Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? (39594 Views)

Best 10 Schools To Study Pharmacy In Nigeria. / Advice On The Easiest Route To Study Pharmacy After B.eng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by eminemkayc: 11:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
ppl keep talkin abt ife ths ife that but in the field a number of the folks frm  this skul falls short of ones expectation, As an engr, u see most of them findin it diff to carry out engr analysis in d offic but their quick to mention their alma mata behind virtual screens. i must confess the unn grads iv come across hav NEVER dissapointd me. Their quite brilliant and always hav alternativ methods of solvin problems. But they hardly speak much on frolicsome topics like ths. My opinion though
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2012
Lol.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by gokuu(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2012
UNILAG is the best, but its very rigorous. They begin 7:00AM and close by 6:00STOOPM stoodaily. One has to score a minimum of 50 in all 100 level courses to move into the actual Faculty Of Pharmacy as against other Nigerian Varsities that use 40 as their benchmark. One could be withdrawn at any level including 500 level if he/she is found wanting. Ultimately, you'll do whatever you want, but I'll advice you to introspect on your Academics abilities, if you are 'hot', you should take UNIVERSITY OF FIRST CHOICE where the best are. if not, the 'rest' universities are waiting for u.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by gokuu(m): 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
@tpia, the fact that one school is tough is does not make others any less tough. Stop your chauvinism #just saying#
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 24, 2012
Anything medicine, na Uniben.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by onomeasike: 12:38am On Feb 24, 2012
it beats my imagination how, in the first place, you expect so much difference in how a well regulated professional course like pharmacy.In pharmacy,it is all about STANDARD,if a pharmacy school is not standard,it would have its acreditation withdrawn.However,the area that could come into consideration are,
1.What class of pharmacy degree?Is it Pharm D or B.Pharm.-if your choice is pharm D,choose Uniben,although the school is run from the oba of benins palace and currently,its medical program and products are recognised by uk medical board.
2.Admission criteria?It is most difficult to get into University of Lagos than any other school in Nigeria.The school for decades have the largest number of applicants.I laugh when they say ife pharmacy is tough because people cant cope.I disagree completely.The admission process of Ife is mild and the school has a tradition of taking everybody including weak students who later complain.It is the admission process in ife that is to blame.
3.The facilities available in the school.That is when you can mention UNILAG,IFE and UI.
The program in Unilag is very very tough.It is war and life-taking.For the past few years,people,quite sadly,I must confess,people are dying before induction because the program is very intense.A program where anything less than 50 is an F is not play-play,a program that when you fall sick,the fear of failing automatically takes over and you would first suspend taking drugs till after exams.
On tuesdays,if the practice is still on,your day ends by 9-10 pm after your pharmacology practicals.
Finally,I finished from the faculty of pharmacy,Unilag.On my induction day,I discovered that out of the 147 of us admitted into Akoka,only 15 made it to the finals!
Thank God I made it,thank God I am a Great Akokite.If you are very very academically sound, competitive and sophisticated.UNILAG IS YOUR BEST BET!The employers of labour can attest.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Btruth: 12:39am On Feb 24, 2012
, what about Unipetrol? lol, lol
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by onomeasike: 12:41am On Feb 24, 2012
I MEAN,for UNIBEN, its medical program and products are NOT recognised by uk medical board.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 1:09am On Feb 24, 2012
The people with hurt feelings because tpia@ (aka obama) did not mention their school, should check onomeasike's post for references on how to respond to a topic when somebody didnt mention your school.

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tanimola22: 1:45am On Feb 24, 2012
onomeasike:

it beats my imagination how, in the first place, you expect so much difference in how a well regulated professional course like pharmacy.In pharmacy,it is all about STANDARD,if a pharmacy school is not standard,it would have its acreditation withdrawn.However,the area that could come into consideration are,
1.What class of pharmacy degree?Is it Pharm D or B.Pharm.-if your choice is pharm D,choose Uniben,although the school is run from the oba of benins palace and currently,its medical program and products are recognised by uk medical board.
2.Admission criteria?It is most difficult to get into University of Lagos than any other school in Nigeria.The school for decades have the largest number of applicants.I laugh when they say ife pharmacy is tough because people cant cope.I disagree completely.The admission process of Ife is mild and the school has a tradition of taking everybody including weak students who later complain.It is the admission process in ife that is to blame.
3.The facilities available in the school.That is when you can mention UNILAG,IFE and UI.
The program in Unilag is very very tough.It is war and life-taking.For the past few years,people,quite sadly,I must confess,people are dying before induction because the program is very intense.A program where anything less than 50 is an F is not play-play,a program that when you fall sick,the fear of failing automatically takes over and you would first suspend taking drugs till after exams.
On tuesdays,if the practice is still on,your day ends by 9-10 pm after your pharmacology practicals.
Finally,I finished from the faculty of pharmacy,Unilag.On my induction day,I discovered that out of the 147 of us admitted into Akoka,only 15 made it to the finals!
Thank God I made it,thank God I am a Great Akokite.If you are very very academically sound, competitive and sophisticated.UNILAG IS YOUR BEST BET!The employers of labour can attest.

Some people go make very good marketers O. kai, see yarns!
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by pato405(m): 1:55am On Feb 24, 2012
tanimola22:

Some people go make very good marketers O. kai, see yarns!

don't mind him.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by eiete(f): 5:23am On Feb 24, 2012
Great UNIBEN!

Well it's all been said by my previous posters.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by eiete(f): 5:36am On Feb 24, 2012
onomeasike:

I MEAN,for UNIBEN, its medical program and products are NOT recognised by uk medical board.

What do you mean "UNIBEN, its medical program and products are not recognized by UK medical board".

Please give us fact not unsupported statements.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by davesam4all: 6:35am On Feb 24, 2012
UNIBEN wins,
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by funshint(m): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2012
@Poster, pls don't pay attention 2 most of d advise being given here. Don't dare go to Unijos, jos is quite unstable ethno-politically. If u're nt choosing U.I or OAU, all d other universities are CRAP!!! Besides why are u coming to Nigeria 2 study, its a waste of time. Get a good skl in yankee 'cos in Nigeria u can only know wen u get in, wen u'll graduate is a different issue!
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by muyoto: 10:31am On Feb 24, 2012
onomeasike:

1.What class of pharmacy degree?Is it Pharm D or B.Pharm.-if your choice is pharm D,choose Uniben[b],although the school is run from the oba of benins palace[/b] and currently,its medical program and products are recognised by uk medical board.

Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by muyoto: 10:42am On Feb 24, 2012
eiete:

What do you mean "UNIBEN, its medical program and products are not recognized by UK medical board".

Please give us fact not unsupported statements.

Not my intention to derail the thread, but it is true, sadly, that medical doctors who graduated from Uniben after 2010, as well as graduates of some other universities will not be allowed to practice in the UK.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/uk-blacklists-medical-graduates-9-nigerian-universities
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2012
Going to nigeria to study isnt necessarily a waste of time.

It depends on the person's circumstances and situation.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Geeweeny(m): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2012
cry
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by ohemmanu: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2012
@josites-are you a zoo student to say that it's even difficult for a zoo student to come out with a 2.1?you think that zoo is all about counting animals or what?for me i think that is even more difficult than biochemistry.@topic-i graduated from unijos and i can tell you that the pharmacy is very good that is if you can handle the tension that comes up in the state.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by DrKlever(m): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
@Onomeasike you are a fool for saying oau admission is mild so they admit weak students, wat u just said is a fallacy. Come 2 think of it, last yr oau had d 2nd most applicant 4rm jamb after unilag nd dat is due to d fact dat unilag is in a metropolitan city every 1 wud want 2 stay nd secondly candidates are afraid of oau strict nd competitive admission procedures unlike unilag which is a political school any slowpoke with money can attend. In 2011/2012 d cut-off 4 medicine for both jamb nd post jamb aggregrate was 295 nd 83% for predegree students. How many jambites can score 300 nd above in UTME nd post utme. Mr Man learn how to control ur mouth nd don't say any shit in it. PEACE
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Tolexander: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
DrKlever:

@Onomeasike you are a fool for saying oau admission is mild so they admit weak students, wat u just said is a fallacy. Come 2 think of it, last yr oau had d 2nd most applicant 4rm jamb after unilag nd dat is due to d fact dat unilag is in a metropolitan city every 1 wud want 2 stay nd secondly candidates are afraid of oau strict nd competitive admission procedures unlike unilag which is a political school any slowpoke with money can attend. In 2011/2012 d cut-off 4 medicine for both jamb nd post jamb aggregrate was 295 nd 83% for predegree students. How many jambites can score 300 nd above in UTME nd post utme. Mr Man learn how to control ur mouth nd don't say any poo in it. PEACE
almost wanted to reply d dude but jst kept quiet. Above 70000 candidates sat for oau postutme last year, but just lil bit below 5000 got above 200 out of 400. Dtz 7.2%. Wonder why some just come here to run mouth. But oau gives admission base on merit anyway.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^Oga, about 42K ppl sat d post utme last year
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
Article rather
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2012
Presently, only UNIBEN offers PharmD. . . It is like MADONNA too do offer but forget it. . . If u wanna go back to the states after your training, then UNIBEN's PharmD is wat u need. USA scraped the BPharm program in 1985 and consequently adopted PharmD, I don't know wat Nigeria is waiting for. Good luck.
Rx_world: As men of honour, we join hands.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by gokuu(m): 7:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
DrKlever:

@Onomeasike you are a fool for saying oau admission is mild so they admit weak students, wat u just said is a fallacy. Come 2 think of it, last yr oau had d 2nd most applicant 4rm jamb after unilag nd dat is due to d fact dat unilag is in a metropolitan city every 1 wud want 2 stay nd secondly candidates are afraid of oau strict nd competitive admission procedures unlike unilag which is a political school any slowpoke with money can attend. In 2011/2012 d cut-off 4 medicine for both jamb nd post jamb aggregrate was 295 nd 83% for predegree students. How many jambites can score 300 nd above in UTME nd post utme. Mr Man learn how to control ur mouth nd don't say any poo in it. PEACE
LIAR!!! last year, UNILAG had the highest no of applicants in JAMB followed by ABU, UNN, UNIZIK and UNIBEN, oau was not even amongst the five most-preferred institutions. If you say its because Lagos is a metropolis, are zaria and Nsukka also metropolitan in nature? which one is political University? UNILAG remains west Africa's most competitive University in terms of Admissions. UNILAG's UTME cut-off for medicine was 76%, which is 304/400 as against oau's 295 and all its village applicants were shouting unnecessarily. Honestly, i would'nt have replied your post, but you just had to be informed.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by gokuu(m): 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
DrKlever:

LIAR!!! last year, UNILAG had the highest no of applicants in JAMB followed by ABU, UNN, UNIZIK and UNIBEN,http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/utme-2011-unilag-tops-with-99195-applicants-adeleke-13-at-the-rear/, oau was not even amongst the five most-preferred institutions. If you say its because Lagos is a metropolis, are zaria and Nsukka also metropolitan in nature? which one is political University? UNILAG remains west Africa's most competitive University in terms of Admissions. UNILAG's UTME cut-off for medicine was 76%, which is 304/400 as against oau's 295 and all its village applicants were shouting unnecessarily. Honestly, i would'nt have replied your post, but you just had to be informed.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^everyone knows unilag is easier to get into than oau.

are you unaware of this fact?
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ topic

the bulk of onomeasike's post was ok, the part about the strength or weakness of the admission process is his personal opinion.

but the ones with hurt feelings over their school not being mentioned by me, should just take some tips from him on how to respond when your school isnt mentioned by somebody.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by gokuu(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^^We all know that UNILAG is the toughest University to get into in Nigeria and the west of Africa.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
^in your dreams maybe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Break Into Top 500 World University Ranking / Hilarious. #oaustories Now Trending On Twitter / Student Beats Principal To Coma In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.