Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446983 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2017
grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2017
MssRose:
Was finally debited yesterday by stanbic. I did for 1.4M for 364days and 1,141,988.82 was debited. please house what percentage interest is that.

About 18.48%.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kentrasso(f): 1:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
PhilJames:

8.2M will get you 272,958 for 90 days....

Treasury bill is way better than Fixed deposit.

wow! please who has eight million that they're not using?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Kentrasso:

I have eight million kobo that i am not using grin grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Please is there anyone here that bidded with Stanbic, and is yet to be debited?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
Kentrasso:

I have but it is with somebody that is paying 25% on it. If you are ready to pay 30% on it sha, i fit comot am from the person hand give you. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
TONY56:

You were lucky to have gotten 10%.
Hope you have "learnt you lessons now?" Better run away and move to Treasury Bills where your treasures are right now.
no i was taxed 10%,the fixed deposit was at 7.00 rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
TONY56:

In your own interests, you better go through from page 1 to the end so that you don't keep asking same questions that have been answered severally and at the end of the day, you will be glad you did.

Don't get scared at all, it's something you can finish in less than one week IF you are determined. Just target at least 50 pages a day as if you're reading a novel and at the end of the day you won't ask a single question again on the forum while you find yourself making contributions and enlightening others.

Try it and thank me later cause you can do it
hmmmm ok thanks,will do that tomorrow
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by CuteRedd(f): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
no i was taxed 10%,the fixed deposit was at 7.00 rate
cry cry cry cry You were taxed 10% of your money crywhile they gave you 7% interest embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked cry daylight robbery
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2017
CuteRedd:
cry cry cry cry You were taxed 10% of your money crywhile they gave you 7% interest embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked cry daylight robbery
taxed 10% of the proceeds of the investment,my first time venturing into investments of this sort,it's always been about properties and knowledge/skills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by punae: 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
Any UBA investor in the house?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SamReinvented: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
punae:

I don ask tire
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
MOM1:

Yes but you have to submit the application before the bid day. I submitted my application 2 weeks ago and was debited but transaction was completed yesterday. I received my interest today.

Which of their branches? Ajao estate branch will not allow you, but most of the branches on Lagos island will oblige you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
good day all,Pls is there any one who is yet to be debited from stanbic?

I am yet to be debited and the customer service girl informed me when I called that is today,just thinking the 'evils' that will happen on Monday if my transaction wasn't treated
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
NL1960:

About 18.48%.
Thanks. Fair enough
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by AkDave1: 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
Bros same here ooo.. What can you fit to do if the request was not treated, other than to jeje-ly move to First bank.
chyima:

I am yet to be debited and the customer service girl informed me when I called that is today,just thinking the 'evils' that will happen on Monday if my transaction wasn't treated
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chyima(f): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
AkDave1:
Bros same here ooo.. What can you fit to do if the request was not treated, other than to jeje-ly move to First bank.

what can I do? i'm laughing at this statement very well ,cos I fear for whoever that will attend to me on Monday if no tangible reasons will be provided for it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
ok thanks but I thought different tenors have different fixed rates

Bros, if you by any chance take the pain to read through the 1st 5 - 10 pages of this thread, (especially as you have so much to put in) you will most likely have only few or no questions to ask, and will be in better position to make more informed decisions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aceclue(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
punae:

debited on Thursday evening, though rate not known yet because have not received email
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
Glowoak:
Good day house. Is it possible to have an interest ridiculously less than the calculated after purchase of treasury bill. Eg 500k TB purchased for 91 days tenor yielding #450 only?

I am not certain what your problem might be as you will only be sure when you visit the bank you invested. However, if your investment was done through first bank it is likely that you requested for the interested to be reinvested with principal. Treasury Bill investment is done in thousand hence if there is a few hundreds on your intended investment funds it it sent bank so that might be what u saw. If not 500k investment for 91days even @ 13% it should nt less than 16k.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Glowoak: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
chyima:

Sometimes u may not get credit or debit alert. When i first did mine, i didnt get any alert and i was thinking that they didnt work on it until i was shown my balance and my proof of investment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by PhilJames: 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Kentrasso:

Lols. You can borrow from bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wellsaid(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good evening to u all. I have been following this wonderful thread for quite a while and I must say I appreciate the efforts of gurus in order to make this thread one f financial enlightenment.

Please I have a question, as regards purchasing of TBILLs either in the primary or secondary market, can u put DIAMOND BANK on the same level with STANBIC and FIRST BANK? I use DIAMOND BANK but I see that stanbic and First bank happen to be the most recommended banks for TBILLs here.

If DIAMOND is good to go, I think I will start investing in TBILLS right away.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
mindtricks:

Bros, if you by any chance take the pain to read through the 1st 5 - 10 pages of this thread, (especially as you have so much to put in) you will most likely have only few or no questions to ask, and will be in better position to make more informed decisions.
5-10pages?? Cool!thanks,better than reading 300+ pages
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
wellsaid:
Good evening to u all. I have been following this wonderful thread for quite a while and I must say I appreciate the efforts of gurus in order to make this thread one f financial enlightenment.

Please I have a question, as regards purchasing of TBILLs either in the primary or secondary market, can u put DIAMOND BANK on the same level with STANBIC and FIRST BANK? I use DIAMOND BANK but I see that stanbic and First bank happen to be the most recommended banks for TBILLs here.

Diamond bank you don't want to die early according to review here.

Dust your passport/ voters card move to FBN and/or Stanbic on Monday. Open an account with them.

Primary auction: Stanbic is the King
Secondary market: FBN no dey carry last.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
wellsaid:

I don't want to bore you with a long strong, so I will try and make it brief using my own personal experience.

I bank with Diamond and I've always wanted to invest in T-bills through them. However, their rates are not encouraging in addition to their tactical ways of persuading me not to invest in T-bill. A novice would have been easily fooled.

I have a bit of banking experience, spent 3.5 years with two good banks, so I'm no novice to their ways. Banks enjoy "float" on current accounts which they lend out to "borrowing" customers at over 18%. Mind you, there's is no cost of funds to the bank since they are paying the depositors nothing on current account deposits and when they do (for FD and saving accounts), it's always marginal.

In summary, banks would rather keep your money with them. However, when you invest in T-bills, the funds are not available for the bank to use or earn on. Hence they will give you all the silly excuses on earth when you give them an instruction.

Based on this thread, I had to open new bank accounts with both banks - FBN and Stanbic and I tried investing through both (this week). Despite the fact that my funds had been sitting with FBN for a week prior to bidding, they still came back with a silly excuse of not getting approval from HQ. Again, I suspect the branch does not want to lose deposit, at least not for the next two weeks since they are now promising and begging that they will make next bid

Stanbic only got the funds Monday and by Tuesday, a lien was already on the funds and just yesterday I was debited.

On a lighter note, Stanbic wasn't one of the banks i worked for grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mexite: 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Please when is the next auction for TB for FBN?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
tobe4real:
thanks boss no you did not try small,this is try big
Av u gone to d bank nw?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tobe4real(m): 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
Fm4real06:

Av u gone to d bank nw?
no i will much later
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 04, 2017
cooldudeng:

I don't want to bore you with a long strong, so I will try and make it brief using my own personal experience.

I bank with Diamond and I've always wanted to invest in T-bills through them. However, their rates are not encouraging in addition to their tactical ways of persuading me not to invest in T-bill. A novice would have been easily fooled.

I have a bit of banking experience, spent 3.5 years with two good banks, so I'm no novice to their ways. Banks enjoy "float" on current accounts which they lend out to "borrowing" customers at over 18%. Mind you, there's is no cost of funds to the bank since they are paying the depositors nothing on current account deposits and when they do (for FD and saving accounts), it's always marginal.

In summary, banks would rather keep your money with them. However, when you invest in T-bills, the funds are not available for the bank to use or earn on. Hence they will give you all the silly excuses on earth when you give them an instruction.

Based on this thread, I had to open new bank accounts with both banks - FBN and Stanbic and I tried investing through both (this week). Despite the fact that my funds had been sitting with FBN for a week prior to bidding, they still came back with a silly excuse of not getting approval from HQ. Again, I suspect the branch does not want to lose deposit, at least not for the next two weeks since they are now promising and begging that they will make next bid

Stanbic only got the funds Monday and by Tuesday, a lien was already on the funds and just yesterday I was debited.

On a lighter note, Stanbic wasn't one of the banks i worked for grin grin grin
This is a cool write up. It seems most of the banks are now discouraging customers from investing in Tbills.
There is something i still dont understand, cant Fedgovt do something to stop them from discouraging their customers since the fed govt is in need of our money?
Uptill now my bankers in the branch i opened my TB are not happy with me. Is it by force to do FD?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wellsaid(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
torres2:

Diamond bank you don't want to die early according to review here.

Dust your passport/ voters card move to FBN and/or Stanbic on Monday. Open an account with them.

Primary auction: Stanbic is the King
Secondary market: FBN no dey carry last.

Wow ,... Thanks for the quick response and also the note of warning , highly appreciated. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: talk2tonie and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.