Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8731644 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (14148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:02am On Aug 22, 2014
More like dopejemi is saying he needs a job or the capital to start a small business, although he doesn't knw what business.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2014
chrisley024: Ooh! Let's see if you're smarter than the bank? grin

I don Bleep up already, already said I won't pay back grin cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2014
elampiro: More like dopejemi is saying he needs a job or the capital to start a small business, although he doesn't knw what business.

If I have the money I swear I'll know the business to start
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2014
May be if the workers here help by 'donating' 20k, 10k, 5k, we might just be helping a friend to start a business. But I honestly don't know what business can be started with a 100k or 200k. May be a car wash or salon or a view centre.

Just suggesting for now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:32am On Aug 22, 2014
elampiro: May be if the workers here help by 'donating' 20k, 10k, 5k, we might just be helping a friend to start a business. But I honestly don't know what business can be started with a 100k or 200k. May be a car wash or salon or a view centre.

Just suggesting for now.

Yes yes, you are right, your head is there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2014
elampiro:

Pls try and move past Moyes. I also sided with him and I still think he was a victim of circumstance. If you put he preseason under him vs Gaal's you will still see a clear difference.

As for bringing unestablashed players, you can use that approach to a solid team and get away. Not to a team that finished 7th on the table.

chrisley024: Naah. Moyes was after Fabregas, Bale and Ronaldo and peeps were blaming Woodhead.

We don't need trial and error players now. We have enough of them including youth.

It's very clear we need experience.

UTD is a BIG TEAM no doubt - but it wasn't buying BIG PLAYERS every other transfer window that made UTD big - it was making BIG TEAMS from largely AVERAGE players that made UTD big. At best, a couple of big-name players (stars if you like) mixed with a handful of honest, hard-working 'commoners' that was UTD.
Chadwick, Saha, Johnsen, Oshea, Silvestre, Brown, Fortune, Djemba-Djemba, Butt - c'mon these folks played for UTD and won stuff - hardly the very best in the world if you ask me!

This was probably the singular, most influential factor in the selection of Moyes. But from the off, we were never going to have it "The Moyes Way". All the talk was about "Moyes' small club mentality", "UTD is a BIG-TEAM" and "Baines, Mirallas, Coleman, Pienaar etc is not UTD standard" rants... and so on!
He went after those guys as a result of the associated pressure; from fans and media alike. I hardly think he'd have gone for a Fab or Kroos - when there are cheap, decent options littered everywhere from Sarajevo to Mogadishu!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2014
chrisley024: Why wouldn't they?

They know they have the power to get a manager sacked... a couple of bad results, that's usually all it takes!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:48am On Aug 22, 2014
MrTA:

He certainly unearthed the £27m unknown belgian and the £37m unknown Spaniard for us.

You (the fans) forced his hand into making "big money" signings!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

I agree with you - if we are going to buy anybody at all, it should be relatively cheap, < 15m and defence minded .

In this day and age, where are you going to get that from?!

In this overbloated and inflated transfer market...... Think again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2014
PietroRico: just a few weeks ago, they seemed to be asking for close £70m.

Then psg and united were reportedly interested and he had just had a great WC.

Psg has pulled out now.
He has refused a new contract and seems to have put in a transfer request.

If they don't agree for a deadline day £35m bid, they whoever rejected that is insane

Errrrrmmm... A great world cup, i disagree with that.

Di Maria didnt have a great world cup AT all unless you are using GREAT in another context.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2014
C'mon, we are stuck with many below average players. They fill the whole of our defence and midfield.

The worst is that most of them play at most 20 league games per season. Bunch of parasites.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

In this day and age, where are you going to get that from?!

In this overbloated and inflated transfer market...... Think again!

Spurs close to getting Fazio from * Sevilla... 10m - solid, no-nonsense defender with European experience.
Moreno to Liverpool, how much? 12m.
Revisit to the Euro super-copa final and watch the Sevilla #4 - Polish dude, Krychowiak - that was his first ever game, only been with the team about a week or so, 4.5m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEpWZSSEOc

*note: next to UTD, Sevilla is the only other side I really follow!

Dude... they are out there. We seriously need Monchi (google him)!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

Spurs close to getting Fazio from * Sevilla... 10m - solid, no-nonsense defender with European experience.
Moreno to Liverpool, how much? 12m.
Revisit to the Euro super-copa final and watch the Sevilla #4 - Polish dude, Krychowiak - that was his first ever game, only been with the team about a week or so, 4.5m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEpWZSSEOc

*note: next to UTD, Sevilla is the only other side I really follow!

Dude... they are out there. We seriously need Monchi (google him)!

Only a few.... Those players you listed will most likely be a gamble......... higher risk if it goes pear shaped

But i have to agree with you, there are a fair few.

It will be akin to what you guys did with Buttner..... Where is he today?

We tried the same with Monreal a few years ago, he has struggled to nail down a position in the team........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

You (the fans) forced his hand into making "big money" signings!

Thats' false. We wanted big money signings but no fan said spend £27m on Fellaini. Every fan i know thought that was ridiculously overpriced so i dont know eher you got that from. And i guess it proves even more that he wasnt the man for the job when he started bowing to fan pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

UTD is a BIG TEAM no doubt - but it wasn't buying BIG PLAYERS every other transfer window that made UTD big - it was making BIG TEAMS from largely AVERAGE players that made UTD big. At best, a couple of big-name players (stars if you like) mixed with a handful of honest, hard-working 'commoners' that was UTD.
Chadwick, Saha, Johnsen, Oshea, Silvestre, Brown, Fortune, Djemba-Djemba, Butt - c'mon these folks played for UTD and won stuff - hardly the very best in the world if you ask me!

This was probably the singular, most influential factor in the selection of Moyes. But from the off, we were never going to have it "The Moyes Way". All the talk was about "Moyes' small club mentality", "UTD is a BIG-TEAM" and "Baines, Mirallas, Coleman, Pienaar etc is not UTD standard" rants... and so on!
He went after those guys as a result of the associated pressure; from fans and media alike. I hardly think he'd have gone for a Fab or Kroos - when there are cheap, decent options littered everywhere from Sarajevo to Mogadishu!

Pls we need quality players if we are to keep pace with City, Chelsea, ....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hope the rumours about Welbeck are false. Would prefer Hernandez to be sold and Wilson promoted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Next week will be rough.

El Mercurio are saying that United's offer of £32m + Hernández wasn't 'satisfying' enough for Juventus. It also says that Vidal has a verbal agreement with United, but LvG has slowed the transfer down because of his knee.

Most importantly it says that this weekend is crucial if it the transfer is to happen, as LvG will inspect Vidal's fitness when Juventus play Verona on saturday.

[Source: El Mercurio]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
MrTA: Hope the rumours about Welbeck are false. Would prefer Hernandez to be sold and Wilson promoted.
VP will always come before him in the pecking order, so he can leave if he wants as long as we get Di maria while Wilson is promoted.

Chicha for when you need goal in the last 5-15mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Only a few.... Those players you listed will most likely be a gamble......... higher risk if it goes pear shaped

But i have to agree with you, there are a fair few.

It will be akin to what you guys did with Buttner..... Where is he today?

We tried the same with Monreal a few years ago, he has struggled to nail down a position in the team........

There is risk in everything - even the so-called "big money" buys may not cut it. I am suggesting UTD go for the relatively experienced players at a bargain price; they are out there if only clubs would be patient. I didn't even know who David Alaba was a few years ago... Arturo Vidal, Gundogan, Stroot-what!!?

Me, I am all for making our own "big names" as against buying every tom, d!ck and harry that comes with a big ego and price tag attached. The UTD I know didn't do too much of that in her hey-day. I don't even think buying "big" will not sort this present UTD out... I believe starting "small or moderate" and getting that consistency of old back is the key!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
MrTA:

Thats' false. We wanted big money signings but no fan said spend £27m on Fellaini. Every fan i know thought that was ridiculously overpriced so i dont know eher you got that from. And i guess it proves even more that he wasnt the man for the job when he started bowing to fan pressure.

Pre-season aside, from all that is happening now, I can just as easily conclude that LVG isn't the man for the job!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

There is risk in everything - even the so-called "big money" buys may not cut it. I am suggesting UTD go for the relatively experienced players at a bargain price; they are out there if only clubs would be patient. I didn't even know who David Alaba was a few years ago... Arturo Vidal, Gundogan, Stroot-what!!?

Me, I am all for making our own "big names" as against buying every tom, d!ck and harry that comes with a big ego and price tag attached. The UTD I know didn't do too much of that in her hey-day. I don't even think buying "big" will not sort this present UTD out... I believe starting "small or moderate" and getting that consistency of old back is the key!

Brov, you need a right blend though.. A balance

Patience, i am glad you mentioned that... But a team like MUFC, expectations are very high, fans and every other stakeholders want it NOW.... Promote within, bed them in nicely, buy quality and mix it up with a few up and coming lads.

I dont think you need players who wont hit the ground running as things stand.... you need bodies, most of which should be players who will get it going and suit the system.

It doesnt have to be a splurge.

I do agree with your first paragraph, there is an element of risk in everything but the risks varies depending on what category you toy with.

I am feeling a lotta of the things Paul Scholes is saying right now BTW.........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Siddon look mode continues........
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
RuuDie:

Pre-season aside, from all that is happening now, I can just as easily conclude that LVG isn't the man for the job!

I dont think anyone can guarantee lvg is the man for the job. Only time can and will tell that. Moyes' season told us that. Let us see what LvG's season tells us abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Are you guys beginning to lose confidence in LvG? This is sounding funny. After all the praises he got since the time rumours linked him to Man United.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
MrTA:

I dont think anyone can guarantee lvg is the man for the job. Only time can and will tell that. Moyes' season told us that. Let us see what LvG's season tells us abi?

LVG is the man for the job but he's being hampered by woodward again. a manager can only identify targets and present it to his boss, if woodward doesn't have the money to get that target, a manager's hand is tied. van gaal will not use his salary to buy players.

why moyes got more criticised is the fact that he had a whole summer window to himself & he failed to land the targets he pursued to the end of the earth. in the end, he settled for marouane - who isn't necessarily a bad player but moyes didn't play him in the position fellaini became a superstar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
Saw this on fb fans section.

Brilliant just brilliant! Rojo can't play on Sunday as his work permit isnt cleared and Herrera is injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
'I haven't talked to him yet. He lost the first game so I'm giving him some time and I'll wait to see if he does any better on Sunday. But if he doesn't I'll probably need to give him a call.'

Usain Bolt on Gaal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 4:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
So let me get this straight, mufc signed 3 players over summer - 2 are injured, the other doesn't have a work permit. Can't make it up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
3.32pm⁠Van Gaal starts by addressing the fans' response to last week's defeat. He tells reporters: "Two weeks ago I was the king of Manchester. Now I am the devil. I was not hired to be fired, but to build up a team, and that is a process that needs time."

3.34pm⁠Van Gaal turns his attention to new signings Marcos Rojo. He reveals that he was "enchanted" by the defender at the World Cup, while saying: "I think Marcos fits in the profile as a left central defender. Also a left wing-back."

3.37pm⁠Danny Welbeck is among those that have been linked with the exit at Old Trafford. However, the manager insists that the reports are just guesswork: "I know what I said to Danny Welbeck and he knows exactly what I said. I think the media is guessing. I can imagine the fans are scared. They saw last year and the first home match. They have to believe."

3.39pm⁠The Old Trafford boss is asked about calls by some fans for the club to bring in more players, to which he responds: "The fans can think like that but it's not easy trying to buy and sell in the football market."

3.43pm⁠Van Gaal turns hi attention back to speculation regarding players leaving the club. He reiterates: "I think the media is guessing, they were not in the room and I don't speak about that because that's private."

3.48pm⁠Once again, it's another brief but entertaining press conference from Van Gaal. The manager hasn't given any injury updates or squad news, so that will surely be still to come over the weekend. Man Utd were without nine players last weekend, but Van Gaal will be hoping to have at least some of those back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
I see no reason why Manutd wont beat Sunderland on sunday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Keky(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gus poyet and his boys will do the job.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Van Gaal delivers team news for Sunderland
Louis van Gaal has confirmed Manchester United
striker Robin van Persie is ready to return for the Reds
against Sunderland this weekend, but new signing
Marcos Rojo is one of a number of players unavailable.
Van Persie did not travel to the summer tour of the USA,
instead being given extra time off to recover after helping
the van Gaal's Netherlands finish third at the World Cup.
However, the boss has revealed he is back to full fitness
and in contention to play on Sunday.
"Robin is ready to play, so that is a big benefit for our
team," van Gaal said in his pre-match press conference.
"I'm very happy that he is now able to play."
Unfortunately new arrival Rojo has not yet received a work
permit, while Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini and Jesse
Lingard have all been ruled out through injury.
"Rojo is fit and ready to play but he doesn't have a work
permit so we have to wait," explained van Gaal. "Last week,
we had nine injuries and now we have seven. It's much too
much. I have had this as a manager for the first time. We
have to live with this. We have four injured midfielders –
Carrick, from the beginning, but now also Herrera, Fellaini
and Lingard. So these four are injured and we are thin on
midfielders now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (14148) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.