Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8749355 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (14157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odutope(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
afrodoc2:

Wait o, is that your picture? shocked
Bia neba we need to have this intercourse, SORRY discourse in camera cheesy
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
tabloids say Juventus are interested in Valencia & Mata... may make a bid in January cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
SailorXY: tabloids say Juventus are interested in Valencia & Mata... may make a bid in January cool
For Vidal/Strootman and Cuadrado, then, I'm ok cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
chrisley024: For Vidal/Strootman and Cuadrado, then, I'm ok cool
shebi them say Vidal don break leg again ni undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
SailorXY:
shebi them say Vidal don break leg again ni undecided
He said it's false
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
chrisley024: He said it's false

No wahala there are enough matches between now and January for Vidal and Strootman to prove their fitness.
I have a feeling Strootman would be the main target come January though although we could go for Vidal too if Carrick,Fletcher,Anderson continue to under-perform.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
i am ready to drive valencia to roma myself free of charge. selling mata is ludicrous. he is a better number 10 than rooney. rooney won't last long, he would soon start throwing his toys out of the pram when the pressure cranks up. the criticism he's getting for club & country is getting higher.

mata should be retained at all costs!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mata has quite a bit of a weakness though. He is missing the characteristics to be elampawaful. Pace and power. He seems very weak so its possible LvG would also want to get rid for a more pacy and dynamic attack. I like Mata alot but he definitely needs to step up his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
MrTA: Mata has quite a bit of a weakness though. He is missing the characteristics to be elampawaful. Pace and power. He seems very weak so its possible LvG would also want to get rid for a more pacy and dynamic attack. I like Mata alot but he definitely needs to step up his game.

i actually don't follow that mata is weak argument. xavi & iniesta aren't actually goliaths too but they carved a niche. how big is david silva......our problem with mata are the players not willing to offer themselves for his passes. unfortunately, players like cleverley & co had to be sent away for a sin that's not entirely their fault.

i took time to watch all our games again the last 5 days & it must be hell for our midfielders. our forwards lack movement - rooney has the mobility of a statue. he's the reason midfielders dwell on the ball cos they are waiting to play a pass to a free teammate but those teammates ain't moving well enough into space to receive a pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Mata is over dependent on his passing. When the passing option is not on Silva and Iniesta are quite good at shielding the ball or dribbling past their marker with a sudden burst of speed and trickery. Mata is not up to those guys standards in terms of protecting the ball,dribbling or pace.....he becomes almost useless when the passing option is not immediately available.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
afrodoc2: . When the passing option is not on Silva and Iniesta are quite good at shielding the ball or dribbling past their marker with a sudden burst of speed and trickery.

The shielding of the ball is the biggest difference here imo. Silva and most especially iniesta's ball protection is so good it makes the size of the opposition an afterthought. Reason why I have always considered Silva the better player(even at valencia)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by boyo44: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
House I need your own view on this it sound funny to me
Platini: Ban Ribery for international retirement
UEFA president Michel Platini has called on FIFA
to ban Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich
matches for retiring from international football.
http://m.eurosport.co.uk/football/euro-2016/2016/platini-ban-ribery-for-international-retirement_sto4391914/story.shtml
read in full their
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
chic2pimp:

The shielding of the ball is the biggest difference here imo. Silva and most especially iniesta's ball protection is so good it makes the size of the opposition an afterthought. Reason why I have always considered Silva the better player(even at valencia)

i also believe silva & mata get referee protection than mata. mata gets fouled a lot and those evil referees just look away because mata plays for man utd. referees don't want to be branded as being bribed by united like the howard webb situation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
afrodoc2: Mata is over dependent on his passing. When the passing option is not on Silva and Iniesta are quite good at shielding the ball or dribbling past their marker with a sudden burst of speed and trickery. Mata is not up to those guys standards in terms of protecting the ball,dribbling or pace.....he becomes almost useless when the passing option is not immediately available.

Mata lacks some kind of strength, stamina and ball protection that other small guys have. Mata is a 12 year old playing football with adults.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

i also believe silva & mata get referee protection than mata. mata gets fouled a lot and those evil referees just look away because mata plays for man utd. referees don't want to be branded as being bribed by united like the howard webb situation.

How about when Mata was at Chelsea? Did he get little protection then too? Isn't this not the same Mata that divided opinions at chelsea even when stats seem to show he was their best player for 2 consecutive years?

Ibime:
Mata lacks some kind of strength, stamina and ball protection that other small guys have. Mata is a 12 year old playing football with adults.

Nah chelsea fan be dis o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
chic2pimp:

How about when Mata was at Chelsea? Did he get little protection then too? Isn't this not the same Mata that divided opinions at chelsea even when stats seem to show he was their best player for 2 consecutive years?

mata was very solid at chelsea. if he gets fouled, the referees don't hesitate to blow for infringement. besides, the movement of chelsea forwards are very swift & fluid. he doesn't dwell much on the ball to even get caught in possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

mata was very solid at chelsea. if he gets fouled, the referees don't hesitate to blow for infringement. besides, the movement of chelsea forwards are very swift & fluid. he doesn't dwell much on the ball to even get caught in possession.

So why was Mou willing to offload him then? Surely He knows something we don't no?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ibime:

I have to agree with this. If you are a small-sized midfielder you have to be blessed with low center of gravity or body strength or ability to protect the ball. Mata has none of this.....Iniesta always seems to get his marker wrong side of the ball while Silva's instinctive shielding and quicker feet mean he is able to evade tackles and bodies that would trap Mata.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
chic2pimp:

So why was Mou willing to offload him then? Surely He knows something we don't no?

chelsea had to sell players - FFP was coming for them. have you read his last interview. they have to keep selling every season now to balance the books.

he sold luiz too - should we also say luiz is weak little boy who cannot protect the ball? mata was chelsea's best player throughout his time there until mourinho arrived.

how was he their best player for 2 consecutive seasons if he's weak?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

chelsea had to sell players - FFP was coming for them. have you read his last interview. they have to keep selling every season now to balance the books.

he sold luiz too - should we also say luiz is weak little boy who cannot protect the ball? mata was chelsea's best player throughout his time there until mourinho arrived.

Luiz was a weak link in Chelsea and Mou couldnt even play him as a defender rather as a DM, But since he bought a real DM in Matic. Luiz had no use to Chelsea again and the transfer was a welcome one

Same with Mata. Before the sale, Mata was barely playing and Mou criticized him publicly

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by leggo: 10:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
boyo44: House I need your own view on this it sound funny to me
Platini: Ban Ribery for international retirement
UEFA president Michel Platini has called on FIFA
to ban Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich
matches for retiring from international football.
http://m.eurosport.co.uk/football/euro-2016/2016/platini-ban-ribery-for-international-retirement_sto4391914/story.shtml
read in full their
its no secret that Platini is almost as retarded as Blatter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
raumdeuter:
Luiz was a weak link in Chelsea and Mou couldnt even play him as a defender rather as a DM, But since he bought a real DM in Matic. Luiz had no use to Chelsea again and the transfer was a welcome one

this is complete rubbish!
luiz was one of their top performers last season. the reason he had luiz playing in the DM because luiz is an excellent passer of the ball. none of terry or cahill coulda done what luiz did in the midfield for chelsea. matic was cup-tied so luiz had to fill that role in europe.

Same with Mata. Before the sale, Mata was barely playing and Mou criticized him publicly

so how did selling mata help jose last season. he won nothing. hazard criticised his tactics publicly. none of oscar, willian, lampard had the craft mata had & they lost woefully against athletico.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
coogar:

Are you saying chelsea decided to sell mata just to adhere to the FFP rules? Wasnt it more like they saw him as a weakling whose services they could make do without?

Luiz that was being villified from pillar to post. They would have bitten the hands of any team willing to offer £30M never mind 50M.

He was weak because he contributed very little in the big games. When the chips are down Mata is not your man CHIKENA!. For the example Chelsea's run to CL glory in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
chic2pimp:

Are you saying chelsea decided to sell mata just to adhere to the FFP rules? Wasnt it more like they saw him as a weakling whose services they could make do without?

Luiz that was being villified from pillar to post. They would have bitten the hands of any team willing to offer £30M never mind 50M.

He was weak because he contributed very little in the big games. When the chips are down Mata is not your man CHIKENA!. For the example Chelsea's run to CL glory in 2012.

i'd be highly embarrassed to use this point in a debate. chelsea's use of anti-football is what you are hailing as a masterpiece. if barcelona use this style, do you think xavi & iniesta would be heralded as the geniuses they are?

besides, wasn't mata their player of the season in the year you are talking about? chelsea fc must be a nuthouse to have chosen a player that contributed nothing as their best player.

chic2chimp, you are a genius. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 12:00am On Sep 08, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Antell95: cheesy
That's right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by boyo44: 7:13am On Sep 08, 2014
leggo: its no secret that Platini is almost as retarded as Blatter
They are just craze with dier ideology . Hw can u force someone to play for the national team when he said he is done. meaning
Carlos vela
lahm
Nasri
need to be banned too.
Very funny
I remember boateng saying he retired too at d age of 26 b4 been called back. The guy never play a cup of nation for Ghana .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2014
I'm not totally convinced Manchester United have done that well in the recently concluded transfer market. Van Persie, Mata and Rooney have been really disappointing so far, they are just class players by virtue of name only. The quality has been hiked considerably, no doubt, but I just feel the bar could have been raised further with addition of a natural midfield player or two. I'm not feeling so confident yet, till I see improvements on the pitch. Van Gaal should drag them till January, sign better replacements and make our club truly world class again.
And yes, you can call me Oliverine Twist undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2014
If we don't get close to top four by january, LvG should be sacked!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
There's no way Manchester United won't compete for the league this season.

I read somewhere that Diego Costa is just 25? cheesy cheesy cheesy smh vigorously
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
ChristineC: I'm not totally convinced Manchester United have done that well in the recently concluded transfer market. Van Persie, Mata and Rooney have been really disappointing so far, they are just class players by virtue of name only. The quality has been hiked considerably, no doubt, but I just feel the bar could have been raised further with addition of a natural midfield player or two. I'm not feeling so confident yet, till I see improvements on the pitch. Van Gaal should drag them till January, sign better replacements and make our club truly world class again.
And yes, you can call me Oliverine Twist undecided

I share your sentiments, Falcao, Di Maria, herrara, Rooney, Blind, RVP etc will have to prove their worth on the pitch before am convinced.

Yes! Having these guys have somewhat boosted our chance, but we need to see it.

Hopefully after the break we will have almost all our players back and select/formation will be on point to get our first 3points.

SetrakusRa: If we don't get close to top four by january, LvG should be sacked!

And bring who? I'd rather we let LVG see out his first 2 seasons b4 we even start thinking of sacking. Call it double standard, but Moyes was a disaster and he does not have LvG clout/experience/trophies.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1686900_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

the statistical comparison between falcao as a centre forward in athletico(12/13) and costa as a centre forward in athletico(13/14)

costa is a diver & he tends to create more chances. falcao is a poacher, the better dribbler, the better striker that shoots both from inside & outside of the box.

(1) (2) (3) ... (990) (991) (992) (993) (994) (995) (996) ... (14157) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.