Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:41 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8484468 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (14075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

it does - considering the shyte midfield he had behind him. he was the better talent, the one with the better football brain. sturridge is just a trigger-happy player. he shoots from all angles & he gets the lucky break.

there's a reason welbeck got into 3 lions way before sturridge did. brendan rodgers revived sturridge when he partnered him with suarez & coutinho was feeding them with quality passes. even till today, sturridge hasn't sorted his selfishness. he frustrated the life out of suarez.
Sturridge scored 8 in 12 games for Bolton, I am sure there was no Suarez or Coutinho at Bolton to feed him passes, he got into double figures for Chelsea without this guys, Welbeck got his cap early so as not to play for Ghana, both got capped same year, so that doesn't even shows that he has a better talent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhellake: 9:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
afrodoc2:

You have to look at the context, why won't Sturridge have played matches that season? He was competing with Darius Vassell, Benjani,and Valeri Bojinov cheesy
Welbeck was competing with Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov,Cristiano Ronaldo and Louis Saha shocked

Tell me who would get more opportunities?
How about when they were out on loan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar: more facts.....
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1672583_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1672582_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
so Fabregas & Costa collect 200k each per week? shocked di maria on 150k?
and one mr. bimfo is trying to paint issues as if their new recruits joined Chelshit for something else embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dhellake: Sturiddge was also starting in big domestic and European games, he even won us some big games, as much as he was played out of position, he got into double figures for us, what more?? Welbeck can't be selfish when he can't even dribble, he can't even think out of the box, he plays football the raw way, that's not intelligence, compare their goals, their movements and you would know who is more intelligent

I'm not sure you understand football yourself.... close control and off the ball movement are functions of technique and instinct respectively....

Intelligence is understanding how to function optimally in an overall tactical system. Sturridge has one playstyle and he's either reluctant or unable to adapt\change it even to his team's detriment....The cleverest players are the ones who can adapt their play in different roles/positions...and they often suffer for it because the most prolific strikers are usually one-minded and unable to see the whole picture...

Mata, Silva, Rooney, Welbeck, Milner have all been pushed out of position often because they're too smart for their own good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
The fans, in particular, have never really warmed to Sturridge since he moved to London on a free transfer from Manchester City back in 2009. His individual style of play, a combination of trickery and excellent footwork, is not always favoured by the Chelsea supporters. Mix in his tendency to shoot from range rather than pick out a teammate, and Sturridge is usually the man to blame if the West Londoners fail to take their chances in front of goal.

In football, any player that possesses a high level of confidence in their ability is sometimes prone to becoming over confident. Take Zlatan Ibrahimovic as an example. The Swede is a huge asset to Paris Saint-Germain and his country Sweden, but sometimes his belief in his own ability is high enough to alienate his teammates and cause unrest in the squad. This isn't so much the case with Sturridge, but his focus of scoring individual goals as opposed to team goals could be a reason as to why his chances have been limited on Kings Road.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1462692-why-signing-daniel-sturridge-from-chelsea-is-a-risky-move-for-liverpool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
PietroRico: lol. Did u even read the article at all?
Celeverly is and isn't a lot of things but 1 thing I won't call cleverley is lazy.
He is one of the most hardworking players u can find around.

I don't need to read the whole thing, everybody knows cleverly is a flob and u can imagine the looks in everyone's face when they learnt cleverly didn't leave at the close of the transfer window. I bet some people when to pay to their gods just to make sure that flop leaves and guess what, their prayers answered including mine. He is just a waste in the team. Maybe he will do better where he is now. But for man u ? he aint the kinda player we need. He should take his hard working somewhere else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nihilist:

Shots fired grin grin grin

This one na confam shot o...shakabula...No pishaun cheesy

You mean this kinda shot ?

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/aAc_Pistols.gif[/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dhellake: Sturridge scored 8 in 12 games for Bolton, I am sure there was no Suarez or Coutinho at Bolton to feed him passes, he got into double figures for Chelsea without this guys, Welbeck got his cap early so as not to play for Ghana, both got capped same year, so that doesn't even shows that he has a better talent

so because he didn't want to play for ghana was the reason he was capped for england? who is this funny dude? grin cheesy

i doubt you watch football cos until sturridge moved to liverpool, no one rated him at all. he was too selfish & he lacked football intelligence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dhellake: Sturridge scored 8 in 12 games for Bolton, I am sure there was no Suarez or Coutinho at Bolton to feed him passes, he got into double figures for Chelsea without this guys, Welbeck got his cap early so as not to play for Ghana, both got capped same year, so that doesn't even shows that he has a better talent

This is what I call sound reasoning.

I remember a once red-hot Agbonlahor getting called up by ''phuck knows who'' so as not to dorn the green white green colors. This doesn't really make him a better talent than Raheem Sterling who received his first call-up last year.

Who doesn't love logic! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

so because he didn't want to play for ghana was the reason he was capped for england? who is this funny dude? grin cheesy

i doubt you watch football cos until sturridge moved to liverpool, no one rated him at all. he was too selfish & he lacked football intelligence.

Beat the logic man.

Welbeck wasn't called up to the national team based on stats.

He wasn't the only promising prospect around.

So from a sense, his England debut was actually to kill any chance of him staring for Ghana.

Dhellake is making sense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dhellake: Forget about national team, Bernard plays for Brazil while Coutinho doesn't, as at 08/09 season, Sturridge was already starting league games, he played 16 games, scored 4, 3assists, Scored 8 goals in 12 while on loan at Bolton, He dribbles better, obviously has more football intelligence than Welbeck, how then was Welbeck a better"TALENT"??
I tire for Nihilist ooh! Its like saying Razaq Omotoyosi is better than Muri Ogunbiyi because he broke in to the Beninoise National team before him. Welbeck with less than 10 goals per season would not sniff the National team for if not for his United connects

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Manchester United have signed 16-year-old Ajax defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah.
He still requires an international transfer certificate but is expected to be part of Paul McGuinness' academy squad this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nihilist:

I'm not sure you understand football yourself.... close control and off the ball movement are functions of technique and instinct respectively....

Intelligence is understanding how to function optimally in an overall tactical system. Sturridge has one playstyle and he's either reluctant or unable to adapt\change it even to his team's detriment....The cleverest players are the ones who can adapt their play in different roles/positions...and they often suffer for it because the most prolific strikers are usually one-minded and unable to see the whole picture...

Mata, Silva, Rooney, Welbeck, Milner have all been pushed out of position often because they're too smart for their own good
Milner, Welbeck too smart? Hahahaha mo daaran
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
SailorXY: so Fabregas & Costa collect 200k each per week? shocked di maria on 150k?
and one mr. bimfo is trying to paint issues as if their new recruits joined Chelshit for something else embarassed

undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2014
SailorXY: so Fabregas & Costa collect 200k each per week? shocked di maria on 150k?

When you hear dumb people speak, they don't have facts to back it up...they just open their mouth gbaga!

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/Adam-Levine-Laugh-Attack.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
afrodoc2:

Daniel Sturridge play for Blackburn? Maybe on PS 2 (or NL) but not in real life.
Na Bolton I wan talk jare no vex too much Orijin for body
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
A40:
Milner, Welbeck too smart? Hahahaha mo daaran

Guardian's description of Milner

Milner's intelligence means he can take on board a hastily imposed game plan and his dedication means he sticks to it. He is perhaps not Mr Right in the confusing scheme of greater, grander domination, but he is an excellent Mr Right Now.

It would be wrong, though, to paint Milner as a bloodless figure, some clanking iron man emerging from the sea with a tractor in each fist. In fact he has two qualities often missing in English footballers, tactical intelligence and physical robustness. This is a man who has played more than 500 professional matches at the age of 26
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jun/22/euro-2012-james-milner-england
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
A40:
Na Bolton I wan talk jare no vex too much Orijin for body

LOL me sef know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
AirborneLacer:
This is what I call sound reasoning.

I remember a once red-hot Agbonlahor getting called up by ''phuck knows who'' so as not to dorn the green white green colors. This doesn't really make him a better talent than Raheem Sterling who received his first call-up last year.

Who doesn't love logic! cheesy

larry izamoje must have told you this crap!
ghana my white bütt! welbeck has always been the better talent & welbeck got capped first because of his performance not because of some ghana rumours.

ghana had enquired about welbeck as far as 2008. welbeck didn't get his first cap till november 2011. what shot welbeck to the limelight was his performance at the under 21 european championship - he was the only english striker that kept scoring while sturridge had a super-woeful tournament.

welbeck's stock rose, sturridge's stock drowned.

well....
this is why we are here to defend this our temple & ward off invaders like bimfo before they stain the sanctity of this holy ground. we united fans always have the facts - they just open their mouths to talk rubbish cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
PietroRico: fuccck off!! Useless ram
You are a Stan your entire pathetic existence feeds off my attention. You better get help

Nihilist:

A40 is that all? Come on man...you can come harder than this na ? angry

Come harder for a myopic liliputian like Pietro Rico? Overkill ma nicca

Nihilist:

Guardian's description of Milner

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jun/22/euro-2012-james-milner-england
A blog? Lmao!!! Do you even know if he typed that under the influence of syrup? On the pitch James Milner is many things intelligent isn't one of them
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Sergio Ramos responds to Ronaldo: Too early to jump to conclusions

Sep 2, 2014 18:28:00

The Portugal international appeared to publicly imply that he does not agree with the European champions' decision to sell both Xabi Alonso and Angel Di Maria
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/09/02/5079334/sergio-ramos-responds-to-ronaldo-too-early-to-jump-to?ICID=HP_BN_2

Di Maria: I stayed at Real Madrid for Ronaldo

Sep 2, 2014 09:44:00

The attacking midfielder has revealed that he would have already left the Champions League winners last year had it not been for the Portugal star
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/09/02/5078118/di-maria-i-stayed-at-real-madrid-for-ronaldo?ICID=AR_RA_3

Di Maria chased the money to Manchester United - Ancelotti

And Madrid coach Ancelotti has taken a swipe at the winger, who made 52 appearances in all competitions for the club last season.

"Some players love to compete, others prefer to make more money," he told Eurosport.

"If a player needs motivation to play at the best club in the world, I have no problem in letting him go."
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/09/01/5076613/di-maria-chased-the-money-to-manchester-united-ancelotti?ICID=AR_RA_3
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:30pm On Sep 02, 2014
“I have my very clear opinion, but I must calculate and I cannot always say what I think because tomorrow I will be on the front of the papers and I do not want that… But if I was in charge, maybe I would not do things like that. Everyone has their opinion and is free to say what they think. If the president thinks that the best thing for the team is to sign these players and let go those who left then we have to respect and support his decision.” CR7.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
elampiro:
Di Maria chased the money to Manchester United - Ancelotti

And Madrid coach Ancelotti has taken a swipe at the winger, who made 52 appearances in all competitions for the club last season.

"Some players love to compete, others prefer to make more money," he told Eurosport.

"If a player needs motivation to play at the best club in the world, I have no problem in letting him go."

ancelotti is a bastärd for making this comment. i hate these stùpid managers who let club owners use them like rabid dogs in other to protect the integrity of the club.

florentino perez deliberately chased di maria away. when i read di maria's letter, i nearly cried. he gave madrid everything. he never wavered & kept it real like a professional.

they went to buy james based on his brilliant world cup & someone had to be made the sacrificial lamb. di maria became that lamb as he had no one to protect his stock & yet this obese hypocritical twit is painting the picture in another way.

The Letter

My time at Real Madrid has come to an end. It's impossible, in just a few lines, to put all I have gained here, but this letter is my way of explaining how I'm feeling now that I'm bidding the club farewell. Over the four years I have had the honour of wearing this shirt, I have felt nothing but pride about everything that has happened and all I have achieved together with my teammates.

Sadly, now I have to go, but I want to make it clear that this was never my wish. I've always wanted to progress, as anyone else does in their job. I went to the World Cup after winning the 'Decima' with the hope of getting some signal from the Club Management, but it never came. Many things were said and many lies circulated. They always wanted to pin the idea of leaving the club on me, but that's not how it was. Unfortunately, my football isn't to someone's taste.

The only thing I asked for was a fair deal.
There are many things that I value and a lot of them have nothing to do with my salary. I hope to find them at Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, with which I'm hoping to make history.

I've been lucky enough to share a dressing room with some fantastic players, who have been even better teammates. I think that was the key to winning the Tenth Champions League. I want to apologise for the times I made mistakes, on or off the field. It was never my intention to do wrong by anyone. I sweated for this shirt every game as if it were the last. There were times when things went well, and times when they didn't, but what I can say is that I always gave it everything.

I want to thank Spain for everything it's given me and especially for being the country where my daughter was born. And I would like to send a very special thank you to the people at the Montepríncipe hospital, who will always be in my heart. My wife, daughter and I will be forever grateful. Also to my teammates, who always supported me, in good times and bad, to the various coaching teams I've worked with and also to all the people who work at the club on a daily basis, who I have a great relationship with.

I hope that Real Madrid have a great season and achieve the ambitions the club is always keen to push for. That moment at the Bernabéu in the 'Supercopa' when I came onto the pitch and was greeted with such great affection from the crowd will stay with me forever. Thank you so much. It still gives me goosebumps. I could not think of a better farewell for what turned out to, unfortunately, be my last game.

Hala Madrid! Always and forever!

Angel Di Maria
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bimfo: We even had the Chance to snap up Shaw.. But 30 milla for that Ninja is too much..

And Most of them just came to U guys because of the Money.. e.g Di Maria undecided
Bimfo:

undecided
coogar: more facts.....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1672583_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1672582_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Don't mind Ancelotti, if they really wanted Di Maria to stay, Madrid would pay anything to keep him. The whole world knows that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
elampiro: Don't mind Ancelotti, if they really wanted Di Maria to stay, Madrid would pay anything to keep him. The whole world knows that.

exactly, why get involved. the beef was between florentino perez & di maria. di maria wasn't galactico enough for him & he got rid. young players should avoid madrid cos the club have a"use & dump" policy - no loyalty, no remorse.

now, they want to make it look like di maria forced the move. why would a CL-winner want to jump ship & come to united who aren't even competing in europe? carlo ancelotti is a disgrace if he feels anyone would buy his spin.

SailorXY:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

na you go chase bimfo comot for NL. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

larry izamoje must have told you this crap!
ghana my white bütt! welbeck has always been the better talent & welbeck got capped first because of his performance not because of some ghana rumours.

ghana had enquired about welbeck as far as 2008. welbeck didn't get his first cap till november 2011. what shot welbeck to the limelight was his performance at the under 21 european championship - he was the only english striker that kept scoring while sturridge had a super-woeful tournament.

welbeck's stock rose, sturridge's stock drowned.

Big Bruh you've been reading the wrong dailies.

Sturridge performed well for England at the mundial.

He was named in the team of the tournament alongside Walker and Smalling. Joining some other superb talents like Mata, Ericksen, Shaqiri, Alcantara, Adrian, De Gea etc whilst your so eulogised Welbeck missed out.

So tell me again, what really prompted his immediate call-up to the national team If not to ward off Ghana's interest?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

na you go chase bimfo comot for NL. cheesy

SailorXY no fit.. cheesy undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ancelotti is a zombie....he is being control. Reminds of Fela's song.............
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
A40: A blog? Lmao!!! Do you even know if he typed that under the influence of syrup? On the pitch James Milner is many things intelligent isn't one of them

Dayum! cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by igbsam(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bimfo:

SailorXY no fit.. cheesy undecided

Guy go sleep.....u just dey here dey yarn opata since. You no get levels for here.....abeg dissappear like mess!

Na joke i dey oooooooo! cheesy

I just wan catch trips small grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
AirborneLacer:
Big Bruh you've been reading the wrong dailies.

Sturridge performed well for England at the mundial.

He was named in the team of the tournament alongside Walker and Smalling. Joining some other superb talents like Mata, Ericksen, Shaqiri, Alcantara, Adrian, De Gea etc whilst your so eulogised Welbeck missed out.

So tell me again, what really prompted his immediate call-up to the national team If not to ward off Ghana's interest?

which mundial? lol
sturridge that didn't score a single goal performed & welbeck that got all the goals england scored in that tournament performed below sturridge?

let me have what you are smoking, bro. welbeck was the only bright spark as far as creativity was concerned. smalling had a brilliant tournament too but that's typical of england to always have good defensive players.

creativity na their biggest issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (977) (978) (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) ... (14075) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.