Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service (15375 Views)

Get Ready To Be Surprised Heavily By Airtel Nigeria / Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by mchenry(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
not all phones have the 3.75g capability. mine fluctuates between 3g and hsdpa+
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by lee4u: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
How is BB try like. I mean there package. I want to subscribe
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by mkmyers45(m): 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2012
This news is false, even in Europe 3.5g is still in test phase in many parts, you phone may show 3.7g but it is no way going to be 3.7g capabilities
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Odunnu: 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2012
Airtel is annoying! How do you configure your phone to browse with airtel?
I use a Glo Modem for my lappy and have an Etisalat on my phone.
Etisalat mobile has started misbehaving and if airtel promises to be better, I dont mind dumping Eti.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by aieromon(m): 7:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
Odunnu:

Airtel is annoying! How do you configure your phone to browse with airtel?

Access point name internet.ng.zain.com
Username internet
Password internet

You can change zain to airtel if it doesnt work.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Odunnu: 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
Start from when I insert the SIM. All these zain /airtel ish no gree me understand.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by aieromon(m): 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Odunnu:

Start from when I insert the SIM. All these zain /airtel ish no gree me understand.

Got your message but not able to reply since I'm not a moderator.
aieromon@rome.com
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by COMPAQ(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2012
We should all be aware though that even though Airtel may have upgraded to HSPA+ i.e 3.75G, many of us will still be limited by our hardware i.e modems, phones etc. If your phone is configured for max downlink of 7.2Mbps, though the 3.75 g will improve your speeds, you shouldn't expect the same improvement in performance of someone who uses a Galaxy S2 for eg, which incorporates HSPA+ with max downlink of 21Mbps.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by eherbal(m): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
3.75g is A fraud!what is The yard stick For it's Speed measurements?Why go on 3.75 when they're yet to perfect their so called "3g"?Nonsense!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by kaysy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
i was experiencing problem with my airtel modem in Yaba for over a week which doesn't happen like that b4, called the customer care and they claimed their system is being upgraded. I swear when the service decided to come back this week, u need to see the speed, airtel is really trying

but u know, network will alway remain network, sometimes they fails
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
Third month and no hassles with Airtel 3G. cool
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by belushi7: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
airtel truly has improved on their 3g coverage. however, probably dur to the present offers, their network has been down since yesterday in Lagos. Hope they get it fixed in time. I enjoy the fast data speed in aguda area of surulere, lagos
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by N101: 11:20am On Mar 12, 2012
@presfedreap, I must be on the Lagos side from you smiley

I got 3G for the first four days, since then it has been erratic. My phone displays nothing, when I connect to the net one phone says 3.75G, the same SIM in another phone says EDGE. Change it back, it initially says EDGE but the connection was worse than GPRS.

You should not have to ask the network you enable your SIM for 3G. When I was abroad last year and I regularly checked my SIM, it automatically showed the roaming network was 3.75G. The only reason to call the network to enable a SIM is purely down to incompetence by Airtel and is a waste of Customer Service Agents' time.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by N101: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2012
belushi7: airtel truly has improved on their 3g coverage. however, probably dur to the present offers, their network has been down since yesterday in Lagos. Hope they get it fixed in time. I enjoy the fast data speed in aguda area of surulere, lagos

Apart from MMIA, Surulere is the only other place I automatically got 3G appearing on my phone. Oh, and Lagos Island - 3 locations.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by N101: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2012
belushi7: airtel truly has improved on their 3g coverage. however, probably dur to the present offers, their network has been down since yesterday in Lagos. Hope they get it fixed in time. I enjoy the fast data speed in aguda area of surulere, lagos

Apart from MMIA, Surulere is the only other place I automatically got 3G appearing on my phone. Oh, and Lagos Island - 3 locations.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by wealthtrak: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2012
@ Hello all! cheesy
Are 3.75G signals available all over Ogun State, Oyo State
as advertised? smiley

Is anyone currently using his/her Internet modem to pick
up fast signals in those locations?

If people have some problems with receiving signals in
Lagos - I wonder if Internet signals are OK in those
states.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Saipro(m): 9:08am On Mar 27, 2012
Trying to activate the "2 plus 1" BlackBerry plans. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have the technical details? Better yet, has anyone done it successfully?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by ndtunes(m): 1:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
i have 3G in my area,bt its not stable,yet its pretty fast...thumbs up guys.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by aieromon(m): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2012
wealthtrak: @ Hello all! cheesy
Are 3.75G signals available all over Ogun State, Oyo State
as advertised? smiley

Is anyone currently using his/her Internet modem to pick
up fast signals in those locations?

If people have some problems with receiving signals in
Lagos - I wonder if Internet signals are OK in those
states.

I made use of Airtel 3G in Abeokuta last week.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by ziccoit: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2012
As far as I know, no 3G in Ekiti and Osun states. So Airtel know nada but lies and lies and lies.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
Living in lafia, nasarawa state. Airtel is the best. This morning i was shocked to watch youtube and it was not breaking. Am impressed.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by ITbomb(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2012
For most of u not experiencing 3.5g check ur fone , change type of network from GSM to UTMS or similar stuff depending on fone and see blazing . Available nationwide
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by COMPAQ(m): 4:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Airtel needs to enable those using contract lines to be able to activate bundles!! There is no way I am going to do any serious browsing at 5k per kb!! That means 1Mb alone is N50.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Labimbi: 9:02pm On May 10, 2012
NEWS RELEASE
NCC Names Airtel Best Network in Nigeria
Lagos, Nigeria; May 10, 2012:, Airtel Nigeria has been ranked the best operator for good quality of service by the Nigerian Communications Commission based on the Commission’s Audit Report for March and April, 2012.

According to the results published on the NCC’s Corporate Website, Airtel Nigeria recorded impressive performances when compared with the commission’s target on four crucial parameters namely Call Set-up Success Rate (CSSR), Call Completion Rate (CCR), Drop Call Rate (DCR) and Traffic Channel Congestion (TCH).

The tests showed that of the four major GSM operators in the country, Airtel recorded the best performances in Call Completion Rate (CCR) and Traffic Channel Congestion (TCH) in the period and high ratings on CSSR, an indicator that measures the ease in which calls are established or setup just as it rated the company high on DCR, a metric that captures an operator’s ability to retain call conversation when it has been established or set up.

Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Airtel Nigeria, Rajan Swaroop described the report as an eloquent testimony to the company’s commitment to the improvement of quality of service, adding that the company is extremely passionate about building a robust and resilient network that will empower more Nigerians to fulfill their telecommunications needs.

“We began the journey of building a network with the best quality of service about 18 months ago. I am glad today that our efforts have started yielding positive results. But this is just the beginning; we will not relent in actualizing our vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians. We will continue to delight telecoms consumers with a robust network and innovative products and services,” he said.

This year, Airtel has embarked on several improvement initiatives including coverage expansion, capacity and quality enhancement.

Airtel Nigerian recently launched the largest 3.75G network in Nigeria with coverage in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dandollar1: 11:23am On May 27, 2012
I guess this 3.75g must be true.i'm now able to watch youtube videos and stream online videos while on EDGE without buffering.internet radio too.its damn fast.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by rasky2k4(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Saipro: Trying to activate the "2 plus 1" BlackBerry plans. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have the technical details? Better yet, has anyone done it successfully?

did you finally get this done?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
There is now 3G in Ile Ife now but signal is somewhat erratic.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Youngpo413: 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Airtel 3.5G coverage is everywhere,I think?interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Capture, Edit And Post 3D Photos On Facebook. / Blackberry Mep Zero(0)& Bb Unlocking / The Next Big Thing: Tecno Phantom Z Mini Announced!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.