Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4431248 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 9:37pm On May 29, 2017
Good evening my ogas in the house. What rate do u think will be good for 364days treasury bill auction holding on 31st May 2017.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:07pm On May 29, 2017
deepwater:
still asking? What is the % bank charges with stanbic IBTC
someone should help by replying, please. cry cry cry biko

Though, the one below is for First Bank. Most banks charges are alike.

Commission -- 0.125%

Custody Fee -- 0.10% per transaction (per investment)

Transaction Fee -- ₦100.00 per transaction (per investment)

VAT -- 5% VAT on Commission, Custody Fee and Transaction Fees
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PinocchioDMZ: 6:51am On May 30, 2017
Cation:
Good evening my ogas in the house. What rate do u think will be good for 364days treasury bill auction holding on 31st May 2017.

364days you can bid 18.5% or 18.6% for Primary Auction to be on a save side because the last auction was 18.7% stop rate.

364days you can bid 18.4% for secondary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2017
PinocchioDMZ:

364days you can bid 18.5% or 18.6% for Primary Auction to be on a save side because the last auction was 18.7% stop rate.

364days you can bid 18.4% for secondary market.

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 9:13am On May 30, 2017
Cation:

You will only have the opportunity to bid for yourselves in primary market these days if the money you intend to invest is up to 50 million if not. You will have to go with whatever the bank you use decides to offer cos are not in a position to bid.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Omotolani513(f): 9:57am On May 30, 2017
freeman67:

You will only have the opportunity to bid for yourselves in primary market these days if the money you intend to invest is up to 50 million if not. You will have to go with whatever the bank you use decides to offer cos are not in a position to bid.

Gtbank just told me that they can invest in the primary market for me provided the rate is not stated, that is, bus at the bank rate.
Is it wiser to go for secondary market instead or just go with them blindly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2017
freeman67:

I just returned from stanbic ibtc and I specified my rate. The representative told me I will get notified if my bid was successful or not. Even ARM securities allow you to bid for yourself.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by anitank(f): 10:50am On May 30, 2017
I don't think First Bank follows the rule of "the longer the tenor, the higher the rates". I was given option of either 18.4% for 343 days or 18.1% for 364 days. The highest rate they had was 18.5% for only 22 days but they only needed 300k to complete that particular bid, which was far less than I wanted to invest and the tenure too short also.

I finally opted for 18.4% for 343 days. Got debited and interest paid.

I've never been much of a risk taker when it comes to investing money but treasury bill has been so far the safest and best option for me without the stress of "what ifs" in my head.

God bless and keep us all. Have a great week ahead!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2017
ezeonlinebiz:
I just called GTBANK customer and they told me 25% and the minimum is 500k.

Can anyone here concur?

This post made my day... I've got sufficient oxygen in my lungs
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 2:59pm On May 30, 2017
First Bank is really good on TB. Today I got the option of 17.5% for 65days and 18% for 30days and 16days respectively. Will check again some time this week to see if I can get a longer tenor. I prefer the longer tenor. Is it possible that a bank might have varied per centages for same tenor. I am surprised to learn that some got above 18% when I was given the impression that 18% was the maximum at same first bank! Amazing

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mrluv(m): 3:58pm On May 30, 2017
feelamong:
@Omo Yankee... You can actually buy the Tbills from any Commercial bank, or any Discount House in Nigeria....

The fees are 0.125% of the amount invested. However you should be aware that the effective Yield on Tbills is higher that than the advertised discount rate.....as the yield is discounted upfront. So a 14% yield is effectively about 14.25%...
I just came across this thread can i invest 100k how much return wud it bring
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 4:10pm On May 30, 2017
I don't understand this whole stuff. This morning I filled a treasury bill application form at stanbic ibtc for tomorrow's primary Auction and I specified my own rate. The lady accepted the form and did not complain about below 50million stuff
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2017
The only risk involved with this treasury bills is that of the Dis-integration of NIGERIA, today's sit -at-home order by IPOB and MASSOB was so successful, i then begin to wonder........how much longer does Nigeria have.

pls my investor friends,lets shade more light on this issue, to me Nigeria is a company i have vested interest in, i wouldnt want it to dis-integrate for any reason. I have heard talks on referendum, restructuring etc...........lets keep ourselves informed about the health of this entity called Nigeria.
As of today, i dont have a kobo in any bank.......once i can save up to a million,it goes into TB, come to think of it, am sure having money in any commercial bank isnt safe either, because u cant access it if anything happens to Nigeria.

So for those who have privileged info. pls enlighten us.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:31pm On May 30, 2017
zamirikpo:
The only risk involved with this treasury bills is that of the Dis-integration of NIGERIA, today's sit -at-home order by IPOB and MASSOB was so successful, i then begin to wonder........how much longer does Nigeria have.

pls my investor friends,lets shade more light on this issue, to me Nigeria is a company i have vested interest in, i wouldnt want it to dis-integrate for any reason. I have heard talks on referendum, restructuring etc...........lets keep ourselves informed about the health of this entity called Nigeria.
As of today, i dont have a kobo in any bank.......once i can save up to a million,it goes into TB, come to think of it, am sure having money in any commercial bank isnt safe either, because u cant access it if anything happens to Nigeria.

I hear too that North Korea has Nuclear Weapon, so we should evacuate and go to Mars for security. Is anything in this temporary world permanent? Not even America is safe with North Korea testing medium range ballistic missiles every week undecided Ride the tide while you last.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MyPicsSaysItall: 5:00pm On May 30, 2017
Omotolani513:

Gtbank just told me that they can invest in the primary market for me provided the rate is not stated, that is, bus at the bank rate.
Good question

I've had this thought for a while. In my opinion, I think its wiser investing in the secondary market because you already know the rate you are investing your money at

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mrluv(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2017
Investnow2017:

I hear too that North Korea has Nuclear Weapon, so we should evacuate and go to Mars for security. Is anything in this temporary world permanent? Not even America is safe with North Korea testing medium range ballistic missiles every week undecided Ride the tide while you last.
pls uncle teach me tbil am just a 25 year old guy that want to invest his hard earning 100k better to waste it on woman or gambling
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Santino1(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2017
zamirikpo:

If Nigeria should cease to exist (which will be violently judging by the Biafra development), your treasury bill investment will be the very least of your worries.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ajsans: 6:13pm On May 30, 2017
Can I still place bid with First bank tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2017
Check the history of their primary market rates and see if it better than secondary market. Then make your choice

Omotolani513:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:42am On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

WORD.......thank u.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ahmed99: 10:25am On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

pls sir can u teach me about Treasury bill I ave 100k am willing to invest there
at least for 90days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 10:46am On May 31, 2017
ajsans:
Can I still place bid with First bank tomorrow.

Nope.

You are required to submit your bid with First Bank on or before the Friday presiding the bid day.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2017
guyz.....is the CBN holding any auctions....today, abi na tomorrow. I am very broke
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deepwater(f): 11:41am On May 31, 2017
zamirikpo:
guyz.....is the CBN holding any auctions....today, abi na tomorrow. I am very broke

today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 12:38pm On May 31, 2017
please house who uses stanbic ibtc for tbills here, do you choose your own rate or you go with bank bid rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:57pm On May 31, 2017
Ahmed99:
pls sir can u teach me about Treasury bill I ave 100k am willing to invest there
at least for 90days

Its very simple. Approach First bank or Stanbic and ask to buy TB. Today when i enquired from my Client Officer he told me they had only 32 days at @ 18.2%. If you had bought into that with yr N100k today you would have been paid a discount of N1,595.00 at around 4 to 5pm today and then wait for the next 32days to have yr account credited with your N100k.
Treasury Bill money instrument is borrowing the Fed Govt money to use and return on a given number of days at an agreed interest with your bank. Practice with what you have little by little, it will instill in you a good savings culture. You will begin to see the need to save more money since as you can see you stand to earn more as your principal grows and the prevailing interest rates as it is now are competitive. Try yr hands on it this week if you know you can afford to have your N100k kept for 30 days or or more.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mrluv(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

Its very simple. Approach First bank or Stanbic and ask to buy TB. Today when i enquired from my Client Officer he told me they had only 32 days at @ 18.2%. If you had bought into that with yr N100k today you would have been paid a discount of N1,595.00 at around 4 to 5pm today and then wait for the next 32days to have yr account credited with your N100k.
Treasury Bill money instrument is borrowing the Fed Govt money to use and return on a given number of days at an agreed interest with your bank. Practice with what you have little by little, it will instill in you a good savings culture. You will begin to see the need to save more money since as you can see you stand to earn more as your principal grows and the prevailing interest rates as it is now are competitive. Try yr hands on it this week if you know you can afford to have your N100k kept for 30 days or or more.
bro pls teach me 'teach me 'teach me .am just a young lad DAT want to be useful to hiself and family 'I need you to guild me. msg you yesterday u don't reply me pls reply this one thank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 2:11pm On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

my oga pls do you buy with stanbic?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:39pm On May 31, 2017
Cation:
my oga pls do you buy with stanbic?

I buy with First Bank. You can't be wrong with them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ahmed99: 4:46pm On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

thank you very much
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 4:54pm On May 31, 2017
Investnow2017:

I buy with First Bank. You can't be wrong with them.
I am confused, people say if buying in primary market below 50M I must go with bank rate but when I filled the form yesterday I specified my own rate 18.5 for 364days and I chose not to follow bank rate. The lady accepted the form and said its okay. I don't know if the bid will go through since I did not go with bank rate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: skydiver01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.