Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429309 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
Stanbic cool...364 days at 18.48%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by inze(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
tobe4real:
ok thanks but I thought different tenors have different fixed rates

. . . yes, different tenors have different rate but not fixed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ibukun003:

They are truly the king of primary market.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jp130(m): 7:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
wow, dat bnk gud o

Ibukun003:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by munezo(m): 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
I just got the alert now. I did 182 days and the rate was 17.28

AkDave1:
Has anyone been debited by Stanbic Bank... I am beginning to think that my request was not treated, or how can one know the status of the request. Gurus please help out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 2n2k(m): 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ibukun003:

Mine is 18.43% oo. They don cheat me.
They must vomit that 0.05% by fire, by force.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
Investnow2017:

How far? Have you been debited now? At what rate and tenor

Yes boss, Godbless ur every move, uve been a great source of inspiration to most of us......

I have my 6th TB investment......target is 12, am half way there.... grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
2n2k:

They no cheat you o! The tenor is actually 364 and not 365. So 18.43% * (365/364) would give u 18.48%

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PhilJames: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
tobe4real:
can a good samaritan please help calculate 3.5m tb for 91days tenor?
91 days is 13.5% in primary market...

3.5M will get you 117k
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 8:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
Desanta:
We wish to inform you that your bid for a Treasury Bill of xxxxxxxxx with reference number 110151002860 was successful. Full details below:

Reference Number: 110151002860
Principal: xxxxxxxxxx
Rate: 18.25%
Tenor: 364 days
Maturity Date: 2018-08-02

Thank you for choosing FirstBank.

I know stanbic allows you to bid in the primary market with their own stop rate, but first bank says I can only go for the secondary market once I have less than N50m

Are there some firstbank branches that allows to submit your bid for primary market and go wt their rate when you have less than N50m?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MOM1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
talktrue1:

I know stanbic allows you to bid in the primary market with their own stop rate, but first bank says I can only go for the secondary market once I have less than N50m

Are there some firstbank branches that allows to submit your bid for primary market and go wt their rate when you have less than N50m?

Yes but you have to submit the application before the bid day. I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and was debited but transaction was completed yesterday. I received my interest today.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
AkDave1:
Very Funny.
Though I also have same thoughts for some time... but like someone said, Don't worry over things you have no control over
Lol who said this? Tyrion lannister

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
PhilJames:

3.5M will get you 117k
Mehn.. that rate is low o. I got 76days for 15% in the secondary market two weeks ago!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
Investnow2017:

House, there is a development I am envisaging going by the report I have just been given at my Branch of First Bank. The officer said that they have been hinted that they would stop Secondary Market in some of their branches. If that is true, I think the banks are making serious moves to discourage retail patronage of the Nigerian Treasury Bills.

The same guy that opened his system and we both went through to get a competitive discount on my last T/Bills just last week is telling me now that he does not even have access to the portal any more.

We have got to watch the space as I can see the banks already crying that their deposits are depleting due to retail patronage of the Nigerian T/Bills as individuals are moving funds away from their accounts to participate in the Tbills auctions.

Please share your experience with the house so we can jointly monitor this disturbing development and know how to navigate it.

Well, i dont really have much information on that but i want to believe we are the ones lending govt money. So CBN or Fed govt should be glad that people are willing to invest in their bills.

It's getting obvious that customers of banks are getting knowledge of treasury bills so it's normal savings deposit may drop.

But despite that, commercial banks are still making their profits from savings accout and other products.

My only fear and question is,peradventure nigeria divides on oct 1st,God forbid! what happens to our investment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
PhilJames:

3.5M will get you 117k
thank you brother..wish I had known about all these earlier,but better late than never
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
Fm4real06:

Mehn.. that rate is low o. I got 76days for 15% in the secondary market two weeks ago!
which bank pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
zamirikpo:

Yes boss, Godbless ur every move, uve been a great source of inspiration to most of us......

I have my 6th TB investment......target is 12, am half way there.... grin grin cheesy
how do you go about it sir/ma please elucidate....thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
tobe4real:
which bank pls?
Firstbank ofcourse!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
Fm4real06:

Firstbank ofcourse!
na wa o!i asked a lady there about tb and she said they usually send them an email but as they haven't sent her any email it's currently unavailable..so I went for fixing
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
tobe4real:
na wa o!i asked a lady there about tb and she said they usually send them an email but as they haven't sent her any email it's currently unavailable..so I went for fixing
Lol.. d lady don play u fast wayo.. she will receive a commission on that fixed deposit she opened for you.
Bankers know customers who are naive and they would do anything juat for them to convince you.

Trasury bills are available everyday just that u may not prefer the available rates or tenor. Go bank to the bank, meet another staff in charge of Tb, ask her u want to know the available rates and tenors in the secondary market. Once you say this, they know you know what you are saying. After they have told you and u are satisfied with anyone, just liquidate ur fixed deposit instantly and invest in Tbills. I dont think there are significant penal charges in liquidating fixed deposit.

But n4 u invest in tbills, be very sure that you wont be needing ur principal till maturity date bcause of d penal charges.
I hope i tried small!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Glowoak: 12:20am On Aug 04, 2017
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:33am On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
how do you go about it sir/ma please elucidate....thanks

I've been here since d days of 12% on 364days. Its simply saving every kobo am not using . I intend to have one TB investment mature every month.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 5:28am On Aug 04, 2017
Fm4real06:

Lol.. d lady don play u fast wayo.. she will receive a commission on that fixed deposit she opened for you.
Bankers know customers who are naive and they would do anything juat for them to convince you.

Trasury bills are available everyday just that u may not prefer the available rates or tenor. Go bank to the bank, meet another staff in charge of Tb, ask her u want to know the available rates and tenors in the secondary market. Once you say this, they know you know what you are saying. After they have told you and u are satisfied with anyone, just liquidate ur fixed deposit instantly and invest in Tbills. I dont think there are significant penal charges in liquidating fixed deposit.

But n4 u invest in tbills, be very sure that you wont be needing ur principal till maturity date bcause of d penal charges.
I hope i tried small!
thanks boss no you did not try small,this is try big

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:03am On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
10%

You were lucky to have gotten 10%.
Hope you have "learnt you lessons now?" Better run away and move to Treasury Bills where your treasures are right now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:13am On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
ok thanks....hmmm I just checked and saw it's 345 pages,I wonder when I'll be able to get done going through

In your own interests, you better go through from page 1 to the end so that you don't keep asking same questions that have been answered severally and at the end of the day, you will be glad you did.

Don't get scared at all, it's something you can finish in less than one week IF you are determined. Just target at least 50 pages a day as if you're reading a novel and at the end of the day you won't ask a single question again on the forum while you find yourself making contributions and enlightening others.

Try it and thank me later cause you can do it

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:47am On Aug 04, 2017
Glowoak:
Good day house. Is it possible to have an interest ridiculously less than the calculated after purchase of treasury bill. Eg 500k TB purchased for 91 days tenor yielding #450 only?

Did you write N450.00? If yes, then
This is absolutely an impossibility even if it was at 10% which would have given you about N12,500.00

Where did you get that from?
Did you do the investment yourself?
We're you sent the result of your Bank''s bid?
Was your account credited one or two days after the bid day with the N450.00 interest or after 91days?
Do you have either the copy of the mail sent to you or the hard copy you obtained from your bank?

On the contrary, if it was invested for you through a proxy, be sure that person is lying to you as you must have been scammed or maybe you or him put the money in a savings account.

Come to think of it again, even a savings account of 1% per annum for 91days would have given you about N416.67 for just one month and N1,250 for 91days.

SORRY O! MY BROTHER

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 04, 2017
Glowoak:
Good day house. Is it possible to have an interest ridiculously less than the calculated after purchase of treasury bill. Eg 500k TB purchased for 91 days tenor yielding #450 only?
I think you question lacks clarity.
Do u mean 450k or 450naira.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 8:30am On Aug 04, 2017
Lucky you bro.. No debit yet ooo
Maybe they did not treat my request after all... I can hear First bank Secondary Market calling me grin grin grin
munezo:
I just got the alert now. I did 182 days and the rate was 17.28

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2017
2n2k:

Yes o. I support you. Just go there and begin tear your p*nt, boxer, singlet, stockings, shoes and shokoto for them. Even self, make sure you carry mat, toothpaste, tooth brush etc go and tell them say you go sleep for there if the 0.05% is not added. Iam sure they will start begging you to take 20.48%. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fynebouy: 9:36am On Aug 04, 2017
My friend did 6 months and got 17.25% on First Bank. Is this a good rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2017
Fynebouy:
My friend did 6 months and got 17.25% on First Bank. Is this a good rate?

Yes. It is a good rate for 6 months. Not long ago it was also a fantastic rate for 12 months too. :-)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: saintiyke(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.