Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447352 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
ositadima1:

At #300 per haircut, 75k is about 250 haircuts in a month, thats about 8 haircuts per day. Its more than possible.
our barber charge 500 naira in Lagos inside an ac container ..electricity has been a little bit stable
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
i open a cement shop for my kid bro with 300 bags cost 690,000 rent shop 80 k table calculator chair etc 20 k we sell around 30 bags daily that 900 bags in a month the main dealer supply him 3 a months and he has a profit of 100 naira per bag that a gross income of 90 k monthly when we prorate his rent and shop assistant he made an income of around 60 k monthly on an investment of 800 k ..... successful trade is the key.... imagine ruining a chain of cement shop (50) that will give 3 million monthly big boy don start be that ....THIS WAS TESTED AND CONFIRMED so that why i cant advice any young guy to put 1 mill in tb for 12 k monthly and sleep all day....nb this doesnt not mean i dont support tb investment for people that have other income generating careers or are old or retire ....u meet opportunity in biz like my kid bro sold 2 trucks of cement in one day to a new construction site and made 150 k ,also people buy and keep in his shop and take small small this give him capital....u most have a career even if na huge tb we call u money market player and can add financial advisory

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
As you think
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2018
Alikote:
i open a cement shop for my kid bro with 300 bags cost 690,000 rent shop 80 k table calculator chair etc 20 k we sell around 30 bags daily that 900 bags in a month the main dealer supply him 3 a months and he has a profit of 100 naira per bag that a gross income of 90 k monthly when we prorate his rent and shop assistant he made an income of around 60 k monthly on an investment of 800 k ..... successful trade is the key.... imagine ruining a chain of cement shop (50) that will give 3 million monthly big boy don start be that ....THIS WAS TESTED AND CONFIRMED so that why i cant advice any young guy to put 1 mill in tb for 12 k monthly and sleep all day....nb this doesnt not mean i dont support tb investment for people that have other income generating careers or are old or retire ....u meet opportunity in biz like my kid bro sold 2 trucks of cement in one day to a new construction site and made 150 k ,also people buy and keep in his shop and take small small this give him capital....u most have a career even if na huge tb we call u money market player and can add financial advisory
Wow... thank you very much sir, I have learned a thing or two from your comment.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2018
Whatever one likes let him do with his money.

No need for all the advices.

The money I fixed in TB, give me one year, I'll still not take it out of my savings account.

Man's busy, Man's not hot.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by p2son(m): 10:28am On Feb 19, 2018
My ppl good day.... plz wats first bank or stanbic's current tb rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by naijaobi(m): 10:35am On Feb 19, 2018
TONY56:

Who say?
What's the source of your information?
CBN or a Particular Bank?

Individual banks can take that decision but it can't be binding on all.
Even the woman from cbn said so from the video u last posted here. She said people with less than 50 million should probably invest in mutual funds etc etc.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by presiade(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2018
Anyone wants to buy some of my TBills from me today? I need to pay for a transaction ASAP and the budgeted funds is in treasury bills with GTB. Minimum of #3.5m available for grab. Maturity is around 3rd week in May 2018.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2018
naijaobi:

Even the woman from cbn said so from the video u last posted here. She said people with less than 50 million should probably invest in mutual funds etc etc.

Yes she said so because that is the rules as per direct transactions with the CBN. She never said banks should not pull funds together from those who do not have up to M50m and that's a kind of mutual fund if you don't know.

What Banks have been doing for those of us who don't have N50m to invest and dictate our preferred rates for Treasury Bills is a Mutual Fund. See the definition of "Mutual Fund" below please for your perusal:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/mutualfund.asp

In other words, what I am saying is that the CBN can NEVER dictate the minimum amount that individual banks can accept for investments in mutual funds BUT the banks on their own can. So if a bank says it's no longer going to accept less than N50m, it does not mean that others can't accept N100,000 as Stanbic and First Bank does.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by naijaobi(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2018
TONY56:

Yes she said so because that is the rules as per direct transactions with the CBN. She never said banks should not pull funds together from those who do not have up to M50m and that's a kind of mutual fund if you don't know.

What Banks have been doing for those of us who don't have N50m to invest and dictate our preferred rates for Treasury Bills is a Mutual Fund. See the definition of "Mutual Fund" below please for your perusal:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/mutualfund.asp

In other words, what I am saying is that the CBN can NEVER dictate the minimum amount that individual banks can accept for investments in mutual funds BUT the banks on their own can. So if a bank says it's no longer going to accept less than N50m, it does not mean that others can't accept N100,000 as Stanbic and First Bank does.
Okay.. thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mamateniola1: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hummmm... I don read tire. Weldone guys. So I was at FBN today. The lady said TB will be open again by next week and I shld check on Friday to fill the forms. She said last week was 15%. Now, I intend putting in 600k for 6months. Pls how much will this give me? Then is 6months not too much? Can I visit stanbic too and fill form then go for the highest rate? Pls I suck in calculation. I can't even count to save my life. Pls help. I am a first time investor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ibukun003(m): 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
mamateniola1:
Hummmm... I don read tire. Weldone guys. So I was at FBN today. The lady said TB will be open again by next week and I shld check on Friday to fill the forms. She said last week was 15%. Now, I intend putting in 600k for 6months. Pls how much will this give me? Then is 6months not too much? Can I visit stanbic too and fill form then go for the highest rate? Pls I suck in calculation. I can't even count to save my life. Pls help. I am a first time investor.
At that rate for for 6months would give ~ 45k interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
mamateniola1:
You have to make your choice upfront.
Should you want to try both banks, you'd have to have 600k in each account. 1.2m in total. And once the bid pulls through, you can no longer decide against the investment on the grounds on low rate. You'd have to do a premature termination to pull out.

Anyways, for sec market, use FBN, and use Stanbic for the primary market. If you choose to go vice versa, the difference in rates won't be material especially on the size of your principal.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mamateniola1: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2018
That's 45k for the 6month period?
@awesomeJ, Thnx. I am now thinking of splitting 1.2 into the 2banks so I can experience both. Loll

Ibukun003:

At that rate for for 6months would give ~ 45k interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
mamateniola1:
That's 45k for the 6month period?
@awesomeJ, Thnx. I am now thinking of splitting 1.2 into the 2banks so I can experience both. Loll

I hope it's a dream because the stop rate even for 364days last week was about 13.7% so I don't know where the lady who told you 15% for 6months got her information from. Even the secondary market didn't have that kind of rate last week and I doubt if any such "high" rate has happened this year for 180days at the secondary market.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2018
presiade:
Anyone wants to buy some of my TBills from me today? I need to pay for a transaction ASAP and the budgeted funds is in treasury bills with GTB. Minimum of #3.5m available for grab. Maturity is around 3rd week in May 2018.

Oga go to your bank and liquidate. Is TB transferrable that way?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Oga go to your bank and liquidate. Is TB transferrable that way?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I really wonder ooooooooooo
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SuccesYear: 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
The thread hv been an enlightening one in whc for some couple of weeks been a silent reader.

Thou, still seeking employment but ceteris paribus some months now I shld lay hands on like #2m.

The advice now is shld I invest the sum in tb or dabble into buz.

Note- am a total newbie wen it comes to buz issue & if atall I shld follow the line them it must be "Necessity & Non-perishable Goods".

Advice pls. Thks all
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MrHighSea: 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2018
@Succesyear, Biz will rock better.

U can't b a TBist n accumulate the kind of dough a vibrant youth needs.

Dive neck deep into biz of ur choice, keeps d body/soul busy n opens new frontiers.

God bless our hustle

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 12:04am On Feb 20, 2018
MrHighSea:
Whatever one likes let him do with his money.

No need for all the advices.

The money I fixed in TB, give me one year, I'll still not take it out of my savings account.

Man's busy, Man's not hot.

You are right

Let all do what they think is right with their money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:18am On Feb 20, 2018
MrHighSea:
@Succesyear, Biz will rock better.

U can't b a TBist n accumulate the kind of dough a vibrant youth needs.

Dive neck deep into biz of ur choice, keeps d body/soul busy n opens new frontiers.

God bless our hustle

Exactly my point. If my initial capital was saved up in TB is will take 30yrs for me to get to where I am now in just under 5yrs.

Young bloods should hussle first , b4 TB.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 20, 2018
zamirikpo:

Exactly my point. If my initial capital was saved up in TB is will take 30yrs for me to get to where I am now in just under 5yrs.

Young bloods should hussle first , b4 TB.
finally u got my point .... my friend was earning 1 million monthly from tb as his security as he called it but yet he kept his 3 oil tankers and still buy houses renovate and sale....when i told him if na me na to retire and he say in biz carrer oppurnity keep springing up like total plc gave transporters new trucks on loan no collerate

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 20, 2018
Even if a youth has 50 m he should invest in tb and use the upfront to test a biz carrer like importing tokubo cars and selling, london use phones and laptops u can take risk with unfront untill u learn

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Partnerbiz(f): 7:08am On Feb 20, 2018
Alikote:
finally u got my point .... my friend was earning 1 million monthly from tb as his security as he called it but yet he kept his 3 oil tankers and still buy houses renovate and sale....when i told him if na me na to retire and he say in biz carrer oppurnity keep springing up like total plc gave transporters new trucks on loan no collerate
see money.... chai
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2018
Partnerbiz:

see money.... chai
na small small we go reach there too keep investing those loose focus by shine shine thing cars women booze
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2018
Alikote:
Even if a youth has 50 m he should invest in tb and use the upfront to test a biz carrer like importing tokubo cars and selling, london use phones and laptops u can take risk with unfront untill u learn

ooh 50m,haba... any youth that has 50m, is on a different level, in fact how many adults have 50m,your analogy is out of our premise, I am talking of someone starting life with 500k,1m,2m3m,......

how much could he possibly make from tb on such low sums. that money should be put into some hustle and by Gods grace it will grow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 20, 2018
zamirikpo:

ooh 50m,haba... any youth that has 50m, is on a different level, in fact how many adults have 50m,your analogy is out of our premise, I am talking of someone starting life with 500k,1m,2m3m,......

how much could he possibly make from tb on such low sums. that money should be put into some hustle and by Gods grace it will grow.
i keep seening youths 27-40 with g wagons and benz 2018 in island on friday night in qulox, movida aura the place so i keep imagining they have 50 m since one ride na 24 m ....joking
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 9:57am On Feb 20, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:01pm On Feb 20, 2018
dipoolowoo:
T-Bills Market, Yields Open Week Flat as CBN Records Zero OMO Sales
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/02/20/t-bills-market-yields-open-week-flat-cbn-records-zero-omo-sales/
I just pray this affects the next primary auction rates positively.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2018
Alikote:
i keep seening youths 27-40 with g wagons and benz 2018 in island on friday night in qulox, movida aura the place so i keep imagining they have 50 m since one ride na 24 m ....joking

That's the thing. I.want to.connect to.this people but I.Don't want juju way oh. I always like business

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: amordi, UncleBone and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.