Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. (1901 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by gerald28: 6:46am On Feb 18, 2012
All is ready for Anambra State to join the league of oil-producing states in the country, as Orient Petroleum Resources Plc is to commence the production of crude any moment from now. Chairman, Board of Directors of the company and former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, announced this while inspecting the company’s facilities at Aguleri Otu with Governor Peter Obi, Dr Alex Ekwueme, Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr Emeka Nwoawka, Igwe Peter Anukwu of Mbaukwu and other stakeholders yesterday.

Anyaoku said the company was ready to start production of crude in a couple of weeks, which would mark the first time crude is produced in inland basin in the country. He disclosed that the company’s service contractor had made significant progress in the acquisition of high resolution 3D seismic data over 640 square kilometres of Orient’s oil blocks OPL 915 & 916 to delineate the full extent of the hydrocarbon discoveries and prospects.

The team also inspected the 20-kilometre access road to the oil wells and the 10-kilometre flow line for evacuating crude to a spot at Anambra River basin, from where evacuation of crude will be undertaken by barges to Brass in Bayelsa State.
The company, according to Anyaoku, had equally finalised the detailed engineering and sourced the modules of its 55,000 bpd refinery. It had also completed the geotechnical, geological and hydro-geological surveys and civil engineering works for installation of refinery equipment.

Orient Petroleum had also completed acquisition of seven hectares of land from Kogi State for establishment of depot for distribution of petroleum products from the refinery to the North and other parts of the country.
Conducting the delegation round the facilities, the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum gave assurance that Anambra would soon join the club of oil-producing states. He thanked Governor Obi for his interest in the project and appealed to him to continue to support it. He said the drilling environment conformed to international standards.
Responding, Obi commended the Board of Orient Petroleum for its resilience and determination to bring the project on stream. He said that when functional, the company would, among other things, create employment, fast-track overall development of the host community as well as contribute in strengthening the State and national economy. He assured of continued government support for the project.
Earlier, the Board of Orient Petroleum Plc had paid a courtesy visit to Governor Obi at the Government House before proceeding on the inspection
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by Gsmxpert(m): 7:21am On Feb 18, 2012
Then Massob would also retaliate when mend say our oil angry angry angry angry
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by homerac7: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2012
Good news. Remains Enugu to join because its southern half also sits in d Anambra basin. Don't know if Ebonyi enjoys such prospect too since part of it sits in Cross River basin.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by eunisam: 7:36am On Feb 18, 2012
good move
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by Afam4eva(m): 7:52am On Feb 18, 2012
Nice one. I can't wait for orient to start officially.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by igbo2011(m): 8:00am On Feb 18, 2012
We need to refine and process. We shouldn't just export raw materials and import finished goods. This is a colonial mentality.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by chino11(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2012
Anambra's giant stride. I will visit the refinery site to take some pictures.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by pazienza(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2012
Is this really a good move,i mean,with the current derivation percentage,i thought the oil wells in anambra was supposed to be a 'strategic reserve'. undecided
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by chino11(m): 8:46am On Feb 18, 2012
Ofcourse its a cool move. Obj tagged Anambra's oil discovery 'strategic reserve' just to stunt the grow of Alaigbo. He knows the economic boom oil/gas production and exploration can stir in the SE and beyond.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2012
homerac7:

Good news. Remains Enugu to join because its southern half also sits in d Anambra basin. Don't know if Ebonyi enjoys such prospect too since part of it sits in Cross River basin.

Wow! That will be the best news ever,i mean oil in Enugu and Ebonyi,add this to the one in Anambra and  those  gas reserve in imo,i can't wait for an igbo only speaking country smiley cheesy
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by homerac7: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2012
^

Just stumbled on ds thread validating my theory as already existing.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-873808.0.html#msg10220796
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by pazienza(m): 8:57am On Feb 18, 2012
chino11:

Ofcourse its a cool move. Obj tagged Anambra's oil discovery 'strategic reserve' just to stunt the grow of Alaigbo. He knows the economic boom oil/gas production and exploration can stir in the SE and beyond.

Yeah,i understand now,moreover it won't be easy for the FG to milk off those oil wells like they are doing with the minorities,we need to gain from those crude oil reserves before the world finds an alternative energy source.chai!  oil in igbo hinterland of Anambra and hopefully Enugu and ebonyi will be a huge blow to those minorities shouting" ibo want to steal our oil" ,hehe! grin
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by dejust(m): 9:00am On Feb 18, 2012
Good luck to Anambra state! Enugu state should also pick the courage of doing what Anambra has done since oil deposits have been found in more than two locations in Nsukka area of the state.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil Producing States. by pazienza(m): 11:02am On Feb 18, 2012
homerac7:

^

Just stumbled on ds thread validating my theory as already existing.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-873808.0.html#msg10220796

I checked it out,that's good,am so glad,now we have our own oil,we need to remember those our brothers in bonny grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's History Timeline (with Pictures) - 800B.C - 1999 / Priceless Tibetan 'Buddha' Statue Looted By Nazis Was Carved From Meteorite / How Dare You Nasir El Rufai, Called President Jonathan A Scumbag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.