Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8739807 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (14150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bimfo:

SailorXY no fit.. cheesy undecided

LoL cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
igbsam:

Guy go sleep.....u just dey here dey yarn opata since. You no get levels for here.....abeg dissappear like mess!

Na joke i dey oooooooo! cheesy

I just wan catch trips small grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
igbsam:

Guy go sleep.....u just dey here dey yarn opata since. You no get levels for here.....abeg dissappear like mess!

Na joke i dey oooooooo! cheesy

I just wan catch trips small grin

grin Madman..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

which mundial? lol
sturridge didn't score a single goal performed & welbeck that got all the goals england scored in that tournament performed below sturridge?

let me have what you are smoking, bro. welbeck was the only bright spark as far as creativity was concerned. smalling had a brilliant tournament too but that's typical of england to always have good defensive players.

creativity na their biggest issue.

This says nothing bruh.

That you racked up two goals doesn't necessarily make you a better player than the dude who didn't.

For the fact that Dani didn't score a single goal at the mundial yet made it to the team of the tournament speaks volume of his immense contributions for England.

You must have heard of average performance, that's the phucking criterion that was used.

Welbeck's goals said nothing about his performance during the tournament. Dani had a better mundial.

And believe me, you cant puff morphines cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bimfo:

grin Madman..

My brother, my friend............ grin

Oya take dis one cool body. But make u try dey get sure fact o

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/eByvJ9F.gif[/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
[quote author=SailorXY][/quote]

Fight ke....we no fit fight na......na trips i just dey catch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
AirborneLacer:

This says nothing bruh.

That you racked up two goals doesn't necessarily make you a better player than the dude who didn't.

For the fact that Dani didn't score a single goal at the mundial yet made it to the team of the tournament speaks volume of how immense his contributions were for England.

You must have heard of average performance, that's the phucking criterion that was used.

Welbeck's goals said nothing about his performance during the tournament. Dani had a better mundial.

And believe me, you cant puff morphines cheesy grin

so what do you call a striker that featured in 3 tournament games & failed to score? what do you call a striker that scored all the tournament goals for his country?

there lies your answer - that tournament was in summer of 2011. welbeck got his call-up like few months later & sturridge was ignored.

numbers don't lie!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
If I had my way we would go to a 4-4-2

DDG Rafael Jones Evans Shaw at the back

Januzaj Herrera Blind Di Maria across midfield

Rooney and Falcao upfront

Yes that would mean no room for Mata or RVP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

so what do you call a striker that featured in 3 tournament games & failed to score? what do you call a striker that scored all the tournament goals for his country?

there lies your answer - that tournament was in summer of 2011. welbeck got his call-up like few months later & sturridge was ignored.

numbers don't lie!

I'm trying to think like the organizers of that mundial.

They weren't silly to omit Welbeck's name in the team of the tournament whilst having Dani's included.

I've seen tournaments were an attacker was a total pant yet ended up grabbing 'em awoof goals.

How effective was Torres for Spain at Euro 2012 yet he won the golden boot at the tournament.

Numbers sometimes lie bruh - I'd defend that assertion with my whole life anyday anytime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
AirborneLacer:
I'm trying to think like the organizers of that mundial.

They weren't silly to omit Welbeck's name in the team of the tournament whilst having Dani's included.

I've seen tournaments were an attacker was a total pant yet ended up grabbing 'em awoof goals.

How effective was Torres for Spain at Euro 2012 yet he won the golden boot at the tournament.

Numbers sometimes lie bruh - I'd defend that assertion with my whole life anyday anytime.

the torres analogy can't cut it here.
torres wasn't the only player that scored for spain in euro 2012, he was just the highest goal scorer.

at this particular tournament - welbeck scored all the goals england got in the tournament. let that sink in & re-read it again. sturridge didn't play as a goalie or defender or winger. he played as a striker but he fired blanks all through.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/What-The-Papers-Say/2008/Nov/Papers-Credit-to-Cole.aspx

the above URL was when ghana FA was threatening to pursue welbeck by fire by force. if england were really concerned, they would have given welbeck his debut in 2008 even if it's a 2-minute cameo. why wait till 2011?

i repeat, numbers don't lie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ElFenomeno1: 7:29am On Sep 03, 2014
coogar:

lest i forget, where's elfenomeno1? ever since his champions league quality arsenal got our danny welbeck & we got falcao, the dude has been relatively quiet here. our 5th best striker is arsenal's top striker. grin

Shattap Coogs.... I am on holiday
Look let me tell you something, if Falcao scores more than Giroud or Welbeck this season, i will shout you out on every posts i roll out on the EPL threads for one month tongue

Besides Welbeck was never your 5th best striker, he is behind only Rooney and RVP....

Welbeck will become a better player at Arsenal and will play CL football this season cheesy
Falcao = Washed up galactico
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:36am On Sep 03, 2014
Paul Parker - Rooney is awful and should be dropped

After discussing Robin van Persie's disappointing display at Turf Moor in his Yahoo! Sport blog, Parker wrote: 'As for Wayne Rooney, he's been awful. There he was at Burnley this weekend, supposedly captaining the team - but I saw a player interested only in himself, doing nothing to try and lift his game or inspire his team-mates. 'The only thing in any way remarkable about his performance is that he collects £300,000 a week to play that badly.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2741065/Wayne-Rooney-awful-Ex-Manchester-United-star-Paul-Parker-blasts-skipper.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AndrERush(m): 7:41am On Sep 03, 2014
montelik: If I had my way we would go to a 4-4-2

DDG Rafael Jones Evans Shaw at the back

Januzaj Herrera Blind Di Maria across midfield

Rooney and Falcao upfront

Yes that would mean no room for Mata or RVP.

That is indeed one of the few formations that can really work with two top class striker like we have. But I will opt for the diamond 442, and play just one out and out winger to provide genuine width. a DM, an AM plus one box-to-box Midfielder. I think that will make a more balanced team IMHO.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:00am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisley024: .
ain't nobody with half an eye who doesn't know that if team selection is on merit, Rooney will be dropped either to midfield or to bench. its only English fans & his regular azzlickers that will argue against the obvious
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:11am On Sep 03, 2014
SailorXY:
ain't nobody with half an eye who doesn't know that if team selection is on merit, Rooney will be dropped either to midfield or to bench. its only English fans & his regular azzlickers that will argue against the obvious
and where would RVP be? Since we are talking merit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2014
leggo: and where would RVP be? Since we are talking merit.
do you understand the significance of wearing an armband? yet can't muster an attempt on target as a striker in two straight games? even the commitment or effort is non-existent. you can't inspire even a fish in water to swim with such loyalty
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2014
Radamel Falcao can fire Manchester United to the Premier League title this season, says Dwight Yorke.

“With the team the manager is building, I believe it is good enough to go and win the Premier League,

“They are playing catch-up at this moment and they need to start getting results now, but if they can do that the confidence will generate and when that builds up you’ve seen what they’ve done in the past. There is no doubt in my mind Manchester United could go on to win the league from here.

“I know a lot of people will be questioning that, saying the new players need time to bed in, but these players are world-class players, not just players trying to fit into the football club. These players are that good that it’s easy to fit into the system of Van Gaal.

“The players Man United now have at their disposal will send alarm bells ringing in the Premier League.”

[Source: Skysports]

* Iol. I love the last sentence. Pls let's Shaw, Rojo and Herrera be ready now so that we cover all our weak areas and blend fast already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 9:23am On Sep 03, 2014
SailorXY:
do you understand the significance of wearing an armband? yet can't muster an attempt on target as a striker in two straight games? even the commitment or effort is non-existent. you can't inspire even a fish in water to swim with such loyalty
would RVP make your first XI based on merit? Since he is far better than Rooney why hasn't he scored?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:26am On Sep 03, 2014
SailorXY:
I'm not mostly pissed on his poor form, but his lack of fighting spirit, workrate and desire.
How come his form dropped immediately he got the armband?
Either he's selfish or he needs a new challenge.

If VP is not going for an OP, then, LvG has got a reason why Falcao was signed. Our top players who are not firing should be on their toes or sit on the bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:33am On Sep 03, 2014
leggo: would RVP make your first XI based on merit? Since he is far better than Rooney why hasn't he scored?
that's why I recommend everyone fights for his place. handing out automatic shirts made this team this bad. no real quality was coming into the team & the few quality we had got lazy. its almost a shame that the six players we signed could all get into our starting eleven without breaking a sweat.
let everyone earn his spot, captain or not... that's the only way we can return to former glories
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:35am On Sep 03, 2014
RvP: "Falcao must fight for his place, as I also have to. We must duke with Wayne Rooney and James Wilson to see who's playing."

Is James Wilson a senior player now? no reason why he shouldn't be.

I like how things are now, you bang goals or get a warm spot at the bench!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisley024:
I'm not mostly pissed on his poor form, but his lack of fighting spirit, workrate and desire.

If VP is not going for an OP, then, LvG has got a reason why Falcao was signed. Our top players who are not firing should be on their toes or sit on the bench.
the ones with quality are not even trying to try.
the players putting in effort have no quality, its very frustrating for the fans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisley024:

Spot on! RvP hasn't been impressive ever since Quarter finals of WC.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2014
[b]Wayne Rooney, he's been awful. There he was at Burnley this weekend, supposedly captaining the team - but I saw a player interested only in himself, doing nothing to try and lift his game or inspire his team-mates. The only thing in any way remarkable about his performance is that he collects £300,000 a week to play that badly.

Once Van Persie is fully-fit again, Rooney must be the person to be dropped from United's new attacking line-up: for me, it'll be RVP and Falcao every time. And though there's lots of talk about him playing in the hole behind that front two, I think that'd be a huge mistake - why would you have Rooney there when Juan Mata or Angel Di Maria would do the job so much better?

That'll leave Van Gaal with a big call to make: dropping Wayne Rooney. He's always shown in his career that he's not afraid of the big decisions; he showed it most recently with his goalkeeper substitution for the shoot-out at the World Cup, and he'll have to show it once again because the way things are looking there will be no place for Rooney in that starting line-up soon.

-says former Red Devils defender Paul Parker.[/b]

This is the truth. I trust Van Gaal, if rooney doesn't pick up, he wouldn't miss putting the axe over his head. Once Van Gaal starts dropping him from games, you'll see him doing what he knows how to do best. Sulk and complain, then threaten the club that he wants to go. Who gives a shyt, he can leave for all i care. A captain that cannot even motivate his own team. His £300,000 are just giving him more weight. He is fast loosing it. He should see how Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero are doing in their team. Rooney is becoming too lazy and that goes to show how lazy england players become when they start chasing after money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Falcao9: 10:34am On Sep 03, 2014
I am play on 14th... I rape defenses in spare time..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2014
[b]Manchester United academy sales
1991-1992
Mark Robins – £800k (£1.5m)
1992-1993
Darren Ferguson – £250k (£450k)
Lee Martin – £350k (£630k)
1993-1994
Colin McKee – £265k (£470k)
1994-1995
Keith Gillespie – £1m (1.7m)
Richard Irving – £75k (£130k)
Ashley Westwood – £40k (£70k)
1995-1996
Gary Walsh – £250k (£420k)
1997-1998
Ben Thornley – £175k (£280k)
Grant Brebner – £300k (£475k)
John O’Kane – £400k (£635k)
Michael Appleton – £500k (£795k)
Jon Macken – £1.1m (£1.7m)
Colin Murdock – £100k (£160k)
Simon Davies – £150k (£240k)
Chris Casper – £300k (£475k)
1998-1999
Terry Cooke – £1m (£1.5m)
Phil Mulryne – £500k (£770k)
1999-2000
John Curtis – £1.5m (£2.3m)
Danny Higginbotham – £2m (£3m)
2000-2001
David Healey – £1.8m (£2.6m)
Mark Wilson – £1.5m (£2.2m)
2001-2002
Paul Rachubka – £200k (£290k)
2002-2003
David Beckham – £24.5m (£35m)
2003-2004
Nicky Butt – £2.5m (£3.5m)
2004-2005
Jonathan Spector – £500k (£670k)
Phil Neville – £3.5m (£4.7m)
2005-2006
Sylvain Ebanks-Blake – £200k (£260k)
2006-2007
David Jones – £1m (£1.3m)
Kieran Richardson – £5.5m (£7m)
Giuseppe Rossi – £6.7m (£8.5m)
2007-2008
Ryan Shawcross – £1m (£1.2m)
Phil Bardsley – £2m (£2.4m)
Gerard Pique – £6m (£7.2m)
2008-2009
Chris Eagles to Burnley – £1.25m (1.5m)
Lee Martin – £1.5m (£1.7m)
Frazier Campbell to Sunderland – £6m (£7m)
Richard Eckersley to Burnley – £500k (£580k)
2009-2010
Danny Simpson – £750k (£880k)
2010-2011
James Chester – £300k (£335k)
Craig Cathcart – £250k (£280k)
Wes Brown – £1.2m (£1.3m)
John O’Shea – £4.5m (£5m)
Joe Dudgeon – £300k (£335k)
Corry Evans – £500k (£560k)
2011-2012
Ravel Morrison – £1m
Danny Drinkwater – £750k
Darron Gibson – £2m
Matty James – £1m
Oliver Norwood – £400k
2012-2013
Robbie Brady – £2m
Joshua King – £1m
Oliver Norwood – £400k
Matty James – £1m
2013-2014
Scott Wootton – £1m
2014-2015
Danny Welbeck – £16m
Tom Lawrence – £1m[/b]
* United have made around £140m from academy
sales, which works out at around £6m a season for
the past 24 years. In brackets are numbers using a
historic inflation calculator . Of course, the inflation
rate of football transfers is much larger than
inflation in general, so the real figure would
actually be much more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2014
On Anderson: is it that no club is coming for him or LvG sees sth in him?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2014
^^ This only serves to illustrate the point I
made the other day about football at
academy level being much lower in
standard to that of our first team. It’s all
very well people praising other academies
that give their youth a chance, teams like
aston villa and southampton, but thats
not the same as a team looking to either
win the league or achieve champions
league football. For players to make it at
elite level they really have to stick out like
a sore thumb above the rest at the
academy’s level.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:15am On Sep 03, 2014
chrisley024: On Anderson: is it that no club coming for him or LvG sees sth in him?
Question for the gods
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2014
http://www.stretford-end.com/2014/09/
united-failed-help-tom-cleverley-fulfil-
potential/
Good article on Cleverley, worth a read
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ItGeek(m): 12:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
SailorXY: so Fabregas & Costa collect 200k each per week? shocked di maria on 150k?
and one mr. bimfo is trying to paint issues as if their new recruits joined Chelshit for something else embarassed

Bro, those figures can't be validated, especially the ones marked new.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
With Falcao, we don't have strikers problem. We should worry less about who starts and who get drops. We can still accommodate all three strikers is we play 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. But from the four from men (when Mata is added), one player will always get dropped. Anyone not playing well should not play 90 mins except if that player has previously proven to be far ahead of others. From what we have on ground, I can bet Di Maria and Falcao are the sure bankers.

If Mata got unto gear, then one or both Rooney and RVP will end up as squad players as Giggs did for us before. Nothing bad. If Mata can't get into gear, he may have to be sold at the end of the season.

Our worry will be how the defence and midfield will live up, and who gets going fine there?

Front, not a problem again. Gaal saved us so much stress to have bought Falcao. Now we can afford to bring someone from the bench into the forward play and expect a massive boost. Instead of bringing Welbeck and Chicha on, we now know Rooney/RVP/Mata would come on. At least for one year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) ... (14150) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ellexy, afrodoc2, Santos07 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.