Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4428413 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2018
This looks so funny.
I closed down my Ecobank account to invest in MM even though I went to hell and back before I could successfully shut it down barely a month ago.
Only today, they sent me a thank you message for using ecobank and credited me with with 12grand.
Are they trying to lure me back or what even though I'm impressed.
This is one incentive I can never get from gtb

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2018
Alikote:
over 20 bn dollar held by Nigerians unnecessarily in dorm accounts(since they dont have immediate use) bought at 400 naira .....since petrol is the single largest commodity that consume our dollar demand will be off the list next year with the coming of dangote refinery this huge dollar saving will result in dollar surplus compare with demand,other back ward integration scheme materializing rice,sugar ,flour , etc sourced locally will boost Naira strength.... it just a speculation but for fuel is for real....with pmb our taste to import with the new found surplus dollar will not be available .....
Wow....thanks......
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Wow....thanks......
dangote himself is expecting it to be 280 real naira value post his refinary and zero import plus export earning of 10 from fellowing african countries i believe him he has the largest bill of dollar debt in africa

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2018
He advised we stay focus on the intent of the thread without derailing and I think he is right. If you are travelling from Lagos to PH and you want to stop for eating you go off the road to an eatery! U don't eat on the road. If you need to unwind, go to romance section afterwards you can come back rather than derailing this thread. Stay focus guys
zinaunreal:
it would have been wise for you to keep shut and get on with the TB discussion rather than lecture us on what we already know Mr Minister of Education. Taking the heat off sometimes aint bad. Youre asking for correlation. When ever you drive from lagos to portharcourt don't stop to take a break and eat eba and better soup keep on driving till you suffocate. Coz you own a car and others use public transport doesnt make you a robot. You must divert to eat. Youre asking correlation

Youve actually dragged just a few comments that isnt even up to four peoples opinion and made it a case. Maybe na you own this thread i guess. You can eat the thread then.

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 24, 2018
DMerciful:
He advised we stay focus on the intent of the thread without derailing and I think he is right. If you are travelling from Lagos to PH and you want to stop for eating you go off the road to an eatery! U don't eat on the road. If you need to unwind, go to romance section afterwards you can come back rather than derailing this thread. Stay focus guys
truck drivers even halt to have sex to refresh the mind and still deliver product to filling stations

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2018
Loool..you want us to join them grin
Alikote:
truck drivers even halt to have sex to refresh the mind and still deliver product to filling stations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 24, 2018
DMerciful:
Loool..you want us to join them grin
u be driver
...free world enjoy ur money or someeles will do it for u

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2018
Alikote:

I hear, them drivers have to stop to do their I put, I withdraw... but not in the middle of the highway nah.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kepsi123(m): 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2018
zinaunreal:
you can write but you cant read obviously

Huh? One thing I learnt early about this forum is that there are a lot of immature people here. So this will not bother me much!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
DMerciful:
everybody is focused. But ive noticed you people still don't want to ignore a few comments on quilox so continue showcasing your immaturity here. Rubbish. What would it take for you not to comment and move on. I cease to comment any futher. If una like start employing people on this thread like say na company. Na your forefathers get am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
kepsi123:

Huh? One thing I learnt early about this forum is that there are a lot of immature people here. So this will not bother me much!
focus on your bank account bro. Thats what counts. You can say Dangote is immature how does that affect him

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2018
kepsi123:

mr matured when we go celebrate your 100 years...we go quilox to celebrate oldies matured investor...najia over serious warrent buffet

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
kepsi123:

Mr class captain..lol.....you mean your grand teachers are not matured right..?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 6:26pm On Feb 24, 2018
Alikote:
mr matured when we go celebrate your 100 years...we go quilox to celebrate oldies matured investor...najia over serious warrent buffet
Hahahahahahah......lol...see finishing...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
U are just rude!
zinaunreal:
everybody is focused. But ive noticed you people still don't want to ignore a few comments on quilox so continue showcasing your immaturity here. Rubbish. What would it take for you not to comment and move on. I cease to comment any futher. If una like start employing people on this thread like say na company. Na your forefathers get am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2018
C505:
This looks so funny.
I closed down my Ecobank account to invest in MM even though I went to hell and back before I could successfully shut it down barely a month ago.
Only today, they sent me a thank you message for using ecobank and credited me with with 12grand.

Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolaskynov: 10:59am On Feb 25, 2018
Happy Sunday people,

I want to enquire from enlightened people in this thread. Would you advise 1 year Treasury bills purchase at the present rate or FGN Bonds at the prevailing primary market rate for a 2 million Naira investment? And also please give your reasons for your direction.

Thank you so much, I await responses.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
Damolaskynov:
Happy Sunday people,

I want to enquire from enlightened people in this thread. Would you advise 1 year Treasury bills purchase at the present rate or FGN Bonds at the prevailing primary market rate for a 2 million Naira investment? And also please give your reasons for your direction.

Thank you so much, I await responses.

It depends how long you want to keep the money. FGN Savings Band has minimum of 2yrs and maximum of 3yrs tenure while TB has minimum of 91days(3 months) & maximum of 364days(1year) tenure. Between March-May last year when Feb Savings Bond started the rate was about 13.18% & 14.18 for the 2 & 3 years tenure. Then TB rate was about 17-18% for 364days tenure.
The last offer for 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 14, 2020: was 10.277% per annum. The last offer for 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 14, 2021: 11.277% per annum.
While the last TB auction offered 13-13.7% depending on your bank.

FGN Savings Bond interest is paid quarterly while the upfront TB interest can be reinvested almost immediately or used to solved other issues as soon as your investment starts counting.

If you invest in FGN Savings Bond your interest rate stands that way till its expiration/maturity of either 2 or 3 years depending on the tenure you choose. However if you invest in TB the rate may not be same for next year if you intend to reinvest. It could be higher or lower so the choice is your.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2018
freeman67:

It depends how long you want to keep the money. FGN Savings Band has minimum of 2yrs and maximum of 3yrs tenure while TB has minimum of 91days(3 months) & maximum of 364days(1year) tenure. Between March-May last year when Feb Savings Bond started the rate was about 13.18% & 14.18 for the 2 & 3 years tenure. Then TB rate was about 17-18% for 364days tenure.
The last offer for 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 14, 2020: was 10.277% per annum. The last offer for 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 14, 2021: 11.277% per annum.
While the last TB auction offered 13-13.7% depending on your bank.

FGN Savings Bond interest is paid quarterly while the upfront TB interest can be reinvested almost immediately or used to solved other issues as soon as your investment starts counting.

If you invest in FGN Savings Bond your interest rate stands that way till its expiration/maturity of either 2 or 3 years depending on the tenure you choose. However if you invest in TB the rate may not be same for next year if you intend to reinvest. It could be higher or lower so the choice is your.

Thanks Oga Freeman. The poster should also know that whereas T-bills are purchasable at any bank on any given day, he will likely need a brokerage account to do those bonds, and their subscriptions are often only open during the 2nd week of each month.

On behalf of myself, and everyone else who feels the need for an apology on some of the funny words with which you've been addressed here lately, I say WE'RE VERY SORRY SIR. Just overlook like the mature boss that you are. Your contributions here are invaluable.

@Engr Tony, Didn't you say you'd no longer take the week-long break? Where have you been sir?

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
awesomeJ:

Thanks Oga Freeman. The poster should also know that whereas T-bills are purchasable at any bank on any given day, he will likely need a brokerage account to do those bonds, and their subscriptions are often only open during the 2nd week of each month.

On behalf of myself, and everyone else who feels the need for an apology on some of the funny words with which you've been addressed here lately, I say WE'RE VERY SORRY SIR. Just overlook like the mature boss that you are. Your contributions here are invaluable.

@Engr Tony, Didn't you say you'd no longer take the week-long break? Where have you been sir?

Thanks Oga awesomej I never took it personal. Its a public forum and things like that are expected once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:11pm On Feb 25, 2018
freeman67:

Thanks Oga awesomej I never took it personal. Its a public forum and things like that are expected once in a while.
Nice....that's why we are men..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shegonchy(m): 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
C505:
This looks so funny.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
awesomeJ:

Ah!!! That last two page's (477 &478) were too hot for me. So I simply hid myself somewhere just observing. You know, the youths completely took over activities and I am not qualified to attend the famous Quilox and the likes for the big boys grin

If I had showed up, it's possible that I could be caught in the cross fire. In short, it was a page meant for the "Big boys" as there was not really much discussion on Treasury Bills but on how and where to relax which I think is sometimes welcome to me. So those of us who were not able to contribute turned to observers.

I hope you are having a beautiful Sunday

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 6:48pm On Feb 25, 2018
TONY56:

Sure I am sir.
We await NTB Q2'18 calendar.
Volume may reduce by up to 200 bn compared to Q2'17.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2018
Alikote:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bros, you harsh ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:29am On Feb 26, 2018
TONY56:

Ah!!! That last two page's (477 &478) were too hot for me. So I simply hid myself somewhere just observing. You know, the youths completely took over activities and I am not qualified to attend the famous Quilox and the likes for the big boys grin

If I had showed up, it's possible that I could be caught in the cross fire. In short, it was a page meant for the "Big boys" as there was not really much discussion on Treasury Bills but on how and where to relax which I think is sometimes welcome to me. So those of us who were not able to contribute turned to observers.

Chai, see as Engr Tony quick quick appear when i was already mobilizing to demand for an appeasement of the upfront interest on a 10m 364-day TB from you for abandoning us. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 11:11am On Feb 26, 2018
NL1960:

Chai, see as Engr Tony quick quick appear when i was already mobilizing to demand for an appeasement of the upfront interest on a 10m 364-day TB from you for abandoning us. grin cheesy

N10m?
Abeg o!!!
I dey very far from that o.
The day I reach that go be the day I go arrive for TB and maybe I will ask someone then to tell me how to get to where that Quilox is grin grin grin grin grin

I no abandon you people o.
Na dodge I dodge for cross fire on Quilox issues o.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2018
12.5% for 94days at first bank. Thank you God

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
GODAKPAN:
12.5% for 94days at first bank. Thank you God

12.5% ? So it's this bad, see as i dey wait for TBills to appreciate so I can do small, be like say mutual funds better pass at 16% .

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (2227) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.