Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? (3122 Views)

The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / The Sin Against The Holy Spirit: What Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 19, 2012
I'd really like bible-believers on this forum to enlighten me on what specifically is the sin against the holy spirit that cannot be 4givn.i've heard lots of conflicting views dat dont add up.some xtians try 2 avoid dis vital issue dat seals a man's fate here on earth.but sadly,it cannot be avoided cos Jesus himself made dat dreadful statement.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Lasinoh: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2012
Not paying your tithes. . .so it can move the pastors to do their work for God! grin
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Goshen360(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2012
I think it is quench not the spirit and grieve not the spirit but I will try come up with bible verse. It is best for the bible to explain itself,not individual interpretation.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by God2man(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2012
Matthew 12:31-32" Wherefore i say unto you,All manner of sin and blaspemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blashemy against the HolyGhost shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaketh a word against the son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the HolyGhost,it shall not be forgiven him,neither in this world,neither in the world to come."
Now, what is the meaning of blaspemy?
It is an insult, statement, curse, remark against the HolyGhost.
It is slandering the HolyGhost.
It is railing abuse on the HolyGhost.
It is speaking evil of the HolyGhost.
It is attributing to the devil the works of the Holyspirit.
Jesu said: it is unforgivable.
It is even worse if it is done deliberately and knowingly.
This is a warning to all of us, we assume that God always forgive when we sins, we have forgotten that sins are different, some are forgiven, some are not. So, we need to be careful.
Hebrew 10:26-31" For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowlege of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.
But a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two ot three witness: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye,shall he be thought worthy,who hath trodden under foot the son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, where with he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despise unto the SPIRIT of Grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, i will recompense,saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by God2man(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2012
Matthew 12:31-32" Wherefore i say unto you,All manner of sin and blaspemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blashemy against the HolyGhost shall not be forgiven unto men.
And whosoever speaketh a word against the son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the HolyGhost,it shall not be forgiven him,neither in this world,neither in the world to come."
Now, what is the meaning of blaspemy?
It is an insult, statement, curse, remark against the HolyGhost.
It is slandering the HolyGhost.
It is railing abuse on the HolyGhost.
It is speaking evil of the HolyGhost.
It is attributing to the devil the works of the Holyspirit.
Jesu said: it is unforgivable.
It is even worse if it is done deliberately and knowingly.
This is a warning to all of us, we assume that God always forgive when we sins, we have forgotten that sins are different, some are forgiven, some are not. So, we need to be careful.
Hebrew 10:26-31" For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowlege of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.
But a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two ot three witness: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye,shall he be thought worthy,who hath trodden under foot the son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, where with he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despise unto the SPIRIT of Grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, i will recompense,saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by UyiIredia(m): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2012
Sinning against the Holy Spirit. Hmmn . . . it's like a drop of water in an ocean which says the ocean doesn't exist. I think sinning against the Holy Spirit is better understood as an absurdity which is at the root of the debate between atheists, deists & theists. Let's remove the sacredness behind the word Holy Spirit. To that extent, I can yab this Holy Spirit or so. Think of the Holy Spirit as all the humans who had, have or will ever exist. Will you, a fellow human discount their existence simply based on the fact that you don't empirically perceive them (through sight, touch sense & smell) ?
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by numo86(m): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2012
First-century Jewish religious leaders who maliciously opposed Jesus Christ were sinning against the holy spirit. They saw Yahwehs spirit at work in Jesus as he performed miracles that honored Yahweh. Yet, these enemies of Christ attributed this power to Satan the Devil. According to Jesus, those who thus blasphemed against Yahwehs holy spirit were thereby committing a sin that would not be forgiven in the present “world nor in that to come.”—Matthew 12:22-32.
Blasphemy is defamatory, injurious, or abusive speech. Since the holy spirit has Yahweh as its Source, saying things against his spirit is the same as speaking against Yahweh. Unrepentantly resorting to speech of that kind is unforgivable. Jesus’ words about such sin show that Jesus is referring to those who willfully oppose the operation of Yahwehs holy spirit. Because Yahwehs spirit was at work in Jesus his son but his opposers ascribed this power to the Devil, they sinfully blasphemed against the spirit. Hence, Jesus declared: “Whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin.”—Mark 3:20-29.
Consider also the case of Judas Iscariot. He pursued a dishonest course, stealing from the money box entrusted to his care. (John 12:5, 6) Judas later went to the Jewish rulers and arranged to betray Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Yes, Judas felt remorse after the betrayal, but he never repented of his deliberate sin. Consequently, Judas is not worthy of a resurrection. Jesus therefore called him “the son of destruction.”—John 17:12; Matthew 26:14-16.

also the motive, the heart condition, and the degree of willfulness involved in a sin we’ve committed is what determines whether a sin is forgivable or not. We are warned @ (Hebrews 10:26, 27) “If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment.” Also john tells us sometin important @ ” (1 John 5:16)……….
The most important thing is repentance from our wrongdoings no matter how grievous they maybe…the pharisees were unrepentant,judas Iscariot too,……we today should be repentant & turn around, thanks!!!!!
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by eddy1977(m): 5:26am On Feb 20, 2012
the blaspheme against the holy spirit is the only sin not covered by the blood of jesus. what is this sin?

it is the voluntary rejection of the free gift of salvation in jesus christ. when you reject the son of God,then you will have to stand before God on the basis of your own merrits and performance.this is the only sin that God will not forgive you.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 20, 2012
@ god2man,what if a muslim,buddhist,hindu or anybody 4rm other religions speaks against d holy spirit like they often do,does dat mean they'd never be 4givn even after realizing their mistake n repenting??
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 20, 2012
@ god2man,what if a muslim,buddhist,hindu or anybody 4rm other religions speaks against d holy spirit like they often do,does dat mean they'd never be 4givn even after realizing their mistake n repenting??
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by benodic: 8:31am On Feb 20, 2012
It looks like this thread is only for christians. Am i as an ECKIST permitted to contribute? If permitted i will like to say a few words because the whole teachings of ECKANKAR is centered on the Holy Spirit.
Thanks
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by CHARLOE(m): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2012
If u didn't tell me nothing and i told someone u told me so & so, then i've lied against u. Therefore, if the holy spirit didn't speak to u and u come out to say 'd holy spirit told me so & so, then u've lied against d holy spirit'. Alot of pastors are guilty of this.
 Secondly, u come out to say gibberish in the name of speaking in tongues, just to impress men; u know deep down u don't have d gift of speaking in tongues, but u sha want to belong, have u not lied against d holy ghost?
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11am On Feb 20, 2012
eddy1977:

the blaspheme against the holy spirit is the only sin not covered by the blood of jesus. what is this sin?

it is the voluntary rejection of the free gift of salvation in jesus christ. when you reject the son of God,then you will have to stand before God on the basis of your own merrits and performance.this is the only sin that God will not forgive you.

I believe this answers the question.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by numo86(m): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
CHARLOE:

If u didn't tell me nothing and i told someone u told me so & so, then i've lied against u. Therefore, if the holy spirit didn't speak to u and u come out to say 'd holy spirit told me so & so, then u've lied against d holy spirit'. Alot of pastors are guilty of this.
Secondly, u come out to say gibberish in the name of speaking in tongues, just to impress men; u know deep down u don't have d gift of speaking in tongues, but u sha want to belong, have u not lied against d holy ghost?

Oboy shake my hand!!!!!:, u just hit d nail ni,
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Sweetnecta: 1:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^ so those who did the same against Yahweh, Jesus, Angels, even men, they will be forgiven while doing just the same against the Holy Spirit, they will not?

Why? Is it because the Holy Spirit cant talk? Is it because the Holy Spirit has not station, position, etc? What? I need to know.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by buzugee(m): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
eddy1977:

Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
Christianity sha grin grin
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by stepo707: 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
It s a lot more than what we think. It is not common but they certainly are a few people that fall into this category!
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by God2man(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Berretta92 The answer is yes, according to the book of matthew, however, we need to Know that mercy rejoice against judgement, God said, i will have mercy on whom i will have mercy. So, mercy is not for everybody. God in his sovereignty has the final say. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by UyiIredia(m): 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
benodic:

It looks like this thread is only for christians. Am i as an ECKIST permitted to contribute? If permitted i will like to say a few words because the whole teachings of ECKANKAR is centered on the Holy Spirit.
Thanks

Please contribute.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ benodic,abeg u're free 2 contribute ur quota.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ god2man,dat'd mean dat several infidels to xtianity esp muslims here in nigeria are already doomed 4 eternity.now,dat's real,real hard.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by benodic: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the invitation as otherwise i would not have liked to intrude.

Before one can talk about what a sin against the Holy Spirit is you have to first of all know what the Holy Spirit is and Its purpose.

The Holy Spirit is the Essence of God through which we can experience God and have an understanding of God. It is the life force through which God created all things in existence. In It we live, move and have our being. The Holy Spirit can be seen as light and heard as sound. This was duly reported in the Holy Bible during the pentecost when the Apostles saw it as tongues of fire and heard it as a sound of rushing wind.
In ECKANKAR, We call the Holy Spirit, The ECK. ANKAR means The Way.
ECKANKAR simply meaning The Way of the Holy Spirit

The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to lead all souls to the truth about itself and about God. That is why Most masters point out the importance of a soul being linked up to the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit gradually exposes each soul to Truth according to its capacity to grasp and understand it and when that soul becomes fully matured, It takes that soul back home to God to receive its mission to become a Co- Worker with God in any of the mansions of God.

So a sin against the Holy Spirit that can not be forgiven both here and in the world beyond is when another soul interfers with the work of the Holy Spirit in any soul thereby removing that soul from the inner path that leads back to God.

It is a very serious offence in spiritual matters. The consequences is that you have to keep on reincarnating with that particular soul until you repair the spiritual damage you did. It then becomes your spiritual responsibility to return that soul to the original spiritual state you found him in, no matter how many lifetimes it takes.

That is why the practice of the principle of non-interference is important. You have to first remove the log in your own eyes by working first on your own spiritual growth and leave others alone to grow at their own pace.

Every soul is on their own spiritual journey and the Holy Spirit is in touch with everyone guiding them on their own path back to God.
Ignorance of the spiritual laws of life is not an excuse at all. 

thanks
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by UyiIredia(m): 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
benodic:

Thanks for the invitation as otherwise i would not have liked to intrude.

Before one can talk about what a sin against the Holy Spirit is you have to first of all know what the Holy Spirit is and Its purpose.

The Holy Spirit is the Essence of God through which we can experience God and have an understanding of God. It is the life force through which God created all things in existence. In It we live, move and have our being. The Holy Spirit can be seen as light and heard as sound. This was duly reported in the Holy Bible during the pentecost when the Apostles saw it as tongues of fire and heard it as a sound of rushing wind.
In ECKANKAR, We call the Holy Spirit, The ECK. ANKAR means The Way.
ECKANKAR simply meaning The Way of the Holy Spirit

The purpose of the Holy Spirit is to lead all souls to the truth about itself and about God. That is why Most masters point out the importance of a soul being linked up to the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit gradually exposes each soul to Truth according to its capacity to grasp and understand it and when that soul becomes fully matured, It takes that soul back home to God to receive its mission to become a Co- Worker with God in any of the mansions of God.

So a sin against the Holy Spirit that can not be forgiven both here and in the world beyond [b]is when another soul interfers with the work of the Holy Spirit in any soul [/b]thereby removing that soul from the inner path that leads back to God.

It is a very serious offence in spiritual matters. The consequences is that you have to keep on reincarnating with that particular soul until you repair the spiritual damage you did. It then becomes your spiritual responsibility to return that soul to the original spiritual state you found him in, no matter how many lifetimes it takes.

That is why the practice of the principle of non-interference is important. You have to first remove the log in your own eyes by working first on your own spiritual growth and leave others alone to grow at their own pace.

Every soul is on their own spiritual journey and the Holy Spirit is in touch with everyone guiding them on their own path back to God.
Ignorance of the spiritual laws of life is not an excuse at all. 

thanks

Lovely ! I think the problem is doing this, especially the bolded. Who says the Holy Spirit isn't at work in atheists ?
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by benodic: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ uyi iredia

Lovely ! I think the problem is doing this,
especially the bolded. Who says the Holy
Spirit isn't at work in atheists ?

The Holy Spirit is active in every soul. It does not matter the tribe or religion or even lack of religion. Whether you believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit or not does not matter at all. The Holy spirit works with soul according to its level of spiritual maturity and understanding. It will never reveal to you any Truth that you are not yet spiritually matured enough to handle.
The only problem soul has is being able to open itself to receive and understand the guidance that comes from the Holy Spirit. Because many are still spiritually blind and deaf and cannot see the light nor hear the sound of the Holy Spirit.
It takes mostly a loving heart and a child-like attitude to tune in to the Holy Spirit. Doing a Spiritual Exercise can help soul achieve this.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by UyiIredia(m): 1:49am On Feb 21, 2012
benodic:

@ uyi iredia

The Holy Spirit is active in every soul. It does not matter the tribe or religion or even lack of religion. Whether you believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit or not does not matter at all. The Holy spirit works with soul according to its level of spiritual maturity and understanding. It will never reveal to you any Truth that you are not yet spiritually matured enough to handle.
The only problem soul has is being able to open itself to receive and understand the guidance that comes from the Holy Spirit. Because many are still spiritually blind and deaf and cannot see the light nor hear the sound of the Holy Spirit.
It takes mostly a loving heart and a child-like attitude to tune in to the Holy Spirit. Doing a Spiritual Exercise can help soul achieve this.

Allow me to blaspheme for a moment: I have tuned into the Holy Spirit. It's kind of like The Matrix where Neo saw reality in a different way. I think the Holy Spirit can never be fully understood. One can see the Holy Spirit in even the most mundane things & all one can do is just soak it in.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by benodic: 7:20am On Feb 21, 2012
@ uyi iredia

Allow me to blaspheme for a moment: I
have tuned into the Holy Spirit. It's kind of
like The Matrix where Neo saw reality in a
different way.

you are really a very funny soul. Blaspheme indeed.
Without knowing it you are quite closer to It than those who claim to know. When you look at life through the matrix of the Holy Spirit, reality takes a whole new meaning and you can not help but give love to all life because your nature becomes pure love and pure love alone.

I think the Holy Spirit can
never be fully understood.
nothing of God can be fully understood with the human mind. You have to let go of all your bias, prejudices, preconceived notions and surrender yourself like a child to It. Then you will experience the full glory of the Holy Spirit

One can see the
Holy Spirit in even the most mundane things
& all one can do is just soak it in.

like i said before you are quite closer to the reality than most people who claim to know. The Holy Spirit is even in the most mundane things. It fills all space and permeates all beings.
If your spiritual eye opens what you will see around you is a wide expanse of light that stretches from eternity to eternity linking all souls together. Within that wide expanse of light all life is immersed in it and without it all life can not exist.

We are all connected to each other through the Holy Spirit that is why Soul to Soul inner communication is possible between souls who love each other. There is no division and no separation between one soul and another. All the divisions and separations are in our minds. Our minds are the obstacles.

When you are able to rise above the mind and awaken as soul you will find that life takes a whole new meaning and it becomes easy to love the atheists, the christian, the muslim, the buddhists, your so called enemies. Because we are all one. souls made in the image and likeness of God and the only difference between one soul and another is in the degree of spiritual awakening.

How aware that soul is of his divine nature and of his oneness to all life. This then determines how he interacts with other souls.
This is the reason i find it very easy to give love to all around me. Even with those who disagree with me or those who want to harm.
So my dear these are things you have to experience for yourself to become a knower. When you are ready.

thanks
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 21, 2012
@ benodic,thnks. @uyi,are u an atheist?
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by UyiIredia(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
Beretta92:

@ benodic,thnks.     @uyi,are u an atheist?

First & foremost a Christian. Then a pantheist in this sense: I understand that God is apprehended to various levels by lots of religions & philosophies which abound the memosphere. Put together, I describe myself as a Christian pantheist
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by benodic: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ Uyi Iredia

First & foremost a Christian. Then a pantheist in this sense: I understand that God is apprehended to various levels by lots of religions & philosophies which abound the memosphere. Put together, I describe myself as a Christian pantheist

i am always glad to interact with a Soul with an open mind.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by sammay14: 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
Berretta92, let shed light on what God2man had before. When you are talking of Sin again the Holy Spirit, is like when someone who had been born before backslides and begi n to speak all sorts of word (blasphemies) against the Holy Spirit, he will not be forgiven because he had had the knowledge about HIM before.

But on the other side, like those you mentioned, if they repent from their sins they would be forgiven because they did it in ignorant. They were short of the knowledge of Christ when they were committing such blasphemies. "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out". John 6:37.

That is why if you are born again pls don't draw because is dangerous."But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul". Hebrews 10:39. But if, give your life Christ and be born. "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". John 3:3.

Thank you.
Re: What Is The Sin Against The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2012
I've good news. If u worry that u have committed th unpardonable sin, it's one of the clearest signs u haven’t simurl.com/dernip pg60[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Divine Big Bang According To The Qur'an / Sunny Ade's Song 'Ai 'Ma Siko' Sung By A Youth Indian Choir! / Believing In JESUS Also Means Believing In His Teachings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.