Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? (39572 Views)

Best 10 Schools To Study Pharmacy In Nigeria. / Advice On The Easiest Route To Study Pharmacy After B.eng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Tolexander: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by muyoto: 8:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
GboyegaD:

If you read my response well, you would realise I spoke on only 2 schools that I have information on because I graduated from one and for the other, my uncle used to be the faculty officer as such I have visited the department many times. Till tomorrow, Ife does not allow you carry over a single pharmacy course. If you need confirmation, you can take the next available cab to Ife to confirm  grin grin grin lipsrsealed.
Lastly, never be in a haste to generalise when you are not sure because it doesn't speak well of you. You just committed a fallacy of hasty generalisation (in philosophy) and fallacy of composition (in economics) by the bolded part of your response.

All pharmacy schools in Nigeria are supposed to follow the same course schedule as approved by PCN, (i.e those running the same degree program) so I must say I"m surprised to see this, and yes, I will confirm.

Your advice on the need to move slowly when generalizing is also noted.   cool
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by dayokanu(m): 8:54pm On Feb 23, 2012
Why do you want to leave US to go to a Pharmacy School in Nigeria
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Tolexander: 8:56pm On Feb 23, 2012
emmke:

Prof. E. N. Sokomba, Prof. Okwasaba, Prof. J. A. Kolawole. You can google them up. Is not sentiment man, is fact. Unijos's Pharmacy School is one of the best in the country. This is just one their latest achievements:
wonda why some guys give a cramp to a serious question. The question is about pharmacy and not biogenetic engineering which unijos has just made a success in. Pharmacy is different from biogenetic engineerin.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by GboyegaD(m): 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

This is an exercise in futility, OP. You'll just get all these delusional graduates from SW universities spamming your board with what they've been brainwashed with. Almost all accredited Federal universities offer a competitive, rigorous program. An OAU, UI or UNILAG pharmacy graduate has no real advantage over a UNIBEN or UNN graduate. They're all about the same.

Ps: Why are OAU students and graduates so insufferably arrogant? I can't think of a more unbearable group of alumni - not even UNILAG alumni who can be amusingly smug.

Never hate the player, hate the game. It wasn't our fault you were not priviledge to attend the great institution.

To the topic, a read through the resposes thus far never portrayed any Ife graduate saying the school's pharmacy program is the best. All we have said is that Ife Pharmacy is rigourous. However, the person(s) who gave ratings never made reference to hin(her)self being a graduate of Ife. Take your time to read people's responses with an open mind and besides, this is just a forum and you need not take people's responses as being the best. Sieve the responses and pick whichever ones you feel you are okay with.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

This is an exercise in futility, OP. You'll just get all these delusional graduates from SW universities spamming your board with what they've been brainwashed with. [/quotes]

i think its a free world and public website.

you dont need to feel bad when others discuss things they experienced. Open a thread and share your own, or do you have nothing to share?

Almost all accredited Federal universities offer a competitive, rigorous program. An OAU, UI or UNILAG pharmacy graduate has no real advantage over a UNIBEN or UNN graduate. They're all about the same.

how are they all the same when uniben graduates are saying their school offers a D Pharm while others dont.

kindly stop being narrowminded, shallow and majoring in minors.

if you have any suggestion to make, make it without bitterness.

Ps: Why are OAU students and graduates so insufferably arrogant? I can't think of a more unbearable group of alumni - not even UNILAG alumni who can be amusingly smug.

sorry you feel that way!!!

most alumni of good schools are confident and easy mixers. This applies anywhere in the world.

if you interpret that as arrogance then too bad.

which school did you attend, if you dont mind my asking.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Tolexander: 9:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
muyoto:

All pharmacy schools in Nigeria are supposed to follow the same course schedule as approved by PCN, (i.e those running the same degree program) so I must say I"m surprised to see this, and yes, I will confirm.

Your advice on the need to move slowly when generalizing is also noted.   cool

no need of riskin d journey to ife, am an oau pharmacy student. It is not possible to carry over a course. All courses are required to be passed before leaving the class.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
have to repost, sorry

Obi1kenobi:

This is an exercise in futility, OP. You'll just get all these delusional graduates from SW universities spamming your board with what they've been brainwashed with.

i think its a free world and public website.

you dont need to feel bad when others discuss things they experienced. Open a thread and share your own, or do you have nothing to share?

Almost all accredited Federal universities offer a competitive, rigorous program. An OAU, UI or UNILAG pharmacy graduate has no real advantage over a UNIBEN or UNN graduate. They're all about the same.

how are they all the same when uniben graduates are saying their school offers a D Pharm while others dont.

most alumni of good schools are confident and easy mixers. This applies anywhere in the world.

Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
tpia@:

I attended UNN and I do speak from experience. The OAU contingent are a really loud, conceited group and you'd think they were Oxbridge or Ivy League trained with their posturing. Your allusions to bitterness on my part is ridiculous. I'm just questioning the peculiarity of the incessant, cringe-worthy chest thumping from Ife students.

I remember an aunt who went to Law school in Lagos mocking a lecturer in Law school who when you correctly answer his question, says "you must be from Ife" always to a resounding "no" from the student and general laughter from the class.

I just genuinely find Ife students a peculiar bunch.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
a lecturer in Law school who when you correctly answer his question, says "you must be from Ife" always to a resounding "no" from the student and general laughter from the class.

well, that should tell you something.

they never said they werent.

but the bad belle on your part is unnecessary.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2012
I'm just questioning the peculiarity of the incessant, cringe-worthy chest thumping from Ife students.

most ife students here do not display anything you're alluding to.

you're the one with a chip on your shoulder, imo.

nothing wrong with supporting your alma mater or reminiscing about the time you spent there.

the threads where ife students are discussing with each other, are usually titled ife, oau, or something similar.

you can start a thread for unn [since you say you went there]- nothing is stopping you.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by GboyegaD(m): 9:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
Obi1kenobi:

I attended UNN and I do speak from experience. The OAU contingent are a really loud, conceited group and you'd think they were Oxbridge or Ivy League trained with their posturing. Your allusions to bitterness on my part is ridiculous. I'm just questioning the peculiarity of the incessant, cringe-worthy chest thumping from Ife students.

I remember an aunt who went to Law school in Lagos mocking a lecturer in Law school who when you correctly answer his question, says "you must be from Ife" always to a resounding "no" from the student and general laughter from the class.

I have met people like you in the past who just could not stand Ife graduates most times because they were not opportuned to attend the school. I would suggest you look beyond the school people graduate from, grow up and learn to accept things you cannot change.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by muyoto: 9:47pm On Feb 23, 2012
Tolexander:

no need of riskin d journey to ife, am an oau pharmacy student. It is not possible to carry over a course. All courses are required to be passed before leaving the class.

Amazing! I doff my hat for una o! Na im be say if i for dia I skool, I no for graduate lipsrsealed shocked shocked
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Elobest(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
I think unn is still the best university in terms of pharmacy becos of their products.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
tpia@:

well, that should tell you something.

they never said they werent.

but the bad belle on your part is unnecessary.

The man in question is an alumni and lecturer at Ife so it tells me nothing other than the fact he's delusional and narrow-minded enough to ascribe intelligence exclusively to a particular group with which he has visceral ties.

Take yourself as an example. Your very first comment on this thread alluded to unique rigour in OAU's pharmacy programme as if you're privy to that of other schools who are apparently just there to play.

The medicine, pharmacy and law programmes of all first and even 2nd generation universities in Nigeria are fiercely competitive. Quit the mantra you're getting sold in that insular bubble of yours that ascribes phoney, exclusive virtue to your school.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:55pm On Feb 23, 2012
Take yourself as an example. Your very first comment on this thread alluded to unique rigour in OAU's pharmacy programme as if you're privy to that of other schools who are apparently just there to play.

you need to stop fighting a war no one is fighting with you.

i alluded to the rigours of the ife programme because its something i know of personally.

get it?

i'm not going to start posting stories here, but like i said, let go of the chip on your shoulder.

ife people tend to be open minded and do not have a problem with you.

so stop portraying yourself in this negative light because it doesnt make you look good.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by bulksms247(m): 9:56pm On Feb 23, 2012
Stay where you are ooo. Medicine is a 6years course but here in Nigeria I promise you 8 years with this their ASUU do dis ASUU do dat, FG do dis FG do dat cok and bull story
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
obi1kenobi

this was my first post on the thread:

Anyway, i think most of the federal universities should have pharmacy programmes.

Just choose the one which is convenient for you.

Oau pharmacy used to be a bit brutal- (not for everyone though)but if you dont want rigorous studies then go to unilag or maybe UI.

I dont know much about the state and private university programs but it seems the ones in the east have a wide variety of cours offerings

this was my second:

Oau has one of the toughest programs in pharmacy imo, so i wouldnt advise just anyone to go there although of course its not everyone who will have a tough time.

But places like unilag might be less stressful for pharmacy.

Dont know about most of the other programs but as long as they're accredited by the standard accrediting board, they should be ok.

Na the same salary everybody go collect nah.

do you see where you have missed it?

if you dont, too bad.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
GboyegaD:

I have met people like you in the past who just could not stand Ife graduates most times because they were not opportuned to attend the school. I would suggest you look beyond the school people graduate from, grow up and learn to accept things you cannot change.
lol, delusion at its best. Yeah, I cry into my pillow everynight because Cambridge, sorry, OAU didn't accept me even though I never applied for the school. I'm so suicidal, lol.

I'm doing perfectly well with my "inferior" UNN degree. You can keep your Harvard, sorry, I meant OAU degree.:-D
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Tolexander: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
muyoto:

Amazing! I doff my hat for una o! Na im be say if i for dia I skool, I no for graduate lipsrsealed shocked shocked
u for graduate, but may not be from faculty of pharmacy cos one is only chanced to be in a class for two sessions after which one would be withdrawn from the faculty. This applies from part 2 to 5, which means 1 can b withdrawn from the faculty in his final year. NA SO LIFE BE IN OAU PHARMACY O!
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 10:01pm On Feb 23, 2012
The man in question is an alumni and lecturer at Ife

he's an alumni of ife, that shouldnt annoy you.

I myself would still like to lecture at Ife someday.

so it tells me nothing other than the fact he's delusional and narrow-minded enough to ascribe intelligence exclusively to a particular group with which he has visceral ties.
[/quotes]

your lack of visceral ties to your own alma mater isnt his fault, dont you think.

anyway, if you or whoever dont like it, then ask him to tone down, as long as you can get away with doing so.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by tpia5: 10:02pm On Feb 23, 2012
so it tells me nothing other than the fact he's delusional and narrow-minded enough to ascribe intelligence exclusively to a particular group with which he has visceral ties.

your lack of visceral ties to your own alma mater isnt his fault, dont you think.

anyway, if you or whoever dont like it, then ask him to tone down, as long as you can get away with doing so.

Obi1kenobi:

I'm doing perfectly well with my "inferior" UNN degree. You can keep your Harvard, sorry, I meant OAU degree.:-D

well, if you feel inferior, its up to you.

your feelings are your own.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by GboyegaD(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2012
muyoto:

Sincerely, you would have graduated. The fact that you choose to study the course simply implies you have the zeal you need to study hard and excel. The worst that might happen is you may have to repeat but that is not the end of the world. I once had 5 roommates who were Pharmacy Students when I was in Part 3 and though sometimes when I look back now I laugh because then I pitied them.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Seyiboy6(m): 10:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
[color=#006600][/color][url][/url]

Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by GboyegaD(m): 10:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
Tolexander:

u for graduate, but may not be from faculty of pharmacy cos one is only chanced to be in a class for two sessions after which one would be withdrawn from the faculty. This applies from part 2 to 5, which means 1 can b withdrawn from the faculty in his final year. NA SO LIFE BE IN OAU PHARMACY O!

That was the part I dreaded most because I had friends who finished from my department and other social sciences who crossed because they repeated twice. I also had friends who used 7 to 9 sessions cos they had to repeat but now it is history. They eventually graduated from Pharmacy and they are proud they attended Ife. Like a song I learnt sometimes back then, if I reincarnate and I come as a Nigerian, I would attend no other school but Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ife's system in pharmacy is actually employed in UNN pharmacy where carryovers aren't allowed. You resit courses soon after results for the semester are out and 2 resits of the same courses gets you expelled or transferred from the faculty. There's also a maximum number of units you can resit. They were certainly more ruthless than my faculty (Engineering) where you could rack up carry-overs anyhow till you reach 9/5 in year of study.

I still don't understand while the OP would come back to naija. Abi na tuition fee be wahala?
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by SuyaEater(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2012
dayokanu:

Why do you want to leave US to go to a Pharmacy School in Nigeria

Going to pharmacy school in america is like going for debt, going to school in naija is cheaper while you will be getting the same education.
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by SuyaEater(m): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
Thank you very much guys, uniben seems to be getting the most recommendation, but do you guys know the cost of pharmacy degree with each top school.

I will definately want to go for doctor of pharmacy!
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by dayokanu(m): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
Its better you stay in America cos after your naija degree you would still need to write the exams, Then have you factored in the cost of ASUU strikes et al
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by DrKlever(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Obi1kenobi, plz stop fighting ife-oau students though i agree wif u in sum aspects but they are really great. Plz stop the envy on them. @all does it mean wen a sku offers D pharm. they are really d best? In dat case madonna uni is d best in it cuz they do D pharm with a gud functional cafe 4 students in d faculty. Plz we can't knw d best by claiming our alma mata is. PEACE
Re: What Are The Top Rank Universities In Naija To Study Pharmacy? by pedestal82(m): 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2012
@Suyaeater,in Uniben cost is cheap, skool fees apart from fresh year is roughly N9k, no spending of money on blocking,male hostel you can get for almost free if u choose to colonise,oficial fee is 6k. A functional faculty Library, if u can't afford books, u don't buy handouts,lecture notes are given to class reps, all u do is collect and photocopy,a funstional computer room, if u can't afford a laptop. The list goes on and on. Trust me Uniben pharmacy skool shld be ur best bet, all u need do is JACK and JACK, PASS, or be sent home even in Year 5. My 2 cent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missing 500L OAU Female Student (Pictured) / Photo From FUTO Exam Hall / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.