Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4436981 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
Zeiya:
please when is the next auction coming up?

23/04/2015.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:
Got N37k for 91 days. First Bank 10%.
How much did you invest?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:
What bank is best for TB. First Bank gave me 10% from their secondary market and they are still debiting me for all manner of charges.
I got the same rate from them. Please were you issued a certificate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Royal155:
How much did you invest?

I think if u multiply that amt by 3 , then multiply by 10 u shld get the approx Answer
I Hope am correct
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
[quote author=lancee post=32521192]

grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 2:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Royal155:

I got the same rate from them. Please were you issued a certificate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:

nope.

grin Then i have to upgrade my maths
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:

none was given to me.
Did you not ask for certificate? what if anything goes wrong, would it not be the only evidence to prove that you invested such money in the bank? I wasn't given any but i approached them for it and they said i should come by next week.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
Royal155:
Did you not ask for certificate? what if anything goes wrong, would it not be the only evidence to prove that you invested such money in the bank? I wasn't given any but i approached them for it and they said i should come by next week.

Then I will go see them tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
lancee:

I think if u multiply that amt by 3 , then multiply by 10 u shld get the approx Answer
I Hope am correct

You should actually multiply by 4, then you multiply whatever you get by 10. So you tried..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
Desanta:

You should actually multiply by 4, then you multiply whatever you get by 10. So you tried..

You are the mathematician.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:

You are the mathematician.

Nor be God?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Desanta:

grin Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yomi007k(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:

Then I will go see them tomorrow.
Good day sir,
Pls I really wud like 2 know if a certificate is given because Access didn't give me any either. Thank u
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
slimtriggaman:
Hello house, has anyone used Zenith bank to invest in treasury bills and how long did it take for them to credit the discounted (interest) amount to your account?, cuz I did and up till now nothing

Sir , any info on zenith .. Got alert from Gtb , nothing yet from Zenith
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 7:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Marpol:
What bank is best for TB. First Bank gave me 10% from their secondary market and they are still debiting me for all manner of charges.
Hope the charges were not outrageous because I want to use first bank for my next investment?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
pls I went first bank and GT bank to enquire about T bills, the officer said that they bid on behalf of their customers, how then will I be sure to get a good rate as they may give me a lower rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 5:35am On Apr 10, 2015
Zeiya:

Hope the charges were not outrageous because I want to use first bank for my next investment?

Not really outrageous. The problem is the stop rate was 10.5 for 91 days, they gave 10 which means 0.5 was pocketed by them.

Then they will charge you Treasury bill custodian fee and another fee like that.

I just felt the 0.5 they hacked off shd satisfy them and they shdnt dip into my small profit.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Marpol:

Not really outrageous. The problem is the stop rate was 10.5 for 91 days, they gave 10 which means 0.5 was pocketed by them.

Then they will charge you Treasury bill custodian fee and another fee like that.

I just felt the 0.5 they hacked off shd satisfy them and they shdnt dip into my small profit.

please at what rate are u charges and what are these charges for?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Epphy(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Sir,

What biz can one do with such amount and get such profit daily? I am interested oo.

Thanks

princeuk21:

My Advice.
1) the bank may not accept such amount.

2) eg. 25k×10÷100÷4= 625. (why tie such capital in this investment) ?

3) you can use the 25k to start a business that will create 1k each day as profit just do your market research very well.

4) so painful to say this but NTB is not for small capital most investors here do millions to earn thousands with 91 days tenor talk less of thousand like 25 or 30k to make how much N500 or N700 for 3 months? so my advice is save up some cash maybe 300k and you will enjoy your profit but you can start a business first.

5) you can always read from the first page to know more about this investment vehicle don't just trow your hard earn money in this investment with little or no knowledge about it believing someone may help u when things go wrong (only you can help yourself. people are always ready to play tricks on you if they know you know nothing about where you are heading to).

I HOPE YOU FIND THIS ADVICE USEFUL.

Am always here to assist and help you guys on the subject.
Princeuk21 wink smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Zeiya:

I was debited twise from my interest- first was n100 and later n74 naira on wednesday. That's too much if you ask me
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2015
Zeiya:
pls I went first bank and GT bank to enquire about T bills, the officer said that they bid on behalf of their customers, how then will I be sure to get a good rate as they may give me a lower rate?
That's how first bank did for me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 10:02am On Apr 10, 2015
Royal155:

That's how first bank did for me.
Same here, got 13.85 for 360 days instead of 14.15.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 10, 2015
Damolux01:
Were you issued any certificate? cos nobody gave me anything ooo!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Marpol: 10:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Does anyone know any bank that will allow you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sammily(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Marpol:
Does anyone know any bank that will allow you make your own bid?

I know Zenith bank do allow that but endeavour its on a savings account, not current because I noticed they charge double COT on current, first when they debit your account for the TB, and again when you eventually redraw your money.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
Royal155:

Were you issued any certificate? cos nobody gave me anything ooo!
Will visit them on Monday.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Marpol:

OK thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by justhelpme: 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
I don't know why Zenith Bank gave me 12.9% for 364 days. At least they should have made it up to 13.8%. I can't advise anybody to put his/her money in Zenith Bank for treasure bill. It is a big time rip off.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by berexio1: 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
Damolux01:
Were u expecting the Bank to bid same stop rate as CBN? Allowing the Bank bid for u means that you will go with the rate they eventually get(which usually is not bounced back i.e less than CBN rate) bt if u choose to bid for ursef and u are lucky, u can bid that rate of 14.15 or slightly less
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
berexio1:
Were u expecting the Bank to bid same stop rate as CBN? Allowing the Bank bid for u means that you will go with the rate they eventually get(which usually is not bounced back i.e less than CBN rate) bt if u choose to bid for ursef and u are lucky, u can bid that rate of 14.15 or slightly less
You're right bro. They've bided and lost twice before it eventually went through.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Damolux01(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
justhelpme:
I don't know why Zenith Bank gave me 12.9% for 364 days. At least they should have made it up to 13.8%. I can't advise anybody to put his/her money in Zenith Bank for treasure bill. It is a big time rip off.
If you got that from primary market, then it's actually what they bided for. However, if it's from secondary, they had to make some profit from you. Next time you go to Zenith, indicate your stop rate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Emumakpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.