Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8770623 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8199) (8200) (8201) (8202) (8203) (8204) (8205) ... (14171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Superior? Possible

But the goals were results of individual mistakes. Things that you definitely don’t expect from a pro player at a club like Madrid.

It’s weird seeing them try so hard to play out from the back though.

Was this a tactical blunder especially as you'd know that pep likes to press really hard? Wasn't it the pressing that led to the mistakes? Goals would come one way or the other,not like city didn't create other clear cut chances

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Superior? Possible

But the goals were results of individual mistakes. Things that you definitely don’t expect from a pro player at a club like Madrid.

It’s weird seeing them try so hard to play out from the back though.

Pep’s team were better tactically too. They created numerous goal scoring chances and had 8 shots on target (15 shots in total) . Sterling alone wasted like 4 chances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

Are we really going to have this debate? You think pep playing Jesus from the left was just random? Its no surprise that both goals came from pressing the right side of defense from Jesus..did you see how many chances sterling lost? How about Bernardo own also who should have passed to kdb..Madrid had no game plan to actually penetrate city,pep outclassed zizou totally..very expected sha

Exactly.

Zizzou didn’t get this one right. Should’ve soaked the pressure and hit them on the counter. That’s how City lost most of their matches this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Leyqute:

Exactly.

Zizzou didn’t get this one right. Should’ve soaked the pressure and hit them on the counter. That’s how City lost most of their matches this season.

Yeah..that's one aspect,but I really didn't see Madrid going through,they don't have the personnel to match this city..their key figures in their UCL triumph are getting weak..that's modric,kroos..Ronaldo isn't there again..no more bale..though Mendy looks balanced defensively, he's actually clueless going forward..this was a battle zidane was never going to win..seems its a Bayern/city season

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
Leyqute:

Pep’s team were better tactically too. They created numerous goal scoring chances and had 8 shots on target (15 shots in total) . Sterling alone wasted like 4 chances.

Exactly,so I don't buy that excuse that its just because of defensive errors,city were clearly better..sterling finishing needs to be improved if city aims to lift the trophy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

Yeah..that's one aspect,but I really didn't see Madrid going through,they don't have the personnel to match this city..their key figures in their UCL triumph are getting weak..that's modric,kroos..Ronaldo isn't there again..no more bale..though Mendy looks balanced defensively, he's actually clueless going forward..this was a battle zidane was never going to win..seems its a Bayern/city season

Agreed. The only Madridsta who came to the pitch with his boots was Benzema. The others simply disappeared. Zizzou doesn’t have the personnel to stand a good chance of progressing through.

Although City outed Madrid, I still don’t see them as special. They aren’t that strong mentally from what they played today. They failed to take their chances and when Madrid scored they were a bit shaky.

If they meet a good team that will go toe-to-toe with them, it’s likely they’ll be eliminated.

Still Bayern alone for me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

Was this a tactical blunder especially as you'd know that pep likes to press really hard? Wasn't it the pressing that led to the mistakes? Goals would come one way or the other,not like city didn't create other clear cut chances

True that.

Just that Varane himself couldn’t maintain his composure throughout the match.

Similar individual performance to Lindelof’s game against Huddersfield some years back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

Exactly,so I don't buy that excuse that its just because of defensive errors,city were clearly better..sterling finishing needs to be improved if city aims to lift the trophy

I don’t think Sterling can be that player he once was. His decisions making and finishing are very suspect nowadays. Although he occasionally performs exceedingly well (usually against weaker opponents), on the average his overall play has dropped.

It’s akin to Dele Alli having that one exceptional season with Tottenham.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ronaldo & Madrid out in one night.

Match made in heaven.

Juve better get rid of Sarri if they want progress in Europe. The man’s tactics is Ronaldo, Dybala & Inshallah

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2020
Leyqute:

I don’t think Sterling can be that player he once was. His decisions making and finishing are very suspect nowadays. Although he occasionally performs exceedingly well (usually against weaker opponents), on the average his overall play has dropped.

It’s akin to Dele Alli having that one exceptional season with Tottenham.

And the rumor mill about United wanting to sign him went into overdrive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
Leyqute:

See the Varane they were quoting 100m for. Imagine say we don buy am 2 years ago. EPL strikers go don force many errors leading to goals from him.
It's just exhausting how prices go up when United wants to buy a player.
Seems like we dodged one tho coz if this is how Varane defends under pressure, then i wouldn't want to see a Varane & Smalling/Jones defence

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

Are we really going to have this debate? You think pep playing Jesus from the left was just random? Its no surprise that both goals came from pressing the right side of defense from Jesus..did you see how many chances sterling lost? How about Bernardo own also who should have passed to kdb..Madrid had no game plan to actually penetrate city,pep outclassed zizou totally..very expected sha
City was always going to dominate this match, that was expected. City were better throughout the match, and Pep was probably tactically superior. However, at the end of the day, what decided the match wasn't those things but the very avoidable errors Varane made. Maybe Varane was targeted, we will never know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2020
GloryIsaac:

And the rumor mill about United wanting to sign him went into overdrive.

What did you expect? Those ones will print anything to sell papers na.

Buying one-season wonders is a dangerous thing. Even H. M. Son sef, I don’t rate him as highly as most people do. Getting to the top of your game is way easier than maintaining that top performance.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
Lana1:
It's just exhausting how prices go up when United wants to buy a player.
Seems like we dodged one tho coz if this is how Varane defends under pressure, then i wouldn't want to see a Varane & Smalling/Jones defence

LooL. Playing that combination will be like starting a match without clean sheet.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
eph12:

City was always going to dominate this match, that was expected. City were better throughout the match, and Pep was probably tactically superior. However, at the end of the day, what decided the match wasn't those things but the very avoidable errors Varane made[b]. Maybe Varane was targeted, we will never know[/b]

That's true tho..really liked the high press of city..if there's one thing that's certain,slow midfield is fading out..midfielder need to be mobile..that's why I feel we would suffer with a pogba matic combo against tactically mobile midfielders

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
dubylhover:

That's true tho..really liked the high press of city..if there's one thing that's certain,slow midfield is fading out..midfielder need to be mobile..that's why I feel we would suffer with a pogba matic combo against tactically mobile midfielders
I don't even want to think about the lamentations we will face next season with that midfield combo. Our attack have to just be taking their chances if not na die

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by segunzik(m): 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Ronaldo & Madrid out in one night.

Match made in heaven.

Juve better get rid of Sarri if they want progress in Europe. The man’s tactics is Ronaldo, Dybala & Inshallah

The man issa fool. I see juve sacking him this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
eph12:

I don't even want to think about the lamentations we will face next season with that midfield combo. Our attack have to just be taking their chances if not na die

grin grin no cap bro..we need to bury chances next season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Leyqute:

Buying one-season wonders is a dangerous thing. Even H. M. Son sef, I don’t rate him as highly as most people do. Getting to the top of your game is way easier than maintaining that top performance.

I rate Sonaldo high o grin His style of play is very similar to Cristiano’s own.

But it’s true though, no one is talking about Maddison, Dele Alli, Belotti & co again.. despite the initial pressure to sign them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
segunzik:

The man issa fool. I see juve sacking him this season.

Anyone who has watched Juve’s matches this season will realize how divided they are. There’s really no tactics in view.

It’s all Ronaldo, Dybala & Inshallah.

Douglas Costa too will come in and be playing his own style. Sarri go dey bench dey puff grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2020
BikeMan:
Awwww! Sucks when you hype your coach so much and nobody rates him, spent over 200m and still finished on the same points with a transfer-banned coach, ouch!
Ole is probably the least hyped man here, but as vegetables no dey pay attention, i no fit blame you.

Run along boy. I've given you the attention you craved for. Come back next year.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Klopp aside, rest Nominees have something in common..... FAILURE!

Those Managers were ahead of OGS for certain period in the League, guess you know what?

They end up licking his Ass.... LMAO!
Spending 200 million to celebrate third and you think English FA are myopic
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Geestunnar(m): 9:45am On Aug 08, 2020
Mo ya look away. No time for Oshi...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2020
hensben:

undecided

Inept-Ben.

Only God knows what you're trying to say. Coz I understand nothing in your Post but Jargons.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2020
hensben:
The only myopic one here is you.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2020
Leyqute:

Son has maintained his level for the past 4 seasons in England.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:20am On Aug 08, 2020
Leyqute:

Someone here said he’s on the same level with Messi n Ronaldo apart from the goals. grin

Na that talk even burst my brain like Young Jon gbedu.

Hazard is not comparable to Neymar in any way.

They don't play the same.

They don't score the same.

They don't assist the same.

Ring up Hazard's girl and she will confirm they don't even feck the same!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
grin

Race for United Golden Boot this Season is very well challenging and entertaining for both Martial and Rashford.

Both should watch their backs next Season, Coz Greenwood is here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
A week gone, no announcement, no link to other quality players.

It’s well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
Botfuss:

It’s well.

The money that Ed paid to those blogs for transfer PR has expired, he's yet to renew it for this month grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
grin

Las las..... Ed na Hushpuppi!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Botfuss:

It’s well.
Looks like you just knew Woodward of recent

Wait till Deadline day

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8199) (8200) (8201) (8202) (8203) (8204) (8205) ... (14171) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Prectega(m), iheanyi40(m), TrebleChamp(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.