Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It (1096 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by gunshin: 3:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hello guys,
Having attended Baptism of Holy Spirit Class at Winners Chapel, my wife has possesed the spirit of speaking in tongues and even prophesying in tonges too since October 2011 but i do not want that at all - the whole thing looks very strange to me, she herself has become a strange person to me, it scares me whenever she starts all those syllables of speaking in unknown tongues, even at some points, she goes in spirit.
As for me, I DON'T WANT ALL OF THESE AT ALL. HOW CAN SHE DO AWAY WITH ALL THAT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT AT ALL. Since she got that 'supposedly spirit of tongues' , i have never been sexually attracted to her again, our home has changed from being lively, bubbling to very moody one - is that how holy spirit works? Also, my haome has been experiencing all forms of unrest or the other between myself and her. Also, i am scared of loosing her to prophetic ministry.
I am a Baptist by denomination but she is a Winner. Because of this, i have instructed her to leave the church and start coming to my own church.
Please house, what is ur opinion. I want bthat spirit to leave her. Please, i don't want any abusive statement, be polite in ur answer.
Thank you.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Joagbaje(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
You cant sop her. You have no right to stop her. If you use you office to force her, it's an abuse of office as husband. You should rather desire the move if the spirit too. Aftersll every christian ought to speak in Tongues ,
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by dare2think: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

You cant sop her. [b]You have no right to stop her. [/b]If you use you office to force her, it's an abuse of office as husband. You should rather desire the move if the spirit too. Aftersll every christian ought to speak in Tongues ,

ha ha  ha ha ha ha

LOL, Joagbaje, I swear you must  have been a comedian in a past life. I mean seriously!!!!

So, who has the right? You? Oyedepo?

@Poster,

It is within [b]your right [/b]to direct the affairs of your family in whichever way you deem fit.

Dont let some fraudulent institution come between you and your wife.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by oloriooko(m): 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ poster

are you sure you were ripe for marriage before you went into it? how can you bring your personal matters onto this kind of forum where vultures and foxes are looking for ways to tear down many?

if you understand the power of union you will never do this. so its your problem, deal with it.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Image123(m): 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
@OP.
Surprise suprise. You are jealous of your wife. You're so jealous you'd immediately deny. You may not even know. But now you know, so quit being jealous. Okay, you also need the baptism of the Holy Spirit, it's a sweet sweet Spirit.
On the other hand, your wife needs to remember that she's still a human, with human responsibilities. From your story, she's disconnected from reality. She needs to find a balance. You may see her pastor and explain issues to him. He can sit her down and help her. The path of force you're treading won't work. She'll see PERSECUTION all over. She'll look for grace to 'stand', and your home may be worse for it. So pray for your family, make greater effort than ever to LOVE your wife, and meet her ogas(na dem she go quick hear for now. To her, you no spirishual reach).
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Chuksxp: 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
gunshin:

Hello guys,
Having attended Baptism of Holy Spirit Class at Winners Chapel, my wife has possesed the spirit of speaking in tongues and even prophesying in tonges too since October 2011 but i do not want that at all - the whole thing looks very strange to me, she herself has become a strange person to me, it scares me whenever she starts all those syllables of speaking in unknown tongues, even at some points, she goes in spirit.
As for me, I DON'T WANT ALL OF THESE AT ALL. HOW CAN SHE DO AWAY WITH ALL THAT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT AT ALL. Since she got that 'supposedly spirit of tongues' , i have never been sexually attracted to her again, our home has changed from being lively, bubbling to very moody one - is that how holy spirit works? Also, my haome has been experiencing all forms of unrest or the other between myself and her.  Also, i am scared of loosing her to prophetic ministry.
I am a Baptist by denomination but she is a Winner. Because of this, i have instructed her to leave the church and start coming to my own church.
Please house, what is ur opinion. I want bthat spirit to leave her. Please, i don't want any abusive statement, be polite in ur answer.
Thank you.

I think the best you can do is keep her in your prayers. Ask God to change her heart. I agree with the latter half of what Image123 wrote. Don't try to force her, rather call for a meeting with some elders in her Church and some elders from your church. Do everything gently and in love. I pray all works out fine.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 1:55am On Feb 21, 2012
Ofedepo sent you here to come advertise his "Baptism of Holy Spirit Class at Winners Chapel" shey?. You liar!
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 21, 2012
gunshin:

Hello guys,
As for me, I DON'T WANT ALL OF THESE AT ALL. HOW CAN SHE DO AWAY WITH ALL THAT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT AT ALL. Since she got that 'supposedly spirit of tongues' , i have never been sexually attracted to her again, our home has changed from being lively, bubbling to very moody one - is that how holy spirit works? Also, my haome has been experiencing all forms of unrest or the other between myself and her. Also, i am scared of loosing her to prophetic ministry.
Thank you.
You are the owner of the house. You have to exercise your authority but not like a dictator would. Explain in clear terms to her how difficult it is for you to accept her new 'tongues'. If she's understanding, she wouldn't do that when you're around. Probably limit it to when she's in church. My dad had the same issue with my mom. That's how it was solved. This verse may help you.

1 Corinthians 14
18 I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you; 19nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind, in order to instruct others also, than ten thousand words in a tongue.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by numo86(m): 6:52am On Feb 21, 2012
@poster, which tongue is ur wife speaking in?
Efik?
Urhobo?
Turkish?
German?
French?
Chinese?
Swahili?
hindi?
Polish?
Spanish??

OR

Shintarabapopopopoblablapoopoootatatkukukukukukukpepepepepepeptitititititititiititititkakakakakakakakakakakakakakamememememememememememmememe?'''''''@@@@/////??

Abeg which tongues she dey speak,
Can u please just tel ur wife to cultivate each aspect of d fruit of GODs holy spirit as found @ galatians 5:22-23, , tell her politely & from d scriptures that if she aint speaking in any language that can be recognised & understood to the benefit of others then she aint saying nothing,
Tell her that if her speakin in tongues cant be interpreted to benefit even u closest to her then she should kindly keep quiet, just take ur wife to 1 corinthians 14 & read it with her & kindly ask her what she is realy speaking??,
Do all of these politely oooooooo if not fight fit commot, lol, But tel her d truth, as d man of d house u suppose get bible knowledge pass her, so do that
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Joagbaje(m): 7:17am On Feb 21, 2012
dare2think:

ha ha  ha ha ha ha

LOL, Joagbaje, I swear you must  have been a comedian in a past life. I mean seriously!!!!

So, who has the right? You? Oyedepo?

@Poster,

It is within [b]your right [/b]to direct the affairs of your family in whichever way you deem fit.

Dont let some fraudulent institution come between you and your wife

Speaking in tongues and prophecy are not family affairs. It's a spiritual affair . when you get to know the holyghost ,your story will change cool
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by dare2think: 10:04am On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

Speaking in tongues and prophecy are not family affairs. It's a spiritual affair . when you get to know the holyghost ,your story will change cool

Ha ha, Of course it will. You get another mug to feed more 'spiritual' nonsense.

Imagine telling a man he has 'no rights' in his wife's affairs.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by stepo707: 10:19am On Feb 21, 2012
Interesting.I suggest you call her to order before things get worse! my 2 cents
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by gunshin: 10:31am On Feb 21, 2012
I thank you all for all ur advice. However, some still were bent on insulting me and my opinion. I feel and i believe i strongly need a help, that is why i put across this and as such, u need to provide a help as i rightly said in a very courteous and respectful manner not to be calling me Anti-Christ or devil or start insulting my personality. Please, i welcome those who have helpful advice not the other way.
Thank you
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ignore the deceitful pastor. On another thread, he will say there's hierarchy in spiritual matters. Ignore the spiritual bigots. Wish you the best in the handling of your marital affairs,
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by chiteny(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
Speaking in tongues and prophecy are not family affairs. It's a spiritual affair . when you get to know the holyghost ,your story will change

. . . . and when such tears apart a home, it is approved by God abi?

I go with the advice of mosquito grin, and if she does not listen, both of you should seek counsel with a pastor, probably her pastor.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Get Daddy Adeboye Tel. Nø / Do Whiteman Believe In Juju / Tb Joshua - Scoan Visit ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.