Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4443179 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by membar: 10:32am On Apr 05, 2012
I LOVE GOD, HE HAVE DON IT FOR ME
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pafm247: 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2012
One the viable investment vehicles today!!!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mohr(m): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2012
Can a bid round be oversubscribed as in the case of primary market in Stocks, thereby resulting to unsuccessful bid?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2012
Mohr: Can a bid round be oversubscribed as in the case of primary market in Stocks, thereby resulting to unsuccessful bid?

Well, from what my bankers told me.....yes its possible for a bid round to be oversubscribed.....but the way the Tbills market work is like this.....as the demand for the Tbills increase the yields will be dropping so those who must have bidded above a certain threshold will not be given.....

Maybe those that play here will explain further..,

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8F5AT820120406?sp=true

NIGERIA

Yields on Nigerian Treasury bills are expected to drop further at an auction next week due to resilient demand from local and offshore investors.

"More investors are showing interest in treasury bills and this... will impact on yields at the end of the day," one dealer said.

Nigeria's central bank said it would auction 183.64 billion naira ($1.17 billion) in Treasury bills at an auction next Wednesday.

Yields on the instruments were mixed at the last auction, with yields on the 91-day paper falling, while returns on 182-day bills rose.

Dealers said the bond market remained subdued as bond holders waited for the release of the second quarter auction calendar.

"The market needs a stimulus to boost activity and many people believe that the bond auction calendar for the second quarter will tell us the direction for the market," another dealer said. ($1 = 83.25 Kenyan shillings) ($1 = 157.56 naira) (Reporting by Beatrice Gachenge and Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Tosin Sulaiman)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mylove007: 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
Hello All,
How do I buy treasury bills and how much are they sold. I wil appreciate your candid responses.

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mylove007: 10:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
I found answers to my questions in the previous posts. Here is another, is it possible to buy US Treasury Bills while in Nigeria, if yes, how do I go about it? Hoping to read from you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nico11(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
Please kindly help me to calculate 100k for 91 days thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by longman56: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2012
webstradamus:

How can one tap into this? Please send me (webstradamus AT gmail DOT com) your contact email/phone so I can reach you for more personal advice. Thanks!

@webstradamus
I sent you a mail sometime ago at the above email and I am yet to get a response. Content is about MSIT at MNSU, hope to get a response soon. Cheers.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by threesides: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2012
www. tydanjuma.com, www.alikodangote.net, business minds of excellence
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by buJu234: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2012
@feelamong;

Thanks for the info.

can u send me more info. on how to get started?

lesbukky@yahoo.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2012
buJu-234:
@feelamong;

Thanks for the info.

can u send me more info. on how to get started?

lesbukky@yahoo.com

just go to ur bankers and tell them that you want to purchase Tbills...you can also ask any discount house..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by webstradamus: 6:12am On Apr 13, 2012
longman56:

@webstradamus
I sent you a mail sometime ago at the above email and I am yet to get a response. Content is about MSIT at MNSU, hope to get a response soon. Cheers.

Sorry I must have missed the email. Resend to MyNairalandUsername@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFL6E8FD2Y220120413

LAGOS, April 13 (Reuters) - Nigerian treasury bill yields fell across the board at an auction on Thursday when a total of 183.65 billion naira ($1.17 billion) worth were issued by the central bank as demand surged to its highest in years.

Nigeria's sold 30.16 billion naira worth of the 91-day paper at 14.0 percent, compared with 14.19 percent at the previous auction, while it auctioned 73.49 billion naira in 182-day bills at a return of 14.94 percent, against 15.05 percent previously.

Thursday's auction results were announced on Friday.

The central bank issued 80 billion naira worth of the 1-year paper at 15.07 percent, below the 15.57 percent of an auction last month.

Dealers said prospects of inflation falling for March and a likely cut in central bank's benchmark interest rate at its next onetary policy committee meeting are driving down yields on the debt instruments.

"We are expecting yields on other fixed income paper to take a cue from the results of this auction," one dealer said.

Demand rose significantly as a total of 474.51 billion naira was demanded by investors, compared with 148 billion naira at the last auction.

Nigeria, Africa's second biggest economy after South Africa, issues treasury bills regularly to reduce money supply, curb inflation and help lenders manage their liquidity. ($1 = 157.5400 Nigerian nairas) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Joe Brock)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
seems like a lot of money pursueing the Tbills now no wonder the yields are dropping.....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 14, 2012
feelamong: seems like a lot of money pursueing the Tbills now no wonder the yields are dropping.....
Its the sane thing to do now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Woods17: 4:36am On Apr 17, 2012
@Feelamong: I have learnt a lot from your posts. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jamace(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2012
Treasury Bills Market
The Treasury Bills Market witnessed very low trading activity today. Dealers said activities were mainly on the 52 day maturity with yields closing at 14.25%.
Currently, yields (offer) in the secondary market are;
• 91days - 14.00%
• 182 days – 14.60%
• 364 days – 14.75%
The naira depreciated by 5 kobo to close at N157.45 to a dollar from the N157.40 to a dollar where it closed last week. The $33 million dollars sold in the Interbank Market by Chevron today did not help in strengthening the naira as dealers confirmed dollar demand from customers.

The Central Bank of Nigeria offered and sold $150 million today in its twice weekly (Mondays and Wednesdays) Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS). The naira appreciated by 10kobo at the official window to close at N157.26 to a dollar. At the auction last Wednesday, the naira closed at 157.36.

Read More: http://myfinancialintelligence.com/index.php/2011-09-27-04-13-15/world/16606-daily-market-update-april-16-2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m), ighodarovictor(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.