Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,403 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace (6526 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / Is Gaddafi A Dictator? / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by mufc009(m): 11:47am On Feb 22, 2012
The former residence of erstwhile Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, in Tripoli has become a market.

Al- Jazeera reports that the residence in Bab al Azzizya, where he made many defiant speeches denouncing the country’s enemies, had started hosting a Friday market.

The secretive sanctuary is home to some of the best deals in the Libyan capital.

Everything from clothes to accordions and heaters can be found, at a site which only a year ago many Libyans were afraid to even drive past.
http://www.punchng.com/news/gaddafis-former-residence-becomes-market/

Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by obi123: 12:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
very good, they might as well
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
lol
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by fred2265: 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by indoorlove(m): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
Na wa o!
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by bigdoo: 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
May the same become the fate of the residences of IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Abacha and all those our undeserving past leaders of Nigeria who looted our treasury thereby impoverishing a great majority of Nigerians.  I believe that the day will come.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by GWslim(f): 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
I love this, it will serve an example to those coming behind.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by purefella(m): 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
jesus!!!
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Commander12: 12:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
Great news[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Ayor93(m): 12:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
thats an insult!!, those thnkn dz is riht re foo.ls smh.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by millionbuc(m): 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by sammirano: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
The same thing will happen to aso rock soon.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
hmm
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by HighChief4(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
Rest In Peace brother leader Ghadaffi
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Ignatio(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Stooopid Africans!
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by kizito96(m): 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
No condition is permanent
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nonybb: 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2012
Gaddafi is in heaven & dont even need these stuffs & houses, allah hu arka & prophet mohammed the peado
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
LMAOOOo, e remain OTA farm grin grin
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by bknight: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
Maybe unknown to dem, its a gud way to immortalize him.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by pynkspyce: 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
they might as well. The guy raped the nation for yrs.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by seunny4lif(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
That's true but that is what libyans know how to do best.The same libyans dat are shouting Gadaffi is nt good b4,are d same crying for him to come back 4rm death.Libyans don't like to work bt want very thing to be share free for them with free money.Bt the nw government no dey do dat one them,now they want him back.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by prettyboi1(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
rest in peace Gaddafi, those of us that know the truth about Libya understand that everything that the media kept/still saying are mostly false all cos of some greedy western governments that wanted to invade & occupy(Libya) what u protected to the last of your blood. Nothing dey happen,I wish Libya well with their new ntc government,let them stop complaining. Shebi they wanted change? now change has come & they're complaining & fighting each other every day, make una manage una change.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by 9lifes(m): 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
I see how ignorant people can be.

Libyans are suffering now.I know a lot of them, the media will never cover their current pains and regrets.And pls guys,don't ever compare Gaddafi with any Nigerian leader, he was a gift to Africa.

your responses show why we will always remain backward, ignorant morons.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by seunny4lif(m): 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
I can see dat only few people have brain on nl,becos some people will just jump into any forum,so make people knw say dem dey bt dem knw nt about it.U ARE A TRUE HERO.I WILL DIE,IN LIBYA BECOS I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO.I BUILD LIBYA AND IF U KILL ME,U KILL LIBYA-RIP M.GADAFFI.Come to libya or ask anybody,u knw dat is still in libya to tell u,what is going here.I'm in tripoli,so i knw what the country is going thru,no peace in libya again.Last week two libyans police were shot dead after gun men belonging to pro gadaffi attacked the rebels station near my area,funniest thng is dat the place is 2m by walking away 4rm where UN agent were staying.LIBYA NOW LIKE IRAQ AND MAYBE Later Somalia.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by prettyboi1(m): 12:24am On Feb 23, 2012
9lifes:

I see how ignorant people can be.

Libyans are suffering now.I know a lot of them, the media will never cover their current pains and regrets.And pls guys,don't ever compare Gaddafi with any Nigerian leader, he was a gift to Africa.

your responses show why we will always remain backward, ignorant morons.
TRUE TRUE Bro, true words.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by olat4cash(m): 6:33am On Feb 23, 2012
The man is the best leader the world will ever had.just look at what he deed for his people:
, FACTS THAT CANT BE DENIED 1. There is no electricity bill in, Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens. 2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law. 3. Home considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home. Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are still living in a tent. 4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinar (US$ 50,000 ) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family. 5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are literate. Today the figure is 83%. 6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free. 7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2, 300/mth accommodation and car allowance. 8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price. 9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14(#21) per liter. 10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion – now frozen globally. 11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed until employment is found. 12. A portion of Libyan oil sale is, credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens. 13. A mother who gave birth to a child receive US $5 ,000 14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $ 0.15(#22.50k) 15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree 16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2012
[sub][/sub] we africans are ourselves problems, imagine such a great man like Ghadaffi with such laudable non-elephant projects.
Not like our own corrupt infested leaders.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Yewe2011(m): 8:42am On Feb 23, 2012
great news

Gaddafi was a tyrant that needed to be dealt with.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2012
Man’s freedom is lacking if somebody else controls what he needs, for need may result in man’s enslavement of man.
I am not going to leave this land. I will die as a martyr at the end.
, Muammar Gaddafi’

The best African Leader of all time.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by seunny4lif(m): 9:53am On Feb 23, 2012
Yewe2011:

great news

You are the most royal highest of fools and silly.Have u been 2 libya b4?I knw libya like i knw nigeria.For does dat are wise and knw libya and libyans,tell dis fools,who are slave in their own country.White man go use nigerian like jarki,for inside nigeria becos #6,000.In libya dem never born the person b4 unless u wan die.Libyans life,1 No house rent. 2 No electricity bill. 3 Free bags of food every month with ur family. 4 Free monthly allowances for all born until death 5.Free brand new cars for wedding couples. 6. Want to travel out,and the government will send u,with money allowance.7 No water bill 8 are already shouting for him in tripoli,sirt,saba and benghazi.Poor libyans are better than nigeria rich man.But now in tripoli,no electricity sometime,water and worse part importation of generators everyday.My landlord brought one and i always showed him hw to use it.If nigeria can be like libya,then people will nt travel out of nigeria.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by seunny4lif(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2012
Yewe2011:

great news

You are the most royal highest of fools and silly.Have u been 2 libya b4?I knw libya like i knw nigeria.For does dat are wise and knw libya and libyans,tell dis fools,who are slave in their own country.White man go use nigerian like jarki,for inside nigeria becos #6,000.In libya dem never born the person b4 unless u wan die.Libyans life,1 No house rent. 2 No electricity bill. 3 Free bags of food every month with ur family. 4 Free monthly allowances for all born until death 5.Free brand new cars for wedding couples. 6. Want to travel out,and the government will send u,with money allowance.7 No water bill 8 are already shouting for him in tripoli,sirt,saba and benghazi.Poor libyans are better than nigeria rich man.But now in tripoli,no electricity sometime,water and worse part importation of generators everyday.My landlord brought one and i always showed him hw to use it.If nigeria can be like libya,then people will nt travel out of nigeria.
Re: Gaddafi’s Former Residence Becomes A Marketplace by aglomar: 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2012
That fulfils the bible: 'the habitatn of the wicked shall be desolate.'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sad; See What Israelis Where Seen Doing After Capital Was Bombed (graphic) / Deported Haitians Angry After US Sends Them Back To Port-au-prince / 10 Most Deadly Secret Service Agencies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.