Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead (14640 Views)

Finally James Akwari Iroha AKA ‘gringory Akabuogu’ Has Been Buried Amidst Tears! / James Iroha Aka Giringori In New Masquerade Is Dead At 70 / Gringory Akabuogu (james Iroha) Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by MAYOWAAK: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
James Iroha, populary known as Giringory, is dead.
A top notch of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Segun Arinze, authored a Blackberry message confirming the death of Iroha.
Aged 70, Arinze said Iroha's son, Uche, confirmed the passing on of his dad.

The Blackberry message reads: "Just received the sad news now that Veteran Actor James Iroha aka Gringory of the popular Masquerade tv comedy series is dead!
"I spoke with the Son Uche who confirmed the story.
"He was aged 70 years.
"We at AGN commiserate with his family.
"May God Grant him eternal rest."
Iroha became famous for his role in the rested Nigeria Television Authority programme, The New Masquerade.
He starred alongside Chika Okpala, aka Zebrudaya

http://www.theeagleonline.com.ng/arts-and-entertainment2132/1498-james-iroha-aka-giringory-is-dead
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by r231(m): 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
rip
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by kokoA(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Awww! So sad cry cry Gringory is gone! RIP man.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by modavi: 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
O M G Not again, cry cry cry cry
R.I.P!
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by OAM4J: 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
So sad!
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
So sad, last time he came on who wants to be a millionaire, he was literarily begging for support. And we have people like ibori stealing billions. Nigeria, we dont appreciate our icons until they pass away!
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Olumogun: 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^ just wait a bit and the next thing is that his state government will want to give him a state burial.

Naija = Nation where sycophants rule the noble.

what a pity

GIRINGORY: RIP
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by freshcvv(m): 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
Eeyah embarassed sad
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by richard69(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
RIP
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by julioralph(m): 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
sadR.I.P Mr Giringory
this man & Claude eke (chief jegede) brought a lot of joy to many homes sad
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Natasha2(f): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
OMG  shocked RIP
\
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
mehhnnn cry cry
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by gbame(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2012
RIP Giringory!
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Bright2(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Since nothing last forever,i have no option than to say RIP.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Bright2(m): 10:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
Since nothing last forever,i have no option than to say RIP.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by deadie(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
Chai, you mean Gringory Akabuogu, alias 4.30, who is supposed to live as long as the rock of Gibraltar is dead? Anwu anwu! Mmuo! Ana m anu ihe? cry
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by deadie(m): 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
Zebrudaya Okorigwe and Jegede Shokoya, wia una dey? Una don hear am so?
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by muyoto: 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
RIP cry
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Amalaaba: 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
For the records and info of those who may not be old enough to know this, James Iroha created Masquerade and he wrote most of the early episodes of the drama series while working with NTA.

So once again, he conceptualized and created THE MASQUERADE.

May his soul rest in peace.

What a great loss to art and Nigeria.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Harbb: 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
RIP Gringory Akabuogu
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by texazzpete(m): 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
valacious:

So sad, last time he came on who wants to be a millionaire, he was literarily begging for support. And we have people like ibori stealing billions. Nigeria, we dont appreciate our icons until they pass away!

I don't understand this. If i work, fail to save enough cash for my retirement and become cash constrained in my later years, why is anyone obligated to support me?
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by ifyalways(f): 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
deadie:

Chai, you mean Gringory Akabuogu, alias 4.30, who is supposed to live as long as the rock of Gibraltar is dead? Anwu anwu! Mmuo! Ana m anu ihe? cry
You are funny.

@Topic,he tried oh.Dying at 70 in naija today is no mean feat for ordinary folks who can't afford jetting out of the country for access to good health care.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by simongonner: 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2012
r.i.p
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by tiarabubu: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
texazzpete:

I don't understand this. If i work, fail to save enough cash for my retirement and become cash constrained in my later years, why is anyone obligated to support me?

Full respect for the man, BUT those were my thoughts exactly.

To be fair, Government cant just dole out money to any and everybody in showbiz just because they put smiles on our faces in the past. It behoves every showbiz person to make the most of any opportunity that presents itself. When the going is good, artists should learn to INVEST their earnings either in themselves or a venture. Or even open a retirement savings account with a provider. Are we saying that in 20 years time Tuface Idibia and his brood expect the Government to care for them cos he once won a grammy?

Christy Essien was a successful business women after show biz, Zebrudaya was a successful MC and advert personality after Gringory episode. The government’s part is to strengthen copyright laws and fight poverty so that artist income will rise. Even in America, once famous artist become dead broke eg Vanilla Ice, Gary Coleman (Arnold Jackson of different strokes) that became so poor he once was a night guard, Toni Braxton etc Its a lesson to us all; PLAN for the future- It wouldn’t take care of itself.

Its unfortunate that Gringori’s career went down fast. It was a good one. My thoughts are with his family at this time.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Eazeee(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
life is not fair @ all 2 hardworkin people cos even wit his creativity in d 'NTA drama masqurade,d society has refused 2 acknowledge n reward dat while idiots like ibori,bode george,our governors n iliterate politicians are swimming on money.chei dis life.R.i.p
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by chux76(m): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
R.I.P Giringory according to Ovularia
deadie:

Zebrudaya Okorigwe and Jegede Shokoya, wia una dey? Una don hear am so?
FYI Jegede Shokoya passed on years ago.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by prettyboi1(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
r.i.p. in God's hands. Amen.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by jevic(m): 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
May his soul rest in peace,
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by positiveb: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2012
Chie,
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by Zi: 11:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
Gregry, Giringory, Gi-li, RIP.
Does anyone have his pix?, pls post.
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by luimartins: 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Na wao, he has finished his biz on earth. May his soul rest in perfect peace, Amen.  cry cry cry
Re: James Iroha, Populary Known As Giringory, Is Dead by thoniann(m): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
Aside creating the hilarious Soap,James Iroha has to his list of achievements a First Class Honours Degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Ibadan, he was also a pioneer student of that department. God Rest his Soul.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Celebrates 39th Birthday (Photos) / Angry Fan Calls Out Seyi Shay For Not Giving Her A Prize She Won / Charity Nnaji: 'Most Baby Mamas Are Products Of One Night Stand'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.