Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? (15754 Views)

Is Masturbating With Images Of Your Spouse In Your Head A Sin? / If You Aint Worshipping A Black Man With Afro, Your Head Finna Be Chopped Off / Is Rihanna Pushing A Satanic Illuminati Agenda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Sweatshirt: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
You know what I mean, guys. When you're at church and the pastor ask's you to come forward, he then pushes your head; expecting you to fall like the others but nothing happens. The dude actually tried twice with me,

What does it mean when you don't fall?

Why is it that I get the feeling that people are acting when they fall?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Goshen360(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2012
Only those with demons fall in the bible days. Only demons makes people fall but Jesus would say, rise and walk. If there are any people who should fall, should it be the Holy Ghost, it should be the Apostles in Acts 2. Something is definitely wrong today and we need discernment to really know it. However, the word of God clearly teaches Jesus did not make any one fall and some people trying to catch from the back neither did the Apostles did. Read your bible and study in the word of God.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
You don't have to fall down. It's a manifestation of Gods power , if God no fall you, don't Fall yourself .
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Goshen360(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
Joagbaje:

You don't have to fall down. It's a manifestation of Gods power , if God no fall you, don't Fall yourself .

Where did God ever made people fall except by themselves in reference to worship as against someone pushing somebody?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Sweatshirt:

Why is it that I get the feeling that people are acting when they fall?

Sometimes people act, in others, the atmosphere generated by the Pastor leads a state of hysteria , and the result is the fall , When the fall occurs, the pastor will say you had a demon inside and then the real show begins , the result will be that you (and several others) end up filling the pockets of the pastor.

goshen360:

Only those with demons fall in the bible days. Only demons makes people fall but Jesus would say, rise and walk. If there are any people who should fall, should it be the Holy Ghost, it should be the Apostles in Acts 2. Something is definitely wrong today and we need discernment to really know it. However, the word of God clearly teaches Jesus did not make any one fall and some people trying to catch from the back neither did the Apostles did. Read your bible and study in the word of God.

Mhhhhh see ,
If the person falls demon , if there is no devil does not fall ,
I wonder what the pastor does all this theater to put his hand on the head if the person has no devil?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by PA1982(f): 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
This 'falling' or 'pushing' is a technique used by Chinese martial arts practitioners, too.
We were taught how to do this in a chi kung workshop I took some years back.

You can see it done on Youtube.
http://www.mind-energy.net/archives/288-Nei-kung-telekinesis-video-by-John-Chang-student.html

It has nothing to do per se with any particular religion or philosophy.
I'd recommend going to another church where the pastor doesn't indulge in this sort of theatrics.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
PA1982:

This 'falling' is a technique used by Chinese martial arts practitioners, too.
You can see it done on Youtube.
It has nothing to do per se with any particular religion or philosophy and eveything to do with working a crowd.

Exactly.
A fraud, to make it their livelihood

Mis respetuosos saludos, estimada amiga!
Y, que viva España Olé!
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2012
goshen360:

Where did God ever made people fall except by themselves in reference to worship as against someone pushing somebody?

The fact that somebody push doesn't mean. There's no genuine fall by the power of God. Why will you now use one mans mistake (if its true) to rubbish all of Gods manifestation
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
Joagbaje:

The fact that somebody push doesn't mean. There's no genuine fall by the power of God. Why will you now use one mans mistake (if its true) to rubbish all of Gods manifestation

I guess you have misinterpretation of the truth. I am going to start anything with you this time. However, our disagreement don't matter. You and I are still brothers in the Lord. Don't bother anyway. Thank you.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 4:09am On Feb 23, 2012
goshen360:

I guess you have misinterpretation of the truth.

No ,I think rather you don't know about the power of God. Have you ever healed the sick or cast out devil?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 23, 2012
Pastor Chris is very versed in this technique. In his case he doesnt even need to touch your head. He just says 'take it' and you see a full roll of people falling upon each other grin 'take it' and the whole choir fall down flat. and they say its the power of the holy spirit. scammers grin
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by PastorKun(m): 7:23am On Feb 23, 2012
^^^
But you would notice the camera man never falls when he shouts take it, obviously he has to remain in position to record the charade.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2012
Just as the disciples of Christ didn't fall down .when other people did cool

John 18:6
When Jesus told them, "I am he," the crowd backed away and fell to the ground,

Why didn't the des piles standing there fall also by the same power?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

Just as the disciples of Christ didn't fall down .when other people did cool

John 18:6
When Jesus told them, "I am he," the crowd backed away and fell to the ground,

Why didn't the des piles standing there fall also by the same power?

Jocircumvent at his best! Kia! I give You hand! YOU TOO MUCH!

But you were so dull to first notice backed away before fell to the ground.

But when your oga does the 'take it' they dont back away, they just roll upon each other and fall violently to the ground. You get the drift?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 23, 2012
but did you even ask yourself 'if they fell to the ground as a sign of honour' because of that declaration?

you know yoruba men also fall to the ground when they greet. hmmm you go school at all?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 23, 2012
Pastor Kun:

^^^
But you would notice the camera man never falls when he shouts take it, obviously he has to remain in position to record the charade.

explain this one pastor joe, the most anointed of God. If you dodge this one, i go know sey you be one heavy bongos for real. this is a challenge (dont post that your 'dont talk to the foolish' verse oh or else you would sound like one very big dummy)
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2012
That's why I asked the question, why didn't the disciples fall down?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 8:26am On Feb 23, 2012
diluminati:

explain this one pastor joe, the most anointed of God. If you dodge this one, i go know sey you be one heavy bongos for real. this is a challenge (dont post that your 'dont talk to the foolish' verse oh or else you would sound like one very big dummy)

Then stop talking foolishly dear. shocked
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 23, 2012
oh oh answer me first now? what is your problem?

But it wasnt even recorded in that verse or chapter that the disciples didnt fall down or they did abi?. why are you creating your own scripture out of the air? The point is you trying to justify the false impression of 'being slain in the spirit' when it is all about excitement and hysteria? counter me.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:30am On Feb 23, 2012
I'm more enlightened than you pastor. I'm sorry for those you lord over.
Joagbaje:

Then stop talking foolishly dear. shocked
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2012
Really?

Matthew 6:23
. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 23, 2012
Question: "Is being slain in the Spirit biblical?"

Answer: Most commonly, being “slain in the Spirit” happens when a minister lays hands on someone, and that person collapses to the floor, supposedly overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit. Those who practice slaying in the Spirit use Bible passages that talk about people becoming “as dead” (Revelation 1:17) or of falling upon their face (Ezekiel 1:28; Daniel 8:17-18, 10:7-9). However, there are a number of contrasts between this biblical falling on one's face and the practice of being slain in the Spirit.

1. The biblical falling down was a person's reaction to what he saw in a vision or an event beyond ordinary happenings, such as at the transfiguration of Christ (Matthew 17:6). In the unbiblical practice of being slain in the Spirit, the person responds to another’s touch or to the motion of the speaker's arm.

2. The biblical instances were few and far between, and they occurred only rarely in the lives of a few people. In the slain in the Spirit phenomenon, falling down is a repeated event and an experience that happens to many.

3. In the biblical instances, the people fall upon their face in awe at either what or whom they see. In the slain in the Spirit counterfeit, they fall backwards, either in response to the wave of the speaker's arm or as a result of a church leader's touch (or push in some cases).

We are not claiming that all examples of being slain in the Spirit are fakes or responses to a touch or push. Many people claim to experience an energy or a force that causes them to fall back. However, we find no biblical basis for this concept. Yes, there may be some energy or force involved, but if so, it is very likely not of God and not the result of the working of the Holy Spirit.

It is unfortunate that people look to such bizarre counterfeits that produce no spiritual fruit, rather than pursuing the practical fruit which the Spirit gives us for the purpose of glorifying Christ with our lives (Galatians 5:22-23). Being filled with the Spirit is not evidenced by such counterfeits, but by a life that overflows with the Word of God in such a way that it spills over in praise, thanksgiving, and obedience to God.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 23, 2012
The article above addresses the scenario of a pastor placing hands on a partcular person and the false impression of being slain in the spirit exhibited.

But for Pastor Chris to say 'Take it' and full roll of people (everyone inclusive except the camera man) in that particular zone roll upon each other scatter the chairs and violently fall to the ground! wow! very funny it makes we wanna bust out my belly with laughter!
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 8:51am On Feb 23, 2012
So why do they fall?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

So why do they fall?

1. Excitement
2. Trying to impress the pastor (hero worshipping)
3. Trying to impress their friends and other christian folks around
4. Tiredness
5. Scheming
6. Impressing the larger conglomerate (you know there are cameras everywhere and it will be aired live across all satellite t.v stations and viewed by millions worldwide). You get my drift?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 9:04am On Feb 23, 2012
So it's their fault and not the pastor . That clears pastor chris. But why falling why not jumping or standing on one leg grin
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 23, 2012
oh you were waiting for me to implicate your oga. when the people are faking it, then you oga is doing the same thing. like begets like. you get my drift?
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 9:11am On Feb 23, 2012
diluminati:

The article above addresses the scenario of a pastor placing hands on a partcular person and the false impression of being slain in the spirit exhibited.

So what do you say about this charade" here.

Mark 9:26
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by PastorKun(m): 9:14am On Feb 23, 2012
@ joagbaje
Firtsly there is no correlation in the John 18:6 example you quoted and what happens in CE. Those that fell in that passage fell on themselves when they moved back after Jesus Identified himself. They most likely fell out of fear and clearly not of any annointing as you are trying to mislead people.

In the case of people falling when Oyaks says take it, it's merely a peer pressure stereotype. As everyone is falling around you are inclined to fall as well else you would be labelled as resisting the anointing of the 'holy spirit'
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Enigma(m): 9:23am On Feb 23, 2012
Joagbaje:

So what do you say about this charade" here.

Mark 9:26
26 And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.

Ha, now we know! So all the people "falling under anointing" or being "slain in spirit" by Oyakhilome and other people like him with annoyingthing have an EVIL spirit in them. What is more, since the same people (e.g. members of Choir etc) always fall each time the "pastor" does his "take it" thing --- it means the evil spirit never leaves them or is always coming back into them.

This their annoyingthing na wa oh! smiley

cool
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by Joagbaje(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2012
There are several reasons for falling down. But all by Gods power . When the power comes upon a man. It either takes away the negative or impart the the positive sometimes both. When evil leaves a person. He may fall most times. Some times not , there could be other manifestations like coughing or vomiting of certain substances etc.

When the power of God impart the positive on a person ,he may fall also. Some don't fall too. Even on tv. It's not all that falls even when hand is laid on them . Others may fall without a touch.

Those who see it as obligation to fall (if there is any) are wrong. You don't need to fall if the anointing didn't fall you. You can still be blessed standing .
Re: Pastor Pushing Your Head; Hoping You Fall? by PastorKun(m): 10:20am On Feb 23, 2012
So going by Joagbaje's logic CE members are full of evil spirits. Hmmm very interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andres Bisonni Miracles: Atheists, Please Come In And Explain / An Open Letter To Daddy Freeze By Deji Yesufu / Facts About Hell In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.