Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238187 members, 1650220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 04:57 PM

Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate (20623 Views)

The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi / Pls I Need School In Usa To Upgrade Hnd / How Best To Upgrade Hnd To B.sc / B.eng (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Maurice45(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2012
I'l advice u to use dat Hnd n apply 4 direct entry in d university for b.sc degree.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by keleto: 1:07pm On May 01, 2012
@davidfajum. Thanks for ur post here.pls i would love giving u a call,so i can find out som info from u too
i would appreciate
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by lanlife: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
@davidfajum
Thank you for the informative post.
I am interested in going for a UNISA degree with my HND.
The admission is on now and closes on the 17th of this month.
I will like to get further information on the process becos i don't seem to understand some things.

I tried to send you a message please reply.
I will be waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2012
You guys should please not disturb yourself with Unisa, if its a Btech you are intending to do with them, your HND is the same with their Btech. In SA, Btech and Bsc are not rated the same, you cannot be accepted unto a Masters programme in SA with a Btech degree. Don't blindly go and sit on a keg of gunpowder o, because the day relevant authorities will find out, the effect may affect you seriously. I think it used to be called HND before they changed the name in 1991. You may research on this. Thank you

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
JesusDWay: You guys should please not disturb yourself with Unisa, if its a Btech you are intending to do with them, your HND is the same with their Btech. In SA, Btech and Bsc are not rated the same, you cannot be accepted unto a Masters programme in SA with a Btech degree. Don't blindly go and sit on a keg of gunpowder o, because the day relevant authorities will find out, the effect may affect you seriously. I think it used to be called HND before they changed the name in 1991. You may research on this. Thank you
So what's your advice for those going for it or how best do you think it can be upgraded?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
jossy26: You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl
jossy26: You definitely can use it for your masters in south africa, Nigeria, any where. Check dis - www.unisa.ac.za/Default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=26793&P_XSLFile=unisa/mobi3.xsl

Did u notice it says MTech and not Msc? The two are different and not of the same rating. MTech is more a technological qualification. I think its only SA that has MTech on offer. You can check the structure of education in SA to verify my claims. Even UNISA wont accept you unto an Msc with a BTech certificate, you can check any of their Msc programme for the requirement.

I have researched a lot to be able to get a programme for anyone trying to convert his HND to Bsc in Engineering within a year and which will be affordable, accredited and accepted anywhere. The closest you can have are the ones offered by university of portsmouth which is 3500pounds. There are lots of schools that have top up for for those who want to do business or IT courses but Engineering proper, you don't have much. I've been thinking of India not too long ago, i do believe their education is good and will surely be very affordable but you have to find out if they can allow you start the final year of your programme, of course you may have to travel down there for the programme.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by jossy26: 5:03am On Sep 19, 2012
JesusDWay:

Did u notice it says MTech and not Msc? The two are different and not of the same rating. MTech is more a technological qualification. I think its only SA that has MTech on offer. You can check the structure of education in SA to verify my claims. Even UNISA wont accept you unto an Msc with a BTech certificate, you can check any of their Msc programme for the requirement.

I have researched a lot to be able to get a programme for anyone trying to convert his HND to Bsc in Engineering within a year and which will be affordable, accredited and accepted anywhere. The closest you can have are the ones offered by university of portsmouth which is 3500pounds. There are lots of schools that have top up for for those who want to do business or IT courses but Engineering proper, you don't have much. I've been thinking of India not too long ago, i do believe their education is good and will surely be very affordable but you have to find out if they can allow you start the final year of your programme, of course you may have to travel down there for the programme.
What are d differences between Btech and Bsc or is it Mtech and Msc? Is there Meng too cos there is Beng?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by bayedero(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
Having HND in computer science is not a problem in my own view, i grow up with a great passion for knowledge and western education which saw me gain admission in various institution including Federal University of Technology in Akure, University of Edo-Ekiti, University of Ilorin, Yaba College of Technology and the University of Lagos.

I decided to study at YABATECH not for my love for HND but for the strategic position of the institution to aid my professional career. So it is not about grades or degree but about your career.I know what I want and I will use any legal and lawful means to achieve this.

After my first year at YABATECH I gained admission to study at the UniLag. I studied to Yaba College of Technology and University of Lagos simultaneously with an HND in Computer Science and Degree in Finance respectively and member of various international professional qualifications; ACCA(UK), CIMA(UK), CGA(Canada), CPA(Australia), CGMA(USA) for I know what I want and identified the importance of these academic and professional qualifications in my professional career.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by say9ng (m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2013
N
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by iwanchop(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
say9ng :
@davidfajums u av really done a great job here ,thanks for d info .
Pls I will like to upgrade my hnd to btech in Architecture and I really need your assistant cos am 100percent ready to upgrade .
Say9ng@yahoo.com or ping me on 224CB2c8

Quite alright UNISA will give u a B.Tech but....
Their B Tech does not come with grades Nigerian universities adopt(1st class,2.1, 2.2 etc),ur UNISA degree comes wt either a PASS or DISTINCTION grades.
To me,that would translate to another discrimination against the 'degree '
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by iwanchop(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
House,I need a comprehensive info about the HND to B Eng conversion course in UNIPORT.
Please help
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Ozorhumphery(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2013
POLYTECHNIC EDUCATION IN NIGERIA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

TOOOO BAAAAD

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by laprince(m): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
freakcin: Depends on ur course of study. Uni-Port (Rivers state) offers conversion programme for Engineering disciplines only, I think it takes 3-4 yrs depending on ur grade (HND) & ur O' level English Language grade as well.

What is ur course of study?

Have the same issue. I studied.Elect/Elect Engr.
Had upper credit
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by say9ng (m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2013
here is the solution ,you can do you msc in abroad with HND in countries like cyprus , turkey,greece , norway.etc
call me for more info free of charge .08023027544
the schools are not expensive in terms of tuition fee some are even free .
this schools are better than all universities in nigeria in world ranking .
thank God I have the info now .

2 Likes

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay: 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
jossy26:
What are d differences between Btech and Bsc or is it Mtech and Msc? Is there Meng too cos there is Beng?

Based on SA's educational structure, BTech is equivalent of our HND. It is not equal with the BTech offered by Universities of Technology here in Nigeria(BTech in Nigeria is equivalent of Bsc). Recently tho, a friend told me he has someone who got a good position with it at Guiness(if i remember well) and that someone also got a Masters Admission into Unilag with it. My own take however is that, if a knowledgeable HR personnel should be the one handling your application, they just might not accept it as a Bachelor's degree. I hope this helps
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by sholemania(m): 9:56pm On Mar 29
davidfajum: Most guys has spoken well on this. My take is this for you to upgrade your HND you have 3 option

1. Take direct Entry to any Nigeria University and start either from 200 Level or 300 Level depend on your course and the school
2. Travel abroad after gaing admission from here and go and complete your top Up degree
3. Do online courses and within a year you have your BSC or BTech pending on your area of specialization.

I can talk more on the 3rd one because i have done it and still doing it.

you can apply to - http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.html and within a year you are through with your Btech because you will be exempted in many courses since you have HND. for me i was advised to do Industrial Project and was given a Btech in Electrical-Telecommunication option.
if you are interested in this, this is how to go about it.
1. Apply on the portal
2. pay the application fee of 100 rands via a visa card equivalent to 15 dollars or so
3.Apply to SAQA for result verification ( you will need to send all your result,OND,HND and ssce and if your SSCE is from 2000 and above you will need to add WAEC scratch card for verification) The cost associated to that is around 70dollars or so wire transfer -http://www.saqa.org.za/
4. send The Certificate from SAQA and other document to UNiSA via online
5. Once Admitted you will be given all need and an account opened for you and you pay for the exams ( Note that exams is usually done in SA embassy in Lagos and Abuja
6. The fee is very cheap less than 150k for my own case i paid less than 100k.
and within a year you get your Result after successful completion of the required subject max 8.

Part B.
you can also do an online via : http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/subjects/computer_science_and_it/online_learning.cfm
and you shall do 4 courses in all( 3 academics and one Project) with each course billed at 250 pounds and the total course will be amounting to 1000 Pounds.

So bros, choose which you deem fit you. But know fully well that Nigeria is tilting away from Academics but Performance. I will advice any one that i am opportune to talk to to be self reliance and be a force to reckon with in any place or field you find yourself stead of believing on Degree or what so call.
my friends has completed this and has finished their Msc also from same University-

I have just one question about the baccaluerus technologiae from UNISA. What is the rating like? Is it in (Distinction, upper credit, lower...) or in (First Class, 2.1, 2.2...)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

(0) (1) (2) (Reply)

A / LASU Students At War With Their Vice-Chancellor / What Can I Do With Bsc In Philosophy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.