argentina!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
slimghost:

Well, me I have tapped into your optimism. lol. We are beating Argentina!

eph12:

We just need a draw to qualify irrespective of result elsewhere

I'm not sure about drawing or winning Argentina o. We have to avoid the various lapses in concentration in our game that was evident for many moments in today's match, against Argentina to stand a chance of qualifying.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
Glad that Mitrovic has lost that first game nervousness. He's a proper striker. If anything is to stop Serbia from going far, it would be their defence. Can't imagine Ivanovic still playing.

I'm sure Mourinho won't be happy with this 'cos he wants Matic back as soon as possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
eph12:

How's Ronaldo the greatest player in United history?
guy na him o. top 2 @ least.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
SailorXY:
guy na him o. top 2 @ least.
As a United player or because he once played for United?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
eph12:

As a United player or because he once played for United?
in as much as I didn't watch the ancestors play, I'm sure some had as much influence as Ronaldo had in United but I'm almost sure not more than one had it in such a short span.

do you know that if they line up a select 11 from all eras in the English League, Ronaldo must be there? maybe you'll understand this better when you check the caliber of players that will be excluded from such a selection. that should tell you his contribution to the British game, not just for us, was enormous.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2018
I really don't mind us signing this Shaqiri. Anyother person with me on this?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
SailorXY:
in as much as I didn't watch the ancestors play, I'm sure some had as much influence as Ronaldo had in United but I'm almost sure not more than one had it in such a short span.

do you know that if they line up a select 11 from all eras in the English League, Ronaldo must be there? maybe you'll understand this better when you check the caliber of players that will be excluded from such a selection. that should tell you his contribution to the British game, not just for us, was enormous.
Hmmm
It's still personal opinion sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
slimghost:
I really don't mind us signing this Shaqiri. Anyother person with me on this?.

I said it! and the dude will come cheap too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:49am On Jun 23, 2018
SailorXY:

If the question was framed like :greatest player ever to play for united ? Ronaldo na the likely answer.

Cr7 no fit be our greatest ever player. His peak at Utd was no where close to the kind of player he will later become and his stay here was too brief. Rooney and Giggs go enter that conversation before Ororo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:51am On Jun 23, 2018
codedguy1:

It was a pen. If it was our player that was brought down like that, VaR for get your support.

We want a fair game and that was a pen all day.
You dey right
I was not being rational I just want to take the W.

I don tire to dey play Argentina for this life.
Make FIFA find something do about us pairing together in the same group all the time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:52am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

I said it! and the dude will come cheap too.
Only as a back up not guarantee starter.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:56am On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:

If the question was framed like :greatest player ever to play for united ? Ronaldo na the likely answer.

Cr7 no fit be our greatest ever player. His peak at Utd was no where close to the kind of player he will later become and his stay here was too brief. Rooney and Giggs go enter that conversation before Ororo.

I disagree! The fact that he won the world footballer of the year as a United player puts him ahead of both players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:15am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

I disagree! The fact that he won the world footballer of the year as a United player puts him ahead of both players.
I no fit look am like that let me ask you this question ?
Owen win ballon d'or while playing for Liverpool would you say he served Liverpool better than Gerrard ?

John Terry score that penalty for Moscow and Ronaldo best season here wouldn't have been different from wetin Rooney do for that season we Jam Barça for final.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:28am On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:

Owen win ballon d'or while playing for Liverpool would you say he served Liverpool better than Gerrard ?

John Terry score that penalty for Moscow and Ronaldo best season here wouldn't have been different from wetin Rooney do for that season we Jam Barça for final.

Honestly, it's a matter of opinion or perspective. I have come across Liverpool fans who rate Owen ahead of Gerrard and it's quite understandable. Gerrard never achieved what Owen did as a Liverpool player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 1:30am On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:

Honestly, it's a matter of opinion or perspective. I have come across Liverpool fans who rate Owen ahead of Gerrard and it's quite understandable. Gerrard never achieved what Owen did as a Liverpool player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:26am On Jun 23, 2018
There is no perspective in this issue, people should educate themselves. George Best and Bobby Charlton were greater players than Ronaldo for United and it is not even close. Whatever Ronaldo did later in his career does not count in his United resume.

Bobby Charlton won the champions league/european cup, scored 2 goals in the final, was in 3 consecutive Ballon d'Or podiums, won the Ballon d'Or, was world class for almost TEN YEARS at United and you think Ronaldo's 3 years is near him. 199 league goals from midfield including 8 double digit seasons.

George Best also won the Ballon d'Or, was on 2 podiums, scored in the champs/european cup final and had about 6 world class years scoring double league figures and countless assists. 137 league goals including 7 double digit seasons.

Denis Law won the Ballon d'Or, 3rd top scorer in United history, won the European cup, champs league, about 7 world class seasons.

They all played longer for United, were great for United for more years, and scored more goals for United than Lord Ororo.

Overall Ronaldo is obviously the better player but for United those 3 were greater.

Raul is a greater Madrid player than Zidane and Ronaldo de Lima though we know Zidane and Ronaldo were better players overall.

Del Piero is a greater Juventus player than Zidane.

Xavi and Eto'o are greater Barca players than Maradona.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

Lol they are not serious to compare Owen's contributions to Gerrard's. That Balon D"or Owen won was a scam

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:10am On Jun 23, 2018
Bobby over everyone else in United History. Best, Law, Giggs for me in that order.
It seems some people don't know how long it took Ororo to score in UCL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2018
SIRcumalot:

You dey right
I was not being rational I just want to take the W.

I don tire to dey play Argentina for this life.
Make FIFA find something do about us pairing together in the same group all the time.

I no blame you jare especially after that disgraceful first half.

I even wished the ref blew the end of the match immediately after the 2nd goal make the boys no go concede own goals wey go be best goals of the tournament grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:28am On Jun 23, 2018
afrodoc2:
There is no perspective in this issue, people should educate themselves. George Best and Bobby Charlton were greater players than Ronaldo for United and it is not even close. Whatever Ronaldo did later in his career does not count in his United resume.

Bobby Charlton won the champions league/european cup, scored 2 goals in the final, was in 3 consecutive Ballon d'Or podiums, won the Ballon d'Or, was world class for almost TEN YEARS at United and you think Ronaldo's 3 years is near him. 199 league goals from midfield including 8 double digit seasons.

George Best also won the Ballon d'Or, was on 2 podiums, scored in the champs/european cup final and had about 6 world class years scoring double league figures and countless assists. 137 league goals including 7 double digit seasons.

Denis Law won the Ballon d'Or, 3rd top scorer in United history, won the European cup, champs league, about 7 world class seasons.

They all played longer for United, were great for United for more years, and scored more goals for United than Lord Ororo.

Overall Ronaldo is obviously the better player but for United those 3 were greater.

Raul is a greater Madrid player than Zidane and Ronaldo de Lima though we know Zidane and Ronaldo were better players overall.

Del Piero is a greater Juventus player than Zidane.

Xavi and Eto'o are greater Barca players than Maradona.

The comparison is between Giggs, Rooney and Ronaldo. Stay on course bro.
Of course Law,Best and Charlton are considered greater legends than Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wman(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2018
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:02am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

even giggs pass am
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

You are the one who is off course. Go back a few pages to the origin of the debate, it was an assertion that Ronaldo was the greatest United player ever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:25am On Jun 23, 2018
slimghost:

No, it is not. Any Liverpool fan that rates Owen ahead of Gerrard in "Liverpool greatest player" category needs a lobotomy ASAP.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5661) (5662) (5663) (5664) (5665) (5666) (5667) ... (14150) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), ennyjay72(m), Ijustwantto, AdisaOwala, dcrested(m), zeusis(m), humblesteve(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.