Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,981 members, 7,825,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4453279 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uzee24:

Yeah Broo...got mine too @ 18.39%. But Stanbic has been on dis 18.3 threshold 4 long now, thought somtyn higher would have been offered.

Not bad all after!
First bank gave 18.4%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

Oh yes o! That's where the action is for now at the Primary Market and they are also doing well at the secondary market.
So many of us on this forum have Ported to STANBIC that's why you find more of us talking and posting results of STANBIC.
so that means one needs to open an account with STANBIC IBTC? Please what is their percentage for 182days at the secondary market and how much is the minimum amout to be invested?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 8:11pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

Oh yes o! That's where the action is for now at the Primary Market and they are also doing well at the secondary market.
So many of us on this forum have Ported to STANBIC that's why you find more of us talking and posting results of STANBIC.

Hello Bro, i just sent you a pm mail now, i will be expecting your reply thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2017
Most banks would just tell you to go for secondary market if you principal is not huge, from my own experience.

But if you are investing huge let's say 1m and above, and you insist on primary market, your could be accepted.

Remember you are not going to specify any rate. The bank will add your funds to their pool and bid.

You should know that these days there is no much difference between primary and secondary market, unless you are dumping something big.

Stanbic IBTC is good. But you don't need to go through the stress of new account opening just because of TBills. But if you already have their account it's fine. How ever Avoid Ecobank.

dyonpoint:

Yea, still waiting for response from those talking about the primary market bid.

talktrue1:

Am much interested to know if anyone with less than N50million successfully bid at the primary auction in any of the banks because banks will tell you to go for the secondary market once your money is not up to N50million required for the primary auction.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Lexit:

My calculation is 18.39 for 365 days

I thought the max tenor for Treasury Bill is 364! And not 365
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amjustme2: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2017
grin grin grin

Investnow2017:

I thought the max tenor for Treasury Bill is 364! And not 365
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:
Please those talking about the Stambic primary market, could you please help out with more info on how to go about it and what to expect. Thanks

My brother, you will be doing yourself a lot of good IF you can be very patient to go and read the older threads from page 1 to the present page.

That was what I did in order to understand more about Treasury Bills. Many gurus on this forum have answered most if not all the questions that may be asked by newcomers

Because some people don't want to stress themselves, they keep asking the same questions that has been answered times without number just as it happened today within 7 minutes that two people asked same question that was answered 7 minutes before the second person asked same question.

By the time you familiarise yourself with the previous posts, I bet that you are not likely to ask questions cause they have been answered severally by many experts on the forum.

If you are very serious about acquisition of knowledge about Treasury Bills it won't take you one week to read the previous posts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:14pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:

Hello Bro, i just sent you a pm mail now, i will be expecting your reply thanks

Yeah I saw your pm-hence my last post to you cause I guess your reason for sending it and may not find it convenient to be exchanging mails with you while trying to explain things.

Your best bet is to take to my advice and you will get more than you need to know
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2017
vitality22:

so that means one needs to open an account with STANBIC IBTC? Please what is their percentage for 182days at the secondary market and how much is the minimum amout to be invested?

Yes if you want to do your NTB with them but I advice that you open savings A/c so that you don't get debited with all these miscellaneous deductions that Banks do and within one week maximum, you will be able to do NTB with them.

The percentage either for 91days, 182days or 364days is not static what happens is that their minimum amount like most Banks is N100,000 and you have to go with their bid except if you want to invest above N50 million in which case you can indicate your own rate and if your bid is successful so be it and if not, your money is returned.

Many of us on this forum appears to have "ported" to Stanbic because we can't dictate the bid rate since the advent of the N50m minimum rule and Stanbic happens to be the Bank whose bid is always closest to the CBN stop rates, followed by First Bank and Stanbic debits our A/c only with the discounted rate, leaving our up front interest in our A/c while other Banks will debit all few days to the auction and credit you with the up front interests few days after the successful bid.

Hope above answers your questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 9:37pm On Jul 06, 2017
amjustme2:
Most banks would just tell you to go for secondary market if you principal is not huge, from my own experience.

But if you are investing huge let's say 1m and above, and you insist on primary market, your could be accepted.

Remember you are not going to specify any rate. The bank will add your funds to their pool and bid.

You should know that these days there is no much difference between primary and secondary market, unless you are dumping something big.

Stanbic IBTC is good. But you don't need to go through the stress of new account opening just because of TBills. But if you already have their account it's fine. How ever Avoid Ecobank.

Thanks a lot bro. You nailed it, you gave me exactly what i wanted..... Please do answer this 1 question for me. Are mine allowed to specify rate at secondary market or will buy it at the bank rate too?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:44pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:

Thanks a lot bro. You nailed it, you gave me exactly what i wanted..... Please do answer this 1 question for me. Are mine allowed to specify rate at secondary market or will buy it at the bank rate too?

At secondary market, you can't specify any rate. It's "what you see that you buy" if it pleases you.

Pls still take to my advice as all these have been answered in previous posts

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

My brother, you will be doing yourself a lot of good IF you can be very patient to go and read the older threads from page 1 to the present page.

That was what I did in order to understand more about Treasury Bills. Many gurus on this forum have answered most if not all the questions that may be asked by newcomers

Because some people don't want to stress themselves, they keep asking the same questions that has been answered times without number just as it happened today within 7 minutes that two people asked same question that was answered 7 minutes before the second person asked same question.

By the time you familiarise yourself with the previous posts, I bet that you are not likely to ask questions cause they have been answered severally by many experts on the forum.

If you are very serious about acquisition of knowledge about Treasury Bills it won't take you one week to read the previous posts.

Thanks for your advice, i am actually on that and that is what i do, i don't wait to be told.

The reason i quote you and sent you a pm mail was not about to learn how TB works, it was actually because i saw your post about subscribing at primary market from Stanbic and i was made to understand that the min for primary market is 50M. Just wanted to know how to go about it with stanbic in particular okay.

Someone already explained though. Thanks all the same.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dyonpoint: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2017
TONY56:

At secondary market, you can't specify any rate. It's "what you see that you buy" if it pleases you.

Pls still take to my advice as all these have been answered in previous posts

Alright. Thanks bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2017
dyonpoint:

Alright. Thanks bro

You are most welcome
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 06, 2017
Can i buy from secondary market 2mao(friday) through firstbank??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2017
Fm4real06:
Can i buy from secondary market 2mao(friday) through firstbank??

yes you can
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:22pm On Jul 06, 2017
GTB 18.2% approx for 364 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by johnhack: 5:56am On Jul 07, 2017
Who knows the rates and tenor available in secondary market with first bank plc

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2017
I have received my upfront interest from first bank just now and i was given 18.35% for 364 days...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2017
simplibaba:
I have received my upfront interest from first bank just now and i was given 18.35% for 364 days...
Its not a bad interest rate tho. Do u av idea of d rate for 91days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2017
Fm4real06:

Its not a bad interest rate tho. Do u av idea of d rate for 91days?

No, I dont.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:20am On Jul 07, 2017
TONY56:

She really played a fast one on you and ensured that she kept your deposit to boost her target for the month before letting you off because of your persistence.
Should you or any other person face this kind of treatment, simply walk away from the account officer or staff and go report to the Branch Manager and threaten to move your account to another Bank if your wish is not respected.
I bet you, they, including your account officer will be on their knees expecially if you add that you will make a report to their Head office about her attitude.
I did that to them before at Ikorodu by calling FIRST CONTACT (0144855000; 0700347782668228; 07080625000) in their presence and the officer involved was in "Pepper soup"
God Bless you bro...
I really saw hell.....She's not more smiling with me anytime she sees me in the Bank...lol.....
I don't even care...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2017
TONY56:

EXACTLY. Virtually all the questions being asked now and even the ones you might be holding to yr chest have all been answered by our selfless folks here. To understand how mutual funds work with many houses i had to read the 306pages thread. Equipped with the knowledge i swung into. I advise you do the same, you stand to benefit. You will be amazed at the knowledge and personal experiences of folks here which you can benefit from.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2017
lancee:

Is it from the secondary market?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thebigkendo(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2017
olujaidi:
Auction results:

91d- 13.5000
182d- 17.5000
364d- 18.5990

Interesting
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2017
talktrue1:

Is it from the secondary market?

pry sir
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nnacent(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2017
lancee:
Confirm! i would have gone with first bank if i knew they will be lower.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
nnacent:

First bank is better , saw the rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
nnacent:

GTB has always been lower than Stanbic and First Bank so I am not suprised
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
simplibaba:

No, I dont.
I went to make enquires on 91days.. i was told it was still available at 14% but i think that rate is kinda low so i would chill to monday to see hw it goes.
I learnt if u go very early, u might be lucky to get a juicy interest rate.
But the woman was advicing me to the fixed deposit, i guess because of her own selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2017
I have a question. Although i dont want to quote any amount. If i invest #x in 91days NTB, at 15% rate. Hw much will i get at maturity.
Is it 15% × #x or

15% × #x x3months??(3/12)

Im confused with this calculation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by simplibaba(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2017
Fm4real06:

I went to make enquires on 91days.. i was told it was still available at 14% but i think that rate is kinda low so i would chill to monday to see hw it goes.
I learnt if u go very early, u might be lucky to get a juicy interest rate.
But the woman was advicing me to the fixed deposit, i guess because of her own selfish reasons.

14% is not low tgough and pls dont fix it but insist on the fact that you only want to buy treasury bills with your money

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (2231) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.