Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today (1540 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) / What Are Jesus's Core Moral Teachings And Which Are Unique To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by MyneWhite1(f): 6:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
I have to confess that the older I get, the more this dichotomy between the church and Jesus Christ and his teachings become to me. No, I'm not talking of individual pastors who get into scrapes or scam their members. I'm talking of established denominations and congregations who abide by doctrine that plainly is in opposites to what Christ taught. And it starts from the Priests to the newest member. from beliefs that tithing will get you to heaven, to prosperity preaching that tosses humility and the poor to the wayside.

I sometimes ask myself, what is going on?

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/02/why-i-hate-religion-but-love-jesus.html
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by PastorKun(m): 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2012
A lot of church doctrines today are unbiblical, from catholics calling their preachers father and worshipping mary(even though they claim they just honour her) to pentecostals preaching compulsory tithing from income and inventing new doctrines to suit their promoters everyday.

Surely the church as long drifted away from the core teachings of christ. The good news is that Jesus himself predicted 2000 years ago that this would happen so we shouldn't be suprised. My advice to every christian is to study the core teachings of christ as taught in the gospels and be liberated from all these carnal man made doctrines.
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
What drives me to despair, is that people no longer read the bible more out of laziness than anything else.

We tend to follow so called special MOG and look to them for godly wisdom and direction in our lives.

This is what God has to say about that :

"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

Psalm 146:3 Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save.

Isaiah 2:22 Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?

We should all emulate the Berean Christians.

"Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." - Acts 17:11

"We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne." - Hebrews 12:2
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by Goshen360(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2012
I can't but agree with my two friends and brothers in the Lord, Pastor Kun and Frosbel. They're both wonderful people. Today, the church is messed up by the pulpit and many have come to believe whatever comes from the pulpit without validating from deep study of the word of God.

When the Son of God shall return in His glory, shall he find faith on earth? Because many shall depart and as a matter of fact, many has departed from the true faith, giving heed to seductive spirits and teachings of demons in the pulpits and traditions of men.

"Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons". 1 timothy 4:1 (NLT)

GOD HELP US.
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by walecrox(m): 6:11am On Apr 07, 2012
I'm inspired Frosby, gud tread mhyne
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by Jenwitemi(m): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2012
The BIG question here is; Do you guys even know what christ teachings are? Since you were all born on this planet, you've all been following the church's teachings. Remember that the early church compiled the bible, not Jesus. And 99% of Jesus' teachings have all been removed from the bible pages by the early christian fathers in the process. So my point is, THE AVERAGE CHRISTIANS, DOWN THE MILLENIA, HAVE NEVER KNOWN THE TRUE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST. You all don't have a clue.

BTW, if you wanna know the true teachings of christ, read the apocrypha and the non-canonical gospels. That's where you'll find, at least, some of them. Jesus was edited almost completely out of the bible over the two millenia and the only thing left was just his name. A pity Jesus never wrote or dictated his own book. Christianity would have had a much better credibility. But as it is, christianity of today is one great big JOKE. You've all lost the plot from day 1. I have been saying this thing now for a long time. You guys are now beginning to see it.

Fazit; Jesus Christ and christianity as a religion, have never been one and the same and will never be. The name, JESUS, is nothing more than a christian business LOGO and has always been from day 1. The joke is really on you christians. What irony.
Re: The Difference Between Christ Teachings And The Church Today by chiteny(m): 7:47am On Apr 07, 2012
@OP, you just read my mind. I feel exactly the same way as you feel and I even go to church now only because the bible instructs that we should not forsake the gathering of the brethren. The teaching I hear from the pulpit of the so called MOGs of these days sometimes sends fear and trembling through my spine. And with the way the follower approve and hail them for such "wisdom and insight into the word of God" send even a greater fear and trembling mixed with bewilderment to my spine.

I study the work of God myself, get convinced or convicted on it by myself with the help of the holy spirit, and act on what I believe. I screen all teachings I hear from the pulpit with the word of bible when I go back home to study and if it does not conform to what I study I just throw it away no matter who it is coming from. Some may say the bible is already diluted over the millennia and apocryphal or non-canonical bible is more original, but at least the one we all see and have, let's practice in all sincerity without adding our own. I believe if we do what is written in this one we have (and not just misinterpreted for our individual gain) it is sufficient for us to live a fulfilled christian life.

I guess the whole issue is that people are too lazy now to study the bible for themselves. My pastor looked through my iPad and saw a presentation I made concerning tithing and said I should not follow the advise of who've asks me not to pay tithes. I wanted to (but did not) tell him I don't pay my tithes anymore but thought it wise to leave the discussion for another day (as I know it will take hours between us for such discussion and I was in a hurry to leave for my next appointment). But my stand on this and many other unbiblical truths are clear and can be shown straight from the bible. Many people I confront don't even know why they pay tithes but just because the pastor said one will insure the wrath of God.

I just hope and pray that more people will get to study the word of God and do what God requests than what their MOGs request.

(1) (Reply)

God Of Chosen At It Again!!! Strikes Two Ritual Killers Dead Via Thunder / What Could Make You Stop Believing In God...? / Pope Francis: 'all Animals Go To Heaven'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.