Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia (2485 Views)

Why Igbo Elite Are Scared To Back Biafra Struggle – Col. Joe Achuzia / Biafra Did Not Surrender – Achuzia / VANGUARD: Danjuma’s Comments Confirm Genocide Against Igbo – Achuzia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia by DuduNegro: 2:09am On Feb 24, 2012
I have no love for Biafra but out of all the Biafran soldiers and leaders I heard about, only two are indeed worthy of mention.

1. Philip Efiong - for his vision, bravery, leadership and family values.
2. Joseph Achuzia - for his tactical skills, commitment and bravery.

The rest of the Biafran leadership are shyyt! cool

Re: Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia by Onlytruth(m): 2:38am On Feb 24, 2012
Let me say this quickly before fools start talking nonsense on this thread.

The poster is a known anti-Eastern Nigerian with a strong HATE for anything East of the Niger.
The only thing he loves about us is the oil. So, his maneuvers here is only aimed at dividing us Easterners. Nothing more.

Having said that, (never taking away anything from Ojukwu's legendary leadership abilities and achievements) I personally believe that if Eastern Nigeria was lucky to have Effiong as the Governor of Eastern Nigeria as the war began, it is very possible that he could have given Nigeria much more trouble than Ojukwu, just by virtue of his being a non-Igbo; because Nigeria would not have successfully used state creation to divide the East. The bile against Igbo often packaged as "Igbo domination" was what Gowon tapped into when he created states to "save minorities from Igbo domination". Gowon's  move only fed into an existing fear which remain unproven even till today (thank God it remains unproven cool ).
The magical efficiency of that move can only be explained by an Igbo proverb which says that madu no na akuko oku, uguru wee puo (someone was already near a fireplace when Hamattan started). With hindsight, one can argue that Efiong may have been more successful in rallying non-Igbo (and hopefully Igbo too because Igbo never had any problems in following non-Igbo leaders of the East) to the cause more than Ojukwu.

He was also a great soldier and leader of men who acquitted himself very creditably when it mattered most.

Col Joe Achuzia equally proved himself and continues to do so till today.

I would ignore the insult on the Great Lion of Biafra, the Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu by this poor soul (the OP) who is DESPERATELY searching for Igbo attention.  cool
Re: Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia by Onlytruth(m): 2:40am On Feb 24, 2012
Now picture this.

Effiong as the leader of Biafra
Ojukwu as the commander of the Biafran Expeditionary Force marching towards Ore. Menh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia by aljharem(m): 2:41am On Feb 24, 2012
Efiong was one man i respected

when you mention like of Bello, Awolowo, Ken saro wiwa, Gani former oba bini, I tend to mention Effiong as well.

May he find peace wherever he is.
Re: Heroes Across The Divide - Efiong, Achuzia by Lasinoh: 3:44am On Feb 24, 2012
That beautiful woman could not have produced those children.
They look more like Awolowo. grin

(1) (Reply)

Anambra, Key To Industrial Revolution - Aganga / Gov Yakowa Of Kaduna State And Aziza. Feared Dead?! / Poll Result: Jonathan's Rating Soars Despite PDP Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.