Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,442 members, 7,861,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8865150 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) (9170) (9171) (9172) ... (14215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2020
Mrviktor:

His job is to create. Not really scoring

Lol. Anything to defend their overhyped 120m player, they are all bullying us to buy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patwilly(m): 9:51am On Dec 19, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YdvlefuDRs

Think we can sell Pogba if this guy comes. He's a self confessed Man Utd fan which i think is a plus in itself. Watch his clips above. what you think?
cc: afrodoc2
`Nezzjnr
Oasis007 et al
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patwilly(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2020
“My dream is to arrive in Manchester United”
- Moises Caicedo
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

You guys should be thanking me and Expert17 etc for raising the decibel and crying that he is overatted.

Some even said he is the best U-21 player after Mbappe. What a fu.ckery?? 18 year old Gio Reyna is clearly head and shoulders better than Sancho, the guy is a baller, breaks down defence with dribbles, passes and deft touches.

The matches Sancho starts is because of his overhyped name and so that they can market him by all means and eke out reasonable money for him. How some of us didnt see this earlier on is baffling, somebody that Rashford and Sterling are comfortably benching in England. Some even blamed Southgate for tactics.
No wonder Dortmund wanted the money in full

When I watched him play for the Three lions.... I was still hoping for something spectacular
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2020
Mrviktor:

If u notice he wasn't comfortable with bouncing balls at all..

I just hope pogba doesn't start today..

Those leads boys dey attack with all 11 players..

We need protect our backline
The same players and formation used against City sure pass, with Martial for Mason
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:50am On Dec 19, 2020
Nezzjnr:

No wonder Dortmund wanted the money in full

When I watched him play for the Three lions.... I was still hoping for something spectacular

They dont want upfront or sell on clause. Same thing they did for Dembele. That in it self is a red flag.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2020
#OleOUT

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

You guys should be thanking me and Expert17 etc for raising the decibel and crying that he is overatted.

Some even said he is the best U-21 player after Mbappe. What a fu.ckery?? 18 year old Gio Reyna is clearly head and shoulders better than Sancho, the guy is a baller, breaks down defence with dribbles, passes and deft touches.

The matches Sancho starts is because of his overhyped name and so that they can market him by all means and eke out reasonable money for him. How some of us didnt see this earlier on is baffling, somebody that Rashford and Sterling are comfortably benching in England. Some even blamed Southgate for tactics.

I supported Woodward pulling out from the deal after Dortmund refused to budge from their ridiculous demands however we have to be fiar in our assessment.

Firstly, how 4 months of poor form totally invalidates 2yrs of great form is what i don't understand. So you mean this 4 months Sancho is the real Sancho and the one of the last 2 years, and the youth teams of Man City and England is the fake one?

Secondly although i rate Reyna highly he has 3 goals and 5 assists in the league and UCL while Sancho has 2 goals and 5 assists. You are making it sound like there is a huge gap between them in terms of output when it is actually close.

Also Sancho's overall whoscored ratings are still quite good in the league and in the UCL and are as good as those of Reyna and Gnabry.

Lastly, it is clear that the whole transfer debacle unsettled him and his mind is not at Dortmund again and he has downed tools even if it is subconsciously.

The fact that he wasn't worth that huge fee that Dortmund were demanding should not make us completely disregard the facts. He is not at his best but let's not make it like he is flopping.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2020
Afrodoc2, are you sure Sancho subconsciously downing tools is the valid explanation for his less-than-stellar start to the season or the fact that the ultra-attacking Achraf Hakimi was replaced by old man Meunier?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:50am On Dec 19, 2020
DeadPresidents:
Afrodoc2, are you sure Sancho subconsciously downing tools is the valid explanation for his less-than-stellar start to the season or the fact that the ultra-attacking Achraf Hakimi was replaced by old man Meunier?

Hakimi was not at the under-17 World Cup where he was the best player in the victorious team that had Foden, Hudson Ode e.t.c until he had to leave.

Hakimi was not there when Sancho was running through all the youth leagues in England. He did basically what Greenwood did a year later but from the wings ( mainly left wing though).

Hakimi helps but Hakimi didn’t make Sancho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziAlaye(m): 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
Like like play we for sign Sancho for 120m.... Lmao Woodward thank you oooo

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

No be small argument for here...I said it at that time that Dortmund will struggle to sell Sancho for anything close to what we offered.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
He knows better not to start pogba. They'll run rings around him. McFred loading. cheesy grin
Mrviktor:

If u notice he wasn't comfortable with bouncing balls at all..

I just hope pogba doesn't start today..

Those leads boys dey attack with all 11 players..

We need protect our backline

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Like like play we for sign Sancho for 120m.... Lmao Woodward thank you oooo

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
patrickmuf:
No be small argument for here...I said it at that time that Dortmund will struggle to sell Sancho for anything close to what we offered.

That was probably the first time i was supporting Woodward in any action. It seems he learnt a big lesson from the Maguire and AWB deals. No player is worth distorting our transfer plans for.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

Lol. Anything to defend their overhyped 120m player, they are all bullying us to buy

This year will reduce his market value to 80m at most
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mrviktor:

This year will reduce his market value to 80m at most

Nobody will buy him for 80m. If they will accept 50m we might go again but if money is tight we need to sort DM and CB before anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Watagwain
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

That was probably the first time i was supporting Woodward in any action. It seems he learnt a big lesson from the Maguire and AWB deals. No player is worth distorting our transfer plans for.
Couple with the added pressure that comes with the price tag and the fact it is Manchester United...The press will follow you to everywhere and report just about everything...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
grin

Two years ago today, Nani667 Mistake was made.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

I supported Woodward pulling out from the deal after Dortmund refused to budge from their ridiculous demands however we have to be fiar in our assessment.

Firstly, how 4 months of poor form totally invalidates 2yrs of great form is what i don't understand. So you mean this 4 months Sancho is the real Sancho and the one of the last 2 years, and the youth teams of Man City and England is the fake one?

Secondly although i rate Reyna highly he has 3 goals and 5 assists in the league and UCL while Sancho has 2 goals and 5 assists. You are making it sound like there is a huge gap between them in terms of output when it is actually close.

Also Sancho's overall whoscored ratings are still quite good in the league and in the UCL and are as good as those of Reyna and Gnabry.

Lastly, it is clear that the whole transfer debacle unsettled him and his mind is not at Dortmund again and he has downed tools even if it is subconsciously.

The fact that he wasn't worth that huge fee that Dortmund were demanding should not make us completely disregard the facts. He is not at his best but let's not make it like he is flopping.

But doc i am not saying that Sancho is a shi.t player, my point is he is overated. If he is coming for 60m, that will be a perfect deal as he will clearly improve our forward line. Our issue is the 120m price tag, and the fact that some are happing on Ed to just pay it up, that by next summer, clubs will be lining up with 150m+ for a transfer war, you were among the few proponent of signing sancho who actually understood our point then and pointed out that tge price tag was yoo high, some were even saying that its cheap for a " generational" talent. Imagine ordinary a transfer saga unsettled him, imagine how a 120m price tag (upfront) will do to his confidence is he have the Martialesque type of season start. He might not recover from it. Maguire is not as bad as people portray him to be but that £80m will continue to be his albatross unless he have a legendary career from now. Maguire to me is more psychologically stronger than Sancho, Sancho's confidence will definitely be in tatters added that he is now in Man Utd and English.

Secondly, There was no where I said his current form invalidates his previous form, even in the middle of his hot streak, i maintained that he is not as good as people think he is, I said same thing for Havertz of Chelsea, they thought i was trolling.
Sancho is a good player but not the 2nd best Young Forward after Mbappe, he is not better than Rashford, Reyna, Halaand, Felix, Greenwood and Fati.
His numbers are good but he drops very poor performances every now and then, most of his goals comes against poor oppositions and he requires his team to be on top to perform, he doesn't take games at the scruff of the neck single handedly like the names i mentioned above. I have watched him very closely both in Dortmund and England.
Personally I think Reyna is better than him, not basing it on stats alone, Reyna pose bigger problems to defenders and creates far more better chances than Sancho and he is younger. 2 of Sancho's goals were confidence boosting penalties.

Even the Rashford who was struggling with injuries for half of last season and fans were abusing last season was playing similar position with Sancho. Sancho got 20g-20A. Rashford got 22g-12A in the same number of matches. One was playing in an ultra attacking team. But we were meant to believe he is better than Rashford when even at their national team, Rashy was ahead of him.

Sancho is a good player no doubt, but fans should stop overhyping him, so that Ed will price him very well and get the right price not 120m that Dortmund are surely regretting now. I dont have anything against him, i will want him in our team, but we fans need to calm down with our hyping. Imagine if na we go buy Havertz for 100m.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
benji93:
He knows better not to start pogba. They'll run rings around him. McFred loading. cheesy grin
Probably the reason he rested Fred and Mctominay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

I believe the Maguire and AWB deals were out of desperation especially Maguire's, we really needed players for both positions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2020
patrickmuf:

Definitely, During Transfer window is the time to be very vigilant, fans just jump around any player the press throw out and begin to hype them. The best signings are the silent signibg that goes under the rader. Look at Jota at Liverpool, look at how Nuno goot Neto and Podence silently no noise, look at Bissouma at Brighton, look at Anguissa at Fulham.

Some people were saying that Madrid, Barca and PSG will bring 150m for him. Lol. That na jock of the century
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Lol. This is the same thing Chelsea fans are facing now. They have exhausted their excuse on the 2 German shepherds they bought in the summer. Hakimi and Guerrero were the attacking outlet of Dortmund, Muenier could'nt repeat that again, and teams have sussed them out. They now win match with the magic of Halaand and that young guy Reyna, with Reus. Except Dortmund is really dominating teams totally Sancho will be no where to be found. That's why he struggles in England

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

Lol. This is the same thing Chelsea fans are facing now. They have exhausted their excuse on the 2 German shepherds they bought in the summer. Hakimi and Guerrero were the attacking outlet of Dortmund, Muenier could'nt repeat that again, and teams have sussed them out. They now win match with the magic of Halaand and that young guy Reyna, with Reus. Except Dortmund is really dominating teams totally Sancho will be no where to be found. That's why he struggles in England

@Bolded, you're right. That is why Dortmund form got worse immediately Haland got injured.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
timay:

@Bolded, you're right. That is why Dortmund form got worse immediately Haland got injured.

Lol. E be like say wey never know that guy called Halaand, the guy na tank. If you give me that guy for 120-150m i will bite off your hand and run. The boy is a tank. Make Pep no lay his hand on that boy oo, if we cant get him, he should go to another league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

But doc i am not saying that Sancho is a shi.t player, my point is he is overated. If he is coming for 60m, that will be a perfect deal as he will clearly improve our forward line. Our issue is the 120m price tag, and the fact that some are happing on Ed to just pay it up, that by next summer, clubs will be lining up with 150m+ for a transfer war, you were among the few proponent of signing sancho who actually understood our point then and pointed out that tge price tag was yoo high, some were even saying that its cheap for a " generational" talent. Imagine ordinary a transfer saga unsettled him, imagine how a 120m price tag (upfront) will do to his confidence is he have the Martialesque type of season start. He might not recover from it. Maguire is not as bad as people portray him to be but that £80m will continue to be his albatross unless he have a legendary career from now. Maguire to me is more psychologically stronger than Sancho, Sancho's confidence will definitely be in tatters added that he is now in Man Utd and English.

Secondly, There was no where I said his current form invalidates his previous form, even in the middle of his hot streak, i maintained that he is not as good as people think he is, I said same thing for Havertz of Chelsea, they thought i was trolling.
Sancho is a good player but not the 2nd best Young Forward after Mbappe, he is not better than Rashford, Reyna, Halaand, Felix, Greenwood and Fati.
His numbers are good but he drops very poor performances every now and then, most of his goals comes against poor oppositions and he requires his team to be on top to perform, he doesn't take games at the scruff of the neck single handedly like the names i mentioned above. I have watched him very closely both in Dortmund and England.
Personally I think Reyna is better than him, not basing it on stats alone, Reyna pose bigger problems to defenders and creates far more better chances than Sancho and he is younger. 2 of Sancho's goals were confidence boosting penalties.

Even the Rashford who was struggling with injuries for half of last season and fans were abusing last season was playing similar position with Sancho. Sancho got 20g-20A. Rashford got 22g-12A in the same number of matches. One was playing in an ultra attacking team. But we were meant to believe he is better than Rashford when even at their national team, Rashy was ahead of him.

Sancho is a good player no doubt, but fans should stop overhyping him, so that Ed will price him very well and get the right price not 120m that Dortmund are surely regretting now. I dont have anything against him, i will want him in our team, but we fans need to calm down with our hyping. Imagine if na we go buy Havertz for 100m.

You have made good points however I think it is still too early to make a pronouncement on whether Reyna is better than Sancho.

He has a relatively average season so far. We will see if it’s just a brief loss in form or if he goes back to his productive best.

We should be focusing on CDM and CB in order to improve the squad in crucial areas. I personally think the Sancho deal is a thing of yday. We should move on and buy strategically.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
Salah no start. My FPL ooo, may Liverpool lose today for this foolish behaviour from Klopp
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
afrodoc2:

You have made good points however I think it is still too early to make a pronouncement on whether Reyna is better than Sancho.

He has a relatively average season so far. We will see if it’s just a brief loss in form or if he goes back to his productive best.

We should be focusing on CDM and CB in order to improve the squad in crucial areas. I personally think the Sancho deal is a thing of yday. We should move on and buy strategically.

Yes, Correct.

Although I think Ole still feels that Maguire and Lindelof are good enough. So we need to get a very combative CDM who is goodon the ball so that Pogba or any other CDM we have will be a constant and beuno fully as an AM, we still find Bruno droping deep in matches when he is supposed to be probing defences at the final third. The McFred partnership, while they are hardworking, is limiting us attackwise especially in home matches
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:
Salah no start. My FPL ooo, may Liverpool lose today for this foolish behaviour from Klopp

I missed a bullet there. Almost bought him as replacement for KdB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
CapitalCee:

Salah admitted he was disappointed he wasn't given the arm band in the last game.

He also admitted he is open to opportunities in spain.

Maybe Klopp trying to show him who's boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9166) (9167) (9168) (9169) (9170) (9171) (9172) ... (14215) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m), delkuf(m), kizolo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.