Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9169969 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (14383) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Donkunxex(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
chrisley024: That defence is a calamity. Rojo and Jones pairing is similar to Luiz and Mascherano pairing.
lmao
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
chrisley024: That defence is a calamity. Rojo and Jones pairing is similar to Luiz and Mascherano pairing.
what pair do you suggest from our defenders?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
SailorXY:
what pair do you suggest from our defenders?
The fact is that I don't know.
Would have preferred Jones and Evans but not after the shyte he displayed yesterday.

I wish we could get even Godin since Hummels is unlikely.
Our defence is a major concern. We need experience and leadership there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Can anyone tell me from below timeline where Pogba would have been used as our midfielder?

I just had a little time to review 2011/12 season.

Anderson and Cleverly did not injure at same time. Their first separation came in our 3-1 win over Chelsea in the league on sept 18th 2011. Fletcher had returned.

After the above, Fletcher became the regular or first choice midfielder. Fletcher was in his best form ever at the time. Fletcher starts with Anderson/Cleverley/Carrick with one of the other two on the bench.

15th Oct 2011 Liverpool 1 Man United 1. Fletcher and Jones in midfield while Carrick and Anderson were on the bench.

Next match was Fletcher and Anderson which was lost to City at OT.

The following match was Fletcher and Cleverley which was a one nil win victory for us at Everton.

This continued until Carrick started coming into the picture around November 19th.

The first time I saw Pogba on the bench was our two nil win over Otelu when Anderson and Rooney played midfied.

On 22nd November draw against Benfica, Carrick paired Fletcher. Then Gibson was back from injury onto the bench.

10 Dec 2011, Phil Jones and Carrick in the middle in a 4_1 win over Wolves. Gibson and Fletcher were on the bench.

Next was two nil win at QPR with Carrick and Jones in the middle

Next 5 nil win at Fulham was Carrick and Giggs.

Next was 5 nil win over Wigan, Carrick and Gibson

Pogba first call up for the league was against Blackburn on 31st December. Carrick and Park were in the midfiled. Anderson was on the bench.

Carrick and Giggs were in the midfield in the following two matches which we won an FA cup fixture over Man City at Ethihand and lost to Newcastle.

Then finally Scholes returned to pair Carrick and we won thee nil over Bolton, we won 2_1 at Emirate. And we kept winning.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pogba's first call up for the league was against Blackburn on December 31st. By 14th January, Scholes was back to pair Carrick . Leaving out Fletcher, Anderson and Jones who had won many matches for us in the middle of the park prior to that time.

The question is, was Pogba hoping SAF bench Scholes and Carrick for him, not to talk of Fletcher who was in the form of his life at the time?

In the whole of 2011/12 we lost only 5 matches. Two of them against league Champion, Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
PietroRico

I will like your opinion sir. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
@UtdReport: Official: Marcos Rojo
has been granted a work permit
and is available for team selection vs
Burnley.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro: Pogba's first call up for the league was against Blackburn on December 31st. By 14th January, Scholes was back to pair Carrick . Leaving out Fletcher, Anderson and Jones who had won many matches for us in the middle of the park prior to that time.

The question is, was Pogba hoping SAF bench Scholes and Carrick for him, not to talk of Fletcher who was in the form of his life at the time?

In the whole of 2011/12 we lost only 5 matches. Two of them against league Champion, Man City.

why didn't SAF replace cleverley with pogba in the next game after we had beaten blackburn by 5-0? you are arguing backwards - we are asking you why did it take the eve of the new year that season before pogba made it to the united bench? you are telling us meaningless stories.

we had rooney, berbatov, tevez & ronaldo when macheda was introduced. none of then had to be injured for months before macheda got his dream debut - why was the progress of pogba/morrison deliberately truncated by SAF? that's the question you should answer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Few days to go......we need Blind n Vidal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro: PietroRico

I will like your opinion sir. cheesy

lol. All those stories are unnecessary bros.
Chances presented themselves in abundance yet pogba wasn't handed enough opportunity.

He got pissed, left for juve and instantly became a star in his very next club.

That's the summary of the whole issue.
I'm not cut out for marathon arguménts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

why didn't SAF replace cleverley with pogba in the next game after we had beaten blackburn by 5-0? you are arguing backwards - we are asking you why did it take the eve of the new year that season before pogba made it to the united bench? you are telling us meaningless stories.

we had rooney, berbatov, tevez & ronaldo when macheda was introduced. none of then had to be injured for months before macheda got his dream debut - why was the progress of pogba/morrison deliberately truncated by SAF? that's the question you should answer.
Morrison...

Man utd dn sell good players o..Rossi,Ronaldo,Pogba etc..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
chrisley024: The fact is that I don't know.
Would have preferred Jones and Evans but not after the shyte he displayed yesterday.

I wish we could get even Godin since Hummels is unlikely.
Our defence is a major concern. We need experience and leadership there.
fact is we can sign Stam & Maldini, yet concede rubbish goals without proper cover in front of them. we need the commanding presence in center midfield first
defence has a pass mark at least
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
Odunharry:
Morrison...

Man utd dn sell good players o..Rossi,Ronaldo,Pogba etc..

ronaldo's own was understandable - he wanted to leave & he thought he had achieved everything possible as a football player for man utd. SAF wasn't wrong for selling him.

however, the sale of pogba/morrison is a grave mistake by SAF. if we compare the level of protection fletcher got as a fellow scot compared to pogba/morrison then you would know nepotism exists even in britain as well.

as a youngster, fletcher is one of the most useless players. his development was slow, he had shytestorms after shytestorms but SAF kept him in the first team. it was because of fletcher keane got angry & went on MUTV to voice his opinion. the program was pulled off & keane got sacked.

fletcher didn't mature as a player until 07/08 - he had been at united's senior team in the previous 5 years or thereabout & he was well protected by SAF. so when people try to idolise SAF in totality, their sanity should be questioned! the reason we have a useless midfield today is because of SAF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
It is well my brothers... wink

Man Utd will rise again... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tval: What's popping here?

Really! grin

What's popping? embarassed --- You wicked... angry grin

When my friend coogar & co. are busy strategizing ways on how to redeem Man Utd's already "battered image"... tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Donkunxex:
wjats wronq wit dis one?na eba u chop dis aftenoon ni?na u wey knw somethinq about the game dey Nairaland with me?mofo...I'm a fan and I av every right to add,suggest or say or even pin point any mistake even tho e might nt visit Nairaland in his entire life... at d end...y'all see hes gonna chanqe d formation...

STFU you fu...cking drongo!

I dont know why i even bothered with you.... You can't string a bloody sentence together!

Stark illiterate
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

I dont know why i even bothered with you.... You can't string a bloody sentence together!

Stark illiterate

why is it that when you lose on points, you start targeting incorrect sentence? huh? football is not language - football na intelligence!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

we had [b]rooney, berbatov, [/b]tevez & ronaldo when macheda was introduced. none of then had to be injured for months before macheda got his dream debut - why was the progress of pogba/morrison deliberately truncated by SAF? that's the question you should answer.

Is this your response? lol cheesy

Macheda got to th bench because there was no senior striker for a substitute duty. Rooney and Berba were not available.

Man United 3 Villa 2 ....Sun 05Apr 2009

E van der Sar, G Neville, J O'Shea, J Evans, P Evra, Nani (F Macheda , 61), M Carrick, D Fletcher, C Ronaldo, R Giggs, C Tevez (D Welbeck, 87)
Subs not used: R Eckersley, B Foster, Park Ji-Sung, D Gibson, L Martin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
PietroRico: lol. All those stories are unnecessary bros.
Chances presented themselves in abundance yet pogba wasn't handed enough opportunity.

He got pissed, left for juve and instantly became a star in his very next club.

That's the summary of the whole issue.
I'm not cut out for marathon arguménts.

There was never going to be any opportunity for Pogba when we had Fletcher whom Mourinho said was a great miss for Man UNITED IN ucl FINAL OF 2011. He played most matches of 2011 and got a pair of either Ando or Cleverley or Carrick or Jones. 2012 Scholes returned.

If it's so easy, Chelsea would have played Matic when he was first with them. Same with Courtois. These guys, as Pogba, were not ready at the time even though they had great potentials and could perform well for some other clubs.

Man United was the second best team in 2011, and the players who made it so were still very much it form. Who was Pogba?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro:

Is this your response? lol cheesy

Macheda got to th bench because there was no senior striker for a substitute duty. Rooney and Berba were not available.

Man United 3 Villa 2 ....Sun 05Apr 2009

E van der Sar, G Neville, J O'Shea, J Evans, P Evra, Nani (F Macheda , 61), M Carrick, D Fletcher, C Ronaldo, R Giggs, C Tevez (D Welbeck, 87)
Subs not used: R Eckersley, B Foster, Park Ji-Sung, D Gibson, L Martin

nani, tevez, ronaldo & welbeck are enough forwards. there's even ji sung park on the bench. it means nani & park could have played as wingers with ronaldo & tevez playing as strikers on the day.

we could have gone 4-3-3 with giggs, tev & ronaldo too & there wouldn't be a single need to use macheda. the analogy of pogba's case here is putting macheda on the bench while neville & o'shea are preferred to him as a striker.

what SAF did to pogba was humiliating & career-wrecking. preferring rafael & js park to pogba in the midfield was an abomination. SAF was one of the major reasons we lost the title in 11/12
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wilfried Zaha has returned to Crystal Palace on loan with a view to a permanent move

Angel di Maria will be officially unveiled at 3pm (UK time) tomorrow at a press conference.

Juventus have made an enquiry about the availability of Javier Hernandez after Arsenal stalled on the proposed loan of Lukas Podolski to the Italian giants.

Louis van Gaal looks prepared to let the Mexico striker leave Manchester United with Angel di Maria now completed from Real Madrid and the likes of Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie remaining the Dutchman's clear first-choice strikers.

And with a top-quality defensive midfielder still desperately needed at Old Trafford, Van Gaal could yet use Juve's interest in Hernandez as bait in a move for Arturo Vidal.

SkyItalia are reporting that United want 10m euros for a loan deal.

[Source: SkyItalia, Daily Mail, Evening Standard, Daily Star, Telegraph, Independent, Mirror]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Donkunxex(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Stark illiterate
what's wronq wit dis 1...oga packwell and stop quotinq me...na u I find come here ? ... abeq if u wan transfer aggression..no brinq am come my side...I don't fckinq e-fight wit morons ..self proclaimed literate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Stark illiterate

Wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Falcao is up 4 47.8mil
Wat if we giv monaco 30mil plus welbeck 4 him
Abi we no need players 4 striking positions considering d fact rvp is injury prone n rooney is inconsistent at times

What do u guys think
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

why is it that when you lose on points, you start targeting incorrect sentence? huh? football is not language - football na intelligence!

Lose on points grin grin grin

Common Coog

That dude there pales terribly in comparison to me when it comes to both.

I will blood him, clean him up and re-blood him again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
iheanyi40: Falcao is up 4 47.8mil
Abi we no need players 4 striking positions considering d fact rvp is injury prone n rooney is inconsistent at times

What do u guys think

From MUFC, Monaco won't listen to offers below 60m. They know you guys are desperate and will pay tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

nani, tevez, ronaldo & welbeck are enough forwards. there's even ji sung park on the bench. it means nani & park could have played as wingers with ronaldo & tevez playing as strikers on the day.

we could have gone 4-3-3 with giggs, tev & ronaldo too & there wouldn't be a single need to use macheda. the analogy of pogba's case here is putting macheda on the bench while neville & o'shea are preferred to him as a striker.

what SAF did to pogba was humiliating & career-wrecking. preferring rafael & js park to pogba in the midfield was an abomination. SAF was one of the major reasons we lost the title in 11/12

* You said we could have...... That said it all. SAF was without Rooney and Berba. He had exactly 13 senior players to start the game, so he made the bench up with What next? He made the bench up with players from the reserve- Martin, Eckesley. Macheida and Welbeck.

* In 2008-9, Welbeck was being called up to play from the wing in the Carling cup games. Mecheda was ahead of him in striking position choice. Welbeck and Macheda were on same level trying to break into the senior team.

* Pogba is confused. Against Blackburn, Anderson was on the bench too. That was a one of case and SAF is known for such selections on few occasions. He defeated Arsenal 2-0 in the Carling cup by playing the twins in the wing. Why did SAF not pull from the academy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:55pm On Aug 27, 2014

What do u guys think

We need to stop kitting up a ferrari wey no get tyre.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Donkunxex(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2014

What do u guys think
naso ooh...buh do u tink monaco will take welbeck?...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
elampiro:

* You said we could have...... That said it all. SAF was without Rooney and Berba. He had exactly 13 senior players to start the game, so he made the bench up with What next? He made the bench up with players from the reserve- Martin, Eckesley. Macheida and Welbeck.

* In 2008-9, Welbeck was being called up to play from the wing in the Carling cup games. Mecheda was ahead of him in striking position choice. Welbeck and Macheda were on same level trying to break into the senior team.

* Pogba is confused. Against Blackburn, Anderson was on the bench too. That was a one of case and SAF is known for such selections on few occasions. He defeated Arsenal 2-0 in the Carling cup by playing the twins in the wing. Why did SAF not pull from the academy?

you are still arguing like a camel. how would macheda feel if he's left on the bench(after being promised matches) with gary neville or oshea being played ahead of him in the striking position?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
coogar:

you are still arguing like a camel. how would macheda feel if he's left on the bench(after being promised matches) with gary neville or oshea being played ahead of him in the striking position?

Even you wouldn't have played Pogba in that one off match.

Our defenders were injured and SAF need to cover the front of the back four defensively. Pogba was the worst choice for that job considering he hadn't EPL experience and his defence awareness was zero. Rafael and Park were a wise choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) (940) (941) ... (14383) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: iamharkinwaley, Bluelines69, Segedinho(m), MrJaay(m), Demolz, maik99(m), afrodoc2, Mybettingtips(m), Prectega(m), MRTA7, kizolo(m), patrickmuf(m), Leyqute(m), olabode89(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.