Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) (2281 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / List Of People To Avoid In Lagos For New Comers. / Boarding A Plane For The First Time (Your Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by KeMe91: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2012
Hi everyone,

Coming to Nigeria, first week of March with my good friend. This will be our first time in Nigeria and we are looking to have a fun time.
We're looking for various events to go to in Lagos round the VI area (as well as clubs  grin )

Any suggestions?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys

Can't wait to get there

xoxo
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2012
KeMe91:

Hi everyone,

Coming to Nigeria, first week of March with my good friend. This will be our first time in Nigeria and we are looking to have a fun time.
We're looking for various events to go to in Lagos round the VI area (as well as clubs  grin )

Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get there

xoxo

Could this really be true? I'm wondering because, your English is so Nigerian; given that you claimed you've never been to Nigeria before.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by WAVixen: 3:42am On Feb 26, 2012
How is it Nigerian?
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by eghost247(m): 6:46am On Feb 26, 2012
hahahaha vicjustice
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by werepeLeri: 7:41am On Feb 26, 2012
Vicjustice:

Could this really be true? I'm wondering because, your English is so Nigerian; given that you claimed you've never been to Nigeria before.

You obviously havent passed the four corners of your room ever before.

How is her English Nigerian? Some people sha. Instead of keeping quiet, just exhibit their foolishness.

OP - so many places to visit on the Island - whats your taste and what are your expectations?

Seaside attraction and resorts at Bar Beach, Victoria Island camera camera
Badagry: the first missionary post and houses the first two-storey building in the country
Lekki Conservation Centre
National Museum: which houses important relics such as the traditional Benin Bronzes and the replica of the Festac '77 symbol.
Didi Museum
Tarkwa Bay Beach
National Theater, Iganmu, Lagos camera
Jankara Market on Lagos Island
Murtala Muhammed Memorial Botanical Garden
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by newmusic: 12:54pm On Feb 26, 2012
English is so Nigerian!!! Pathetic.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by Vicjustice: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
werepeLeri:

You obviously havent passed the four corners of your room ever before.

How is her English Nigerian? Some people sha. Instead of keeping quiet, just exhibit their foolishness.
   Has the bold line just described yourself?
   This is apparent because, if you are a bit intelligent, you would have known that English people don't write in the terms or manners in which the post was composed.

KeMe91:

Hi everyone,
Coming to Nigeria, first week of March. . .
   An English person in the UK would rather say "Going To or Visiting Nigeria"

KeMe91:

With my good friend
   UK people do have modified slangs for this.

KeMe91:

This will be our first time in Nigeria and we are looking (forward) to have a fun time.
   It's indeed pathetic if anyone does not identify this expression as Nigerian.

KeMe91:

I'm yet to see a person who had never been to Nigeria referring to Victoria Island as VI.

KeMe91:

Looking forward to hearing from you guys; Can't wait to get there
   There can't be a more expressive Nigerian phrase than this one, even when Nigeria scammers send emails, this is their favourite expression, ie "Looking forward to your reply or can't wait to read from you".
   Well, i'm open to be proven wrong
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by werepeLeri: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^^

U havent made any point. Go to East London and listen to White British women. I dont see how any of the above has proved she is Nigerian.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by KeMe91: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2012
Thank for the post,

Looking at tripadvisor alot of the places you have mentioned sound very good and have high ratings.

In terms of taste, I am just a typical 21 year old girl still at uni and looking to experience all that Nigeria has to offer.

To be honest I have no expectations, as I do not believe in holding expectations from something I don’t know. But I am sure I will be amazed by everything.

LOOL @
You obviously havent passed the four corners of your room ever before
wink
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by KeMe91: 9:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
Well, i'm open to be proven wrong

Not that I have to prove you wrong, but I was born and raised in the UK and will be coming to Nigeria for the first time.

In terms of the way I speak, I was raised by Nigerian parents. I am a first generation British born Nigerian and so obviously they have had an influence on me.

I'm yet to see a person who had never been to Nigeria referring to Victoria Island as VI.
I go to a university with a large international student population (some of which are Nigerian) therefore I am familiar with the terms and slangs used.

I originally posted this to get some advice and recommendations for great things to do while I am there, not to be doubted regarding my identity. As you have provided neither (advice nor recommendations) I really don't understand your reasoning for commenting.

Thank you to everyone else, and more suggestions would be very welcome kiss
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by Vicjustice: 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
KeMe91:

Not that I have to prove you wrong, but I was born and raised in the UK and will be coming to Nigeria for the first time.

In terms of the way I speak, I was raised by Nigerian parents. I am a first generation British born Nigerian and so obviously they have had an influence on me.
I go to a university with a large international student population (some of which are Nigerian) therefore I am familiar with the terms and slangs used.

I originally posted this to get some advice and recommendations for great things to do while I am there, not to be doubted regarding my identity. As you have provided neither (advice nor recommendations) I really don't understand your reasoning for commenting.

Thank you to everyone else, and more suggestions would be very welcome  kiss
  Thank you for the clarification. Please, don't get offended that i doubted you: you know that scammers can come in different way, shapes or forms, so, it's better to have suspicious attitude. Now, at least, everyone can see that i wasn't wrong after all that the (English) expressions are Nigerians.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by ikeyman00(m): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^^

nonesense

i think u need to apologise

simple as that!!!
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by mimi234: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
Will have to agree with vicjus on this one ,

KeMe91:

Coming to Nigeria,

This is not our lingo (London-lingo) (well not in the context she she used it), however she may not be originally from the UK i.e. Wasn't born and bred here/haven't lived in the UK that long, are you an international student or something.

Wouldn't it be wise if you come with a friend that is Nigerian rather than two complete strangers.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by werepeLeri: 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
^^^

Give us how Londoners say it! You mean Londoners like you will rather say - "We dey go Naija soon"

Mtcheewww. This is not our Lingo - even Naija man self dey call himself Londoner. Why are u, Naija based, they form say u na Londoner?
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by mimi234: 1:38am On Feb 28, 2012
werepeLeri:

^^^

Give us how Londoners say it! You mean Londoners like you will rather say - "We dey go Naija soon"

Mtcheewww. This is not our Lingo - even Naija man self dey call himself Londoner. Why are u, Naija based, they form say u na Londoner?

Theres no need to be rude, i know what i'm talking about. Born and bred in London. In the context that she said it , I would have said 'Hi everyone,

I'm going to Nigeria in The first week of March or Hey everyone I'll be going to Nigeria in the first week of March'. Anyways there all the same I was just agreeing with vicjus point. lipsrsealed
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by imperiouxx(m): 3:34am On Feb 28, 2012
I won come Naija for the fost taim with mai good padi and I go like go meni meni place. Abeg everi one se I sand like I neva reach Naija befour becos I be born America  grin grin
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by KeMe91: 3:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
You guys are too funny, You are all so fixated with my English :S
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by omega25red(m): 8:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
this thread is really funny. so people have to justify where they say they are?
Even if she wasnt from the uk so what? who would she have been lying to?

poster abeg dont justify anything to anyone and im sure more people would come in to give you more suggestions
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by Natasha2(f): 12:03am On Mar 01, 2012
as odd as it sounds there were some truth in what Vic justice said.
@poster Anyways I hope you'll enjoy your stay here when you finally come.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by ojdollars(m): 1:56am On Mar 01, 2012
@
KeMe91:

Hi everyone,

Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get there

xoxo

@KeMe91 , Please don't go to the following States

Edo - Benin
Delta - Asaba/Warri[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Bayelsa - Yenogoa
Rivers - Portharcourt

Reason? Your parents would have paid so much ransome before they know it. Don;t dare it. Stop for Lagos, Lagos, Calabar, Abuja a bit, Ibadan and perhaps Benue State. I don tell you ooh, but if you get ransome money, you fit come and you go enjoy your Holiday with the resident kidnappers. Welcome to Naija shall.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by tpia5: 2:02am On Mar 01, 2012
Hi everyone,

We're looking for various events to go to in Lagos round the VI area (as well as clubs )

Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get there

xoxo

this thread is still on?

cant remember your reasons for not being able to contact any family members, family friends, etc to take you around, but it seems you're only in nigeria as a tourist.

will check the thread later to refresh my memory.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by tpia5: 2:05am On Mar 01, 2012
is this the lady who opened a thread last year saying she's of nigerian descent, trying to visit nigeria for the first time, and cant contact her relatives for some reasons?

if its not, then ignore my previous post, thanks.
Re: London Girl In Lagos For The First Time :) by Natasha2(f): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2012
ojdollars:

@

@KeMe91 ,  Please don't go to the following States

Edo - Benin
Delta - Asaba/Warri[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Bayelsa - Yenogoa
Rivers - Portharcourt

Reason? Your parents would have paid so much ransome before they know it. Don;t dare it. Stop for Lagos, Lagos, Calabar, Abuja a bit, Ibadan and perhaps Benue State. I don tell you ooh, but if you get ransome money, you fit come and you go enjoy your Holiday with the resident kidnappers. Welcome to Naija shall.
we wen dey there dem don kidnap us?  grin See your head, she said she was going to ''Lasgidy'' and not round Nigeria, so your advice is invalid , thanks NEXT!!  angry  grin

LOL @Tpia maybe she has contacted them finally  grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries With Highest molest Crime / Bill Of Landing & Purchase Invoices Required For US Visa / What Type Of Visa Do I Need To Watch Super Eagles In Russia Come 2018 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.