Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4432902 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by angelo82: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
They accepted the first identification initially and why not accept same at redemption.............Its not fair...........

Etfash:

There is no big deal about exiting actually, I was only asked to complete their fund redemption form with proof of identification. I also had to tell them why I needed the money. The fund got into my account in 3 work days, the day I applied for the fund inclusive.

I will advise the guy having identification issues to go and get one of those IDs.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
It could be due to policy change which may be beyond the company, a typical example is the T+2 value system for money remitted into the Funds account through their First bank and not Citibank account.

However, if you insist, you will get your money, even with your PVC. You will win this case in the court of law.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 2:01am On Jul 05, 2015
Yem0350:

That is d problem am currently aving with FBN money market. I subscribe with my PVC, I intend to divest part of my fund, dey r rejecting the PVC frm me and I dnt av any of the 3 ID cards mentioned. Although, their interest has b wonderful
Bro, pls shed more light on d FBN money market?

Wats dir interest rates like?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pluslargent(m): 8:12am On Jul 05, 2015
yomi007k:
Seconded...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 9:46am On Jul 05, 2015
Pluslargent:

Seconded...
Bros u better tell am, u dey do seconded. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
yomi007k:

Visit http://fbncapital.com/asset-management/our-products/mutual-funds/fbn-money-market-fund
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2015
Knowledgeable folks in the house. I am going to invest in treasury bills for tomorrow for 364 days. What rate should I bid?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sehawale: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Yem0350:

That is d problem am currently aving with FBN money market. I subscribe with my PVC, I intend to divest part of my fund, dey r rejecting the PVC frm me and I dnt av any of the 3 ID cards mentioned. Although, their interest has b wonderful

Boss, please what is the interest rate figure you are talking about here? What is the tenor and how much did you invest? Thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
Zenith Bank just informed me that Central Bank is not offering the 364 days TB auction for tomorrow. How true is this?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2015
kmcutez:
Zenith Bank just informed me that Central Bank is not offering the 364 days TB auction for tomorrow. How true is this?

True,

See time-table on previous page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
kmcutez:

why not buy in the secondary market if you really want to lock in ur funds for that long so badly now..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
feelamong:

why not buy in the secondary market if you really want to lock in ur funds for that long so badly now..

Is there any difference from d primary and secondary market asides the rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hey guys!!!! I got 13,800 on 230k at 12 percent for 170 days(bank rate) today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
billtommy:

Is there any difference from d primary and secondary market asides the rate?

rates may be different for better or worse than the primary auction....but then you dont waste valuable time waiting for the next auction

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
billtommy:
Hey guys!!!! I got 13,800 on 230k at 12 percent for 170 days(bank rate) today
The auction for this week is yet to take place, so I guess that's fixed deposit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Seun:
The auction for this week is yet to take place, so I guess that's fixed deposit.
should be FD
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
sehawale:

Boss, please what is the interest rate figure you are talking about here? What is the tenor and how much did you invest? Thanks!
This 2nd quarter interest is like an average of 13% and above. Note, interest varies. Jst visit their website for details.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Seun:

Or secondary t.bills.

Fixed deposit doesn't do 170 days.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Caracta:

Or secondary t.bills.

Fixed deposit doesn't do 170 days.

I thought i was the only one seeing this.

Fixed deposit cannot give such rate, at least not at this state of the economy but. I maybe wrong though
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
inze:

Fixed deposit cannot give such rate, at least not at this state of the economy but. I maybe wrong though

You are right. Only secondary tbills give such variant.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2015
inze:

You are absolutely correct. It is from the secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2015
inze:

sure
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emerich(m): 12:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Droi:
Hi naira landers,
i staked in a T-bill for 364days 2nd bid for the month of march this year with N1m at 15.38% but to my surprise, after being advised by my account officer to use the bank's rate, i was credit with N149,543...pls i need sum1 to advise me on what to do.
am i being robbed or should i change my bank?...
Thanks for u response
Pls i need clarity on this, were U credited the said amount on a monthly basis on after the elapse of the 364 days? Pls am new an eager to learn more on T-bills
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
Please I want to invest in FGN BONDS ...DO I NEED CSCS ACCOUNT OR A STOKE BROKER FIRM OR SHOULD I DO IT DIRECTLY WITH MY GTBANK.
Also, FGN BOND AND TREASURY BILL, WHICH ONE IS BETTER. I have been investing in TB for long now, just want to diversify my funds.

Nice GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ME. THANKS.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
ukay2:
Please I want to invest in FGN BONDS ...DO I NEED CSCS ACCOUNT OR A STOKE BROKER FIRM OR SHOULD I DO IT DIRECTLY WITH MY GTBANK.
Also, FGN BOND AND TREASURY BILL, WHICH ONE IS BETTER. I have been investing in TB for long now, just want to diversify my funds.

Nice GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ME. THANKS.

To invest in FGN bonds you need to approach a custodian to open a cscs account for you. Alternatively just ask ur bankers to talk to their own custodian

Alternatively use ur brokers..i actually use my brokers.

As for which is better? It all depends.

I invest in bonds which has a higher rate but also higher holding period to use the coupons for settling school fees

I use tbills to settle my madam every 90 days..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks Oga Feelamong.....

please what do you advise me to bid for July 2015 FGN bond...14% or15% or brokers bidding rate...(trying to open account with INVESTMENT-ONE COMPANY)..

Last (June2015) marginal rate was 14.42% and May2015 was 13.82%...all for 5 years tenor.

Also why opening CSCS account when the coupons/interests would be paid into my bank account?

Thanks for your kind assistance and advice.

feelamong:

To invest in FGN bonds you need to approach a custodian to open a cscs account for you. Alternatively just ask ur bankers to talk to their own custodian

Alternatively use ur brokers..i actually use my brokers.

As for which is better? It all depends.

I invest in bonds which has a higher rate but also higher holding period to use the coupons for settling school fees

I use tbills to settle my madam every 90 days..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2015
ukay2:
Thanks Oga Feelamong.....

please what do you advise me to bid for July 2015 FGN bond...14% or15% or brokers bidding rate...(trying to open account with INVESTMENT-ONE COMPANY)..

Last (June2015) marginal rate was 14.42% and May2015 was 13.82%...all for 5 years tenor.

Also why opening CSCS account when the coupons/interests would be paid into my bank account?

Thanks for your kind assistance and advice.

Go for your broker rate..thats what i do now! its very competitive at the bond markets these days as stock markets keeps crashing...

yea, your coupon will be paid into ur bank account but you need a clearing house where the Bonds are held until you sell or matured! the DMO insist on a custodian opening a CSCS account for you. unlike in Corporate bonds where you will just use your normal CSCS account you use for buying shares..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2015
Hello house.

Any update on latest rates pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2015
Is a certificate given after investment by the bank you went through?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pipz(m): 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
NTB Auction Result - 08.07.2015

Auction Date 08/07/2015 08/07/2015 08/07/2015
Allotment / Issue Date 09/07/2015 09/07/2015 09/07/2015
Tenor (91-Day) (182-Day) (364-Day)
Offer Amount (=N=) 25,403,148,000 25,000,000,000 N/A
Stop Rates (%): 10.0000 12.6250 N/A

Note, 364 Days was not available at this auction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
feelamong:

Go for your broker rate..thats what i do now! its very competitive at the bond markets these days as stock markets keeps crashing...

yea, your coupon will be paid into ur bank account but you need a clearing house where the Bonds are held until you sell or matured! the DMO insist on a custodian opening a CSCS account for you. unlike in Corporate bonds where you will just use your normal CSCS account you use for buying shares..

Thanks MyOgaFeelamong. I have taken your advise.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2015
pls who knows about the newgold exchange traded fund.how is it purchased and sold?

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: oluayebenz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.