Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430795 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Happyfellow147: 4:36pm On May 27, 2017
So I shouldn't worry then
lobell:

The only time something can happen to your money is if Nigeria ceases to exist.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:38pm On May 27, 2017
Bennycollins:
What if Nigeria disintegrates??

My friend, there is nothing in this life that is 100% risk free. IT IS EVEN VERY RISKY TO BE ALIVE! Of all money market instruments Treasury Bill is the safest. I stand to be proved wrong. In the past it does not offer so much yields as we see now, its just that the rates at present are juicy. So take advantage of it while it lasts.
As to your question 'what if Nigeria disintegrates?' My question is 'what if the world ends' can you rescue yr TB?
The only people that claim zero% risk in their investments are the Ponzi people hence they do not make any simplistic sense to the legit and credible investors like many in this house.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bennycollins: 4:45pm On May 27, 2017
Yes, if the world ends, I end but if Nigeria disintegrate I would possibly remain.
Investnow2017:

My friend, there is nothing in this life that is 100% risk free. IT IS EVEN VERY RISKY TO BE ALIVE! Of all money market instruments Treasury Bill is the safest. I stand to be proved wrong. In the past it does not offer so much yields as we see now, its just that the rates at present are juicy. So take advantage of it while it lasts.
As to your question 'what if Nigeria disintegrates?' My question is 'what if the world ends' can you rescue yr TB?
The only people that claim zero% risk in their investments are the Ponzi people hence they do not make any simplistic sense to the legit and credible investors like many in this house.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by xcitedjay(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2017
Investnow2017:
A friend invested 10m on Treasury Bill at 17.7% for one year. On getting the interest he bought another TB for another 1yr Tenor. He hopes to buy another with his interest. It seems to me this is another way to add value to one's principal going forward. Will this yield better than if he has bought some mutual money market fund at 18% yield?
Can the gurus in the house throw light on this please.

It depends.

While I'm by no means an economist or investment analyst, I'm going to be giving a simple answer based on my limited understanding of the market.

Yields in money market fund fluctuates daily. It might be 16.5% today or 19% tomorrow. With Treasury Bill you're assured of whatever rate you purchased the bill for the period.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 6:17pm On May 27, 2017
Bennycollins:
Yes, if the world ends, I end but if Nigeria disintegrate I would possibly remain.

Bros, if Nigeria disintegrates​ you still loose the ones in ur account, cos naira may seize to have value , that is my guess o. You can either convert your money in dollars and burry or buy gold and wear it on your person at all times.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lobell: 7:54pm On May 27, 2017
Bennycollins:

Your money go enter voicemail be dat!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lobell: 7:55pm On May 27, 2017
Happyfellow147:
So I shouldn't worry then

Enjoy yasef...TB and Government Bonds are the safest (after your soakaway) ways to lock up money the world over.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 8:15pm On May 27, 2017
deepwater:
Please house, what is the bank charges for stanbic ibtc??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MASTERCC: 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
If I invest 2m for one year,how much will be my profit.on TB I mean
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yungbitz(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2017
Has anyone any idea what are the total charge as well as accruing profit by GTB AND FBN on 1M TB if I invest within next week for 6 months?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iamzik: 10:06pm On May 27, 2017
MASTERCC:
If I invest 2m for one year,how much will be my profit.on TB I mean

About N360,000 using a rate of 18% and interest is payable upfront
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yungbitz(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2017
Iamzik:

About N360,000 using a rate of 18% and interest is payable upfront

How much is likely to be deducted for various charges by banks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 12:26am On May 28, 2017
Bennycollins:

If Nigeria disintegrates peacefully (through talks/referendum), your money is safe. The resulting countries will figure out how to share the debts and pay them. If it is by war, "you have no money", regardless of where you put it...whether it's in treasury bills, or savings account, or buried underground; whatever happens to "Naira", as a result of the war will affect your money.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 2:12am On May 28, 2017
I am so elated I saw this today. I have been fooling myself by doing fixed deposits for a long time with Zenith Bank.

Please how do I get started with this TB of a thing and which Bank do you recommend I go with.

I am complete novice on this.

Thanks and God bless you all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Harizona7893: 9:27am On May 28, 2017
Investnow2017:

bros even ponzi is risky. Except you are the owner of the ponzi site or an admin else, sorry.
I lost $1000 to a ponzi scheme few months ago
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2017
SamReinvented:

If Nigeria disintegrates peacefully (through talks/referendum), your money is safe. The resulting countries will figure out how to share the debts and pay them. If it is by war, "you have no money", regardless of where you put it...whether it's in treasury bills, or savings account, or buried underground; whatever happens to "Naira", as a result of the war will affect your money.

You are right, but I don't see Nigeria disintegrate peacefully. As it is now their are a set of people who benefit the most, this guys will never let Nigeria disintegrate, not peacefully at least.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Houstency(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 2:06pm On May 28, 2017
Houstency:

Read the first 10pages to acquire knowledge on how it works, then scan through the other pages to see bank recommendations.
My advise, quit posting monetary figures on public forums like NL, you make yourself accessible to scammers and the likes. Regards!

Thanks bro. I appreciate and I will just that.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 2:36pm On May 28, 2017
Houstency:

Read the first 10pages to acquire knowledge on how it works, then scan through the other pages to see bank recommendations.
My advise, quit posting monetary figures on public forums like NL, you make yourself accessible to scammers and the likes. Regards!

now please modify your quote and remove the monetry figures as he has modified his post.

thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 6:42pm On May 28, 2017
Please can I still apply for Tbills Primary Auction on Tuesday morning at GTBank since Monday is public holiday?

Will it be accepted? GTBank users pls oh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2017
I just called GTBANK customer and they told me 25% and the minimum is 500k.

Can anyone here concur?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 11:18am On May 29, 2017
Harizona7893:
bros even ponzi is risky. Except you are the owner of the ponzi site or an admin else, sorry.
I lost $1000 to a ponzi scheme few months ago

If you had read my post between the lines you would have understood that i simply implied that Ponzi schemes are the RISKIEST kind of socalled investment. And that will not make any sense to credible legit investors like me who are determined to play right and clean. Ponzi schemes are for greedy brats who have no selfconfidence and they often pay dearly for it at the end of the day!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by babatundeizbad(m): 11:30am On May 29, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

Can anyone here concur?

Diamond told me the last rate was 17% and the minimum is 100k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by billtommy(m): 12:48pm On May 29, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

Can anyone here concur?

25%/IM NOT SURE THEY KNOW WHAT URE TALKING ABOUT.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 5:25pm On May 29, 2017
My broda pls ask Gtb is it their MMM branch that offers 25% grin

ezeonlinebiz:

Can anyone here concur?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

Can anyone here concur?

where did u get the number from, hope its not a cloned site, pls.......waka enter any GTB ,STANBIC or Firstbank branch and do physical enquiry.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ezeonlinebiz(m): 6:59pm On May 29, 2017
condomuser:
My broda pls ask Gtb is it their MMM branch that offers 25% grin

grin My broda the thing over surprise me oo. Naim make I first ask na?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 7:18pm On May 29, 2017
still asking? What is the % bank charges with stanbic IBTC
someone should help by replying, please. cry cry cry biko
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sanerugwei: 7:40pm On May 29, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:

grin My broda the thing over surprise me oo. Naim make I first ask na?

Maybe they thought you wanted to borrow money or take a loan from them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Reyus: 8:38pm On May 29, 2017
deepwater:
still asking? What is the % bank charges with stanbic IBTC
someone should help by replying, please. cry cry cry biko
Bank charges should be about 1% of the profit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 8:48pm On May 29, 2017
LOL. A beg give me the magic number. Make I follow hammer

Some of these bank people don't understand and they respond. That's how Access Bank told me I can get 17.5% monthly for 364 days. And I asked her if the Access Bank now do Umana Umana and she was shocked.

ezeonlinebiz:

Can anyone here concur?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Frangel and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.