Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo (1835 Views)

How Rivers Senators Plan To Pull Amaechi Down At Screening / Proposed Immunity For Senate President, Speaker Etal: Dead On Arrival (DOA) / Pro-lawan Senators Plan To Eject Saraki After Sallah Festivities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by ono(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2006
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article06/210306

Hmnn. My people, make una see the face of a corrupt, corruption fighter. His ilks are rooting for immunity for him, so that his sin, which are many will not be uncovered. They say it's an easy way for him to dump third term.

Methink, he'll face the music for all he's done and he's going to dance pretty well.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by pie1ect(m): 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2006
Ono, You beat me to this one.

I initially thought it was a creation of the media when I saw the headline on the Guardian newpaper website. Obviously not.

If these reports are true, then I have to say Our political leaders are totally shameless. How can one man hold a nation to ransom? Who the hell is Obasanjo that Nigerians have to beg him to leave Aso rock?

If anybody needed proof of Obasanjo's corruption, they've got it. Just when you think we can't sink any lower, this happens.

Abeg, make I leave my fellow Nairalanders to comment on this issue but if anything, this is the height of "misuse of power"

*Spits*
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2006
As much as I disapprove of the third term, I don't see what this has to do with Obasanjo. This is an idea developed entirely in the heads of that particular group of senetors. Or is Obansanjo now responsible for what all senetors do and say?
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by ono(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2006
Mai brother Mariory, it's no news again that our bunch of senators are actually rubber stamp lawmakers o. They will dance to any tune as long as you dangle the juicy carrots before them. What with ghana-must-go bags positioned very close to the maces at the national assembly, meant for senators/honorable reps who will approve of OBJs third term?

Throughout the life of OBJs administration, he has been the invisible hand remote-controlling everything that affects our daily life. He's the author of hike in fuel prices, the maker of obnoxious laws and the grand designer of gangsterism. What about intimidation of opponents through the use of state apparatus. He's turned NEPA to PHCN, and we are worse for that.

I believe it's because baba has suddenly realised that there's nowhere to hide with his multitude of sins and that the third term project will not see the light of the day. That's why he's making frantic efforts to get his ilks in the senate(and he's got quite a number of them) to come up with a law that will allow him freedom to move around freely, as another option out of the web he's entangled in.

May the Lord almighty deliver us from our oppressors.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by funloving(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2006
I am already waiting for the next trick these lawmarkers will come up with.
Maybe a trip to the Moon for the great,indefatigable Obasanjo.
Shameless charlatans !  angry

*hisses*
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Seun(m): 7:23pm On Mar 21, 2006
I am very much dissapointed, but I am still waiting for President Obasanjo to surprise all of us by making the right decisions for the country. I'm waiting for him to separate himself from these people one day.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by jibitoye(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2006
Seun,

Don't even try to believe OBJ is not right behind all of these. He can't be seperated from the decisions made at the National Assembly at the moment as that body is only there to ratify from comes from the "Villa".

OBJ will not stand up for Nigerians, because sincerely he has absolutely nothing to gain from that, or does he?
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Larufa(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2006
Let them give him Immunity so that he can go come 2007.
Their immunity is human and can not be divine.
Can they provide him immunity from Death and God. This is not possible.
So what is the stress.

Another Govt. and group of legislators will come and do the right thing: remove/ revoke the immunity. He will have to account for his stewardship. It is just a matter of time. It has happeded before and it will happen again. Remember the case of one of the southern Africa country, I can recollect precisely; was it Zambia -- K.K. Kaunda and Chiluba or the case of Chile with their former Head - Pinochet?? . Their immunity were remove after they left office.

So Govt. come Govt. Go, Nigeria still remain.

Just Let us ease OBJ out, since he is afraid of the future. Let him have immunity that can be remove later.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Jaybaba(m): 10:22am On Nov 13, 2006
Has this been confirmed?
I wait to confirm.
Only the guilty are afraid.
The grand design or script to enslave Nigeria and have the raiders protected by law is playing itself out if this is true.
Oh God, let this never be true. But if it is May God punish those behind this.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by otokx(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2006
There is nothing like life immunity; that is one of the beauties of democracy.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by lewa(m): 3:44am On Nov 15, 2006
What is he afraid of? grin
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 4:02am On Nov 15, 2006
This is a dead issue and was tramped at the senete cause the governors wanted the same treatment.
Re: Senators Plan Life Immunity For President Obasanjo by Dabbs: 12:30pm On May 18, 2010
smiley "No prophet is ever welcome in his own home town." "No messiah is ever praised alive, but when they are dead,

people crave for their sculptures and kiss their graves." "Don't purify yourself, but God Himself purifies whom He

wishes." "Your own is rejected, for you have rejected the God's anointed"

[size=8pt][/size] These are the words that embarked the colossal, OBJ. A big kudos for the hero, history and the genius!

Should he (OBJ) be nominated for life immunity, he deserves it and more. Let those who know him tell you about him, or you go and ask a revered oracle or people of vision, of a creature like OBJ, they will tell you.

Even though my state happened to be a victim of his regime, I respect and envy the type being God has made him (Obasanjo).

In a token sign of his being: He recently made a comment and cited 'Jesus Christ' for an example, people (Who know nothing) started requesting for his apology (some Muslims also used to doing this), whereas, they are the

erratic believers. He cited the statement correctly off any chords of critics, whatsoever. In his citation, he revealed the true statement of a real theology of an orthodox Christian with the followings:

- That Jesus Christ is from God Almighty, but not God.

- That Jesus Christ is ever powerful than any mankind on the surface of earth.

- That no human being can stand his miracles; still, he OBJ sees that he can't conduct
   fair elections in Nigeria because of severity of the people therein. Isn't this true?
   Otherwise, Jesus would have averted the conspiracy of Judas and his people on his
   (Jesus) day of fate (Crucification).

But this shows that he (Jesus), too, is controlled by Almighty God. And only God is infallible. This is the true theological study andbelief for Christianity - let's go to the theology school before we stand preaching. 
       This is the only way we can have balance and accurate religion understanding in Nigeria and avoid religion crises.

So, if this is a true speculation, the man deserves it. If we have true love for Nigeria, know what suits that country, and let away selfish thinking, we should have given him the mandate for the third term. But we hid under the auspices of fabric law and did away with the reality while the world laughs at us.

The man who is himself history – coming from Biafra – to Post Biafra –  the No.2 of Muritala Rahmat Muhammad's Camp.(in which Buhari, Idiagbon (R.I.P), Sheikh Musa Yar'Adua (R.I.P), Babangida, Dongoyaro, Raji Razaki, Marwa, etc. are all subaltern - Active military envoy in Angola (where lethal Zavimbi's rebels did exist), and South Africa (to exit apartheid). Pls, whoever doesn't know him should ask. If you call him the father of modern Nigeria, I accept.

smiley LONG LIVE AREMU, EKUN OKO ABAKALIKKI…!!! smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Took A Danfo (bus) 3 Days To Indepence Anniversary / Can You Understand This Politician English? / Dora Akunliyi- From Drug Warrior To Mis - Information Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.