Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,066 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate (74645 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Reqium For HND Certificate Holders / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Maurice45(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2012
I'l advice u to use dat Hnd n apply 4 direct entry in d university for b.sc degree.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by keleto(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2012
@davidfajum. Thanks for ur post here.pls i would love giving u a call,so i can find out som info from u too
i would appreciate
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by lanlife: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
@davidfajum
Thank you for the informative post.
I am interested in going for a UNISA degree with my HND.
The admission is on now and closes on the 17th of this month.
I will like to get further information on the process becos i don't seem to understand some things.

I tried to send you a message please reply.
I will be waiting for your response.
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay(m): 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
You guys should please not disturb yourself with Unisa, if its a Btech you are intending to do with them, your HND is the same with their Btech. In SA, Btech and Bsc are not rated the same, you cannot be accepted unto a Masters programme in SA with a Btech degree. Don't blindly go and sit on a keg of gunpowder o, because the day relevant authorities will find out, the effect may affect you seriously. I think it used to be called HND before they changed the name in 1991. You may research on this. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
JesusDWay: You guys should please not disturb yourself with Unisa, if its a Btech you are intending to do with them, your HND is the same with their Btech. In SA, Btech and Bsc are not rated the same, you cannot be accepted unto a Masters programme in SA with a Btech degree. Don't blindly go and sit on a keg of gunpowder o, because the day relevant authorities will find out, the effect may affect you seriously. I think it used to be called HND before they changed the name in 1991. You may research on this. Thank you
So what's your advice for those going for it or how best do you think it can be upgraded?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
jossy26: You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl
jossy26: You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl

Did u notice it says MTech and not Msc? The two are different and not of the same rating. MTech is more a technological qualification. I think its only SA that has MTech on offer. You can check the structure of education in SA to verify my claims. Even UNISA wont accept you unto an Msc with a BTech certificate, you can check any of their Msc programme for the requirement.

I have researched a lot to be able to get a programme for anyone trying to convert his HND to Bsc in Engineering within a year and which will be affordable, accredited and accepted anywhere. The closest you can have are the ones offered by university of portsmouth which is 3500pounds. There are lots of schools that have top up for for those who want to do business or IT courses but Engineering proper, you don't have much. I've been thinking of India not too long ago, i do believe their education is good and will surely be very affordable but you have to find out if they can allow you start the final year of your programme, of course you may have to travel down there for the programme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 5:03am On Sep 19, 2012
JesusDWay:

Did u notice it says MTech and not Msc? The two are different and not of the same rating. MTech is more a technological qualification. I think its only SA that has MTech on offer. You can check the structure of education in SA to verify my claims. Even UNISA wont accept you unto an Msc with a BTech certificate, you can check any of their Msc programme for the requirement.

I have researched a lot to be able to get a programme for anyone trying to convert his HND to Bsc in Engineering within a year and which will be affordable, accredited and accepted anywhere. The closest you can have are the ones offered by university of portsmouth which is 3500pounds. There are lots of schools that have top up for for those who want to do business or IT courses but Engineering proper, you don't have much. I've been thinking of India not too long ago, i do believe their education is good and will surely be very affordable but you have to find out if they can allow you start the final year of your programme, of course you may have to travel down there for the programme.
What are d differences between Btech and Bsc or is it Mtech and Msc? Is there Meng too cos there is Beng?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by bayedero(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
Having HND in computer science is not a problem in my own view, i grow up with a great passion for knowledge and western education which saw me gain admission in various institution including Federal University of Technology in Akure, University of Edo-Ekiti, University of Ilorin, Yaba College of Technology and the University of Lagos.

I decided to study at YABATECH not for my love for HND but for the strategic position of the institution to aid my professional career. So it is not about grades or degree but about your career.I know what I want and I will use any legal and lawful means to achieve this.

After my first year at YABATECH I gained admission to study at the UniLag. I studied to Yaba College of Technology and University of Lagos simultaneously with an HND in Computer Science and Degree in Finance respectively and member of various international professional qualifications; ACCA(UK), CIMA(UK), CGA(Canada), CPA(Australia), CGMA(USA) for I know what I want and identified the importance of these academic and professional qualifications in my professional career.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by say9ng(m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2013
N
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by iwanchop(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
say9ng :
@davidfajums u av really done a great job here ,thanks for d info .
Pls I will like to upgrade my hnd to btech in Architecture and I really need your assistant cos am 100percent ready to upgrade .
Say9ng@yahoo.com or ping me on 224CB2c8

Quite alright UNISA will give u a B.Tech but....
Their B Tech does not come with grades Nigerian universities adopt(1st class,2.1, 2.2 etc),ur UNISA degree comes wt either a PASS or DISTINCTION grades.
To me,that would translate to another discrimination against the 'degree '

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by iwanchop(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
House,I need a comprehensive info about the HND to B Eng conversion course in UNIPORT.
Please help
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Ozorhumphery(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2013
POLYTECHNIC EDUCATION IN NIGERIA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

TOOOO BAAAAD

6 Likes

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by laprince(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
freakcin: Depends on ur course of study. Uni-Port (Rivers state) offers conversion programme for Engineering disciplines only, I think it takes 3-4 yrs depending on ur grade (HND) & ur O' level English Language grade as well.

What is ur course of study?

Have the same issue. I studied.Elect/Elect Engr.
Had upper credit
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by say9ng(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2013

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
jossy26:
What are d differences between Btech and Bsc or is it Mtech and Msc? Is there Meng too cos there is Beng?

Based on SA's educational structure, BTech is equivalent of our HND. It is not equal with the BTech offered by Universities of Technology here in Nigeria(BTech in Nigeria is equivalent of Bsc). Recently tho, a friend told me he has someone who got a good position with it at Guiness(if i remember well) and that someone also got a Masters Admission into Unilag with it. My own take however is that, if a knowledgeable HR personnel should be the one handling your application, they just might not accept it as a Bachelor's degree. I hope this helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by olabanji88(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2014
Fellows ow long does it take to do bachelors of science degree and masters programme
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by olabanji88(m): 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
davidfajum:
Most guys has spoken well on this. My take is this for you to upgrade your HND you have 3 option

1. Take direct Entry to any Nigeria University and start either from 200 Level or 300 Level depend on your course and the school
2. Travel abroad after gaing admission from here and go and complete your top Up degree
3. Do online courses and within a year you have your BSC or BTech pending on your area of specialization.

I can talk more on the 3rd one because i have done it and still doing it.

you can apply to - http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.html and within a year you are through with your Btech because you will be exempted in many courses since you have HND. for me i was advised to do Industrial Project and was given a Btech in Electrical-Telecommunication option.
if you are interested in this, this is how to go about it.
1. Apply on the portal
2. pay the application fee of 100 rands via a visa card equivalent to 15 dollars or so
3.Apply to SAQA for result verification ( you will need to send all your result,OND,HND and ssce and if your SSCE is from 2000 and above you will need to add WAEC scratch card for verification) The cost associated to that is around 70dollars or so wire transfer -http://www.saqa.org.za/
4. send The Certificate from SAQA and other document to UNiSA via online
5. Once Admitted you will be given all need and an account opened for you and you pay for the exams ( Note that exams is usually done in SA embassy in Lagos and Abuja
6. The fee is very cheap less than 150k for my own case i paid less than 100k.
and within a year you get your Result after successful completion of the required subject max 8.

Part B.
you can also do an online via : http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/subjects/computer_science_and_it/online_learning.cfm
and you shall do 4 courses in all( 3 academics and one Project) with each course billed at 250 pounds and the total course will be amounting to 1000 Pounds.

So bros, choose which you deem fit you. But know fully well that Nigeria is tilting away from Academics but Performance. I will advice any one that i am opportune to talk to to be self reliance and be a force to reckon with in any place or field you find yourself stead of believing on Degree or what so call.
my friends has completed this and has finished their Msc also from same University-

bros inbox me we need to chat on my mail banji_odus1@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by say9ng(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2015
AFFORDABLE EDUCATION IN EUROPE ...WORK AND STUDY.
CYPRUS EDUCATION IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE EUROPEAN REGION...
- EASY APPLICATION
-ADMISSION LETTER IN ONE WEEK
-NO TOEFL ,IELTS OR GRE
- VISA GUARANTEED %
-UNDERGRADUATE (BSC) AND POST GRADUATE (MSC) COURSES AVAILABLE IN A WIDE RANGE
- FREE TRANSPORTATION FOR STUDENTS (SCHOOL BUS)
-ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS THE MEDIUM OF TEACHING
- CYPRUS IS ONE OF THE MOST PEACEFUL ISLAND IN EUROPE
- PAY PART PAYMENT AND PAY THE REMAINING BEFORE YOU FINISH YOUR PROGRAM.
- 350 EUROS PER COURSE

PLS CONTACT ARC OLASENI FOR MORE INFORMATION
say9ng @yahoo.com or +905338567967
ADMISSION IS FREE.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by abitech: 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
HND holders willing to upgrade to Bsc should visit kwasu, they just commence this programs, check this link http://www.kwasu.edu.ng/index.php/2014-04-30-09-19-40/2014-04-30-09-55-03/top-up-degree-and-hnd-conversion-programme
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Godsonpaul: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
JesusDWay:
You guys should please not disturb yourself with Unisa, if its a Btech you are intending to do with them, your HND is the same with their Btech. In SA, Btech and Bsc are not rated the same, you cannot be accepted unto a Masters programme in SA with a Btech degree. Don't blindly go and sit on a keg of gunpowder o, because the day relevant authorities will find out, the effect may affect you seriously. I think it used to be called HND before they changed the name in 1991. You may research on this. Thank you
Thank you for the advice. But don't you think that as the name changed(HND to B.Tech) the curriculum also changed? And why I don't think the B.Tech is equivalent to our HND is that, their B.Tech qualifies you for M.Tech, whereas our HND doesn't qualify you for M.Tech in Nigeria, rather, PGD. #myopinion
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by latade: 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hello, pls I need help. Ur contact?
olabanji88:

bros inbox me we need to chat on my mail banji_odus1@yahoo.com
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by qtx(m): 2:52pm On May 24, 2019
JesusDWay:

I am sure surprised that things other counties respect and hold on high esteem is what Nigeria put down and discriminate against.
In other countries of the world Btech is run for 4 years while Bsc is run for 3 years. Why? because the place more premium on Btech which has more content and require more brain power.
But here in Nigeria we easily discriminate against it just beause we are yet to understand the importance of Skill or technical ability in our work force.
YIf you go through this link you will understand what i am saying. Bsc is not in anyway superior to Btech.
https://www.quora.com/Which-is-better-BSC-in-computer-science-or-a-BTECH
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by meshinoye(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2019
Now that people are burning there B.sc certificate? Certificates are no longer relevant o in this 9ja. If you like have 5 degrees, they are all papers in this part of the world. Use your head and find something better to do with your life rather than wasting your productive time on worthless paper degrees.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by scofield2016: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
Convert an HND into a BSc (4-Semester) Programme

The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme at Southwestern University are:

A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be),
A PASS GRADE in a written test to be taken before admission into the Programme.
AVAILABLE PROGRAMMES
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme are as follows with a duration of (made up of 4 Semesters) are:

Computer Science
Accountancy
Business Administration and Management
Mass Communication
Microbiology
Biochemistry

MODE OF ADMISSION

Pay a non-refundable fee of N5,500 into Southwestern University account at any branch of :
GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC A/C: 0108175382.
THE NAME OF THE APPLICANT MUST MATCH THE NAME ON THE BANK TELLER
Proceed to www.southwesternuniversity.edu.ng
Click on the “APPLY NOW” link
Follow the instruction carefully to fill the form online.
ENSURE THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED ARE VALID, AS FURTHER APPLICATION DETAILS WILL BE SENT TO THE E-MAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS SUPPLIED.
Bring all original credentials and evidence of payment when coming for the Screening Exercise

https://southwesternuniversity.edu.ng/convert-an-hnd-into-a-bsc-4-semester-programme/

University Address
Southwestern University Nigeria
KM 20 Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Okun-Owa,
Ogun State Nigeria.

Lagos Liaison Office
4 Olaide Tomori Street, Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos State.

To call : 08020860298, 08055477000
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:45pm On Feb 19, 2020
Checkout lasu conversion programme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Opitoke(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Those asserting that B.Tech is equal to HND, they have limited knowledge with regards to both programmes. UNISA offers CERTIFICATES, ND, HND, and degree programmes.
If u applied with ND you spend 2 academic calendar years. If you use HND, you spend only one academic calendar year.

For your information, all the universities of technology in Nigeria award B.Tech for technological and engineering courses which is equivalent to BSc, B.Eng, B.Agric, LLB, and all other names given to first degree.
So B.Tech award in any University around the globe is a first degree programme, not a diploma.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Opitoke(m): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2020
JesusDWay:

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY ALSO OFFER HND PROGRAMMES IN THAT SAME SCHOOL WHERE THEY OFFER B.tech? Young man, so how can both programmes be the same? Those who complete their higher diploma in that institution also apply for their degree programmes, be it B.Tech or Bsc
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Opitoke(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
Take a look at this, before ignorant people deceive you with their crooked Native Nigerian mindset of descrimination:

WHAT IS B.Tech?
What is B.Tech Course?
B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. It is an undergraduate level programme that is pursued by science stream students after the completion of Class 12 Science. The four year programme is offered by engineering colleges across India including top colleges such as IITs and NITs. Many technology schools also use the term B.E or Bachelor of Engineering for the professional engineering undergraduate programmes. However, as far as India is concerned, only the nomenclature of the programme is different while the syllabus and teaching pedagogy is the same for both the programmes.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Opitoke(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2020
For clearer understanding, the B.Tech is a PRACTICAL professional degree programme which is CAREER oriented. The BSc is ACADEMIC oriented. Both degrees have their growth path. Eg B.Tech, M.Tech, D.Tech. in the case of BSc, the growth so goes: B.Sc, M.Sc, D.Sc. If anyone want to cross-over weather BSc or Btech, one must cross with a relevant PGD.

B.Tech IN SA
The degree is obtained after 4 years of study and is usually offered as a 1-year program, following completion of a relevant three-year National Diploma.

The B.Tech. carries the same points as other bachelor's degrees in terms of South Africa's National Qualifications Framework (both having an NQF level of 7) At the same time, however, due to its orientation, it does not usually grant admission to the corresponding M.Sc. or MComm program,[4] and students instead pursue the Master of Technology (M.Tech.) and Doctor of Technology (D.Tech.) degrees; it does grant admission to MBA programs (see List of business schools in South Africa). In some cases, however, admission may be granted, once demonstrated that the student meets the necessary academic level to complete the requirements of the M.Sc or MComm.

WITH THIS INFORMATION, HND HOLDERS, PLS MAKE YOUR CHOICE, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by slimiyke(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2020
davidfajum:
Most guys has spoken well on this. My take is this for you to upgrade your HND you have 3 option

1. Take direct Entry to any Nigeria University and start either from 200 Level or 300 Level depend on your course and the school
2. Travel abroad after gaing admission from here and go and complete your top Up degree
3. Do online courses and within a year you have your BSC or BTech pending on your area of specialization.

I can talk more on the 3rd one because i have done it and still doing it.

you can apply to - http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.html and within a year you are through with your Btech because you will be exempted in many courses since you have HND. for me i was advised to do Industrial Project and was given a Btech in Electrical-Telecommunication option.
if you are interested in this, this is how to go about it.
1. Apply on the portal
2. pay the application fee of 100 rands via a visa card equivalent to 15 dollars or so
3.Apply to SAQA for result verification ( you will need to send all your result,OND,HND and ssce and if your SSCE is from 2000 and above you will need to add WAEC scratch card for verification) The cost associated to that is around 70dollars or so wire transfer -http://www.saqa.org.za/
4. send The Certificate from SAQA and other document to UNiSA via online
5. Once Admitted you will be given all need and an account opened for you and you pay for the exams ( Note that exams is usually done in SA embassy in Lagos and Abuja
6. The fee is very cheap less than 150k for my own case i paid less than 100k.
and within a year you get your Result after successful completion of the required subject max 8.

Part B.
you can also do an online via : http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/subjects/computer_science_and_it/online_learning.cfm
and you shall do 4 courses in all( 3 academics and one Project) with each course billed at 250 pounds and the total course will be amounting to 1000 Pounds.

So bros, choose which you deem fit you. But know fully well that Nigeria is tilting away from Academics but Performance. I will advice any one that i am opportune to talk to to be self reliance and be a force to reckon with in any place or field you find yourself stead of believing on Degree or what so call.
my friends has completed this and has finished their Msc also from same University-
I'm interested in this program

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okopoly Lecturer, Chinedu Ezeonwu 'Biggie' Dies, Buried (Graphic Photos) / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs / Ultramodern Schools Built By Governor Zulum In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.