Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,218 members, 7,860,386 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8859698 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9861) (9862) (9863) (9864) (9865) (9866) (9867) ... (14214) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2021
BikeMan:
Words only a scummy can say. cheesy
A shekpite seeing the awesomeness of bruno shocked. I miss the good ol days when shekpites fall over each other to vomit nonsense
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2021
eph12:

Well obviously, we have very poor players. Most of the time, our players are poorer than those we play against
That's what they want to make us believe when in all honesty, it is not true...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
No be today, every team look better when they play against us but when they play against City they hardly string two passes together...
I understand the game was poor yesterday but at no point did Granada look better than us yesterday. We were just poor, they weren't better, they were shit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:35am On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:

2 things can be true. The players can be poor with the manager being poor as well. They are not mutually exclusive situations.

Even a great manager like Pep has had to discard gazillion players because even he could not get them to perform. There is a big list of players that flopped under him.

Even if our players will perform better under a better manager (which i agree with) it will be marginal. We aren't winning the league under any regular circumstance with this bunch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:44am On Apr 09, 2021
afrodoc:

2 things can be true. The players can be poor with the manager being poor as well. They are not mutually exclusive situations.

Even a great manager like Pep has had to discard gazillion players because even he could not get them to perform. There is a big list of players that flopped under him.

Even if our players will perform better under a better manager (which i agree with) it will be marginal. We aren't winning the league under any regular circumstance with this bunch.
In Pep's very first match as coach of City against Arsenal in a friendly, I could see that his intent on their play, the 2 CBs split when the goal keeper has the ball and the CDM drops back with the two fullbacks pushing higher up the pitch. I watched and took note of Pep already imposing his style in just his first match albeit a friendly...In that first season, you could see what he set out to do even though the personnel were poor and that alone is enough encouragement to give him the players he ask for.

It's the same with Klopp at Liverpool, from the get-go, you see what they're on about but with Ole here, its been 2 and a half years yet I don't seem to understand how exactly he wants the team to play, our defending is poor, our midfield play is poor (You can blame the players but then what have we seen to suggest there's something they're trying out?), our attack is also poor...At this rate, even if we get all our summer targets, I still don't see us winning the league with Ole.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
In Pep's very first match as coach of City against Arsenal in a friendly, I could see that his intent on their play, the 2 CBs split when the goal keeper has the ball and the CDM drops back with the two fullbacks pushing higher up the pitch. I watched and took note of Pep already imposing his style in just his first match albeit a friendly...In that first season, you could see what he set out to do even though the personnel were poor and that alone is enough encouragement to give him the players he ask for.

It's the same with Klopp at Liverpool, from the get-go, you see what they're on about but with Ole here, its been 2 and a half years yet I don't seem to understand how exactly he wants the team to play, our defending is poor, our midfield play is poor (You can blame the players but then what have we seen to suggest there's something they're trying out?), our attack is also poor...At this rate, even if we get all our summer targets, I still don't see us winning the league with Ole.
Our defending has been lackluster atimes but it’s not been poor as you’re making it out to be. The problem with them is they can’t play out from the back to save their lives, Bissaka and Fred being chief culprits.

Our attackers should be doing more but you need to understand the gaping hole in the right wing coupled with Bissaka’s ineptitude going forward in that same right wing. Our attack has been heavily left dependent and it shows.

As for the midfield although they’ve created chances for the forwards yet I still see no balance to their play as Ole keeps playing double pivots almost every game. A quality CDM can bring that balance. It showed in those matches we blew teams away after project restart when Matic was deployed as the sole anchor but it didn’t last as his legs were gone.

Pressing needs for the summer, a quality right wing player that creates and provides width for the full back, a CDM, a striker and a CB. I assume Dalot is coming back to provide options for the RB spot.

Another important point, Ole needs to upgrade very fast or we may remain just a top four team and we should be looking past that now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Unpopular opinion but I think Lindelof would really hit it off with a Pep team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by benji93: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
I am still waiting for the day Ole runs out of luck. grin. He seems to have an unlimited supply of Inshallahs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2021
handelex:
Our defending has been lackluster atimes but it’s not been poor as you’re making it out to be. The problem with them is they can’t play out from the back to save their lives, Bissaka and Fred being chief culprits.

Our attackers should be doing more but you need to understand the gaping hole in the right wing coupled with Bissaka’s ineptitude going forward in that same right wing. Our attack has been heavily left dependent and it shows.

As for the midfield although they’ve created chances for the forwards yet I still see no balance to their play as Ole keeps playing double pivots almost every game. A quality CDM can bring that balance. It showed in those matches we blew teams away after project restart when Matic was deployed as the sole anchor but it didn’t last as his legs were gone.

Pressing needs for the summer, a quality right wing player that creates and provides width for the full back, a CDM, a striker and a CB. I assume Dalot is coming back to provide options for the RB spot.

Another important point, Ole needs to upgrade very fast or we may remain just a top four team and we should be looking past that now.

If we don't make significant signings Top 4 might be a struggle next season. I no want make the thing shock people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
afrodoc:

If we don't make significant signings Top 4 might be a struggle next season. I no want make the thing shock people.
Hmmmm that's very much possible oo sad

City will be City, Liverpool will likely bounce back, Chelsea will too. That's 3 top 4 spots likely gone.

Shaa make Murtough do the needful or else Ole won't last and it'll be rinse and repeat as usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
afrodoc:

Me sef fear to talk am, before KingAlabi smash my mouth with the baton. cheesy

grin

Alabi Mr. False Fencist.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
What's the pattern that I'm not seeing?
What pattern does Brighton, or Granada play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:17pm On Apr 09, 2021
handelex:
I understand the game was poor yesterday but at no point did Granada look better than us yesterday. We were just poor, they weren't better, they were shit.
Agenda must agend sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2021
Oasis007:

grin

Alabi Mr. False Fencist.
angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
handelex:
Hmmmm that's very much possible oo sad

City will be City, Liverpool will likely bounce back, Chelsea will too. That's 3 top 4 spots likely gone.

Shaa make Murtough do the needful or else Ole won't last and it'll be rinse and repeat as usual.

Next season fit dey less competitive pass this season sef. No be Wetin we talk last season be this?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
I don't know why you keep asking what pattern we play?

Why do you recognize Bruno's position as the most important in our team if you don't know what we play, isn't that hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2021
Leyqute:

Next season fit dey less competitive pass this season sef. No be Wetin we talk last season be this?
With necessary signings, I expect Ole to go for the league, if not 2nd to 2nd isn't improvement again oh.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
KingAlabi:

What pattern does Brighton, or Granada play?
What's my business with Brighton or Granada? Is that the caliber of teams you look up to?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2021
KingAlabi:
I don't know why you keep asking what pattern we play?

Why do you recognize Bruno's position as the most important in our team if you don't know what we play, isn't that hypocrisy.
You have not answered my question...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
What's my business with Brighton or Granada? Is that the caliber of teams you look up to?
That's the team we played of recent, hence the question
You watched them play, so what style do you think they play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
You have not answered my question...
I can't keep repeating my sef, but one last time, we play counter attacking footy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
For me, are the players the best out there, NO.

Are they much better that their performance weekly, YES

I'm not sure many will disagree, but then its fine.

In truth, we have had some very good/excellent performances, but then if we're not consistent with our performance, character and mentality, it points to the manager for me. A new manager will demand better performance plus the players will want to do more on the field. If after the honeymoon period, the players don't keep up with that performance, its on the coach to do something about that. That is why he is there

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2021
KingAlabi:

I can't keep repeating my sef, but one last time, we play counter attacking footy.
Trevor will bite you if you repeat this. He's a better fan of Ole than you as he no dey disguise like you

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
KingAlabi:

Against the big teams, yes but how often do we play teams that are better or on par with us?

Counter attacking against top teams is the way to go, even a rookie will adopt same approach when playing against teams that are superior...When we play against teams that sit back, we begin to struggle because counter attack is not an option. If we played top teams every other match day then I'll have no qualms with the approach but that's not the case hence we struggle to dispose off small teams.

The annoying part is that you watch our matches and you don't see any passing sequence that suggests these guys train together.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 3:05pm On Apr 09, 2021
If we sold De Gea, he would go to Juventus or PSG

If we sold Henderson, he would end up at Sheffield United or Newcastle

This tells you everything you need to know.

David de Gea is world-class, Henderson is a future world-class goal keeper.

Stop disrespecting David de Gea �

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2021
handelex:
It's not just about yesterday...Talking about the match yesterday, we played poorly...I am not that fan that will be okay if we play Sheffield United who are very poor and will be satisfied if we are marginally better than them. There's a minimum standard we should expect from a club of United’s caliber...

When you watch City, you see the way they cut through teams with their movements and precise passing, don't you want your team serving you such on match days?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
eph12:

Trevor will bite you if you repeat this. He's a better fan of Ole than you as he no dey disguise like you
k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
Against the big teams, yes but how often do we play teams that are better or on par with us?

Counter attacking against top teams is the way to go, even a rookie will adopt same approach when playing against teams that are superior...When we play against teams that sit back, we begin to struggle because counter attack is not an option. If we played top teams every other match day then I'll have no qualms with the approach but that's not the case hence we struggle to dispose off small teams.

The annoying part is that you watch our matches and you don't see any passing sequence that suggests these guys train together.

Check the definition of counter attack, it isn't necessarily the defend and hit on the counter. Counter attack is fast attacking the opponents once they loose the ball, and it can be played against small teams too, but these teams know we attack fast, hence they always try to either keep a man behind, offside trap, or a low block.

Tell me which teams attacks faster than united in the premier league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
benji93:
I am still waiting for the day Ole runs out of luck. grin. He seems to have an unlimited supply of Inshallahs.
grin grin
Norwegian magic bro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2021
Mrviktor:
If we sold De Gea, he would go to Juventus or PSG

If we sold Henderson, he would end up at Sheffield United or Newcastle

This tells you everything you need to know.

David de Gea is world-class, Henderson is a future world-class goal keeper.

Stop disrespecting David de Gea �

@bolded, please don't kid yourself, like you didn't hear rumours of ATM, Chelsea looking for Henderson.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2021
patrickmuf:
It's not just about yesterday...Talking about the match yesterday, we played poorly...I am not that fan that will be okay if we play Sheffield United who are very poor and will be satisfied if we are marginally better than them. There's a minimum standard we should expect from a club of United’s caliber...

When you watch City, you see the way they cut through teams with their movements and precise passing, don't you want your team serving you such on match days?
Do you want good footy or a trophy?

If you want good and entertaining footy I think bielsa is the best man for the job.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 3:34pm On Apr 09, 2021
KingAlabi:

Do you want good footy or a trophy?

If you want good and entertaining footy I think bielsa is the best man for the job.
Well, Bayern play good footy, Manchester City play good footy, Liverpool same, Barcelona and PSG also play good football so I don't get what point you're trying to make.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9861) (9862) (9863) (9864) (9865) (9866) (9867) ... (14214) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, Leyqute(m), MrJaay(m), Jamiuokolla, Ellexy, Jodera and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.