Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? (9565 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2012
jason123:

This why why people get angry when PDP paid agents come on NL to chat crap. These people can sell their parents to the highest bidder! No principle or conviction, they all hide under the pretense of intelligence to sway the undiscerning minds!
it is up to the people of edo to decide if they are happy been dragged into huge debts taken from banks for a fountain and a dualization of the road but fact remains this debts do exist(the government itself has not hidden the amount and even listed the banks it was taken from) and it will have to be paid .
What you need to ask was a fountain and a dualization of a overbloated 8 km road worth it when the time comes to pay and where will the funds come from.
Defaulting does not work nowadays ,if that is the solution some think to it as no new industry to make exra income has come from this excessive burrowing.
I warned Nigerians over GEJ and i am now warning against Adams.But if the people decide to re elect him then its up to them and will have to live with his legacy simple as that.
edo state already has one of the highest poverty/unemployment in the south.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 10:16pm On Feb 15, 2012
gaddafe:

I'ii pretend i didn't see this. And i'ii take it that a 7years old kid wrote this jagons on NL.

Food for thought: if i lend a sum of money to open a business and i lend the same sum of money to drink beer, which one is better?

Anyway this thread was actually created so that pdp can console themselves.
i assume you will educate us on the business/industry that the money was invested in?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Beaf: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2012
As far as I am concerned, Osiomole is a very good governor who is doing well for Edo state.

That said, I am appalled at the level of discussion here (if one may dignify it with such a term). Everyone seems to be in a competition to sound more primitively insulting than the last person, few seem able to gain a logical grasp of issues. Most agbero's would be heartened to contribute to such a "discussion."
The way some of our so-called educated folk behave is a real pity and deeply unfortunate.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by iluvnaija: 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2012
Nigerians are really ignorant and ignorance is a desease.
For me lucky was a total failure. I voted oshiomhole thinking edo state will be better, but the amount of money oshiomhole has spent compare to the work done so far, ah! Am disappointed.

The moment he took office he started wasting govt funds by making sure all project done by Osunbor is redone. He's doing that not because the project was bad, but because he doesnt want to see osunbor's footprint in terms of development. He was just playing politics at our own expense.

Let me give you example, before odhiomhole took office akpakpava was already a good road done by Osunbor except for the big roundabout built by 1st and second junction. Oshiomhole retared the road twice, leaving other roads with urgent attention like the twin brother to akpakpava that's forestry road, for me that's stupidity because obviously he is wasting  our money.

The amount of money Oshiomhole has gotten so far, lucky never had it in his 8 years in office. Edo state budget is =N=147 billion for 2012 compare it to lucky's budget. If you think this govt is not sharing money like lucky, ah! you better go back to sleep. Nothing has changed. Have you seen the latest car philip shuabu bought? EXCALADE! How much is his salary?

Make una no dey make noise from another state. There's a new advert running some days ago that boys will have to pay tax whether you are working or not!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Olalekan0(m): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2012
What perpetually baffles me in this country is how some mentally challenged nigerians feel the ACN have a right to embezzle public funds merely because the PDP did same in the past.

Are you guys not being stupid? This was the same Oshiomhole who spent 20B naira to identify ghost workers in the state civil service yet nobody mentioned it here on nairaland.

The current governor of Osun receives approximately 10B naira every month as against his predecessor (oyinlola)'s 2.2B naira,can anyone kindly fill me in on what aregbesola's been able to achieve with this collosal amount?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Thespecialone(m): 11:21pm On Feb 15, 2012
@OP you suffer from a  chronic case of phd syndrome (pull him down) and if you can't provide valid documents or links to support these imaginary claims of yours, then the chances are you are one of them pdp folks.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by OmoTier1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
My only comment is this: If Lucky Igbinedionn had done just 1/4 of what Oshiomole is doing in Edo State, I strongly believe that Edo state would have been so so much better!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Olalekan0(m): 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2012
@ omo tier,Kindly give us a detailed enumeration of what the comrade has done in Edo so his critics can be put to shame.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Gentleboby: 11:40pm On Feb 15, 2012
Who is that person that did not appreciate Oshiomole in Edo ? Go for check up, let forget about party when you travel to Benin from Lagos find Ore town in Ondo State look at the town very well or move to Akure the capital then you will appreciate Oshiomole again and again.

While I compared Ondo State was that both Mimiko and Oshiomole sworn in almost same time and you don't need to read news paper or TV seen is believing and verify from thier people.

When will talk about corruption in Nigeria consider all the oil producing States the more they received money the more people suffering, Take for instants. IGP yesterday said no more Police road block but in Ondo State this evening plenty of road block in-between Ondo State along Benin road as I witness it.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Olalekan0(m): 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Gentleboby,is that all oshiomhole's being eulogised for? Benin-Ore that's a federal road? You're the dumbest of Oshiomhole's supporters,you're simply a clown!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Gentleboby: 11:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
Am not talking about road. If we talk about road no single new road in entire Ondo State till now from mimiko term quote me i repeat it, if you av tell us. in south west we do business.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Olalekan0(m): 11:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Tell me in clear terms, what has he done in Edo state?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Ejine(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2012
I've never seen so many multiple IDs congregated in a thread before.

Oh well *skips off*
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by iluvnaija: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2012
I have never been a pdp supporter and i will never be. somebody should tell oshiomhole to leave federal roads alone and face state and local govt roads because when he spends d state funds on federal roads he'll get the money back from federal govt which will never reflect in state govt account. what is he doing in sapele road that was built by anenih? and if he must work on the road, why start from ringroad and end at 3rd junction roundabout? why not stop at country home junction?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Otses(f): 6:32am On Feb 16, 2012
Pls lets give credit to where it is due, I am not fron Edo state but I schooled there. I was in the state last year for an aptitude test, I was amazed with what I saw, you cannot compare Delta to Edo state in terms of developmet. The Delta state governor has been in power for close to 6yrs and he has nt done anything. What if the Edo state governor had embezelled the money for hiw own use Fine in govt u cannot always score a 100 percent, bt he shld be given a pass mark. We need people lik this in Delta state
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Maross(m): 7:28am On Feb 16, 2012
@ poster, please who and what are you, my haunch is you are a PDP stooge!!!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by texazzpete(m): 8:07am On Feb 16, 2012
Look, we all agree that Oshiomhole is better than Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!). In the history of Nigeria, Lucky Igbinedion (May He be Accursed Forever!) still remains the worst man ever to Govern a state. That is without question.

However, the OP does make so valid points about the spiraling costs used to upgrade the Airport Road. I cannot say i agree with his inclusion of china (with their dirt cheap labour) as a comparison point but the EU remains a valid point of comparison. Building a road is not rocket science and labour costs (and permits) are much more expensive in the EU than in Nigeria. Also, the terrain in Edo State is not challenging at all.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by egift(m): 8:43am On Feb 16, 2012
All I know it that Oshiomole is among the most humble Governors in Nigeria.

If you do not like his policies. Tell us which and tell us what PDP is planning to do. Also stop over beating he borrowed N50 billion for a road. Its becoming stale. I mean Jonathan is borrowing another N1.7 trillion today - we are not beating it around are we?
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by means(m): 9:01am On Feb 16, 2012
@ Poster,
Save ur breath. Oshio is a good gov. His programs touch the poor masses. No matter the campaign of calumny you and ur FIDIFI folks wage against him, Edo people and indeed the common masses like him.
So find something else to do with ur time.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by mumuto: 10:34am On Feb 16, 2012
make una leave oshiomole alone oo. the guy is working at least. Nigerians easily forget the past. osumbor wasnt as efficient during his rule. lets be wise ooo!!! shocked
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by Pa22(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2012
@ranlaen & all Oshiomhole haters, your complaints are highly misplaced! Would you rather live in a Luck-impoverished ancient Benin City/ Edo state than what Oshiomhole has made of it today? Go & make yourselves useful!
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by texazzpete(m): 11:29am On Feb 16, 2012
egift:

All I know it that Oshiomole is among the most humble Governors in Nigeria.

If you do not like his policies. Tell us which and tell us what PDP is planning to do. Also stop over beating he borrowed N50 billion for a road. Its becoming stale. I mean Jonathan is borrowing another N1.7 trillion today - we are not beating it around are we?

Can you explain to me how "Would PDP have done any better" is a logical answer to any question on your Governor's performance?

Oshiomhole is far better than Lucky Igbinedion (Curses be Upon Him!) and any other person from the Party of Pestilence (PDP). but it does not mean he is beyond reproach or anything approaching perfection.

You people need to grow up. The 'would Bleep have done better' is not a logical argument.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by nelsonehi: 11:47am On Feb 16, 2012
Tunder go fire d mouth of any body that vomit rubish against oshomhole. u agent of lucifar , you have eye u cant see.  ogun oba go kill all of una for the cheap scandal aginst our comrade gorvernor. america and europian comunities are owing! oshomhole did not burrow to starsh the morney in swize bank. we see what he is doing with our tax morney.our comrade gorvernor is a pathfinder.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by badesco(m): 12:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
Yes, like his counterpart in Lagos.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by daroz(m): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2012
I just verified from a reliable source that no such thing as the N50B loan by the Edo state Government. So this stup1d poster need to apologise openly to the entire pple of  Edo State, most especially Edo Nairalanders for this missinformation he attempted to sell to the world through this forum, if not that bribed he collected from opposition will turn to fire in his pocket, and infact OGUN OBA(as Nelsonehi already stated grin grin grin) will definately kill him.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by stpat1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 16, 2012
if u were well read and current on political and economic management of a state, then u shuld av known that it will be more financially, economically and politically benefial in the nearest future if a state is well positioned in infrastructural development cos thats the best way to attract direct and indirect investment to d state and also making life easy for the general masses. Lagos state for example, do u know hw much lagos owes in debts, what of rivers? Well i believe if u are not politically motivated to try to win d hearts of d Edo ppl frm d good works of d comrade then u are already buried in the pit of ignorance and illiteracy.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by stpat1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
Nigerians are really ignorant and ignorance is a
desease.
For me lucky was a total failure. I voted oshiomhole
thinking edo state will be better, but the amount of
money oshiomhole has spent compare to the work
done so far, ah! Am disappointed. The moment he took office he started wasting govt
funds by making sure all project done by Osunbor
is redone. He's doing that not because the project
was bad, but because he doesnt want to see
osunbor's footprint in terms of development. He
was just playing politics at our own expense. Let me give you example, before odhiomhole took
office akpakpava was already a good road done by
Osunbor except for the big roundabout built by 1st
and second junction. Oshiomhole retared the road
twice, leaving other roads with urgent attention like
the twin brother to akpakpava that's forestry road, for me that's stupidity because obviously he is
wasting our money. The amount of money Oshiomhole has gotten so
far, lucky never had it in his 8 years in office. Edo
state budget is =N=147 billion for 2012 compare it
to lucky's budget. If you think this govt is not
sharing money like lucky, ah! you better go back to
sleep. Nothing has changed. Have you seen the latest car philip shuabu bought? EXCALADE! How
much is his salary? Make una no dey make noise from another state.
There's a new advert running some days ago that
boys will have to pay tax whether you are working
or not!
U ar tryin to make us think u ar learned by makin others feel ignorant but d truth is dat logically u re either ridiculously ignorant of how a govt is run or u are grossly misinformed by rumour mongers n never do wells.
How u explain d statement dat d govnr worked on an already very good road, and dat he had to do again twice? Does that make sense to u?
Ar u an adult or a kid? Cos sincerely I don't expect an adult publicly display such a heightened level of stupidity
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by drmax(m): 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
Haba, we Edo people are very comfortable with Oshiomole, he has vision and has done alot to address the suffering of Edo people. PDP under Lucky was a monumental failure. Bros, PDP is at work again for by their fruits we shall know them.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2012
in 1 year of office he rose the debt from 4.4b to 18.8b
http://allafrica.com/stories/201001190025.html

From January 2010 to june 2010, Governor Oshiomhole has acquired N5billion from Sky Bank, another N5billion from United Bank of Africa (UBA), N2.2billion from Equatorial Trust Bank (ETB) and N2.9billion from First Bank of Nigeria.

This now 2012 .

The estimate of 40b naira is from open sources that can be reviewed thru announcement and annual banking reports made public.The real amount might be quite higher even.

Those posting denial on the amount are just decieving people who are not willing to research into open source to find out.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by kenimafido: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2012
How much will pdp pay you for blabbing?
Even the blind can see what the comrade is doing. If you are blind at least you can feel.
Your mission is a total failure.
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by ranlaen: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2012
kenimafido:

How much will pdp pay you for blabbing?
Even the blind can see what the comrade is doing. If you are blind at least you can feel.
Your mission is a total failure.

feel what?new industry,new jobs? or the crippling debt grin
Re: Is Oshiomole Bankrupting Edo State? by kl2020: 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2012
who cares? i dont benefit anything from edo state government, if the states likes can owe 100 million dollars, not my business, im not affected in any way

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING News:-Buhari Declares Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist / NJC Recommends Retirement Of 2 Judges, Appointment Of 69 Judicial Officers / George Moghalu Asks Court To Delist Andy Uba As APC Candidate For Anambra Guber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.