Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) (3404 Views)

Olumba's Supreme Temple Calabar: God's Third And Last Temple Will Be In Calabar / I Am The Pinnacle Of Five Billion Years Worth Of Evolution. I Don't Need God / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 9:09am On Feb 21, 2012
Did the Devil Really Transport Jesus Up to a Pinnacle of the Temple and Later Show Him the Kingdoms of the World?

Matt 4:5 and 8
Discuss
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Lasinoh: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2012
Who cares?
Satan has more converts and keeps winning the battle everyday amongst the so-called "Christians"!
Ho-ha!!! cheesy
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2012
Lasinoh:

Who cares?
Satan has more converts and keep winning the battle everyday amongst the so-called "Christians"!
Ho-ha!!! cheesy
Dont be too sure! The battle just began.He sure will loose the battle and will be bounded for a 1000years.cheers
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Joagbaje(m): 11:34am On Feb 21, 2012
They didn't go to the temple.Jesus was tempted in his heart just as we are.

James 1:14
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Hebrews 4:15
. . . but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

. . . but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

I'm not sure i follow.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
You dont need to follow. Thats the Matt. 4:5 the new loveworld version.

Matt 4:5
Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.

People with a holy book of which they know little about its history trying to interprete and twist its meaning,
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Thatdave(m): 12:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
Satan too has powers
dont under estimate the devil.
He can show you paradise then get you to bomb yourself and others!
This will be a condemnation on your soul and will perpertually stop you from entering paradise!
That was the trap Jesus evaded.
Same trap bombers fall for.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Thatdave(m): 12:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
Thatdave:

Satan too has powers
dont under estimate the devil.
He can show you paradise then get you to bomb yourself and others!
This will be a condemnation on your soul and will perpertually stop you from entering paradise!
That was the trap Jesus evaded.
Same trap bombers fall for.
yes the devil took him there. So whats your obsession with that?
He was a great teacher.
If he had refused the invitation we wouldnt have known how powerless the devil can be if you confront him with the word of God.
My best moment was when Jesus responded like a big boy - 'thou shalt not tempt the lord your God'
chai!
Just imagine the swagz!
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Lasinoh: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
stepo707:

Dont be too sure! The battle just began.He sure will loose the battle and will be bounded for a 1000years.cheers

Good. So far the winner is Satan. You and I will not live to see 1000years.
Jeers! kiss

You don lose!
You don lose!
You don lose!
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
musKeeto:

You dont need to follow. Thats the Matt. 4:5 the new loveworld version.

Matt 4:5
Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.

People with a holy book of which they know little about its history trying to interprete and twist its meaning,

Its written clearly there that the devil took jesus to the holy city.What i dont understand is how that is possible it is for the devil to take Christ up? I see something wrong there.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lasinoh:

Good. So far the winner is Satan. You and I will not live to see 1000years.
Jeers! kiss

You don lose!
You don lose!
You don lose!

I am a winner! Dont worry redemption is on the way for you.Am here to help you if you need me. kiss
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Joagbaje(m): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2012
@stepo707
stepo707:

Its written clearly there that the devil took jesus to the holy city.What i dont understand is how that is possible it is for the devil to take Christ up? I see something wrong there.

So the devil carried Jesus on his shoulder ? cool Far from it. of course something is really wrong there.

The temptation of Jesus took place in th wilderness . He didn't come out of wilderness until his fading and temptation was over. The temptation were in the realm of the soul and thoughts . Jesus didn't climb the temple to jump down . He imagined it.

Th devil also showed him the kingdom of the world . How did he do that ? . They flew in a jet plane round the globe in 80 minutes?. No.

It was in the realm of the mind. Satan has access to suggest thoughts and imagination to our minds. We counter it with Gods word.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 4:00pm On Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for the clarification.I could just imagine how it happened.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Joagbaje(m): 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
cool
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by UyiIredia(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
It's difficult to be 2 things at the same time. Ho i possible !
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Sweetnecta: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Joagbaje: « #11 on: Today at 02:59:47 PM »
[Quote]So the devil carried Jesus on his shoulder ? Cool Far from it. of course something is really wrong there.[/Quote]You see this as demeaning. But this below you don't see as even equally demeaning?[Quote]Posted by: Joagbaje
Insert Quote
. . . but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.[/Quote]

[Quote]The temptation of Jesus took place in th wilderness . He didn't come out of wilderness until his fading and temptation was over. The temptation were in the realm of the soul and thoughts .[/Quote]And what is imagined in the heart is as if done said Jesus of the Bible as in the lust of the heart is as if acted already.

[Quote]Jesus didn't climb the temple to jump down . He imagined it.[/Quote]Imagine people who imagined they are in sex.ual intercourse, meaning lusting? What did Jesus say about this?

[Quote]Th devil also showed him the kingdom of the world . How did he do that ?[/Quote]This is very shameful if there is a God that His handwork, satan can demean like that. Is that a God, really and is that satan not greater than that God?

[Quote]They flew in a jet plane round the globe in 80 minutes?. No.
[b]It was in the realm of the mind. Satan has access to suggest thoughts and imagination to our minds[/b].[/Quote]This is truly an insult on God if Jesus was God. Even a prophet of God has been abandoned if satan is allowed to rule him as the bibles suggest that satan did upon Jesus.

[Quote] We counter it with Gods word.[/Quote]You can't counter it it with God's word because if you see above, satan is actually doing the exact same overlord on Jesus your God.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

@stepo707
So the devil carried Jesus on his shoulder ? cool Far from it. of course something is really wrong there.

The temptation of Jesus took place in th wilderness . He didn't come out of wilderness until his fading and temptation was over. The temptation were in the realm of the soul and thoughts . Jesus didn't climb the temple to jump down . He imagined it.

Th devil also showed him the kingdom of the world . How did he do that ? . They flew in a jet plane round the globe in 80 minutes?. No.

It was in the realm of the mind. Satan has access to suggest thoughts and imagination to our minds. We counter it with Gods word.

And the Bible didn't state that clearly, like it did in other Scriptures e.g Peter's vision? Are you trying to rationalise the scripture by making joagbatic inferences? The story you put up above, is it an exact representation of what's in the Bible?

Satan has access to suggest thoughts and imagination? Is this in your Bible?
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Joagbaje(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
Proverbs 26:4
. . .Answer not a fool according to his folly,lest thou also be like unto him.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I should have taken that advice. No man of honor argues with a mad man,
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 3:35pm On Feb 22, 2012
Joagbaje:

Proverbs 26:4
. . .Answer not a fool according to his folly,lest thou also be like unto him.

grin grin grin

musKeeto:

Yeah, I should have taken that advice. No man of honor argues with a mad man,

grin grin grin
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Observer1: 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
every of ur evil thoughts is = devil

every of ur good thoughts is =God

what took jesus was evil thoughts which is seen as devil.

the bible should be read as a metaphur for u unstand it.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 23, 2012
The Bible should be read as a metaphor for these stories
- Jesus temptation
- Noah's ark
- Jonah's whale abi,
In summary, every part that sounds lke a fairytale should be read as a metaphor,

Maybe you guys will keep twisting Scriptures so that they become more updated and relevant to a changing world. Or leave them the way they are but change their interpretations. Afterall, years back, no preacher would have the guts to say masturbation is not a sin ;-). Enjoy the freedom science, knowledge and development is giving you.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by Observer1: 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
@muskeeto
if u r ref to me,saying about metaphor.
4 ur info i blive in god and jesus,but in the
bible no i dont,.

the original word ws in hebrew not in english
most words were misinterpreted and bside many
accounts were reserved only to the elects.

the junks are giving to average joe's.do u know
tht there is a bible sold in the mket 4 over a million dollars,
do u wonder why?.
Re: Did The Devil Really Transport Jesus Up To A Pinnacle Of The Temple (matt 4:5,8) by stepo707: 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
Observer1:

@muskeeto
if u r ref to me,saying about metaphor.
4 ur info i blive in god and jesus,but in the
bible no i dont,.

the original word ws in hebrew not in english
most words were misinterpreted and bside
many
accounts were reserved only to the elects.

the junks are giving to average joe's.do u know
tht there is a bible sold in the mket 4 over a million dollars,
do u wonder why?.

Thats exactly what happened in the bible.so many misinterpretation.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A True Disciple Of Jesus Christ / How The World's Most Notorious Atheist Became A Believer In God / Satan How Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.