Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. (9260 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / A Brave New World? Atheist Priests/Pastors Coming To A Church Near You. / Salvation In A Church Near You. We Sell Retail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by SamMilla1(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
This Grace of God Church a few meters from my house seems to be holding Church services every evening. They have their mega loud speakers faced to every direction outside their hall as i write this. I am writing this from the inside of my car because i am afraid to get down and go inside/i am seriously considering heading to a quiet bar to wait until about 12pm when they usually stop. Please someone should tell me how to convince this people that noise pollution can cause problems for people. Another concerned neighbour already confronted them and the result was that they labbelled him a ritualist who gets disturbed by their loud prayers and songs. Unfortunately every iiddiioott  in the neighbourhood now see the man as a ritualist because the Church said so.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by PastorKun(m): 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
Where do you reside? If you stay in Lagos, report to the Lagos state environmental protection agency. They should be able to call the church to order.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Goshen360(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Where do you reside? If you stay in Lagos, report to the Lagos state environmental protection agency. They should be able to call the church to order.

I can't but agree. You already said my mind. No controversy anymore.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Joagbaje(m): 7:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
@op
Why not go he the authorities in church first and compline
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by MyJoe: 7:39pm On Feb 22, 2012
Sam Milla:

This Grace of God Church a few meters from my house seems to be holding Church services every evening. They have their mega loud speakers faced to every direction outside their hall as i write this. I am writing this from the inside of my car because i am afraid to get down and go inside/i am seriously considering heading to a quiet bar to wait until about 12pm when they usually stop. Please someone should tell me how to convince this people that noise pollution can cause problems for people. Another concerned neighbour already confronted them and the result was that they labbelled him a ritualist who gets disturbed by their loud prayers and songs. Unfortunately every iiddiioott  in the neighbourhood now see the man as a ritualist because the Church said so.
Lol @ bolded.

Joagbaje, please read that part.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by tpia5: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
I dont think you need any excuse to go to a bar if that's where your mind is.

You are a grown man, right?
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by SamMilla1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2012
I stay in onitsha and i dont believe there is anything like environmental protection agency here.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by cantell(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Sam Milla:

I stay in onitsha and i dont believe there is anything like environmental protection agency here.
You never see sef. If you dare complain about noise from church loudspeakers in Onitsha, you're gone.
They'll use you as the main topic of their prayer.
Don't even try it!

1 Like

Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Goshen360(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2012
^^^ lol
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by omosexy1: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
@OP I sympathize with you. Just bear for a while, if it is a rented apartment, try to vacate the apartment once your tenancy contract expires.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by stepo707: 9:52am On Feb 23, 2012
The best is to endure and move out later.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by abhosts(m): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2012
I sense a level of hypocrisy in this thread. You moved into a Noisy neighborhood but expect it to become quiet because of you?
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by SamMilla1(m): 10:12am On Feb 23, 2012
@abhost, i think u just introduced a new method of identifying morrrrons,

1 Like

Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by lifestyle1(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2012
Join the church after a while turn the direction of the loud speaker to opposite side then leave. grin

2 Likes

Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by brixton: 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
i feel ur pain, try diplomacy with d church head
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Jemibee: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
You have to report the case to the police since u say u don't thk there's any special institution overseeing such nuisance. I'm a christian but i don't thk because they're praying, they have the right to disturb others. The night is meant to be quiet and not the other way round.
Sorry jare !!
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by ePUNK: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
Consult Boko Haram

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by freecocoa(f): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
This is a very serious problem OP I can imagine,I guess you should try meeting with the head pastor or something,if that doesn't help then I suggest you look for a way to burst the speakers. grin
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by EvilBrain1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
1. Call some of their leaders aside and try and reason with them.

2. Write them a strongly worded letter.

3. Involve your neighbourhood association.

4. Report them to the Lagos State Environment Protection Agency.

5. If all else fails, gather evidence and sue the basterds. At the very least, you'll attract enough attention to force the authorities to take action.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
@poster that means you are possessed if u can sleep grin
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by pato405(m): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
life_style:

Join the church after a while turn the direction of the loud speaker to opposite side then leave. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by baslone: 1:46pm On Feb 23, 2012
ePUNK:

Consult Boko Haram

Simple as A.B.C!!!! grin

Dey go fear fear nah!!!
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by ochiaha1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
You will find out that many of the people who are members of the church are uneducated and superstitious people, thats why your neighbour was labbeled a ritualist by them  ,  and so are not aware of the dangers of noise pollution. Those of them who are educated are also ignorant of this.

The Anambra State government Environmental protection Agency should put a stop to the noisy activities of such churches as their Lagos counterpart (LASEPA) are already doing.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by seguun(m): 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2012
Go and get for yourself some loud speakers with extra BASS, direct all your weapons towards your enemy's direction and blast with some disturbind sounds. Don't forget to keep your RESERVE incase of reinforcement.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by mkmyers45(m): 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2012
Hmm, can you leave the neighborhood? or

try

ePUNK:

Consult Boko Haram

and

life_style:

Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by cantell(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
abhosts:

I sense a level of hypocrisy in this thread. You moved into a Noisy neighborhood but expect it to become quiet because of you?
Have your head examined cos you're losing it.
life_style:

ePUNK:

Consult Boko Haram

Lawd! Have mercy.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Sallychizzl3: 2:15pm On Feb 23, 2012
life_style:

seguun:

Go and get for yourself some loud speakers with extra BASS, direct all your weapons towards your enemy's direction and blast with some disturbind sounds. Don't forget to keep your RESERVE incase of reenforcement.
ePUNK:

Consult Boko Haram

Go for d 1st quote
if it doesn't work try the 2nd, if they're still sturbborn try the 3rd.
If all fails, the 3rd option 'll work.
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by Bisjosh(f): 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^ lol
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by angelz(f): 2:38pm On Feb 23, 2012
Sammy. wazup!!
its quite some yrs now, so u may not rememba me.
if u r a xtian, jus pray. ur prayer may not b answered right away.
but keep prayin n hopin dat God help u 2 survive d noise.
one way or another, solution wil come.
jus try not 2 see dem as ur enemy while prayin.
u deserve the quiteness in ur neighborhood
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by charlesprince: 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
i knw d church u r talkin abt bro , talkin to d lleaders wont solve the problem, best option s government officials or BOKO HARAM,
Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by yemmight(m): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2012
Evil Brain:

1. Call some of their leaders aside and try and reason with them.

2. Write them a strongly worded letter.

3. Involve your neighbourhood association.

4. Report them to the Lagos State Environment Protection Agency.

5. If all else fails, gather evidence and sue the basterds. At the very least, you'll attract enough attention to force the authorities to take action.

In Onitsha, abi angry

1 Like

Re: Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Feb 23, 2012
angelz:

Sammy. wazup!!
its quite some yrs now, so u may not rememba me.
if u r a xtian, jus pray. ur prayer may not b answered right away.
but keep prayin n hopin dat God help u 2 survive d noise.
one way or another, solution wil come.
jus try not 2 see dem as ur enemy while prayin.
u deserve the quiteness in ur neighborhood
He should pray to survive the noise?hmm soon if mosquito bite person una go suggest prayer as solution too.na wa sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Word Of God Is Powerful! / Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? / Atheists Let's Discuss God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.