Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) (17168 Views)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Meet The Man Who Looks Exactly Like Ojukwu-pics / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by sniperwolf(m): 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
Will he be given a full military burial?
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by musiwa43: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
why many people did not show up could based on the fact that for many years, nigeria govt control the media. and information about the biafra war were never allowed. nigeria govt operate more like communism.  NTA [largest television]. ran its first documentary about the war less than 4 years ago. after 40 years of the biafra war.

even in school system, the biafra war was not allowed into the system.  so most young people never knew anything much about the war.

the  NTA [largest television] runs like  communism television. it tells lies all the time. And ran propaganda against Ojukwu.

when nigeria run abroad and say they do not want to return. do you think, they are making fake claim. why do you think the satellite pictures show something different than the census figures.

Another issue is most igbo people who use to live in lagos now live abroad. Alot of them live abroad . Since they move the capital to abuja. Many moved their families too to abuja.
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by musiwa43: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
Azikiwe was basically was a twoface the nigeria govt kept on propagating on the igbo people.  That why, he is the only southerner who has a major landmark named after him in abuja, the airport. Even M K O abiola was not allowed to get a land mark named after him.  That show you nigeria has problem. Another issue is nigeria politician do not attract crowd like people like chief Awolowo or Gani fawehinmi.

Can you compare program by nigeria politician to this. and you beaf said I cant be president. You make me laugh.

Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by moremi2008(m): 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
I am not impressed with the Lagos event. The Igbos need to do better for Ike eba! angry
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by praetor(f): 3:06am On Feb 27, 2012
hardly anyone came,
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by musiwa43: 3:51am On Feb 27, 2012
i think it is a reflection of what i once said about population of igbos in lagos. and it also show some people cant attract as much crowd. look imagine if it was fela who is the person attending ojukwu burial. even if it was awolowo that attended ojukwu burial. people will come to see ojukwu because awolowo was going to attend. People will show, because the people believe in him.
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by moremi2008(m): 5:13am On Feb 27, 2012
musiwa,,.:

i think it is a reflection of what i once said about population of igbos in lagos. and it also show some people cant attract as much crowd. look imagine if it was fela who is the person attending ojukwu burial. even if it was awolowo that attended ojukwu burial. people will come to see ojukwu because awolowo was going to attend. People will show, because the people believe in him.

Stop grasping at straws to explain the disgraceful turnout. There are LOADS of Igbos living in Lagos! How do I know? The entire city empties out in the weeks around Christmas/New Year to go to the East! Stop making up implausible excuses.

Tinubu is the new Awolowo and he was there for the funeral ( grin grin grin grin). Why didn't anyone show up?
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by odumchi: 5:24am On Feb 27, 2012
I suspect that the real excitement will be at his actual burial in Nnewi.
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by inemesitetete: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2012
the burial will be hectic
Re: Lagos Funeral For Late Dim Odumegwu-ojukwu (pics) by Ranoscky(m): 1:42am On Feb 28, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politicians, Pastors, Birds Of The Same Feathers / Yemi Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Court Refuses To Compel DSS To Release Ifeanyi Ubah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.