Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,125 members, 7,838,862 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 (15220 Views)

Top 10 Difference Between Infinix Zero And Injoo Is2 / Between Jellybean And Kit - Kat. The Difference. / Whats the difference between Blackberry Bold 2 And Bold 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by blank(f): 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
Mr man, at least ascribe some intelligence to me, please. All you have said are assumptions and they patently false. My husband hardly uses his phone to ping, sms, etc, just for calls. With the battery issue, he had to reduce the calls. He has not paid for BIS for 2 months now cos it is useless to him as the internet browser does not open cos it says it is low on memory. I am the one that has a fully loaded appsworld with low memory but its a 9700. Just the fact that the phone is on from morning till whenever, the battery runs down. He bought the phone in US and even bought a replacement battery in US but still no deal. We both hate that phone with a passion.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by coogar: 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2012
blank:

Mr man, at least ascribe some intelligence to me, please. All you have said are assumptions and they patently false. My husband hardly uses his phone to ping, sms, etc, just for calls. With the battery issue, he had to reduce the calls. He has not paid for BIS for 2 months now cos it is useless to him as the internet browser does not open cos it says it is low on memory. I am the one that has a fully loaded appsworld with low memory but its a 9700. Just the fact that the phone is on from morning till whenever, the battery runs down. He bought the phone in US and even bought a replacement battery in US but still no deal. We both hate that phone with a passion.

low on memory?
what gulped the memory?
there's no smartphone with bad battery life. . . . .it's the users that are ignorant on how to use them by leaving everything on cos they wanna feeling funky.
at least give these phone manufacturers their credits.

do you know the number of months phone companies do quality assurance before they ship products out to be sold?
i have tested for various phone manufacturers and i know how much they spend testing new products before they launch them.
if your phone has a sickening battery life then it must mean you have overloaded it with unnecessary stuff.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
if you are having issues with you bb then go get an iphone and if you think its too costly for u, try an android. cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
x = blackberry

x model 9700 = x+9700

x model 2= x+9900

now solve the equation

(x+9700)-(x+9900)

x+9700-x+9900

x-x+9700-9900
0x-200

NO SOLUTION

Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by dipo1: 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^

u r a mor0n grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by mjay(m): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
blank:

That 9780 na shyte phone. Battery does not last, network comes and goes and the phone is always hanging. U av to keep doing a battery pull.

Common, go check what's wrong with your phone. 9780 is a very good phone and the battery is one of the best bb battery. I used and enjoyed it, I have a backup battery cos I use it a lot. Honestly I have no reason to complain.

Presently av upgraded to 9790 with o's 7.1,I must say apart from the battery (which is the best in the class of os7) It is a lovely piece. Bb's battery can not last, it is always on and at work.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by jspac(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
Android revolution.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by jspac(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2012
Android revolution.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by ambyzown(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
coogar:

low on memory?
what gulped the memory?
there's no smartphone with bad battery life. . . . .it's the users that are ignorant on how to use them by leaving everything on cos they wanna feeling funky.
at least give these phone manufacturers their credits.

do you know the number of months phone companies do quality assurance before they ship products out to be sold?
i have tested for various phone manufacturers and i know how much they spend testing new products before they launch them.
if your phone has a sickening battery life then it must mean you have overloaded it with unnecessary stuff.

Are you serious? You evidently don't know your onions when it comes to phones.
I use a Samsung GT P1000 that runs Android 2.3.3 My brightness setting (on a 7inch screen) is on auto which means its at 100% whenever I'm in bright places. My bluetooth is on continuously as it is connected to my bt earpiece, I have whatsapp, IM+, Avast antivirus, email, facebook, linkedin and at least 10 other background apps working throughout. I currently have 13 tabs open on my web browser as I type this post. My GPS is permanently on and still get over a day's worth of battery life.
How can you defend the 9780 that hardly gives a full day's use even when 80% of the phone's features are not in use? Accept the fact that RIM made a poor phone in the 9780.
One more thing, please disabuse your mind of the fact that phone manufacturers don't make bad phones because they always do. That's why we get firmware updates to correct phone OS issues. The hardware issues, well you just have to live with that. If even Apple could make the iphone 4 which had the antennaegate issue, and Nokia made the N97 mini with shitty battery and performance, every manufacturer can make mistakes.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Excelboi(m): 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2012
You better go fro nokia!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by blank(f): 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
@ Coogar, u obviously did not understand my post or I was not clear enough. He has almost no apps, just the usual bbm, facebook, protect. The only additional is chess and he does not use it anymore cos of the battery. I personally, adjusted the brightness, etc still no dice. Maybe the phone just has a small memory storage cos since the os 6 update, the browser keeps saying low on memory. The phone is shyte and I won't advise anyone to get it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by blank(f): 9:04pm On Feb 23, 2012
I deliberately ignored ur wisecrack about wanting to feel funky cos I am assuming na ur usual mumu talk.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
dipo+:

^^

u r a mor0n grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by bencobenz(m): 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
The difference is 9900-9700 = 200 cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by femi4: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
Donlittle:

x = blackberry

x model 9700 = x+9700

x model 2= x+9900

now solve the equation

(x+9700)-(x+9900)

x+9700-x+9900

x-x+9700-9900
0x-200

NO SOLUTION

You no do Bodmas for school, that expression should be:
x+9700-x-9900
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by texazzpete(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2012
netghost:

as long as your system still recognizes it then you will find a way around the problem , the moment your system stops recognizing it pls find the nearest trash can and drop it inside

coogar:

even if his system fails to recognize it, there's still hope.
no phone is completely useless. in a sane world, he should be able to return the phone to blackberry office and get it replaced but we don't do sanity in naija.
it's the opposite.

The 9900/9930 bricking issue is a known issue. Even RIM has acknowledged it. For cases like Honsule's, there's nothing the user can do. In saner climes RIM will replace the phone for free. In Nigeria, you're on your own.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by dandollar1: 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
Please,I want to find out if the networks here(MTN et al) allows bridging of the bb phone with the playbook so I could browse on the playbook using my phone's bis without extra charges.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by netghost: 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2012
texazzpete:

The 9900/9930 bricking issue is a known issue. Even RIM has acknowledged it. For cases like Honsule's, there's nothing the user can do. In saner climes RIM will replace the phone for free. In Nigeria, you're on your own.

GBAM !!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by coogar: 10:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
ambyzown:

I use a Samsung GT P1000 that runs Android 2.3.3 My brightness setting (on a 7inch screen) is on auto which means its at 100% whenever I'm in bright places. My bluetooth is on continuously as it is connected to my bt earpiece, I have whatsapp, IM+, Avast antivirus, email, facebook, linkedin and at least 10 other background apps working throughout. I currently have 13 tabs open on my web browser as I type this post. My GPS is permanently on and still get over a day's worth of battery life.

irrelevant to the topic in discussion.
who cares whether you have 250 tabs on or not? we are discussing rim, he's talking hebrews.

How can you defend the 9780 that hardly gives a full day's use even when 80% of the phone's features are not in use? Accept the fact that RIM made a poor phone in the 9780.

they did not. . . . .if they did, they would have recalled it back and have them replaced.

One more thing, please disabuse your mind of the fact that phone manufacturers don't make bad phones because they always do. That's why we get firmware updates to correct phone OS issues. The hardware issues, well you just have to live with that. If even Apple could make the iphone 4 which had the antennaegate issue, and Nokia made the N97 mini with shitty battery and performance, every manufacturer can make mistakes.

whoever said phone manufacturers don't make mistakes - i said they go at obscene lengths to make sure mistakes are not made.
this is where software testers/quality assurance nerds earn their stripes. after the phone is manufactured, quality assurance analysts then work on the fone subjecting it to vary degrees of stress and pressure to see if the phone would break down. sometimes they find bugs, sometimes they don't
that they did not find any bug does not mean bugs are not present. . . . .

there's no way a phone company would deliberately make fones whose batteries are shitty - that's ma point.
it would be one of the easiest things to detect and the quality assurance nerds would have pointed it out before the phone launches.
if your battery-life is crap, then something is wrong somewhere. the phone might even function on a wrong firmware that the user must have downloaded wrongly.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Akainzo(m): 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2012
dan_dollar:

Please,I want to find out if the networks here(MTN et al) allows bridging of the bb phone with the playbook so I could browse on the playbook using my phone's bis without extra charges.

Go ahead and bridge the PlayBook to your hearts content, the networks don't currently charge anything extra for it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Akainzo(m): 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
ambyzown:

My guy, Na wa for you o! These guys are talking about phones with maximum of 1500mAh rating and you come in to mention a tablet with 4000mAh rating! shocked shocked shocked That your tablet lasted only a day is a testament to what coogar is saying as you've got too mnay things running.

On a tablet, it is good, but on a phone-it is disaster.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Akainzo(m): 10:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
blank:

Hmmm, you've really had a bad experience with that particular phone. It is possible that you got a bad one with major defects, that however does not make the entire 9780 line bad. So many others are having a splendid experience with it.

You might want to investigate what is eating up the memory, sometimes, it is a rougue application that had mistakenly been installed initially. That phone might be 'phoning home' you know! grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by coogar: 10:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
Akainzo:

Hmmm, you've really had a bad experience with that particular phone. It is possible that you got a bad one with major defects, that however does not make the entire 9780 line bad. So many others are having a splendid experience with it.

You might want to investigate what is eating up the memory, sometimes, it is a rougue application that had mistakenly been installed initially. That phone might be 'phoning home' you know! grin

sane people have arrived. . .

Akainzo:

My guy, Na wa for you o! These guys are talking about phones with maximum of 1500mAh rating and you come in to mention a tablet with 4000mAh rating!! shocked shocked shocked That your tablet lasted only a day is a testament to what coogar is saying as you've got too mnay things running.

On a tablet, it is good, but on a phone-it is disaster.

it beats me!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Personally, I fink RIM bungled it with d 9900 in d battery aspect. Apart from d fact that its touchscreen and d os7 is juicier n more eye- catching, I don't really see a lot of difference. The browser on d 9900 z a lot bera too. But the 9900 still hangs for no reason @ all even when no apps are on. D battery is just appalling - and that iss for want of a more-fitting word to use. Bold 9900 z not d phone with d worst battery life I've ever used, but its close. I can't keep it on to save my life. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by dandollar1: 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
Akainzo:

Go ahead and bridge the PlayBook to your hearts
content, the networks don't currently charge anything extra for it.
.Thanx,man!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by RealMccoy1(m): 11:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
I live in the heart of Silicon Valley,CA I am bringing a large inventory of brand new Blackberry Bold 9900 and BB9810, I have not tested buying and selling in naija before,I heard there are cons and pros. I am seriously in need of resellers with cash to pay on arrival. Bold 9900 is faster that Bold 9700 which is an older version. I heard SLOT sells theirs for 120k can anyone confirm that with me? If it is through I will reduce mine by 1 percent. Don't purchase a brand new phone with no warrantee . All the phones I am bringing to Nigeria will have 1 year warrantee on them. I will also bring cordless 72hours talk time charger for serious buyers only. contact my Abuja rep for updates. 08023695990
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Akainzo(m): 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
Real Mccoy:

I live in the heart of Silicon Valley,CA I am bringing a large inventory of brand new Blackberry Bold 9900 and BB9810, I have not tested buying and selling in naija before,I heard there are cons and pros. I am seriously in need of resellers with cash to pay on arrival. Bold 9900 is faster that Bold 9700 which is an older version. I heard SLOT sells theirs for 120k can anyone confirm that with me? If it is through I will reduce mine by 1 percent. Don't purchase a brand new phone with no warrantee . All the phones I am bringing to Nigeria will have 1 year warrantee on them. I will also bring cordless 72hours talk time charger for serious buyers only. contact my Abuja rep for updates. 08023695990

How would the warranty you are touting work seeing as you are not an authorised BlackBerry reseller? Would you replace a bricked 9900 with a brand new one?
By a reduction in 1% from Slot, so you'd sell your phones for 119.400K? Why do you think one would buy from you and not from SLOT for a total saving of 600 Naira?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by coogar: 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Akainzo:

How would the warranty you are touting work seeing as you are not an authorised BlackBerry reseller? Would you replace a bricked 9900 with a brand new one?
By a reduction in 1% from Slot, so you'd sell your phones for 119.400K? Why do you think one would buy from you and not from SLOT for a total saving of 600 Naira?

if the phones come with warranty from america, then the warranty should cover it in nigeria.
if the phone gets damaged in nigeria. . . .the buyer would have to contact the seller, have the phone shipped back to america, get it replaced and sent back to nigeria. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by amblors(m): 11:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Slot sells for 95k.
I know dem I don't know u, even if u sell for 90K
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by Akainzo(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2012
coogar:

if the phones come with warranty from america, then the warranty should cover it in nigeria.
if the phone gets damaged in nigeria. . . .the buyer would have to contact the seller, have the phone shipped back to america, get it replaced and sent back to nigeria. grin

All these shipping costs at buyers expense because of 1% savings! grin shocked grin shocked grin grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Bb9700/9900 by coogar: 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
Akainzo:

All these shipping costs at buyers expense because of 1% savings! grin shocked grin shocked grin grin

he's selling in quantity, he has no store where he is faced with obscene overheads.
the money he would be getting is also tax-free. i think he's on to something. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Outperforms Others In Internet Subscriber Acquisition In June. / How To Transfer Credit In MTN Share And Sell, Change PIN / Whatsapp Takes Steps To Prevent The Spread Of Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.