Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444344 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 3:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMerciful:
18% confirmed. Thanks first bank grin grin grin
How much do you invest and what's the profit? .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Team16(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
chinnyonwu:

None oo. GTBank Bid wrongly ne? Make them no vex me i don budget that their interest

I doubt. I spoke with my account officer, he said they're waiting to hear from their head office. So let's see how it goes. I went with my own rate though. So I'm not scared if only he submitted my bid. These guys can be funny.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
unite4real:
javascript:void(0);

LOL. Rates will not continue to be like this. it may go higher or lower according to the economic indices. For me this is happy times because i remembered i have bought for 364 days at 9% before. If you are an old guy in this league, you will understand that this is the best time to play this game.

my brother, i know these are happy days in NTB , i wish it stays for a while,atleast 2 more yrs, the interest is really encouraging. i can invest and save at thesame time.

then,did u invest ?........and at what rate. two weeks ago i invested at 18.50% and it sailed....was about going with the same rate this time around but felt the need to drop the rate because of the trend in the last 4 auctions and from reports from u ,@40manlappy,@feelamong and some other guyz here, i just sensed d market wasnt doing so well. see me getting corky....abeg na luck.....lucky guess... grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
AmeLonRo:
For the auction of the 15th, I gave my bank instruction on the 14th and was told they concluded all auction on the 13th. Its first bank. Is that how it goes/works Please?
My account officer told me that i have to submit a written instruction 3 working days before the bid date. To be on the safe side, i submitted 4 working days before the bid day. If you submit at a branch, they will have to collate and send to head office. So, it is always better to submit to your branch very early

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
NL1960:

My account officer told me that i have to submit a written instruction 3 working days before the bid date. To be on the safe side, i submitted 4 working days before the bid day. If you submit at a branch, they will have to collate and send to head office. So, it is always better to submit to your branch very early

true atleast two working days before the day of the auctions..............
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2017
zamirikpo:

my brother, i know these are happy days in NTB , i wish it stays for a while,atleast 2 more yrs, the interest is really encouraging. i can invest and save at thesame time.

then,did u invest ?........and at what rate. two weeks ago i invested at 18.50% and it sailed....was about going with the same rate this time around but felt the need to drop the rate because of the trend in the last 4 auctions and from reports from u ,@40manlappy,@feelamong and some other guyz here, i just sensed d market wasnt doing so well. see me getting corky....abeg na luck.....lucky guess... grin grin

even in May 2010, we saw NTB rate for 364 days as low as 4% and was over subscribed. Inflation of May 2010 was close to 13%. This is to tell you that it is not just inflation that drives the rate. Demand and supply plays a strong role here. Its good to make hay while the sun shines.

Happy investing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
If for instance I invested 100k, profit is 18k. grin grin
ihedioramma:
How much do you invest and what's the profit? .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AmeLonRo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
NL1960:

Noted. kk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMerciful:
If for instance I invested 100k, profit is 18k. grin grin
is it for one year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AmeLonRo(m): 4:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
zamirikpo:

true atleast two working days before the day of the auctions..............

kk. Noted.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iamoasa: 6:08pm On Feb 16, 2017
Has anybody been debited by GTB yet?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
Yes.....1 yr
ihedioramma:
is it for one year?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
ozymes:
Which bank?
Ecobank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 6:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
feelamong:

sorry bro...also lost my bid at 18.5%

seems the rates are now going down gradually...

na to quickly rush to the secondary market cos in two weeks time we might see even further decrease

Sorry boss. I almost missed it too.

Eventually went for 18.4% on 364 days instead of the initial 18.35% proposed though I was tempted to follow your lead i.e. 18.5%.

Just got a debit alert from my bank. Heard they went for 18.36% cheesy

If the rates at the secondary market are not attractive, 2 weeks is almost here.

@zamirikpo: Congrats.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
Winning bids have been announced.
If your bid was successful you will be credited(if you ticked "upfront interest" on the form.
If bid wasn't successful, your account will be credited with the principal.
Mikymiko:
Ecobank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
WoodcrestMayor:
Winning bids have been announced.
If your bid was successful you will be credited(if you ticked "upfront interest" on the form.
If bid wasn't successful, your account will be credited with the principal.

CBN no try at all. Why wait till this evening before publishing the stop rates on their website? Their ICT unit needs overhauling angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
Lol...

Tenor of investment isn't affected.
They have to aportion based on volumes banks came in for.
Remember the volume available is stated for each auction.
40manlappy:

CBN no try at all. Why wait till this evening before publishing the stop rates on their website? Their ICT unit needs overhauling angry
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aumoria(m): 6:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
Just got debited by GTB for an amount far less than I bidded with. Could it be it was over subscribed?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PeterKbaba: 7:00pm On Feb 16, 2017
I just got debited from GTB too
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by log1(m): 7:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
iamoasa:
Has anybody been debited by GTB yet?

Not yet. Maybe tomorrow

Modified: GTB just debited my account.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aumoria(m): 7:37pm On Feb 16, 2017
Pls what is the interpretation of a debit less than bid. The bid is for 364 days at bank rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 7:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
Just got debited by FCMB. Bided 18.43. This is my closest bid to stop rate in a long time.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMerciful:
Yes.....1 yr
grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMerciful:
Yes.....1 yr
grin Enjoy cool money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
IHelp:
Just got debited by FCMB. Bided 18.43. This is my closest bid to stop rate in a long time.
cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Uzee24: 8:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Please House, does anyone here use Diamond bank for NTB transactions? I submitted a bid at my branch even though I was asked not to specify any rate, I am still yet to hear from dem. I would like to know if anybody on this thread bidded for Feb 15th using Diamond bank and if so, did the person go with the bank rate or specified his/her own rate and what is the outcome?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 40manlappy: 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
aumoria:
Pls what is the interpretation of debit of #XX instead of #Bleep bid. The bid is for 364 days at bank rate.

**Modified
#XX is the discount value of your investment. The difference between this and your #Bleep bid is the upfront interest that has been left in your account. At maturity, you get the face value of #Bleep. Happy investing! smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Team16(m): 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2017
aumoria:
Pls what is the interpretation of debit of #820493.15 instead of #1000000 bid. The bid is for 364 days at bank rate.

17.9% I guess. I might be wrong.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Team16(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
aumoria:
Just got debited by GTB for an amount far less than I bidded with. Could it be it was over subscribed?

What rate did you bid for with Gtbank. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aumoria(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
Team16:

What rate did you bid for with Gtbank. Thanks
I asked for their own rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aumoria(m): 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
40manlappy:

#820493.15 is the discount value of your investment. The difference between this and your #1000000 bid is the upfront interest that has been left in your account. At maturity, you get the face value of #1000000. Happy investing! smiley

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Team16(m): 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2017
aumoria:

I asked for their own rate

Then, they bidded at 17.9% for you based on my little knowledge of Tbills. I went with my rate though still waiting for the debit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.