Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,125 members, 7,856,502 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8851804 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8202) (8203) (8204) (8205) (8206) (8207) (8208) ... (14211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2020
Ravioli:
Baba I am not carried away with the media frenzy. We are most definitely signing Sancho. Huge deals like this takes time cos of the clause and all, image right inclusive. (Bookmark this)

As per Man Utd signing only Sancho, that's a big No. Ole confirmed we gettn max 2-3 players this window. Then we'll continue by Jan or Summer.

I wouldnt be surprised it the club only signs Sancho this summer. The whole football world is taking a big hit financially with no fans in the stadiums in particular. its not realistic to expect the same spending power.

I personally think we need more as well but it we only got Sancho and DVB for example. I wouldnt be upset with that. Although we do need another CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2020
patrickmuf:
It will be difficult for Madrid to buy TAA or Trent or even Salah and Mane...If they were Portuguese, Spanish, Brazilians or thereabout, I'd say it's possible...

On the footballing side, Liverpool and City are best placed to challenge in Europe over the next 4 - 5yrs compared to Madrid or Barcelona. Also, most of those players will be looking at Coutinho and Hazard and how they have struggled in Barca and Madrid respectively thus will think twice before angling for a move...

On transfers like Doc pointed out, Ole needs to insist it's Sancho or nothing...It's not now that Ed will want to form a smart negotiator, he should stomp the cash and let's have Sancho for the preseason...
They've won the league and the champions league, they may want to have a go for one more season and seek excitement elsewhere. The likes of Madrid, Barca, Juve still have that appeal, especially if they are ready to drop the cash. I won't rule out a transfer if these teams are interested. They can also look at the likes of Modric, Ronaldo that went there and won individual awards.

Sancho or nothing is a dangerous game o. Nothing shouldn't be an option lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Inter Milan are looking to match Manchester United's asking price of €25m for Chris Smalling. Antonio Conte values Smalling’s experience and desire to be successful

- Sport Witness
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Antonio Conte will cement his mufc Legendry status if he pulls off Smalldini signature.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2020
Ravioli:
Antonio Conte will cement his mufc Legendry status if he pulls off Smalldini signature.
Smalling was good for us
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:53am On Aug 10, 2020
we better keep Smalling as an option. we somehow still have Jones, Axel and Bailly and being available for selection is not their strongest point.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2020
So Jones is in this present United team but Smalling isn't? This life no balance at all.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
I think I'm the only person who believe Smalling is better than Lindelof...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
eph12:

Smalling was good for us
Come again....

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
Expert17:

Individual defending Smalling might even be better than Maguire. But he has many buts.

1) He can't organize the defence and is not as intelligent as Maguire.

2) In this our new era of playing out from the back it would be suicidal to get Smalling or any other CB with his footballing ability.

3) In this era of VAR Smalling might be a huge, huge liability at set pieces. If not for quality material the guy would have torn the jerseys of at least 1 player per match.

His greatest assets are physical. He is tall and very good in the air. For a big CB he is quick. And he is usually fit..
However i would rather have a tooth pulled out without local anesthesia than watch him try to pass the ball out of defence again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
Expert17:
I dey here nau, how can you be the only one..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Individual defending Smalling might even be better than Maguire. But he has many buts.

1) He can't organize the defence and is not as intelligent as Maguire.

2) In this our new era of playing out from the back it would be suicidal to get Smalling or any other CB with his footballing ability.

3) In this era of VAR Smalling might be a huge, huge liability at set pieces. If not for quality material the guy would have torn the jerseys of at least 1 player per match.

His greatest assets are physical. He is tall and very good in the air. For a big CB he is quick. And he is usually fit..
However i would rather have a tooth pulled out without local anesthesia than watch him try to pass the ball out of defence again.
Lindelof Doc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
ChristineC:
we better keep Smalling as an option. we somehow still have Jones, Axel and Bailly and being available for selection is not their strongest point.
I second this but dude is too good to be a back-up option right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hmmm
Same Smalling lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Shebi today be the deadline Dortmund gave Ed and Co concerning Sancho deal, the guy has even gone on pre-season with the team. Let's see what happens though, those guys can play hard ball well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
handelex:
Lindelof Doc.

As a defender Smalling in my opinion is better than Lindelof, but there are other aspects to playing in a team like ours. When we have the ball Smalling is useless.

My problem with Smalling has always been his complete and utter uselessness when we have the ball. Killing moves even before they start.

I don't rate Lindelof anyway so it is very easy for me to say this.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:
Hmmm
Same Smalling lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If we were a relegation fighting team playing defensive in order to survive in the league Maguire and Smalling would be our best combination.

Smalling's problem is not that he can't defend but that he can't play football.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

If we were a relegation fighting team playing defensive in order to survive in the league Maguire and Smalling would be our best combination.

Fir the last 20 years, After Vidic, no other United defender has a better goal threat than Smalling. I can count from the top of my head, important goals he has scored. I dont know why I like defenders who occasionally scores, smalling is one of them. Other Egs include Vidic, Terry, Hummels, Ramos, Pique, VVD, Luiz.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

As a defender Smalling in my opinion is better than Lindelof, but there are other aspects to playing in a team like ours. When we have the ball Smalling is useless.

My problem with Smalling has always been his complete and utter uselessness when we have the ball. Killing moves even before they start.

Lindelof doesn't look solid to me.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

As a defender Smalling in my opinion is better than Lindelof, but there are other aspects to playing in a team like ours. When we hhave the ball Smalling is useless.

All those free headers Maguire was missing throughout the season, Smalling would have scored some.......

Apart from bn calm on the ball, Lindelof no follow for me...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
CapitalCee:

Fir the last 20 years, After Vidic, no other United defender has a better goal threat than Smalling. I can count from the top of my head, important goals he has scored. I dont know why I like defenders who occasionally scores, smalling is one of them. Other Egs include Vidic, Terry, Hummels, Ramos, Pique, VVD, Luiz.

The painful part is Smalling would leave BEFORE Jones and Rojo.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Expert17:

All those free headers Maguire was missing throughout the season, Smalling would have scored some.......

Thank you that's what I was saying. Smalling comes with a goal threat. The guy has scored 3 goals against city that I can remember. The most important goals are usually scored by defenders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
-Man City recently completed 2 deals, still hoping to get 2-3 more.
-Chelsea got 2 signings already....
-Liverpool about to confirm like 2 signings.
-Spurs to sign Hojbjerg today/tomorrow
-Arsenal to sign atleast Willian this week

Woodward is still roaming about, and we need 3-4 signings to compete for the league title
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
I agree with most about Smalling, I had also forgotten how good a defender he can be which I imagine is why Serie A suits him. However, I reminded myself by watching a few Roma games during the Serie A restart and my goodness, Smalling on the ball looks like someone hopping on one leg while using crutches trying to play football. He looks so frightened on the ball it definitely wasnt that bad at united. I dont know why he has regressed when on the ball but he was awful. He can barely pass the ball forward. He would definitely do well at a lower team outside the top 6.

I think we should close the Smalling at united chapter personally. I like him but he's 30 now and yes he can still defend well but I prefer what we get from Lindelof and Maguire than him. They might not be enough for us to win the title but Smalling isnt improving what we have there.

Jones needs to go though. That's not even funny anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Expert17:

Every time i saw Smalling turning like the King in Village Headmaster in order to pass a yeye pass behind the RB i developed a migraine.

If we play Smalling next to AWB that our right side attack would be even worse than it ever was.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Every time i saw Smalling turning like the King in Village Headmaster in order to pass a yeye pass behind the RB i developed a migraine.

If we play Smalling next to AWB that our right side attack would be be even worse than it ever was.

@bolded....with Daniel James playing RW grin grin cheesy

Kuku kill me

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
grin

@Afrodoc..... What I am doing is called "Balance". Ain't a type that misses Emotion with Reality. if I read a particular Information that perhaps against the general Interest of co Fans, I wouldn't hesitate to share it, as far as it's valid.

Elated I was like the rest Fans, few Days ago about the imminent Arrival of Sancho at United. Was following the Stories Day and Night till I observe it's unlikely to happen soon, like so many have projected.

Secondly I flashback to one of OGS's Pressers, where he clearly hinted that; McTom is a Heir to Matić's Position. He seems convinced that Fred is good enough as a backup for either Pogba or Bruno as well.

More so, with the success of Academy's Products so far, as well as the DNA Ish he won't cease to talk about during Pressers, I envisage Laird, Garner and Mengi to be part and parcel of first Team next Season.

Likely Addition to the Squad is Sancho like I said in my previous Post. If however Dortmund keeps playing hardball, Ed would likely look away.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Only good when it comes to scoring through set pieces
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2020
Oasis007:
grin

@Afrodoc..... What I am doing is called "Balance". Ain't a type that misses Emotion with Reality. if I read a particular Information that perhaps against the general Interest of co Fans, I wouldn't hesitate to share it, as far as it's valid.

Elated I was like the rest Fans, few Days ago about the imminent Arrival of Sancho at United. Was following the Stories Day and Night till I observe it's unlikely to happen soon, like so many have projected.

Secondly I flashback to one of OGS's Pressers, where he clearly hinted that; McTom is a Heir to Matić's Position. He seems convinced that Fred is good enough as a backup for either Pogba or Bruno as well.

More so, with the success of Academy's Products so far, as well as the DNA Ish he won't cease to talk about during Pressers, I envisage Laird, Garner and Mengi to be part and parcel of first Team next Season.

Likely Addition to the Squad is Sancho like I said in my previous Post. If however Dortmund keeps playing hardball, Ed would likely look away.

Yeah i get you. You make a good point. I believe Laird and Mengi will be ready to contribute (if fit) by next season, however Garner IMO is still 1 or 2 years off from being physically ready.

Levitt doesn't seem to be rated by the decision makers although i hear he is going on loan next season. Hopefully he goes to a club that will enable him develop and showcase his ability.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Only good when it comes to scoring through set pieces

He is a better individual defender than Lindelof who struggles with both pace and aerial balls.Once he wins the ball though he becomes as useless as a waterproof teabag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

Yeah i get you. You make a good point. I believe Laird and Mengi will be ready to contribute (if fit) by next season, however Garner IMO is still 1 or 2 years off from being physically ready.

Levitt doesn't seem to be rated by the decision makers although i hear he is going on loan next season. Hopefully he goes to a club that will enable him develop and showcase his ability.

Are you following Galbraith's Progress Doc? Is he solid enough for first Team's Opportunities as a CDM?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
afrodoc2:

He is a better individual defender than Lindelof who struggles with both pace and aerial balls.Once he wins the ball though he becomes as useless as a waterproof teabag.

Funnily I do not have Confidence in Lindelöf till now. I would rather hope either Bailly or Tuanzebe is fit to partner Maguire at the back.

Personally, I rate Tuanzebe over all CBs in the Rank presently except Maguire

(1) (2) (3) ... (8202) (8203) (8204) (8205) (8206) (8207) (8208) ... (14211) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.