Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437926 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
The next Treasury Bills Primary Market Auction is scheduled to hold 06th May 2015

See below the last Auction discount rate for the Bank:

91d – 10.00%
182d – 12.10%
364d – 12.70%
stanbic ibtc
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tweetiebishop(m): 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
Good evening NL,
I Jst stumbled on this page. My only question is, will the bank refund my principal at the end of maturity?
Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
tweetiebishop:
Good evening NL,
I Jst stumbled on this page. My only question is, will the bank refund my principal at the end of maturity?
Thanks.
Yes. Your principal will be credited to your account at the end of maturity
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kunzahr: 6:56am On May 01, 2015
Which bank do I go to and most I have acc with the said bank ? Pls need answer.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:27am On May 01, 2015
Kunzahr:
Which bank do I go to and most I have acc with the said bank ? Pls need answer.
I use first bank plc and you must open an account with them.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by babesummy: 10:59am On May 01, 2015
angelo82:
@All,This is off topic but can anyone explain how I can buy dollar from banks as some banks have already said they are not selling and I wonder why....I will like to convert some Naira asset into dollars for deposit into my USD account in Nigeria......Please your contribution is vital............

At the airport while travelling out of the country, using your naija ATM to withdraw in US, US territories or Ecuador.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bigdot1759(m): 11:17am On May 01, 2015
Pls here's my Questions
1, what's d meaning of "roll over"
2, if i have tbill of like #150m of 365days for 13.5% & before maturity market fall to 12.5%, will d percentage affect my stuff & if roll over, of which rate'lll be given?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mrkels(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2015
bigdot1759:
Pls here's my Questions
2, if i have tbill of like #150m of 365days for 13.5% & before maturity market fall to 12.5%, will d percentage affect my stuff & if roll over, of which rate'lll be given?

At maturity, when your investment (principal) is credited back to your account and you wish to continue with the investment, that's called rolling over.

When you roll over, they use the current rates and not existing ones.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kennyzboy: 1:11pm On May 01, 2015
egobetatoday:

Hello, please what is d difference btw bonds and t/bills?
Is the interest rate on bonds better than T/bills?
How can I invest my money in bonds?
Which of the banks can I invest in bonds with?
Pls help with any other useful info.
Thanks.

Hello guys there is a thread on FG bonds already;

https://www.nairaland.com/2236356/investing-federal-government-bonds-nigeria#32331830
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2015
bigdot1759:
Pls here's my Questions
guy read the thread from page 1 it will help u. This is not shares or stock market. Enjoy the thread
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nennin(m): 7:00am On May 03, 2015
@feelamong please how do one invest i treasury bills ? and how much will one need to invest in 91, 182, 1yr and how much will be the profit according to the different period?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37am On May 03, 2015
nennin:
@feelamong please how do one invest i treasury bills ? and how much will one need to invest in 91, 182, 1yr and how much will be the profit according to the different period?

Read from page 1. Therein lies your answers and more. Happy reading.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Zeiya(f): 8:43pm On May 03, 2015
nennin:
It pays to read from page one. I did the same when I saw this topic. it was quite interesting
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 8:25am On May 04, 2015
Morning house,planning to go to gtb today,have read previous pages and I think I understand it a bit.
Pls kindly help me ascertain if true
1.once the tb clicks u are paid ur interest upfront and one can use the interest as u please.
2.once the money is debited from your acct till maturity,your initial capital is safe even if tb rates reduces at some point. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2015
FKBZ:
Morning house,planning to go to gtb today,have read previous pages and I think I understand it a bit.
Pls kindly help me ascertain if true
1.once the tb clicks u are paid ur interest upfront and one can use the interest as u please.
2.once the money is debited from your acct till maturity,your initial capital is safe even if tb rates reduces at some point. grin
Yes and yes. But you should know that inflation is likely to be quite high this year.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 9:46am On May 04, 2015
Seun:
Yes and yes. But you should know that inflation is likely to be quite high this year.
Thanks Seun for the reply grin
But do u think its not wise to invest in tb due to the inflation on the rise.
The main reason for me investing in tb is cos of the upfront interest pay and I feel it can go a long way in helping offsetting some bills without touching my saving for three months.
I used to be a fixed deposit junkie until i discoved the rip off and i discovred i was even making more interest from my saving acct in gtb.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:03am On May 04, 2015
FKBZ: It's wise if you don't have another place to invest the money where you can earn more interest after accounting for risk (probably yes)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tchiwinnie: 12:30pm On May 04, 2015
Good day every1. Pls i want to buy T.bills wt diamondbank. Does anybody here use diamond bank? Are they ok/reliable? Any advice? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Good day every1. Pls i want to buy T.bills wt diamondbank. Does anybody here use diamond bank? Are they ok/reliable? Any advice? Thanks in anticipation.
The last time i went to diamond bank branch in Onitsha to buy this t.bill, they were busy persuading me to fixed the money instead of t.bills.

I told them that it's t.bill or nothing, they finally said that they don't register for t.bills.
I left to first bank where i registered.

I don't know about the branch in your area but diamond bank can be deceptive atimes. So why not approach them to acquire if they issue t.bills.

If you they try wooing you into going for fixed deposit, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tchiwinnie: 1:32pm On May 04, 2015
Royal155:

The last time i went to diamond bank branch in Onitsha to buy this t.bill, they were busy persuading me to fixed the money instead of t.bills.

I told them that it's t.bill or nothing, they finally said that they don't register for t.bills.
I left to first bank where i registered.

I don't know about the branch in your area but diamond bank can be deceptive atimes. So why not approach them to acquire if they issue t.bills.

If you they try wooing you into going for fixed deposit, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
Thank u for ur response. Pls how long ago was this? I actually asked and they said they issue T.bills. Bt i dont want stories, if they re 'surrounded wt issues' , i had better use anoda bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Thank u for ur response. Pls how long ago was this? I actually asked and they said they issue T.bills. Bt i dont want stories, if they re 'surrounded wt issues' , i had better use anoda bank.
That was on first week of March this year. But if they said they issue, there is no problem on that.
I guess the person i met that day was just being naive.
Just make sure they give a written document that is properly endorsed to serve as proof of investment incase of default.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tchiwinnie: 2:26pm On May 04, 2015
Royal155:

That was on first week of March this year. But if they said they issue, there is no problem on that.
I guess the person i met that day was just being naive.
Just make sure they give a written document that is properly endorsed to serve as proof of investment incase of default.
ok. i ll do dat. thanks so much for ur response. Bt how s firstbank? Are u enjoying their services?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 04, 2015
tchiwinnie:
ok. i ll do dat. thanks so much for ur response. Bt how s firstbank? Are u enjoying their services?
I have used them twice last month(9th and 21 auctions). They were quite honest in their dealings. Though they don't issue certificate(my branch though) but i persuaded them until their Head of Local Operation that was incharge of t.bills printed out letter of investment and t.bill bidding receipt, properly endorsed, and gave me.

So yes, they are good. But the last auction rate was low to compare to the previous ones.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tchiwinnie: 3:15pm On May 04, 2015
Royal155:

I have used them twice last month(9th and 21 auctions). They were quite honest in their dealings. Though they don't issue certificate(my branch though) but i persuaded them until their Head of Local Operation that was incharge of t.bills printed out letter of investment and t.bill bidding receipt, properly endorsed, and gave me.

So yes, they are good. But the last auction rate was low to compare to the previous ones.
merci beaucoup! I really appreciate ur response .

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FKBZ: 7:20pm On May 04, 2015
Went to gtb today and gave an instruction to invest since my acct officer isn't in d same location as I to invest.and I went with bank rate to be on d safe side.
So waiting for the auction date,fingers crossed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 04, 2015
FKBZ:
Went to gtb today and gave an instruction to invest since my acct officer isn't in d same location as I to invest.and I went with bank rate to be on d safe side.
lipsrsealed
FKBZ:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by koboko69: 10:52pm On May 04, 2015
Seun:
FKBZ: It's wise if you don't have another place to invest the money where you can earn more interest after accounting for risk (probably yes)

Seun u have not answered me. Where is all my time spent online flying to. I was noticing this b4 now...but ignored. How is it possible to spend 6 hrs on line with 50 topics and over a thousand comments. I must be a robot. if not for the data loss...iI should be 2 months now. After data loss...wwas about a month. Now 6 hrs..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ummitoagirl(f): 2:52pm On May 05, 2015
I may need to change my bank oh...This one that Ecobank dictates what % we can bid. It's ridiculous... for 91 days 8% is the max we are permitted to bid and for 182days, its only 11%...
I have become oloju ko koro...I enjoyed my 14.50% for 182 days I got the last time. I cant deal with this small %
Still thankful though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seye4nii(f): 5:55am On May 06, 2015
would like to know why those guy always insist that we should do fixed deposit same thing happen to me at first bank yesterday infarct
the guy told me that the interest rate deference is not much but i insist that i have some Guru bosses on nairaland that said t bill is better than Fixed deposit maybe they get commission for changing peoples mind?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On May 06, 2015
seye4nii:
would like to know why those guy always insist that we should do fixed deposit same thing happen to me at first bank yesterday infarct
the guy told me that the interest rate deference is not much but i insist that i have some Guru bosses on nairaland that said t bill is better than Fixed deposit maybe they get commission for changing peoples mind?
The bank will gain more from you(I think 10% of your capital gain) if you fixed your fund and they have full control of the money you fixed, unlike t.bills where central bank controls the money and the bank's commission is very small.
Don't let them woo you into fixed deposit unless it's what you want to do.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by seye4nii(f): 6:21am On May 06, 2015
thank you royal 155, i nearly fight with him but unfortunatly i will be traveling back to London this morning can i do it from outside nigeria because that guy waste my time yesterday

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.