Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan (719 Views)

INEC Is Plotting To Release Results Elections To Favour APC- Wike / Security Council Gives Condition For Elections To Hold In N/East / Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari'– New York Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by Joe50(m): 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
February 21, 2012 | 7:42 pm News By Johnbosco Agbakwuru CALABAR - PRESIDENT Goodluck
Jonathan has promised to put in
place measures that would
ensure that subsequent elections
in the country are conducted
without the police or security agencies at the polling units. The President who stated this at
the grand finale of the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP campaign
rally for the February 25
governorship elections in Cross
River State at the U. J. Esuene Stadium, Calabar, Tuesday, said
the party has been advocating
one man one vote to instill sanity
into the electoral process. He said, “At the national level,
starting from my general election
in April last year, we have been
advocating one man, one vote,
one woman, one vote, one youth,
one vote and we are succeeding. INEC is succeeding. “The next step of our campaign is
that we want to make sure we
conduct elections in Nigeria
without police. We want to
conduct elections without
security people carrying guns. We want a situation where Nigerians
would go queue up and vote, the
votes are counted and nobody is
cheated, so that at the end of the
elections there would be no all
kinds of litigations with all kinds of stories. “That is our next campaign and
God willing before 2015, we
would conduct election without
security carrying guns to follow
us. We are disciplined people; we
know we have disciplined people. We know Nigerians are
disciplined people. If all of us
agree to do it we would do it. “Cross River is one of such states
we can use as a model. We can
conduct election in this peaceful
state without police,” he said. From right; Cross River guber candidate, Imoke , VP Namadi Sambo, President Jonathan and Imoke's running mate Cobham and other PDP bigwigs at the campaign grand finale, Tuesday in Calabar. He said that the PDP governorship
candidate in the state, Senator
Liyel Imoke has performed
excellently to earn him second
term adding that even outside
Nigeria, Cross River state has remained a reference points
especially in the areas of
cleanliness and tourism. Jonathan said, “I want to
reemphasize the good works of
Senator Imoke. Let me start with a
statement made by president
Obasanjo (Olusegun Obasanjo)
when he said that he sometimes envies the unity we have shown
in Cross River State PDP family. “You know in every state, so long
as we are human beings, we
would have cause to disagree,
but whether we disagree what
makes us unique is our ability to
resolve our differences. When I came in here and saw Governor
Duke and his wife and others it
makes me very happy. That
shows that Cross River State is
one.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/2015-elections-to-be-conducted-without-security-agents-at-polling-units-jonathan/
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by Joe50(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
election with security, still there's ballot box snatching and killing talk of without security. No body go even go out go vote.

I think this man is sick in his head!
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by Joe50(m): 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
shocked shocked i thought he would say soldiers would takeover the security during election.
This man is a failure angry
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by musawisdom(m): 9:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
Dont mind johnna, if u ask him how is he going to do it, he wil av nothing to say.
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by DuduNegro: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
. . . boko will be the security agents at the polling stations in North.
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
All the yans na for show
Re: 2015 Elections To Beconducted Withoutsecurity Agents At Pollingunits – Jonathan by Joe50(m): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . boko will be the security agents at the polling stations in North.

Christians in the Northern part will have to stay at home if that should be the case then!

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Affirms Okorocha, Uduaghan As Imo, Delta Governors / Nigeria/south Africa Row Escalates As Nigeria Refuse 28 South Africans Entry / Apagun Olumide Was Strangled To Death, Reveals Autopsy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.