Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,085 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec: Work Or Be Asked To Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec: Work Or Be Asked To Leave (894 Views)

Buhari Postpones Emergency FEC Meeting Till Monday / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / Aviation Minister Mocked Jonathan; Rides Bicycle To FEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec: Work Or Be Asked To Leave by executinal(m): 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
President Jonathan Spits Fire to FEC; Work or Be Asked To Leave
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday advised members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) interested in 2015, to resign from his cabinet.

He also warned chieftains of the party to avoid discreet meetings on 2015, saying they were distractions to governance.

The president spoke amidst growing concerns that the gains accruable from the removal of fuel subsidy, as encapsulated in the blueprint for Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, might be pretty difficult to achieve.

He made this known at the 58th Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting held at its national secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Abuja.

“Let me plead with those who are interested in the general elections in 2015. I have noticed that some people have just started meetings. It is too early to hold meetings.

“The idea is that people who were elected into offices as governors and president be given some time to work. In a situation whereby a governor has not even stayed for a year, the president has not stayed for a year and you started harassing people for 2015, is another way of saying everything is about elections.

“There must be time to work. At the federal level, if you are holding a political office and I notice that you are involved in meetings for 2015 election, I will ask you to leave and go and hold your meetings because that meeting is too early; government must not be distracted.

“Nigerians are interested on what we put on ground for them and not how many elections we conduct and win,” the president said.
Source http://www.naijapundit.com/news/president-jonathan-spits-fire-to-fec-work-or-be-asked-to-leave

Re: President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec: Work Or Be Asked To Leave by kokoA(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na who GEJ the blow kiss to for dat picture? grin
Re: President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec: Work Or Be Asked To Leave by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
Fire of diplomacy? grin
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPovV1XkMubWPYddirIqSAhoTvXb_d1Km_P91wGZ4W1z_RIh5IxA[/img]

President Jonathan Spits Fire To Fec = "Let me plead with those who are interested in the general elections in 2015. I have noticed that some people have just started meetings. It is too early to hold meetings"

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Essence Of Celebrating Workers' Day? / Open Letter To Governor Sullivan Chime / Give Boko Haram Contracts Like You Gave Delta Militants-arewa Chieftain, Suleima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.