Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,537 members, 7,816,309 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

The Growning Political Consciousness In The Igbo nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Growning Political Consciousness In The Igbo nation (854 Views)

There Is Something Wrong With The Political Consciousness Of Nigerian Youth / Political Consciousness / Growing Political Consciousness By Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, a former governor of Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Growning Political Consciousness In The Igbo nation by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
Am just try to ask myself these question that i know i may not be able to answer lone without my igbo cousin, cos am akwa ibom(ibibio),my mum is igbo and my paternal grand mother is igbo and i grew most of my life in the eastern zone.I see myself as an igbo cos all my direct cousins are igbos.all my aunts(dad's sisters) married igbos and i visit my maternal home in imo state very well and they all know me infact to me that is my home.am so passionate about igbo people, i love them and i owe nobody any apology for that. i just wish i am one but am still half igbo.

With the recent happenings in the east,like in Imo, the way imolites fought to make sure ohakim was booted out of office, the booing of TA orji in Aba by Abians, the up coming expulsion of Peter Obi,Elechi from office, The celebration of DIM EMEKA and new found love and unity among the igbo citizens.

is it a sign of re-awaken political consciousness of the igbos after the the civil war? or is it because of the republican and egalitarian nature of the igbos cos you cant that the for a ride, never?

they seem to me to be more assertive cos i know no state or region have had its people boo or disgrace their leaders whether good or bad like the igbos do.other regions just remain indifferent about their leaders but the igbos seem to be leading the way in demanding for justice and good governance at least at the state level.its only when it comes to the nation level some groups think they are more sophisticated then others.I also think there have been a long silence in the east when it comes to the national level.cos the igbos seem to not to be interested in anything that has to do with Nigeria.

is it that the igbos are comfortable with themselves with the way they are?
is it that they don't still feel Nigeria in their blood?so those that own Nigeria and want Nigeria should fight and died for Nigeria without the igbos.
what can be done to bring the igbos back into the mainstream Nigeria because without being bias the igbos are still a force in Nigeria and Nigeria needs them.

alot of people seem to think the igbos are not so conscious politically especially as displayed during the subsidy protest but with recent events in the east that seem to be more assertive when it comes to demanding for what they want and also rugged when pushed to the wall.

An Edo man once describe the igbos as being fast at learning and adapting to changes going by their history. when education came to Nigeria.the yoruba where the first to learn and eventually became the most educated at that time but the igbos became the best educated which accounted for their dominance in the pre and post independent Nigeria cos they where been employed by the British(the British were using igbo brains to run Nigeria then and Nigeria was at its best until the north hijacked Nigeria after the civil war),kidnapping started from the south south but when it entered the east it took a different dimension.that is why the igbos are the best in very thing both good and bad.we need not discuss the war and how they held the whole of Nigeria(including USA,Britain,Russia,the Arab countries,china and other friends of Nigeria) to a stand still for three year despite all the disappointment from other ethnic allies,blockades and lack of support from the international community

bearing this in mind.

if truly their political consciousness is gradually coming back,

what will it mean for Nigeria as a whole?is it go or bad?
will it worsen the already existing political rivalry between the igbos and the Yoruba??
what will it mean for southern Nigeria
will it lead to a demand for biafra?
with this consciousness will it mean it will be difficult to impose a leader on them and their leaders will not take them for a ride anymore.
what will 2015 be for the igbos??
is Ojukwus death responsible for the re awaking of the igboness??which seem to be stronger now.
if they have their biafra with this consciousness will it mean there nature democratic and egalitarian nature work at their advantage?

These and many more questions roaming my mind that need answers.

RIP DIM EMEKA OJUKWU
Re: The Growning Political Consciousness In The Igbo nation by DuduNegro: 5:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
what will 2015 be for the igbos??

2015 will be many things for Igbo. . . .many many things, but there is one thing it will never be, Presiding over Nigeria! You have your opportunity to carve Biafra out of Nigeria while your ally Gej is in power. Once he is out, your chance at Presidency is again put on hold for maybe another 50yrs. . . and your Biafran actualization is stalled. Mark that down! wink

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To See The Correct Location Of Oil Well In Nigeria / Abuja Bomb Blast: So What Is The Use Of The Cameras? / The Truth About The Ntan Obu Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.