Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria (11684 Views)

Angry Citizen Blasts Immigration Officials In Lagos Airport For Bribery / Fish And Fufu: An American Lady's Experience Of Lagos City / What (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by joseph020(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
Pls what does need to be done, an american citizen intended to visit Nigeria, is there a nid to apply for visa in united state before cuming
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Lastbourne(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2012
YES you need apply for nigerian visa from the States.

1 Like

Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by joseph020(m): 1:12pm On Feb 23, 2012
How do u knw, coz what I learnt is dat holding an american passport qualifies us to travelling to the world
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by kelz88(f): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ye duhh that's the whole idea. However you still need visa.
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2012
joseph020:

Pls what does need to be done, an american citizen intended to visit Nigeria, is there a nid to apply for visa in united state before cuming

joseph020:

How do u knw, coz what I learnt is dat holding an american passport qualifies us to travelling to the world

If you knew all that why then are you here asking questions? Pack your bag and start travelling to the world.

1 Like

Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 24, 2012
Passport and Visa are two different things.

With a US passport, we are able to go to most touristy type countries that is worthy of going to without a Visa (UK, Germany, Australia, etc). For Nigeria you will need a Nigerian Visa for your USA passport.

Is the American Citizen also a Nigerian Citizen?

If so, then they do not need a visa as long as there is a valid/current Nigerian passport.

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/no-visa-required.html
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Lasinoh: 6:53am On Feb 24, 2012
All countries that ask Nigerians for visas get the same treatment from Nigeria. America is one of them. You have to apply and PAY for the visas. Go and get a Nigerian passport for $200. Oyinbo Mike Wallace of 60 has one. You don't need to appear in person. I can help you for a small fee.
Q.E.D!  kiss
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by llbhuds: 3:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
justwise:

[/b]
[/b]

If you knew all that why then are you here asking questions? Pack your bag and start travelling to the world.

abi oooo, My own beloved naija.
even if obama no get diplomatic p he go need visa to enter my country.
PROUDLY NAIJA FOREVER
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Real14all: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
Make hin no get visa, make hin just fly come. I trust those immigrations, dey no dey carry last. dem go use am chop, kon send am back.
Shey naija no dey carry visa go thier country?so the same thing must apply to us, unless hin just won do flight tourist.
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by iykay4455(m): 2:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
justwise:

[/b]
[/b]

Should moderators be commenting on topics?Just asking
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
iykay4455:

Should moderators be commenting on topics?Just asking

Yes, I read the TOS, and you should too, and it does not forbid.

I personally want the mods to participate more and do actual mod duties like getting rid of nonsensical adverts that seems to be the bane of this forum.
Re: An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria by Uzorvip: 10:33am On Mar 05, 2019
For an American citizen who wants to visit Nigeria, He must have a Nigeria visa. He can do apply for the visa online or by using a visa agent with Nigeria. Visa agents usually made the process faster. The American citizen also needs other important information before embarking on a trip to Nigeria. Check here:

https://travelvisa.ng/how-to-visit-nigeria-from-usa/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport Offices ? / My Dubai Experience (dubai Isn't What You Think It Is) / One Dead, Two Injured In Ogun Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.