Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,007 members, 7,852,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:04 PM

Nigerians: When Shedding Crocodile Tears Is Not Enough! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: When Shedding Crocodile Tears Is Not Enough! (839 Views)

Dino Melaye To Nigerians- When I Am Ready, Una Go See My Made In Nigeria Wife / Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears After Polarizing Nigerians – APC / Unity: Jonathan Shedding Crocodile Tears – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians: When Shedding Crocodile Tears Is Not Enough! by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 21, 2007
when God created the Nigerian, he must have done so to provide some form of comic relief.
As expected, Coach theophilus Adeyemi Tella has passed on and the very people who abandoned him to his fate are back in the forefront promising, pledging, releasing statements, vowing and of course shedding crocodile tears.

According to the Nigerian sunday guardian: "Former Nigerian Football Association (NFA) scribe Fanny Amu, who was a student of the late tactician at the Nigeria Institute for Sports (NIS), wept uncontrollably yesterday when called on phone. He, however, declined comments on the deceased, saying he was yet to believe the coach had died."

This was the same Fanny Amun who did not bother to show up all the two weeks Coach Tella was at LUTH, the same Amun who is part of the NFA that claimed a lack of funds for their inability to fly Tella abroad for treatment. Yes it is the same Amun who is now "weeping uncontrollably" as if that will automatically wake Tella up from the grave.
when will Amun believe that the coach has died? When he touches the hands and feet of the deceased? Perhaps Amun is waiting to offer Tella another coaching job.
Re: Nigerians: When Shedding Crocodile Tears Is Not Enough! by almondjoy(f): 6:21am On Oct 21, 2007
davidylan:

when God created the Nigerian, he must have done so to provide some form of comic relief.

As expected, Coach theophilus Adeyemi Tella has passed on and the very people who abandoned him to his fate are back in the forefront promising, pledging, releasing statements, vowing and of course shedding crocodile tears.

According to the Nigerian sunday guardian: "Former Nigerian Football Association (NFA) scribe Fanny Amu, who was a student of the late tactician at the Nigeria Institute for Sports (NIS), wept uncontrollably yesterday when called on phone. He, however, declined comments on the deceased, saying he was yet to believe the coach had died."

This was the same Fanny Amun who did not bother to show up all the two weeks Coach Tella was at LUTH, the same Amun who is part of the NFA that claimed a lack of funds for their inability to fly Tella abroad for treatment. Yes it is the same Amun who is now "weeping uncontrollably" as if that will automatically wake Tella up from the grave.
when will Amun believe that the coach has died? When he touches the hands and feet of the deceased? Perhaps Amun is waiting to offer Tella another coaching job.

My sentiments exactly!  What a sick joke! cheesy  Usually from what I see in Nigerian home videos---the chief mourner who cries the loudest and most uncontrollably usually errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr------you get my drift.  I do not want anyone to misquote me, so I will leave it at that.  Since this topic involves the death of someone's relative, I don't want to sound insensitive. tongue
Re: Nigerians: When Shedding Crocodile Tears Is Not Enough! by Mustay(m): 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2007
@ david

my same thots on the NIgeria syndrome but

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) yesterday described former Acting Secretary General of the Association, Fanny Amun, as a compulsive, pathological liar who should never be taken serious on any issue.

Reacting to Amun's allegation that he was used by the then Director of Sports in the former sports ministry (now National Sports Commission, NSC, Director General), Dr. Amos Adamu to remove the former NFA Chairman, Ibrahim Galadima, from office, NFA spokesman, Ademola Olajire, who fired back at the former Golden Eaglets' coach, said he was simply telling tales after his employers duly sacked him for absconding from work.

"It has come to our notice that Fanny Amun has been spreading diabolical rumours and hate literature about highly-placed sports administrators in this country, as well as some top officials of the FA. He is the architect of his own misfortunes. His woes have nothing to do with the NFA.

"If Amun knew former chairman Ibrahim Galadima is 'one of the most sincere human beings' he has ever seen, how come he worked against the man? He is claiming credit not due to him. The system, through due democratic process as enshrined in the Statutes, pushed out Galadima, not Fanny Amun or any individual," Olajire said.

He added: "Amun's tirades are unfortunate. What are his qualifications to become the Secretary General of NFA? He got as far as he did because some people, who he is now attacking, helped him. He is being utterly mischievous, and will not achieve any result with this level of blackmail.

"When the position was advertised, why didn't Amun apply? He was well aware of his shortcomings, perhaps. He was deployed back to the National Sports Commission but he never showed up in the office and was sacked. Whatever he is saying now, amounts to crying over spilt milk."

Reiterating their support for Dr. Adamu, Olajire said: "The NFA believes in the leadership of Dr Amos Adamu, he being one of few Africans in the FIFA Executive Committee. We cherish his positions and achievements and shall continue to uphold his great leadership role as an African leader in football matters".

Speaking at a press conference in Lagos last Tuesday, Amun said that he was not sacked but resigned form the federal civil service effect from October 30, 2007.

"I was asked to cooperate with the ministry (of sports) to remove Galadima. I was also promised that I would be confirmed as the substantive secretary general of the NFA. It was after the removal of Galadima and the election of a new board that it became clear that the ministry would no longer honour the agreement. So I was used and dumped," Amun said.

it is rather unfortunate that people always wait till the worst happens before they know that they were used.a person of Amun's class should know better who is good and who is bad and stop deceiving about being used.if Galdima was a good person like he said,why work against him?

(1) (Reply)

Mko Abiola's Death: Fg Offers Family $650,000 Compesation / You Really Have To See This- - - - - -sharia Judge On Rape. . . . / Lagos Demolition: Fashola Unfair - Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.