Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441634 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 7:55am On Aug 30, 2016
zamirikpo:
abi ooh....i think i would go with ur rate at 16.85%.....

Let's wait for feelamong, if nothing happens then we can go with the 16.85%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2016
easyflow:

Let's wait for feelamong, if nothing happens then we can go with the 16.85%

Been waiting for some info before sticking out my neck but it doesnt seem to want to come...

I got an offer at the secondary market from an Investment firm that bought via OMO and was willing to sell 199days at 17.6%

as for the auction....I will predict as follows

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

the amount of foreign inflow for this Auction is enormous.....

I will advise all to play safe and not to be too bullish..

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/30/external-reserves-rise-by-595m-as-offshore-investors-stake-327m-on-bonds/

Happy Investing cool

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 8:21am On Aug 30, 2016
feelamong:

Been waiting for some info before sticking out my neck but it doesnt seem to want to come...

I got an offer at the secondary market from an Investment firm that bought via OMO and was willing to sell 199days at 17.6%

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/30/external-reserves-rise-by-595m-as-offshore-investors-stake-327m-on-bonds/

Happy Investing cool

Thanks bro, I will do accordingly. However, if anything comes up before 11am please let us know.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2016
grin grin grin...finally...........17% and 16.85% very close and as u advised we play safe i will stick with 16.85%......the difference isnt much, wouldnt want to loose out again.....i don chop this interest since last month.......gbese dey ground.

thanks @feelamong.....u r d BOSS.....

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen I think we're good to go.
16.85 - 17% the choice is yours

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by debeey87(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2016
Oga, what was the rate for 91days in the last auction?

feelamong:

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

Happy Investing cool

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 9:31am On Aug 30, 2016
17.5% for 364 days? Was thinking of 17.80% ....that's the highest of the 3 rates my bank put forth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 11:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Ok. Many thanks @feelamong, @easyflow ..et al.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
Just went to Stanbic...

91 days - 14.99%
182 days - 17.48%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ibukun003:
Just went to Stanbic...

91 days - 14.99%
182 days - 17.48%
That's the last stop rates
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
SuccessGee , where art thou? cheesy

Not going for this auction though but your usual information may be useful to this week's applicants.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
GTB has failed me! chai!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 12:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
Please can you let me know the investment house? Sent you a pm.
feelamong:

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

Happy Investing cool

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 12:25pm On Aug 30, 2016
easyflow:

That's the last stop rates
I don't understand you please...
I'm a newbie.

Just went there this morning and they told me that...
Kindly shed more light...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ibukun003:

I don't understand you please...
I'm a newbie.

Just went there this morning and they told me that...
Kindly shed more light...

Please go through the thread am sure you will understand. However, those rates you quote we're the last auction stop rates two weeks ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Babalakin(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Acidosis:
GTB has failed me! chai!
mind telling me what they did. I went there this morning to submit my application. I didn't fill any form though. Hope I'm safe?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by megawax8: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
So, after much PERSONAL analysis, i would advice:

91 days: 14.60% - 14.90%
182 days: 16.90% - 17.20%
364 days: 17.60 - 17.90%

I agree with feelamong, the system is still liquid but with OMO's both yesterday and this morning, i think there is hope for investors. I suspect a second OMO today still(i might be wrong though).

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Babalakin:
mind telling me what they did. I went there this morning to submit my application. I didn't fill any form though. Hope I'm safe?

My account officer reapplied with my last rate - 18%, 364 days without any formal instruction from me sad sad

I think your application is safe, we all write application @gtb
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Austinekg: 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
feelamong:

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

Happy Investing cool

Dear Feelamong,
Thanks for the update and I hope to get a response from the investment company.

Regards.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LuzSp: 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
feelamong:

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

Happy Investing cool

feelamong, Thanks for the info, advice, and help you give on this thread which you started.

Please what is OMO and how does it affect NTB?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eloba: 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2016
Acidosis:
GTB has failed me! chai!

Why d'u sat that?
How?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omonigeriarere: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
megawax8:
So, after much PERSONAL analysis, i would advice:

91 days: 14.60% - 14.90%
182 days: 16.90% - 17.20%
364 days: 17.60 - 17.90%

I agree with feelamong, the system is still liquid but with OMO's both yesterday and this morning, i think there is hope for investors. I suspect a second OMO today still(i might be wrong though).

I am going for 15% in 91 days: I pray for success.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by quertyquack: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
With this high demand, I hope 182 days gets to 17% sef. But then, What do I know?
feelamong:

91 days --- 14.35%

182 days ----17%

364 days 17.5%

Happy Investing cool

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
Pls my oga feelamong. ...and other gurus in the house

Am still waiting for the CBN NTB programme for the 4th quarter 2016. ..

I want to invest in the next NTB auction. .....365days in 2 weeks time...

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Electroweb(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
A quick question for you gurus? Is the eventual rate for the Tbills a function of the amount or the duration?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
ukay2:
Pls my oga feelamong. ...and other gurus in the house

Am still waiting for the CBN NTB programme for the 4th quarter 2016. ..

I want to invest in the next NTB auction. .....365days in 2 weeks time...

Thanks

It's not yet out...

My account officers say they will send out across as soon as it's out.

It's expected out before the end of this week sha!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
feelamong:

It's not yet out...

Thank you Sir...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seyi42k(m): 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
feelamong:

It's not yet out...

Oga mi, Good evening.

Kindly do me a favour. I am new to this mode of investment and I would like to have access to as much resources as possible. Can you send me the names of investment houses you use and the names of your account officers, especially the ones that offered you an OMO TB. Kindly send it to seyi42k at hotmail dot com.

Thanks and more power to your elbow for the education you continue to provide on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2016
Diamond Bank frustrated my efforts in trying to drop a bid today. I once got from secondary market through them so last week I tried getting it from them to no avail. yesterday I went to one of their branches with d intention of placing my bid against the next primary auction but they started telling me about what the have in secondary market. Their duration and rate was not satisfactory to me and there was no willingness to let me bid for open market so I decided to move my money to another bank.
These days cash withdrawal is not more than 500k so the best option I had was to do a transfer which I did. That transfer I was told would take a maximum of 24hrs so I just thought I will see my transfer in my second account but that turned into a nightmare as my diamond account was debited and d destination account was not credited. I called their customer care when it was getting past the 24hrs around 11am and was told it would be resolved soon so I kept hoping it drops but unfortunately it did not.
Around 06:00pm this evening was when I later got the alert from my other bank account . Then they follow it with a text that my complain has been resolved but by then it was too late.
Thank God the money later came sha.... e pain dem say I no do their secondary market...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:07am On Aug 31, 2016
[/quote][quote]Diamond Bank frustrated my efforts in trying to drop a bid today. I once got from secondary market through them so last week I tried getting it from them to no avail. yesterday I went to one of their branches with d intention of placing my bid against the next primary auction but they started telling me about what the have in secondary market. Their duration and rate was not satisfactory to me and there was no willingness to let me bid for open market so I decided to move my money to another bank.
These days cash withdrawal is not more than 500k so the best option I had was to do a transfer which I did. That transfer I was told would take a maximum of 24hrs so I just thought I will see my transfer in my second account but that turned into a nightmare as my diamond account was debited and d destination account was not credited. I called their customer care when it was getting past the 24hrs around 11am and was told it would be resolved soon so I kept hoping it drops but unfortunately it did not.
Around 06:00pm this evening was when I later got the alert from my other bank account . Then they follow it with a text that my complain has been resolved but by then it was too late.
Thank God the money later came sha.... e pain dem say

that was a deliberate attempt by diamondbank to frustrate ur efforts for withdrawing ur cash. all dsame u made the right move, 2wks isnt too far off, the primary market gives u the best rates anytime any day , no bank wants to loose their deposit,especially now.......follow this thread for daily updates.......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:12am On Aug 31, 2016
Inflation and GDP figures for July released today at 17.1% and -2.06%

This might affect the discount rates in this auction...

http://www.ft.com/fastft/2016/08/31/nigeria-falls-into-recession-as-economy-shrinks-2/?siteedition=intl

Dr Yemi Kale @sgyemikale: Headline Inflation in July 2016 rose year on year to 17.1% from 16.5% in June &month on month at a slower pace by 1.3% from 1.7% in June
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by easyflow: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2016
feelamong:
Inflation and GDP figures for July released today at 17.1% and -2.06%

This might affect the discount rates in this auction...

http://www.ft.com/fastft/2016/08/31/nigeria-falls-into-recession-as-economy-shrinks-2/?siteedition=intl

Dr Yemi Kale @sgyemikale: Headline Inflation in July 2016 rose year on year to 17.1% from 16.5% in June &month on month at a slower pace by 1.3% from 1.7% in June

So we should expect a higher rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.