Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430423 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2017
Santino1:

Wrong. MMF is also rated per annum
moreover, if u see 17% on their website it is gross rate I. e management fee of 1.5% or less will be deducted. It still pays better than 92days treasury bill anyway.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by izuagbala: 3:09pm On May 25, 2017
I am making cool cash every single day with my android phone. I dont even need to open my laptop these days shocked shocked. I created a thread on it here
https://www.nairaland.com/3820609/life-changing-investment-just-keep#56865722
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 4:22pm On May 25, 2017
I got 17.8% p.a from FBN for 35-days tbills on secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 4:29pm On May 25, 2017
izuagbala:
I am making cool cash every single day with my android phone. I dont even need to open my laptop these days shocked shocked. I created a thread on it here
https://www.nairaland.com/3820609/life-changing-investment-just-keep#56865722

Oga just the way you don't need to open your laptop that is how we don't need to open your links as well.

Refrain from spamming this thread, you have been warned

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Santino1(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2017
RealityShot:

lol.. The 13% in primary market is per annum thats 3.25% in 90days

the 17% in MMF is also per annum thats 4.25% in 90days..

see the difference now?

Your initial post that I responded to made it sound like TB bills tenor is rated annually while MMF is given at the indicated value (i.e. you get 17% after 3 months) hence my comment that "MMF is also calculated per annum".

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2017
Cation:
it should be next Tuesday according to what a stanbicIbtc staff told me last week
Except next week Wednesday is a public holiday, The auction should hold then-wed 31st. Some of us have maturing bills that will be settled on Thursday June 1st.
By the way, who has the key takeaways from the last MPC's meeting. I'm assuming it was concluded two days ago.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by afroxyz: 9:08pm On May 25, 2017
Plz what is the minimum amount one can invest in t-bills?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 12:10am On May 26, 2017
afroxyz:
Plz what is the minimum amount one can invest in t-bills?

100,000 for most banks, some will tell you 1M.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2017
silvoice:
ok thanks, that means it will be terminated within 24 hours. I hope the fees will not be much, cos I want to terminate 182 and go for 364 days
Pls I need ans. Anyone that has terninated tbill should help. I want to terminate 182 days and go for 364 days. Is it a waste of time and resources or should I go ahead?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 2:36pm On May 26, 2017
you wan enter fire??
ekunade:

I'll like to know more bout crypto investment, wish you could put me thru
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 3:24pm On May 26, 2017
Interesting. Stanbic IBTC gave what I would call an impressive 17.7% on a 364day tenor on Treasury Bill. I think one other interesting dimension is that once discounted, the rate holds true for the bargain. Another reason why TB is safe and predictable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iyerenath(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2017
Investnow2017:
you wan enter fire??
how??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iyerenath(m): 4:26pm On May 26, 2017
Investnow2017:
Interesting. Stanbic IBTC gave what I would call an impressive 17.7% on a 364day tenor on Treasury Bill. I think one other interesting dimension is that once discounted, the rate holds true for the bargain. Another reason why TB is safe and predictable
pls bro wats d minimun amount to invest in treasury bills using stanbic ibtc??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by benniejackson: 4:48pm On May 26, 2017
https:///guruslodge join and spread the good news on adverts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 5:04pm On May 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Pls confirm, is.this for secondary or primary market??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 5:04pm On May 26, 2017
deepwater:

Pls confirm, is.this for secondary or primary market??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Santino1(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Considering the last CBN stop rate for that tenor was 18.7%, it is not that impressive.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 5:28pm On May 26, 2017
silvoice:

Pls I need ans. Anyone that has terninated tbill should help. I want to terminate 182 days and go for 364 days. Is it a waste of time and resources or should I go ahead?
It is not a waste of time. When you terminate a TBills, you won't lose your capital and you must have definitely gained some interest. So pls go ahead
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 8:49pm On May 26, 2017
Please house, what is the bank charges for stanbic ibtc??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ekunade: 11:50pm On May 26, 2017
iyerenath:
how??
Is it that bad?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by martin123: 7:24am On May 27, 2017
Please, someone should explain to me, the meaning of secondary market. I saw the option while I was filling the form yesterday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Harizona7893: 9:43am On May 27, 2017
GTB vs FBN? Which is best for T Bill investment?
I have 1.9Million to invest for 120 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On May 27, 2017
Harizona7893:
GTB vs FBN? Which is best for T Bill investment?
I have 1.9Million to invest for 120 days

Try FBN and your life won't remain the same. Tested and trusted

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On May 27, 2017
martin123:
Please, someone should explain to me, the meaning of secondary market. I saw the option while I was filling the form yesterday.

Primary auction is where your bid is being throw on the floor at CBN bidding every forth night. It comes with tenor option 91, 182, 364 days.

Mostly bank buy at Primary Market to resale at Secondary market making small profit in between. Why secondary market is prevalent these days is because of the DMO 50million minimum bullshit hence you can't specify your rate at primary auction except you gat 50million for the account. However banks still accept your bid (some banks) though but you are at their mercy at whatsoever rate you are offered.

In lieu of this people make of use of secondary market because of wide range of tenor like 220 days , 22days and so on. And besides rate are somehow NEGLIGIBLE between so markrt so instead of waiting with cash in hand for a forth night with temptation to divert fund why not use secondary market and lock such funds.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Harizona7893: 10:00am On May 27, 2017
torres2:

Thanks Sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrTour: 10:02am On May 27, 2017
No bank is offering 18% fir 91 days except wonder banks

PhilJames:

But other banks are offering 18% and above. 13.5% is disheartening
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by silvoice(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
It is not a waste of time. When you terminate a TBills, you won't lose your capital and you must have definitely gained some interest. So pls go ahead
ok thanks, that's encouraging
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 3:32pm On May 27, 2017
Greetings friends, I want to introduce this TB to some people close to me (immediate family). I hope this one won't do us like shares o because we lost a lot and this TB I have only received the interest from it, my principal Is still hanging because my tenure hasn't elapsed. My heart still skips some beats at the thought of something negative happening.Abeg na only me waka come for this one?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lobell: 3:49pm On May 27, 2017
Happyfellow147:
Greetings friends, I want to introduce this TB to some people close to me (immediate family). I hope this one won't do us like shares o because we lost a lot and this TB I have only received the interest from it, my principal Is still hanging because my tenure hasn't elapsed. My heart still skips some beats at the thought of something negative happening.Abeg na only me waka come for this one?

The only time something can happen to your money is if Nigeria ceases to exist.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bennycollins: 4:01pm On May 27, 2017
What if Nigeria disintegrates??
lobell:

The only time something can happen to your money is if Nigeria ceases to exist.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 4:13pm On May 27, 2017
torres2:

True
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:29pm On May 27, 2017
A friend invested 10m on Treasury Bill at 17.7% for one year. On getting the interest he bought another TB for another 1yr Tenor. He hopes to buy another with his interest. It seems to me this is another way to add value to one's principal going forward. Will this yield better than if he has bought some mutual money market fund at 18% yield?
Can the gurus in the house throw light on this please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: skydiver01, DFPS and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.