Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,605 members, 7,958,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate (75670 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Reqium For HND Certificate Holders / The Problem With HND Certificate – By Femi Olabisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by lond07: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
egbule123:

You studied a very professional course computer science from my experince it really does not matter whethr u have HND OR BSC before you can make headway with this course i tell you what you should do is concentrate largely on practical skill acquisation this field mainly require manpower good good practical skills do u have skills in database adminstration,networking,network administration,systems repairs,maintenance and trouble shooting ,lan,wan configurations this are the needed skills beleive  me with this skills you just might bid paid employment goodbye 

How do you obtain practical skill acquisation if you are not working or sruggling to get a job. Though not sure if the poster is working or not, but these areas of computing you mentioned DEFINITELY required industrial experience. Not theory or home practice
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Demdem(m): 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
freakcin:

I'm in the mood to tango, so lets dance.

2 questions for you my good friend. 1) Which school did u graduate from/are u studying @ (2) Was/Is there any form of this buying result you've been harping on in your school?

grin grin grin

My friend, not on NL to tango ok. Come here say my mind and move on.
About my school, had my first degree at ife. Am 98% sure that it doesn't happen there.
One of my padis working in Angola went through that program and he came out in flying colours. I also know of some through him that went through the same process.
Don't get me wrong here, not all are involved in such, some do go through the system well its just that those I happen to know had to pay their way out. They couldn't leave their excellent jobs, of cos I wouldn't advise that and at the same time needed the bsc badly becos of discrimination. The bottom line is they are good at what they are doing. Very happy for them.
Without a willing seller, there won't be a buyer.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
@all thanks for the advice and you have all spoken well and yes computer science requires more of your technical skills which am upgrading myself more everyday and will still write some professional courses r personal email address so we can talk at lenght
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by moshoodn(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
Demdem:

About my school, had my first degree at ife. Am 98% sure that it doesn't happen there.
One of my padis working in Angola went through that program and he came out in flying colours. I also know of some through him that went through the same process.
Don't get me wrong here, not all are involved in such, some do go through the system well its just that those I happen to know had to pay their way out. They couldn't leave their excellent jobs, of cos I wouldn't advise that and at the same time needed the bsc badly becos of discrimination. The bottom line is they are good at what they are doing. Very happy for them.

sure?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by freakcin: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
Demdem:

OAU is meant to be what? A saintly school? You posited to 98% purity, right? Have u any inkling what 2% bad student (buyer) and lecturer (seller) translate to in the world of academic malpractice Guy, I'm not here to berate any school, infact let others contribute so we'll know which University is devoid of exam malpractice be it profound or minimal!!!

If you can, wake up and smell the coffee. . . that golden age of Nigerian education is long gone. It belongs to 80's @ most mid 90's. Are you gonna tell me u graduated in 1994 Yeah rite!!!

It might vary but no school is devoid of that hydra headed monster. . . exam malpractice!!!

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by moshoodn(m): 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2012
freakcin:

OAU is meant to be what? A saintly school? You posited to 98% purity, right? Have u any inkling what 2% bad student (buyer) and lecturer (seller) translate to in the world of academic malpractice Guy, I'm not here to berate any school, infact let others contribute so we'll know which University is devoid of exam malpractice be it profound or minimal!!!

If you can, wake up and smell the coffee. . . that golden age of Nigerian education is long gone. It belongs to 80's @ most mid 90's. Are you gonna tell me u graduated in 1994 Yeah rite!!!

It might vary but no school is devoid of that hydra headed monster. . . exam malpractice!!!
not one sainty school anymore.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Demdem(m): 7:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
freakcin:

By all standard I make bold to say that oau is a better institution when compared to uniport. However its a known fact that the standard of nigerian institutions have fallen greatly. The discussion isn't about exam malpractice which happens worldwide but paying one's way through school which uniport hnd to bsc program is noted for. Of cos most likely not the case for the undergraduates of this school but the weekend program is notorious tor this. Throughout my stay and up till now, Av not hears of such attrocities at oau and my giving it 98% is becos am not God that knows all things. Instead 100% would have been appropriate.
Becos u schooled in uniport, I understand ur position to defend ur school, no problem, but that won't change my opinion about this program in uniport.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Demdem(m): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
moshoodn:

not one sainty school anymore.

I feel u especially when one has to consider the administrators running these schools. But to be honest till date am yet to hear or know of anyone that pays his way throughout any program at oau. Probably there is now, I don't know. If u have heard any kindly spill it but be truthfull becos whatever u say I will believe it. I know that of uniport very well and very confident in voicing it out.
Generally, all our universities standard has fallen greatly.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Faheedat: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
Apply to ESUT now?
Your result and the type of programmes will determine the number of years of study to get your degree certificate.
There various type of programmes-
Mature student programm(Full Time)
Partime Degree programm not all the Deparments
A trial will convince you and you will not regret it
Take a bold step and Do something now
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by freakcin: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
I reiterate, OAU is no saintly school, to say no one paid/bleeped his/her way through (even in ur almighty OAU) is plain ignorance, I stand to be corrected. That u don't know it happens don't mean it doesn't!

Me, I don't owe allegiance to no school, I'm on here to better my lot. Between re-read all my post and pay special attention to all the bolded phrase/statemen. E be like sey ya blood dey hot shey?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ davidfajum.
Your second option is what i have in mind also. I ve been havn issues getting d right info. I will like to reach u via mail for further info. Thanks.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay(m): 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Davidfajum. Just pray your cv doesn't get into the hands of a good hr personnel who has researched well because, i can tell you categorically that the BTEch Unisa programme you did is the same as the HND you used in applying. They are both a 4year technological programme and it was called HND in SA before the name was changed to BTech. You cannot be allowed unto an Msc programme with a BTech in SA, you'll be asked to do an MTech instead. I am telling you the truth AND YOU MAY WANT TO VERIFY IT because i'm in the same shoes, searching all this while how i can upgrade to a Bsc before doing Masters. The issue i had initially was the money and then the course, as its Elect/Elect i did. If it were to be a business course, i would have be done with it a long time. Many of the other online programmes i saw are of high cost while the affordable ones are not accredited(they are all mostly in the US).

i WOULD ADVISE THE POSTER TO GO VERY FAST FOR THE HERTFORDSHIRE PROGRAMME, THATS THE BEST DEAL HE CAN GET. BESIDES, ITS A UK UNIVERSITY AND ONE OF A VERY HIGH RATING AND AS WELL, ITS THE CHEAPEST TOP-UP I'VE EVER COME ACROSS IF THE FEES ARE TRULY AS DAVIDFAJUM QUOTED. MOST TOP-UPS NOW ARE GOING ABOVE 3000POUNDS.

THE ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT I GOT WAS A WORK BASED LEARNING PROGRAMME AND SO, DIDNT GIVE ME THE KIND OF MODULES I WOULD HAVE WANTED. IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ME WITH INFO ON HOW I CAN GET 1YEAR TOP UP ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT OR EVEN HEALTH AND SAFETY, I WILL APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by JesusDWay(m): 8:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
i just saw the fees for hertfordshire, its not 1000pounds for the programme, 1000pounds is for one module and since you are taking 4, the total fee is 4000pounds which is on the average of a million naira.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
Post modified by handler.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Tnot(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
addey:

If you have HND in Engineering
I will advise you go for Project management

addey:

If you have HND in Engineering
I will advise you go for Project management

Do you mean studying project management @PGD level or How how can i do that?
I'm studying civil engineering and i'll love do that after my HND programme.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by mantote: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
Federal university of Technology minna accepts people with HND into 300level.this is a confirmed news.The truth is that the bias towards HND cannot stop.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
[color=#000099][color=#000099]Most guys has spoken well on this. My take is this for you to upgrade your HND you have 3 option

1. Take direct Entry to any Nigeria University and start either from 200 Level or 300 Level depend on your course and the school
2. Travel abroad after gaing admission from here and go and complete your top Up degree
3. Do online courses and within a year you have your BSC or BTech pending on your area of specialization.

I can talk more on the 3rd one because i have done it and still doing it.

you can apply to - http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.html and within a year you are through with your Btech because you will be exempted in many courses since you have HND. for me i was advised to do Industrial Project and was given a Btech in Electrical-Telecommunication option.
if you are interested in this, this is how to go about it.
1. Apply on the portal
2. pay the application fee of 100 rands via a visa card equivalent to 15 dollars or so
3.Apply to SAQA for result verification ( you will need to send all your result,OND,HND and ssce and if your SSCE is from 2000 and above you will need to add WAEC scratch card for verification) The cost associated to that is around 70dollars or so wire transfer -http://www.saqa.org.za/
4. send The Certificate from SAQA and other document to UNiSA via online
5. Once Admitted you will be given all need and an account opened for you and you pay for the exams ( Note that exams is usually done in SA embassy in Lagos and Abuja
6. The fee is very cheap less than 150k for my own case i paid less than 100k.
and within a year you get your Result after successful completion of the required subject max 8.

Part B.
you can also do an online via : http://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/subjects/computer_science_and_it/online_learning.cfm
and you shall do 4 courses in all( 3 academics and one Project) with each course billed at 250 pounds and the total course will be amounting to 1000 Pounds.

So bros, choose which you deem fit you. But know fully well that Nigeria is tilting away from Academics but Performance. I will advice any one that i am opportune to talk to to be self reliance and be a force to reckon with in any place or field you find yourself stead of believing on Degree or what so call.
my friends has completed this and has finished their Msc also from same University-
[/color][/color]

Plz may I hav ur contact, u may be of great help lovelynmoses@yahoo.com, Thanks Bro
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Demdem(m): 10:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
freakcin:

I reiterate, OAU is no saintly school, to say no one paid/bleeped his/her way through (even in ur almighty OAU) is plain ignorance, I stand to be corrected. That u don't know it happens don't mean it doesn't!

Me, I don't owe allegiance to no school, I'm on here to better my lot. Between re-read all my post and pay special attention to all the bolded phrase/statemen. E be like sey ya blood dey hot shey?

Look, u are just beating about the bush my friend. No one is saying that oau is a saintly school. What I said was I haven't heard of such so far and even went ahead to ask if anyone has heard of such. If u have, kindly share it and spare me all these rantings. U just tell me that u heard it from somebody who knows someone who paid his way through any program at oau and I will believe u. If u can't give me anything close to that, I put it to u that u don't know jack about the school so pls shut it.
As for uniport, it does happen well especially this particular program we are talking about. I know nothing less than 4 peeps that paid their way through and I am saying it confidently. Infact let me go further that I am even part of the conduit the money passed through. This is no dem say  or I think there should be like u are saying, am a living witness ok.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Emeka72(m): 2:04am On Feb 22, 2012
Go for professional qualification. Also, u can try unilag DLI.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by ola2006: 4:40am On Feb 22, 2012
@DAVIDFAJUM

Can I have your contact, I will need to get more information from you concerning the south african university. send it to olagunjub@yahoo.com
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by MisterNRC(m): 5:12am On Feb 22, 2012
lond07:

Furthermore, even if the govt approved online courses, it has to be acceptable by more than an average number of recruiters/employers, otherwise, it will still suffer the same prejudices vented on HND
I kid you not! if you get an 'online' degree from 'online courses', just be sure that you have crossed the line barrier for NYSC certificates. This is because the Ministry of Education refuses to recognise anyone who did an online top-up for degree for any reason whatsoever except unless you have a student visa in your kpali(which you will still present as documentation).
But having crossed out that obstacle, employers are ready to employ given that you have that foreign degree and you must be good at what you do else, no room for lazy man.

lond07:

How do you obtain practical skill acquisation if you are not working or sruggling to get a job. Though not sure if the poster is working or not, but these areas of computing you mentioned DEFINITELY required industrial experience. Not theory or home practice

All man must start from somewhere. POSTER was advised to get his hands dirty by sharpening the skills gained in HND. With the plethora of information on the internet these days, he can be in collaboration with up-to-date CS syllabi and information.(Assuming PCHN is operating in a humanly manner.) get like-minded friends/colleagues and start something with them,you never can tell where it will lead. you dont need to wait for the opportunity, you have to make something happen. I was in the same shoes but i managed to surround myself with some of the best heads NIIT could offer and we did some preety amazing stuff which hasn't been rivalled in that part of Lag (atleast in the last 5years) before all-man relocated to greater things.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Angielim: 6:00am On Feb 22, 2012
Around how much amount i need to pay to get the cert?
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by supertop7: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2012
The best of the best way to uprade HND certificate is not to go for any HND programmes  at all at all. and also to urge the federal govt to srcap the programme outrightly istead of wasting innocent peoples's time and resourses

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by duke2000: 9:36am On Feb 22, 2012
Let's get real and dump this certificate mentality. A friend recently advertised for a driver and instantly got 4 applications from BSc holders. The jobs are not there. Make the best with your HND and move up. PGD and professional qualification is the way. HND is BSC equivalent. If you are asked to differentiate a pack of degree and HND holders without looking at their CVs, would you achieve it correctly. HND and Bsc are meant to compliment each other.

I know of an HND holder supervising 3 Bsc holders in a workplace. Don't waste your money and time. Besides, before you graduate you probably would have past the prime age of 25-28 for very good jobs.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by dipoley2k(f): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2012
[size=16pt]Get it all done in Malaysia(UK campus)-With HND you will be moved in for Final Year Degree from UK University i.e (Degree Top UP) and Move for another 1 year Masters Program----No stress!!!
[/size]

[size=14pt]STUDY IN MALAYSIA (UK CAMPUS) 2012 ADMISSION IN PROGRESS[/size]
Study for and complete international Masters, degrees and diploma programmes from UK in Malaysia Campus. You can also opt to transfer to universities in Australia and UK after a year or two in Malaysia.
Get your Admission from the following Educational Institutions Malaysia Campus:
* University of East London (Degree & Masters program)
* University of Coventry UK (Degree program)
* Edexcel UK (HND), AND SO MUCH MORE.

[size=13pt]DIPLOMA :[/size] 
Nursing,Business and Information Technology

[size=13pt]DEGREE :[/size]
Three (3) Years UK Degree Program-Full Time
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONS) CIVIL ENGINEERING,BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONS) ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (POWER/ CONTROL/COMMUNICATIONS),BSC (HONS) SOFTWARE ENGINEERING,BA (HONS) ACCOUNTING & FINANCE,BSC (HONS) BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS,BA (HONS) BUSINESS STUDIES,
BA (HONS) GRAPICS,BA (HONS) 3D,BA (HONS) FASHION DESIGN,BA (HONS) PHOTOGRAPHY ,BA (HONS) ANIMATION,BENG (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,BENG (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (DESIGN).
BENG (HONS) CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT,BENG (HONS) ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGY,BENG (HONS) QUANTITATIVE STUDIES AND COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT.ETC

[size=13pt]MASTERS :[/size]
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Control Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Software Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Integrated Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Mobile Communications - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Civil Engineering - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems and Engineering - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Business Information Systems - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Information Technology - Anglia Ruskin University, UK

[size=14pt]VISIT MALAYSIA[/size]

[size=14pt]ATTEND Upcoming Event in Malaysia[/size].
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) CONFERENCE IN KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA (March 2012).
We will get all arrangement done!!!

WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Chief Accountants, Group finance directors, Head of finance, finance managers, financial controllers,accountants,management accountants, executive directors of finance, managers of financial accounts, heads of accounting and administration, finance and information system managers, financial analysts,auditors,portfolio managers mid-to-senior level executives in public accounting,finance,tax,investor relations,business and industry, board and audit committee members, internal auditors,attorneys,consultants,analysts and professors, academics and those who wants to learn more about the significance of IFRS,its future and impact on local and international constituents and the implementation aspect of IFRS
We will be able to :
*Make HOTEL RESERVATION and Guide you through point of Entry at the Airports.
*SECURE VISA
*TICKET BOOKING (Optional)
*ARRANGE AIRPORT PICKUP
*SECURE AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION

[size=15pt]For Enquires on Admission/Visa Processes call :
Contact Nigeria (LADI) : 08062858628 or 07085734710
Contact Malaysia (MIKE) : +60146624459
Email : overseasadmission@rosaad.com[/size]

Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by davidfajum(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2012
Please all this option i advised here are " Do it yourself " and need no intermediary . Most of my friends that did this online thingy are working in Multinational Companies  and with most of them in MTN,Zain Etisalat etc  i can be reached fajumodavid@gmail.com for further assistance.
Attached are the forms for the UK universities that starts in September.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by unphilaz(m): 3:52am On Feb 23, 2012
nice contribution. wish to share this 2 sites that update on scholarship- afterschoolafrica.com and advance-africa.com
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by toysmall: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2012
This is course of study
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Mazeepac(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2012
@davidfajum

I will need your assistance, I have contacted both UNISA and SAQA
Online application will open by 28th march which means I have to get my SAQA certification before then, I will need you to talk on how to send by credentials down payment and subsequent update.
mazeepac@live.com
Pls i need to do this.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by Emeka72(m): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
I don't even believe in certificate any longer. I believe more in hand-work.
Re: Best Way To Upgrade Hnd Certificate by ola2006: 3:26am On Feb 27, 2012
@davidfajum

I have not got a reply to the mail I sent to your box for the past some days now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ignatius Ajuru University Girls Twerk Hard During Graduation (Photos) / Principal Impregnates SS3 Student, Rushes Her For Wedding - Universal Reporters / OAU Predegree Admission 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.